Surfers Poker, Poker Forum

Go Back   Surfers Poker - Poker Forum > Poker Forums Area > Poker Hand Analysis > Texas Holdem Tournament Hands
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2017, 06:27 PM
Silver Staker - Verified
Supernova Horse

Staker Points: 302.95
TPS: 1203.625
Plays at : PokerStars/FullTilt
Game of choice : NLH, PLO/PLO8
Fav. Online Player : Annette Obrestad
Fav. Pro : Annette Obrestad
Black_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of Poker
Send a message via AIM to Black_mamba Send a message via MSN to Black_mamba Send a message via Skype™ to Black_mamba
Default A Set on a Wet Board

Okay, This is my second at the table. 10k starting stack. No reads yet.

Blinds 30/60

Action:

UTG opens to 180

BB also calls

I'm UTG+2 (7c7s) call. I'm assuming the opener has a tight range considering his position

Flop: 10d 8s 7d

Action: Opener Checks?? ( I was surprised by this) Given the board texture

Now have to decide what to do with bottom Set. I just can't see checking as a good option on such a wet board This broad might hit the BB as well.

I decide to go for a bigger bet of 750. (Given Texture)

The BB thinks and bets 3750

UTG moves ALL- IN

What's the play here? I mean the opener could have 10's etc.

There are a bunch of draws out there as well. BB's action is also pending.

Last edited by Black_mamba : 03-13-2017 at 06:31 PM.

Surfers Poker - Featured Sites
Old 03-28-2017, 10:03 AM
Surfers Event Winner x48
Elite Supernova Staker VII
Elite Supernova Horse III

WSOSP Winner x11
Sharkfin Winner x3
SNG Champion x2
After Dark Winner x4
Survivor Champion

Staker Points: 79447.36
TPS: 20526.89
Plays at : Pokerstars
Game of choice : NLHE, 5CD
Fav. Online Player : Frogman3
Fav. Pro : Marcel Luske
DrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via Skype™ to DrJustice

Somehow i didnt saw this thread.

It would be nice to determine a little more stuff.
Is it live or online?

The context of the game if it is live means also something. Was it a bar game or a serious live game.

The hardest part is ranging people on a hand.

Old 03-28-2017, 04:45 PM
Surfers Event Winner x2
Silver Supernova Staker - Verified

Staker Points: 2163.77
TPS: 144.03
Plays at : No where, thrown out
Game of choice : nl holdem
Fav. Online Player : Testical McGee
Fav. Pro : Big Poppa
Willtakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via Yahoo to Willtakem Send a message via Skype™ to Willtakem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_mamba View Post
Okay, This is my second at the table. 10k starting stack. No reads yet.

Blinds 30/60

Action:

UTG opens to 180

BB also calls

I'm UTG+2 (7c7s) call. I'm assuming the opener has a tight range considering his position

Flop: 10d 8s 7d

Action: Opener Checks?? ( I was surprised by this) Given the board texture

Now have to decide what to do with bottom Set. I just can't see checking as a good option on such a wet board This broad might hit the BB as well.

I decide to go for a bigger bet of 750. (Given Texture)

The BB thinks and bets 3750

UTG moves ALL- IN

What's the play here? I mean the opener could have 10's etc.

There are a bunch of draws out there as well. BB's action is also pending.

as the J man said, lots to consider.. could be a squeeze to get you out. with a bet and 2 raises it would seem that there is a better made hand than yours or one helluva draw. now the decision, don't know any dynamics about the table, are these guys nits, loose or whatever, has a lot to do with are you continuing or not. your set looks a little weak here unless these guys are just loose cannons. but depending on what BB does.still being old and a nit I probably fold here and wait for better situation..

Old 03-29-2017, 05:50 PM
Surfers Event Winner x2
Elite Supernova Horse
Supernova Staker
Sharkfin Winner
WSOSP Winner

Staker Points: 3824.51
TPS: 14136.305
Plays at : pokerstars
Fav. Online Player : frogtrain97
Fav. Pro : tony helmuth
char Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willtakem View Post
as the J man said, lots to consider.. could be a squeeze to get you out. with a bet and 2 raises it would seem that there is a better made hand than yours or one helluva draw. now the decision, don't know any dynamics about the table, are these guys nits, loose or whatever, has a lot to do with are you continuing or not. your set looks a little weak here unless these guys are just loose cannons. but depending on what BB does.still being old and a nit I probably fold here and wait for better situation..
i call here prolly tobehonest inless the the squeezey guy is a nit even then i might call tbh

Old 03-31-2017, 04:36 AM
Surfers Event Winner x2
Silver Supernova Staker - Verified

Staker Points: 2163.77
TPS: 144.03
Plays at : No where, thrown out
Game of choice : nl holdem
Fav. Online Player : Testical McGee
Fav. Pro : Big Poppa
Willtakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via Yahoo to Willtakem Send a message via Skype™ to Willtakem

Quote:
Originally Posted by char View Post
i call here prolly tobehonest inless the the squeezey guy is a nit even then i might call tbh
always an option, like I said, I'm a nit...

Old 03-31-2017, 08:26 PM
Silver Staker - Verified
Supernova Horse

Black_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of Poker
Send a message via AIM to Black_mamba Send a message via MSN to Black_mamba Send a message via Skype™ to Black_mamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJustice View Post
Somehow i didnt saw this thread.

It would be nice to determine a little more stuff.
Is it live or online?

The context of the game if it is live means also something. Was it a bar game or a serious live game.

The hardest part is ranging people on a hand.
This was Online.. Doesn't seem like I noted I had no reads was only my second hand. I guess I did say that.

Last edited by Black_mamba : 03-31-2017 at 08:29 PM.

Old 04-01-2017, 03:59 PM
Silver Staker - Verified
Supernova Horse

I time banked the crap out of this one. The thing that made it hard was the FIR player snap shoved when it came back to them.

Old 04-04-2017, 09:12 AM
Surfers Event Winner x48
Elite Supernova Staker VII
Elite Supernova Horse III

WSOSP Winner x11
Sharkfin Winner x3
SNG Champion x2
After Dark Winner x4
Survivor Champion

Staker Points: 79447.36
TPS: 20526.89
Plays at : Pokerstars
Game of choice : NLHE, 5CD
Fav. Online Player : Frogman3
Fav. Pro : Marcel Luske
DrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via Skype™ to DrJustice

Quote:
This was Online.. Doesn't seem like I noted I had no reads was only my second hand. I guess I did say that.
Quote:
I time banked the crap out of this one. The thing that made it hard was the FIR player snap shoved when it came back to them.
I got the part about it being the second hand at the table.

In a nutshell w a flopped bottom set vs possible hands opponents play like this. We have to range the hands that people would play like this on a board.
UTG AdKd, 88+,
BB AdKd, Xx9x, XdXd.

So in a nutshell there is no shame in folding, although i like the option of calling this and get a 500BB stack or be busted. The oppertunity is just too good to let pass.
My only real consideration why folding would be an option is if the buyin is high enough to realize that the odds aren't in our favour. And even then it's a true consideration if we think we don't have an edge on the field.

Old 04-07-2017, 06:58 PM
Silver Staker - Verified
Supernova Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJustice View Post
I got the part about it being the second hand at the table.

In a nutshell w a flopped bottom set vs possible hands opponents play like this. We have to range the hands that people would play like this on a board.
UTG AdKd, 88+,
BB AdKd, Xx9x, XdXd.

So in a nutshell there is no shame in folding, although i like the option of calling this and get a 500BB stack or be busted. The oppertunity is just too good to let pass.
My only real consideration why folding would be an option is if the buyin is high enough to realize that the odds aren't in our favour. And even then it's a true consideration if we think we don't have an edge on the field.
I agree with all of this. I posted the hand because I thought it was a fun spot.

Poker Forum | Poker Staking

Poker Site Reviews
Titan Poker Pokerstars William Hill Bodog Carbon Poker Ladbrokes Party PokerCake Poker