After Dark Winner x4
Survivor Champion

Staker Points: 80854.48
TPS: 20526.89
Plays at : Pokerstars
Game of choice : NLHE, 5CD
Fav. Online Player : Frogman3
Fav. Pro : Marcel Luske
DrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via Skype™ to DrJustice
Default Focus vs Volume

On Surfers there are a lot of different opinions on a wide area of subjects.

There are pro's that meditate on daily basis to boost there focus and awareness of what they are doing.

Now i'm wondering what is more efficient to optimize your session on the amount of tables we play simultaneously.
I've noticed a few big Pro's rather focus on a few tournaments, rather then play a full schedule which some other pro's do.

What is more beneficial and why?

Surfers Poker - Featured Sites
Old 02-18-2015, 06:49 PM
Silver Staker - Verified
Supernova Horse

Staker Points: 302.95
TPS: 1203.625
Plays at : PokerStars/FullTilt
Game of choice : NLH, PLO/PLO8
Fav. Online Player : Annette Obrestad
Fav. Pro : Annette Obrestad
Black_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of PokerBlack_mamba Godlike Genius of Poker
Send a message via AIM to Black_mamba Send a message via MSN to Black_mamba Send a message via Skype™ to Black_mamba

For cash games I prefer fewer tables. I want to make sure my reads are good, and I want to miss value as I'm willing to play pots as I feel like I can exploit the mass table grinders (They miss so much value.)

As for MTTs I just play whatever looks good.

Old 02-18-2015, 09:01 PM
Elite Supernova Staker II
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

Staker Points: 21892.25
TPS: 9305.13
Plays at : pokerstars
Game of choice : strippoker
Fav. Online Player : Bluerain
Fav. Pro : Sal Marquez
jappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via MSN to jappie007

well per your own post it would seem that different things are best for different individuals.

def. a lot to say for quality over quantity, but for me personally in a game of chance I put quantity before quality.
William Hill ID: JappieBuz

Old 02-18-2015, 11:33 PM
Surfers Event Winner x2
Silver Supernova Staker - Verified

Staker Points: 2163.77
TPS: 144.03
Plays at : No where, thrown out
Game of choice : nl holdem
Fav. Online Player : Testical McGee
Fav. Pro : Big Poppa
Willtakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via Yahoo to Willtakem Send a message via Skype™ to Willtakem

everyone is different so what is more beneficial is different...focusing on focusing is a waste of focus..

Old 02-18-2015, 11:52 PM
Surfers Event Winner x8
Silver Supernova Staker
Elite Supernova Horse XII

WSOSP Winner
Sharkfin Winner x4
Survivor Champion

Staker Points: 14931.81
TPS: 78160.49
Frogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

If you're playing highstakes then you can afford to just focus on a few tables

If you're not good enough or bankrolled to play highstakes then you need to play more tables

Making $5/mtt isn't bad at $20 abi . So you need to play quite a lot at a time to make decent money per hour

Old 02-20-2015, 06:02 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Horse - Verified
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Staker Points: 3732.6
TPS: 1641.68
Plays at : stars
Game of choice : NLHE
Fav. Online Player : KevinThorn
Fav. Pro : PB-SP-SC
kevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via MSN to kevinthorn

Yeh answers pretty boring, rly does depend. Highstakes should deffo focus on focus, the avg opponent is a ton harder and field sizes are fairly small. But at lower stakes you're better off giving up some focus just to get in the volume with an autopilot early game to fight thru variance.

Also anyone that meditates before a sesh sounds like a massive dick! No offense

Old 02-21-2015, 06:50 PM
Surfers Event Winner x8
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner
Sharkfin Winner x4
Survivor Champion

Frogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinthorn View Post
Yeh answers pretty boring, rly does depend. Highstakes should deffo focus on focus, the avg opponent is a ton harder and field sizes are fairly small. But at lower stakes you're better off giving up some focus just to get in the volume with an autopilot early game to fight thru variance.

Also anyone that meditates before a sesh sounds like a massive dick! No offense
Not making a run at the yearly TLB this year ?

Old 02-22-2015, 05:01 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Horse - Verified
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Staker Points: 3732.6
TPS: 1641.68
Plays at : stars
Game of choice : NLHE
Fav. Online Player : KevinThorn
Fav. Pro : PB-SP-SC
kevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via MSN to kevinthorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman3 View Post
Not making a run at the yearly TLB this year ?
ofc, figured out the only reason i kept getting distracted, not meeting my goals, switching games and not winning millions is that the blogs forum is curse so im sparing err denying you my day by day musings. Over/under number of days until i switch to cash then leave for 5 months

Old 02-22-2015, 07:05 PM
Surfers Event Winner x8
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner
Sharkfin Winner x4
Survivor Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinthorn View Post
ofc, figured out the only reason i kept getting distracted, not meeting my goals, switching games and not winning millions is that the blogs forum is curse so im sparing err denying you my day by day musings. Over/under number of days until i switch to cash then leave for 5 months
One year you will win tlb .. and NightTrain will complete the sne chase

Old 02-26-2015, 01:15 AM
Surfers Event Winner
Silver Supernova Staker
Elite Supernova Horse - Verified
Sharkfin Winner

Staker Points: 4974.33
TPS: 10415.99
Plays at : Stars, FTP, 888, Ipo
Game of choice : Omaha H/L, NLHE
Fav. Pro : Negreanu
no1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Poker

Pretty much what's been said. The goal is obviously to make the most money, for most low/ mid stakes online players, the play is bad enough that playing 12ish tables will be fine and ROIs won't decrease so much that hourly is worsened by playing a lot of tables.

When playing a much higher ABI, hourly will obviously be higher, but concentration levels will also need to be since fields are so much tougher.

Slight hijack but how is everyone, not been on here for ages? I've seen KT and bear about a bit, even jappie was playing mtts the other day

Old 02-26-2015, 12:04 PM
Surfers Event Winner x48
Elite Supernova Staker VII
Elite Supernova Horse III

WSOSP Winner x11
Sharkfin Winner x3
SNG Champion x2
After Dark Winner x4
Survivor Champion

DrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

It is obvious to me that everyone is on the same line.

The level of focus is less needed on the lower stakes, but to avoid stating the obvious. There is a point where you start to get deep for those small/midstakes and your hourly could increase.

Is there a smart way to balance out the number of tables at a certain stage of a session?
For me i'm starting to make (more) mistakes if i have more then 8 tables going at the same time. While where i can handle 4 tables at the same time ideally. 6 tables isn't obvious a problem as well, but sometimes my focus shifts from table to table.

And Hi to everyone, who hasn't been around for a bit!

Old 02-26-2015, 03:59 PM
Surfers Event Winner x2
Silver Supernova Staker - Verified

Staker Points: 2163.77
TPS: 144.03
Plays at : No where, thrown out
Game of choice : nl holdem
Fav. Online Player : Testical McGee
Fav. Pro : Big Poppa
Willtakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via Yahoo to Willtakem Send a message via Skype™ to Willtakem

lets ask this then, at what point do you shift your focus..? you play abc poker until you get deepish.. when do you shift focus..? final 3 tables..? or sooner or later than that or is it like everything else in that everyones focal point is different..?

Old 02-26-2015, 05:18 PM
Surfers Event Winner x8
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner
Sharkfin Winner x4
Survivor Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJustice View Post
It is obvious to me that everyone is on the same line.

The level of focus is less needed on the lower stakes, but to avoid stating the obvious. There is a point where you start to get deep for those small/midstakes and your hourly could increase.

Is there a smart way to balance out the number of tables at a certain stage of a session?
For me i'm starting to make (more) mistakes if i have more then 8 tables going at the same time. While where i can handle 4 tables at the same time ideally. 6 tables isn't obvious a problem as well, but sometimes my focus shifts from table to table.

And Hi to everyone, who hasn't been around for a bit!
Lol yeh but you have the worst tourney selection ever for focus

I see you playing a hu tourney , an O8 tourney , a 4max , a 6max and a 5card draw tourney all at the same time . Ofc you cant play lots of tables well like that

Playing 12+ x 9max nlhe isnt hard at all esp when they're in early stages .

Old 02-26-2015, 05:33 PM
Surfers Event Winner x8
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner
Sharkfin Winner x4
Survivor Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willtakem View Post
lets ask this then, at what point do you shift your focus..? you play abc poker until you get deepish.. when do you shift focus..? final 3 tables..? or sooner or later than that or is it like everything else in that everyones focal point is different..?
In sngs you may be able to say last 2 tables or w/e but in mtts you just find yourself more focussed on a table either because you have a big stack or a deep run or some sort of dynamice developing v opponents

Old 03-01-2015, 12:08 PM
Surfers Event Winner x48
Elite Supernova Staker VII
Elite Supernova Horse III

WSOSP Winner x11
Sharkfin Winner x3
SNG Champion x2
After Dark Winner x4
Survivor Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willtakem View Post
At certain point, you have a feel for the table, this is when you can shift gears, but you need to be able to put focus on a table. So like Frogman said, when you have a big stack or getting deepish in a tournament. Doesn't have to be perse final 3 tables, it could be at final 200 or even earlier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman3 View Post
Lol yeh but you have the worst tourney selection ever for focus

I see you playing a hu tourney , an O8 tourney , a 4max , a 6max and a 5card draw tourney all at the same time . Ofc you cant play lots of tables well like that

Playing 12+ x 9max nlhe isnt hard at all esp when they're in early stages .
This probably has to do with me being more a recreational player where i want to put in quality over quantity. I enjoy playing non-holdem games and heads-up. I like 4 max, as well, but indeed i find it a lot harder to combine them when i'm playing more then 6 tables. HU is easier to combine in a 6+ table session.

Poker Forum | Poker Staking

Poker Site Reviews
Titan Poker Pokerstars William Hill Bodog Carbon Poker Ladbrokes Party PokerCake Poker