Surfers Poker, Poker Forum

Go Back   Surfers Poker - Poker Forum > Poker Forums Area > Poker Strategy and Tips
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2016, 04:25 PM
Silver Staker - Verified
Supernova Horse

Staker Points: 302.95
TPS: 1203.625
Plays at : PokerStars/FullTilt
Game of choice : NLH, PLO/PLO8
Fav. Online Player : Annette Obrestad
Fav. Pro : Annette Obrestad
Black_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of Poker
Send a message via AIM to Black_mamba Send a message via MSN to Black_mamba Send a message via Skype™ to Black_mamba
Default 6 Max Cash (Bet Sizing)

I have been playing a fair bet of small stakes 6 max cash. I have been experimenting with different bet sizing. Currently,I Min. bet my UTG range from UTG. This may induce some lighter 3bets. At the least I should get more action when my range is strongest, From the BTN I have been going 3.5x As I figure I'm guaranteed position. This puts the SB in a tough spot as 3bets will cost them more and flatting gives the BB potions. Thoughts on this, or bet sizing in general?

Surfers Poker - Featured Sites
Old 01-17-2017, 10:11 AM
Surfers Event Winner x48
Elite Supernova Staker VII
Elite Supernova Horse III

WSOSP Winner x11
Sharkfin Winner x3
SNG Champion x2
After Dark Winner x4
Survivor Champion

Staker Points: 79447.36
TPS: 20526.89
Plays at : Pokerstars
Game of choice : NLHE, 5CD
Fav. Online Player : Frogman3
Fav. Pro : Marcel Luske
DrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via Skype™ to DrJustice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_mamba View Post
I have been playing a fair bet of small stakes 6 max cash. I have been experimenting with different bet sizing. Currently,I Min. bet my UTG range from UTG. This may induce some lighter 3bets. At the least I should get more action when my range is strongest, From the BTN I have been going 3.5x As I figure I'm guaranteed position. This puts the SB in a tough spot as 3bets will cost them more and flatting gives the BB potions. Thoughts on this, or bet sizing in general?
I guess there are either no thoughts or everyone was hung over from Christmas

I assume your still talking about online, if so what site and buyin/ante are we talking about?

Are you minraising from utg with the intention of getting lighter 3bets, so less players involved because of more people 3b rather then flatting.
I would assume that people on lower stakes flat more from HJ and CO rather then 3b or fold.

Raising 3.5x from BTN looks alright to me in cash. But i have not as much experience in cashgames lately!

Poker Forum | Poker Staking

Poker Site Reviews
Titan Poker Pokerstars William Hill Bodog Carbon Poker Ladbrokes Party PokerCake Poker