Surfers Poker - Poker Forum

Surfers Poker - Poker Forum (http://www.surferspoker.com/index.php)
-   Poker Forum (http://www.surferspoker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bankrolling Tourneys (http://www.surferspoker.com/showthread.php?t=4)

Venice 01-18-2007 06:48 PM

Bankrolling Tourneys

2 Attachment(s)
To assist Surfers Poker members in building a bankroll and playing some small tourneys the following options are available :-

1) Surfers Poker Logo on your PokerStars avatar. This will get you a $3.30 stake, and a priority in other stake applications. Use the logo attached to the bottom of this post (rightclick and save).

You need to have at least 50 posts on Surfers for this.

2) Rakeslice account. Any member signing up to a site via Rakeslice and raking at least $0.25 will get a $5.50 stake. And then a $11 stake if your were profitable in the first stake. And then a $22 stake if you were profitable in the second stake. You may continue to receive further $22 stakes or larger after this point if you seem to be performing well.

Enter Surfers in the Referred By field at Rakeslice

3) Player of the Month - The Player of the Month will win $15.00. The runner up will win $8.00 (This is points based, taking into account your tourney performances - see the 'Going Deep' forum). You can compete via freerolls and FPP tourneys.

You need to have at least 25 posts on Surfers for this.

4) Referals. When any member signs up to Surfers Poker there is a box to state which member refered them to the site (if any). Often this is just left blank. Members will earn a $1 credit for every referal (assuming that referal actually posts something meaningful). Please don't spam to get referal members. This reward is mainly so you can mention us to people you might be chatting to at the tables etc. The referal can be cashed into a tourney entry when it reaches $11, and multiples thereof. You can cash it out in multiples of $5 if any of your referals reaches 300 posts.

5) Articles. If you are interested in writing a poker related article then PM Venice with the planned topic. If it is agreed you will get a $3.30 stake once the article is complete. The article may or may not be posted on Surfers afterwards, but either way you will still get the $3.30 stake. Please note articles must be your own work. It will be checked, so don't get yourself banned by copying anything from anywhere.

For some more general Poker site deals exclusive to Surfers Poker members see : Poker Bankrolling

Goodluck. We look forward to bankrolling you to tourney success. If you need assistance with any of the above then send a PM to Venice.

PassTheSugar 01-27-2007 01:47 AM

Count me in for this ^^^^^

ty

hdogg 02-01-2007 06:25 PM

Has this started, or when does it start?? Thnaks

Venice 02-01-2007 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdogg (Post 48)
Has this started, or when does it start?? Thnaks

Yep, it has started. The first 3 awards will be given out at the end of Feb. (ie Thread of the Month, Avatar of the Month, and Highest Posting member)

NB The highest posting member excludes myself and 'Jenpoker' (who is a moderator)

Lemon11 02-09-2007 10:29 PM

DOes this apply to Absolute?? you are allowed to change you pic there as well

Venice 02-10-2007 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemon11 (Post 97)
DOes this apply to Absolute?? you are allowed to change you pic there as well

No probs.

Any site in fact, where they allow this, is ok by me.

dirtracerx 03-08-2007 05:50 PM

since i am a mac user and can only play FTP and AP, I have changed my ap avatar to one of the logos. I will let you know when it has taken affect if the promotion is still available. Martin

Venice 03-08-2007 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtracerx (Post 200)
since i am a mac user and can only play FTP and AP, I have changed my ap avatar to one of the logos. I will let you know when it has taken affect if the promotion is still available. Martin

....yep, np

christo_r_6 03-20-2007 05:40 PM

Wow these are some amazing prizes. This is a great idea to get people to the site and get some great posts.
Thanks

miksto 03-21-2007 01:51 PM

Hi,

Where do i find the surfers poker logos, so that i could use them in my PokerStars avatar?

Thank you:)

Venice 03-21-2007 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miksto (Post 473)
Hi,

Where do i find the surfers poker logos, so that i could use them in my PokerStars avatar?

Thank you:)

Logos can be found here :- Logos

budsmkr69 03-23-2007 05:24 PM

i have just changed my avatar on poker stars, not live yet but ill post again when it is, if i do it on AP can i get the same deal there as well??:laugh:

iPokerMoney 03-24-2007 01:26 AM

I like the idea. I is a great deal. Thanks

frede 03-24-2007 11:16 AM

its verry nice i hope it still it in :bike:

Venice 03-24-2007 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by budsmkr69 (Post 578)
i have just changed my avatar on poker stars, not live yet but ill post again when it is, if i do it on AP can i get the same deal there as well??:laugh:

Yep, I think we can do that. ;)

Venice 03-24-2007 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venice (Post 4)

2) The Highest Posting Member for the month will get a $22 tourney entry. (Please note, avoid blatant spammed posts as these will be discounted)

I better re-state this to nip some things in the bud. :-

Quick one-liners (across a short timespan) are spammed posts, and will be considered so.

If someone we see as a good member writes the odd one-liner here and there, then obviously no probs. But posting one-liner, after one-liner, after one-liner wont be looked upon fondly.

escomike 03-24-2007 08:23 PM

pokerstars avatar

Anybody know how many times you can change your avatar at pokerstars?

EraseTheGrey 03-24-2007 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by escomike (Post 816)
Anybody know how many times you can change your avatar at pokerstars?

I know back when I started playing on the site (several years ago) you got on picture and that's it, but I guess that have changed that policy because my roommate has changed his three times so far.

dentry 03-24-2007 11:33 PM

new registration

Hi all , newly registered , very good promo of wearing surfers logo , btw where can i get it:)

miksto 03-25-2007 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dentry (Post 840)
Hi all , newly registered , very good promo of wearing surfers logo , btw where can i get it:)

http://www.surferspoker.com/showthread.php?t=6
Here are the logos:)

Welcome to the site;)

timeflight 03-25-2007 02:51 PM

great ideal!i like it

wow iv been a member to alot of forums and i like the fact you reward your members for there post it makes it all worth while ty and great ideal!:D :D

cxl 03-25-2007 05:41 PM

Indeed, very good incentives for members.
Need to watch out for spam though.

bigallo 03-25-2007 09:09 PM

interesting ty

brewboo 03-25-2007 09:19 PM

If you email pokerstars support and ask for more image changes they will give them to you. You just have to go through the same approval process as any other image.

dudeeral 03-25-2007 11:07 PM

I just changed my image to the surfers poker chip.
im also new to this forum and would like to say Hi Everyone.

Venice 03-25-2007 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dudeeral (Post 1210)
I just changed my image to the surfers poker chip.
im also new to this forum and would like to say Hi Everyone.

Hi dudeeral. Let me know when the logo is live.

brewboo 04-01-2007 08:19 PM

Just curious as to when u will be posting the list of winners?

Smurf 04-03-2007 07:55 PM

Must be nice

Hi ,I'm smurf a new member. I think this is a great idea,I'm going to change mine now I will PM u it goes through THANKs

Venice 04-04-2007 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brewboo (Post 2117)
Just curious as to when u will be posting the list of winners?

Already done March Prizes

There are some extra ones for April, eg thread of the month runner-up, funniest chat log, best new member.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smurf (Post 2278)
Hi ,I'm smurf a new member. I think this is a great idea,I'm going to change mine now I will PM u it goes through THANKs

sure, np

mr-special 04-06-2007 06:30 AM

Hi admin and others,

Im just new here fantastic site ! Where can I introduce myself ?
I surf a lot in summer.. but when it's cold I wanna play a freeroll when is your next freeroll? Can I play ?

Ciao guys,

Mr-Special