Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Gold Horse - Verified

Staker Points: 12.95
TPS: 70.77
Plays at : pokerstars,fulltilt
Game of choice : nlh
Fav. Pro : daniel Negreanu
haystack Poker Forum Living Legendhaystack Poker Forum Living Legendhaystack Poker Forum Living Legendhaystack Poker Forum Living Legendhaystack Poker Forum Living Legendhaystack Poker Forum Living Legendhaystack Poker Forum Living Legendhaystack Poker Forum Living Legendhaystack Poker Forum Living Legendhaystack Poker Forum Living Legendhaystack Poker Forum Living Legendhaystack Poker Forum Living Legend
Send a message via MSN to haystack Send a message via Yahoo to haystack Send a message via Skype™ to haystack
Default look here

this can be a great place we have some great player's here,but why do they all have to be so cocky about it.I have been playing on-line poker for 6 yrs now you want to know what i have really learned you can't beat luck most of the time it's all luck and sometimes you guess right and sometimes you don't.that's why i don't think any one should get to high and mighty about their play.I remember getting into trouble here when people started adding comment's in a rail thread i was doing just silly if some of you really want to help let's put up some video sessions and show us how to beat luck thanks for listening

Surfers Poker - Featured Sites
Old 02-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Surfers Event Winner x2
Elite Supernova Horse
Supernova Staker
Sharkfin Winner
WSOSP Winner

Staker Points: 3824.51
TPS: 14136.305
Plays at : pokerstars
Fav. Online Player : frogtrain97
Fav. Pro : tony helmuth
char Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by haystack View Post
this can be a great place we have some great player's here,but why do they all have to be so cocky about it.I have been playing on-line poker for 6 yrs now you want to know what i have really learned you can't beat luck most of the time it's all luck and sometimes you guess right and sometimes you don't.that's why i don't think any one should get to high and mighty about their play.I remember getting into trouble here when people started adding comment's in a rail thread i was doing just silly if some of you really want to help let's put up some video sessions and show us how to beat luck thanks for listening
+1

Old 02-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Surfers Event Winner x2
Silver Supernova Horse
Silver Supernova Staker - Verified

WSOSP Winner

Staker Points: 2543.84
TPS: 904.225
Plays at : Pokerstars
Game of choice : nlhe
Fav. Pro : Kevin Murphy obv
mizzo5678 Godlike Genius of Pokermizzo5678 Godlike Genius of Pokermizzo5678 Godlike Genius of Pokermizzo5678 Godlike Genius of Pokermizzo5678 Godlike Genius of Pokermizzo5678 Godlike Genius of Pokermizzo5678 Godlike Genius of Pokermizzo5678 Godlike Genius of Pokermizzo5678 Godlike Genius of Pokermizzo5678 Godlike Genius of Pokermizzo5678 Godlike Genius of Pokermizzo5678 Godlike Genius of Pokermizzo5678 Godlike Genius of Pokermizzo5678 Godlike Genius of Pokermizzo5678 Godlike Genius of Pokermizzo5678 Godlike Genius of Poker
Send a message via Skype™ to mizzo5678

Quote:
If you truly believe it is all luck and no skill then you should really stop playing.

Old 02-09-2011, 02:59 PM
Surfers Event Winner x5
Elite Supernova Staker II
Silver Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner x3

Staker Points: 27655.25
TPS: 2710.72
Plays at : Home
Game of choice : Holdem
Fav. Online Player : Prolly VLC
Fav. Pro : Daniel Negreanu
LeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

Quote:
Lol this is truly the most stupid thing you've ever written.

So the great players out there making upwards of $500k/year from online poker ... that's all luck? How about the myriad of profitable (month after month after month) players here on Surfers?

EDIT: Another Lol.... Char +1's Haystacks nonsense post, and then wants to sell out another BAS.

Old 02-09-2011, 03:01 PM
Banned
After Dark Winner

Staker Points: 1601.49
TPS: 144.305
Plays at : dont....
veidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via Skype™ to veidtmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsFan1122 View Post

So the great players out there making upwards of $500k/year from online poker ... that's all luck? How about the myriad of profitable (month after month after month) players here on Surfers?
If by Myriad, you mean handful, I totally agree......

Old 02-09-2011, 03:02 PM
Surfers Event Winner x5
Silver Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner x3

LeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by veidtmeister View Post
If by Myriad, you mean handful, I totally agree......
^^^ Probably more accurate than myriad TBH.

But Dozen > Handful in this case

Old 02-09-2011, 03:02 PM
Gold Horse - Verified

haystack Poker Forum Living Legendhaystack Poker Forum Living Legendhaystack Poker Forum Living Legendhaystack Poker Forum Living Legendhaystack Poker Forum Living Legendhaystack Poker Forum Living Legendhaystack Poker Forum Living Legendhaystack Poker Forum Living Legendhaystack Poker Forum Living Legendhaystack Poker Forum Living Legendhaystack Poker Forum Living Legendhaystack Poker Forum Living Legend
Send a message via MSN to haystack Send a message via Yahoo to haystack Send a message via Skype™ to haystack

no their is skill and maybe if ya get up to the bigger money games it comes into play but at the micro level no skill it is 70/30 luck game trust me i have over 1000 played in 6 yrs and i have lost with all the teir one hands numorous times that ain't skill that's luck

Old 02-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Surfers Event Winner x2
Elite Supernova Horse
Supernova Staker
Sharkfin Winner
WSOSP Winner

char Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Poker

Quote:

EDIT: Another Lol.... Char +1's Haystacks nonsense post, and then wants to sell out another BAS.
well hes obv talking about mircos?

Old 02-09-2011, 03:04 PM
Surfers Event Winner x5
Silver Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by char View Post
well hes obv talking about mircos?
Yeah cause micros are harder to beat than high stakes ......

Old 02-09-2011, 03:06 PM
Surfers Event Winner x2
Elite Supernova Horse
Supernova Staker
Sharkfin Winner
WSOSP Winner

Quote:
well they aRE ive beat higher stake live ...... sometimes its harder playing agenst a bigger ranged person who wont fold then a better player who will fold to a 4bet

Old 02-09-2011, 03:06 PM
Gold Horse - Verified

as far as people making money they are sponsored player's playing 55+ buy in's yea some skill their as far as the rest they have to play 100 games a day sng's to cover veriance which is just another way of say all the bad beats your going to take from what let's all say it togeter (luck box's) so let's get real ok

Old 02-09-2011, 03:07 PM
Surfers Event Winner x5
Silver Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner x3

Quote:
well they aRE ive beat higher stake live ......
Lmao at you agreeing that micros are harder to beat than high stakes.

And for what its worth, you don't have nearly a big enough sample size for live games to prove that you can "beat" them at all.

Old 02-09-2011, 03:07 PM
Surfers Event Winner x5
Silver Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner x3

Quote:
as far as people making money they are sponsored player's playing 55+ buy in's yea some skill their as far as the rest they have to play 100 games a day sng's to cover veriance which is just another way of say all the bad beats your going to take from what let's all say it togeter (luck box's) so let's get real ok
I am shocked man. I truly thought you were smarter than this.

Old 02-09-2011, 03:08 PM
Surfers Event Winner x2
Elite Supernova Horse
Supernova Staker
Sharkfin Winner
WSOSP Winner

Quote:
Lmao at you agreeing that micros are harder to beat than high stakes.

And for what its worth, you don't have nearly a big enough sample size for live games to prove that you can "beat" them at all.
lol how do you know u dont i play live 2 times a week son id chellgne any surfer who rip me to play live only one result i win

Old 02-09-2011, 03:09 PM
White Water Surfer
Surfers Event Winner x19
Silver Supernova Staker
Elite Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner x4
Sharkfin Winner x8

Staker Points: 11973.68
TPS: 36978.17
Plays at : CampusBar
Fav. Online Player : Ademir Galeno
Fav. Pro : dude904
ouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

high volume players only play high volume because they know its all luck and figure they might eventually bink a big score that will make them look good

dude904 paid me $9001 for this promotional forum sig

awaiting funds

Old 02-09-2011, 03:09 PM
Surfers Event Winner x5
Silver Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner x3

Quote:
lol how do you know u dont i play live 2 times a week son id chellgne any surfer who rip me to play live only one result i win
Lol 2 times a week. wow.

So you probably get dealt like 250 hands/week at absolute max. Yeah that's a great sample.

Old 02-09-2011, 03:11 PM
Gold Horse - Verified

well all i know is this if i ever get the chance to play in the upper crust 55+ i think that i would do really well but i don't think i will ever get that chance now so unless i get lucky in the lower depths of hell i will never get anywhere peace

Old 02-09-2011, 03:12 PM
Surfers Event Winner x5
Silver Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner x3

Quote:
well all i know is this if i ever get the chance to play in the upper crust 55+ i think that i would do really well but i don't think i will ever get that chance now so unless i get lucky in the lower depths of hell i will never get anywhere peace
With proper effort/determination you can be playing 55s+ but it won't be easy and your attitudes would have to take a 180.

As of right now you'd get crushed.

Old 02-09-2011, 03:14 PM
Surfers Event Winner x2
Elite Supernova Horse
Supernova Staker
Sharkfin Winner
WSOSP Winner

Quote:
Lol 2 times a week. wow.

So you probably get dealt like 250 hands/week at absolute max. Yeah that's a great sample.
since i was 18? live now 21 i play more like 300/350 a week total

46800hands live + easyerily

Old 02-09-2011, 03:17 PM
Surfers Event Winner x2
Elite Supernova Horse
Supernova Staker
Sharkfin Winner
WSOSP Winner

vaRANCE IS ANOTHER WORD FOR LUCKY/UNLUCKY

Surfers Event Winner x5
Silver Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner x3

Quote:
vaRANCE IS ANOTHER WORD FOR LUCKY/UNLUCKY
Right ... thanks for further demonstrating your lack of knowledge towards variance and poker as a whole.

Gold Horse - Verified

i really don't think so put me in one and find out 90/10 split you just to show ya what a real player can do i know what kind of game i got just haven't gotton the oppurtunity yet

Old 02-09-2011, 03:18 PM
Surfers Event Winner x5
Silver Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner x3

Quote:
i really don't think so put me in one and find out 90/10 split you just to show ya what a real player can do i know what kind of game i got just haven't gotton the oppurtunity yet
No, you proved you're a jerk today. Opportunity ruined.

Old 02-09-2011, 03:20 PM
Surfers Event Winner x2
Elite Supernova Horse
Supernova Staker
Sharkfin Winner
WSOSP Winner

Quote:
Right ... thanks for further demonstrating your lack of knowledge towards variance and poker as a whole.
YH LOL BRUV call it what u want but u all will eat ur words when i am 1/1 in live majors like the ukipt when i play witch i will have a good shot

Old 02-09-2011, 03:22 PM
Surfers Event Winner x5
Silver Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner x3

Quote:
YH LOL BRUV call it what u want but u all will eat ur words when i am 1/1 in live majors like the ukipt when i play witch i will have a good shot
lol 1/1 eh. Still showing your lack of understanding of the term "large sample size".

Old 02-09-2011, 03:24 PM
Surfers Event Winner x2
Elite Supernova Horse
Supernova Staker
Sharkfin Winner
WSOSP Winner

Quote:
lol 1/1 eh. Still showing your lack of understanding of the term "large sample size".
lol 1/1 better than 0/10000 -879986677855

Old 02-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Gold Horse - Verified

yea that's what all you big mouths always do talk shit make a statement like you did then when someone calls you on it you weasel out you have no idea what kind of game i got all you want to do is make idel staements and run away see ya i am a jerk for speaking the truth please kid grow up

Old 02-09-2011, 03:27 PM
Surfers Event Winner x2
Elite Supernova Horse
Supernova Staker
Sharkfin Winner
WSOSP Winner

Quote:
No, you proved you're a jerk today. Opportunity ruined.
to behonest i would never take an investment from yopu anyway coz i would'nt wanna make u money

Old 02-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Surfers Event Winner x28
Elite Supernova Staker
WSOSP Winner x5
SNG Champion
Sharkfin Winner x2

Staker Points: 22183.18
TPS: 81.7
Game of choice : No Limit Holdem
RiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

Quote:
no their is skill and maybe if ya get up to the bigger money games it comes into play but at the micro level no skill it is 70/30 luck game trust me i have over 1000 played in 6 yrs and i have lost with all the teir one hands numorous times that ain't skill that's luck
I must respectfully disagree with your views on the longterm beatablility of online micro stakes games. What kind of sample size would you have to see to believe that they are beatable?

I, for instance, play the micros. I also beat the micros.

No offense, but you might need to consider the possibility that you can't win at the micro level because your game isn't good enough. This may not be the case. Perhaps 1000 (games?/hands?) is too small a sample to tell how well you will fare in the long run.

One thing for certain though, if you can't consistently beat the micros, you won't be able to beat higher stakes. You may argue this point, but I'm convinced it is the case.

Regarding the views stated earlier in this thread on variance, it is not luck. Do yourself a favor, please do a little research on the term. As I have said many times before, "Understand the vagueries of variance, and you will have taken your first step on the road out of Tilt Town."

Old 02-09-2011, 03:40 PM
Silver Staker - Verified
Supernova Horse

Staker Points: 302.95
TPS: 1203.625
Plays at : PokerStars/FullTilt
Game of choice : NLH, PLO/PLO8
Fav. Online Player : Annette Obrestad
Fav. Pro : Annette Obrestad
Black_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of Poker
Send a message via AIM to Black_mamba Send a message via MSN to Black_mamba Send a message via Skype™ to Black_mamba

Quote:
Now best post ever. You just made my week.

Poker Forum | Poker Staking

Poker Site Reviews
Titan Poker Pokerstars William Hill Bodog Carbon Poker Ladbrokes Party PokerCake Poker