Surfers Poker, Poker Forum

Go Back   Surfers Poker - Poker Forum > Poker Blogs and Poker Entertainment > Poker Blogs
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Horse - Verified
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Staker Points: 3732.6
TPS: 1641.68
Plays at : stars
Game of choice : NLHE
Fav. Online Player : KevinThorn
Fav. Pro : PB-SP-SC
kevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via MSN to kevinthorn

jvklxzjfkljdfklj so close to clearing that stars bonus think im like 40vpps away but needed to take alil break was starting to auto pilot. The stars sesh went well tho finished +$249 after 90minutes of play so its all good in the hood. Also cleared my first $50 stellar bonus which is cool..gonna be the last one i clear for a while tho :/ gonna make me some food, finish clearing that bonus and then get a fulltilt sesh going.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

kevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

lol fulltilts the gayest site evs, dropped $300 last night and am down 2buyins today just running redic bad but its ok part of the game - withdrew a good% of my stars roll so that will be on FT within the week ready to start 200nl

Old 02-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Didn't quite clear my ironman points yesterday went to see this girl instead planned to do it if/when i got back but then an old friend called up and we hung out all last night and this afternoon.
Determined to grind when i got back fired up a fulltilt session and just finished the longest cash session so far at as whopping 238minutes was going sososo well was up $1100 at a point then i got overset 260+bbs deep like 2 hands from the end of the session (had already sat out on 4 tbales) lol was so close to folding aswell idk maybe i could here's the hand. I think it's really close cus he is a competent aggro reg and it's hard for him to like ever have worse idk

Full Tilt Poker Game #18210869988: Table Rome (6 max) - $0.50/$1 - No Limit Hold'em - 17:37:01 ET - 2010/02/05
Seat 1: GLEW-XXX ($87.30)
Seat 2: kinky166 ($77.10)
Seat 3: ship heart ($269.20)
Seat 4: lubemarc ($41.55)
Seat 5: schnuedel ($105.45)
Seat 6: KevinThorn1 ($352.40)
kinky166 posts the small blind of $0.50
ship heart posts the big blind of $1
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to KevinThorn1 [7h 7s]
lubemarc folds
schnuedel folds
KevinThorn1 raises to $3
GLEW-XXX calls $3
kinky166 calls $2.50
ship heart raises to $16.50
KevinThorn1 has 15 seconds left to act
KevinThorn1 calls $13.50
GLEW-XXX has 15 seconds left to act
GLEW-XXX folds
kinky166 folds
*** FLOP *** [7c Qh Kh]
ship heart has 15 seconds left to act
ship heart bets $28
KevinThorn1 calls $28
*** TURN *** [7c Qh Kh] [8c]
ship heart has 15 seconds left to act
ship heart bets $68
KevinThorn1 calls $68
*** RIVER *** [7c Qh Kh 8c] [Js]
ship heart bets $156.70, and is all in
KevinThorn1: xD i hated my life from the turn not gonna lie
KevinThorn1 has requested TIME
KevinThorn1: wish i was god enough
KevinThorn1 calls $156.70
*** SHOW DOWN ***
ship heart shows [Kd Ks] three of a kind, Kings
KevinThorn1 mucks
ship heart wins the pot ($541.40) with three of a kind, Kings
KevinThorn1 adds $16.80
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $544.40 | Rake $3
Board: [7c Qh Kh 8c Js]
Seat 1: GLEW-XXX (button) folded before the Flop
Seat 2: kinky166 (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 3: ship heart (big blind) showed [Kd Ks] and won ($541.40) with three of a kind, Kings
Seat 4: lubemarc didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: schnuedel didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: KevinThorn1 mucked [7h 7s] - three of a kind, Sevens

Even despite that sighness finished the session +$750 a little bittersweet but awesome nonetheless cleared my ironman points 3times over, just gonna get food and fir her up again for an other session here's overall graph and session graph (will be up in a min or so)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg graphb.jpg (94.2 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg srslysi.jpg (91.9 KB, 130 views)

Last edited by kevinthorn : 02-05-2010 at 10:50 PM.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:53 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Just got done with the followup session and lol holy shit did it start out horrifically i mean like wtf you cant even begin to imagine but enough about that whine shit from the graph i'll post you can get an idea of how it went. Was down $380 in not to many hands :/ but stayed grinding and focussed and after a 150minute session managed to actually grind it into a profit albeit to the amount of $92 thats pretty frickin sweet considering how it started. Also today i've been super proud of my volume hopefully this shit can continue played 392minutes today and logged 3865 hands for a total profit of $843 not inc rb etc

I guess its somewhat easier to play longer sessions when you're winning but this second session helped me realise that i can still grind it out when times are tough which is key, Waiting on the $$ i took out of stars to appear in my bank acct so i can begin shot taking 200nl, gonna start with 3tables 200nl and 3tables 100nl i think. Off to bed now but tomorrow lets grind that shit out yo

Here's my sesh graph :/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg graphs.jpg (84.0 KB, 116 views)

Last edited by kevinthorn : 02-06-2010 at 03:56 AM.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Money came through from stars today which is cool, decided to shottake for the first proper time @ 200nl - 6tables obv and it was a gross sigh sesh AA<KK for a buyin and 86<AK 66<AQ etc just ran redic bad which is never nice when you shottake lol but not too discouraged will take a small break and return ready to kick some a$$. (finished donw $477)

Old 02-06-2010, 07:06 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Wow gfy wtf are people doing met some of the worse flipflipflipfliping regs/fish idk ever but i cant hold.catch anything sickest sesh ev down $1k on the day which is cool. Gonna break for a bit before i murder someone then try again but like flipflipflipflip me people are awful sigh

Old 02-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

JJ<AQ bb vs sb KK<A7 cus apparently regs call 4bets w/ a7 here down $1400 for today sofar figured id post an update now incase i dont bother later

Old 02-06-2010, 10:48 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Last update for the day ground it out made back like $700 then JQ<99 all in on J8x he runnered str8 then AA<KT and K9 then some other bs idk who cares anyway long story short poker and all of you can die k thx down prob 2k for day

Old 02-08-2010, 12:54 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Was out all day with this girl long story w/e anyway played one sesh when i got back - just finished 200nl again 225minutes - horrid sesh from start to finish but maintained about+$200 for the majority of the session despite tons of coolers,badbeats, missing every flop setups blah blah then got assraped harder than i had been towards the end and finished down $500 just dont wanna play poker atm but gotta remain pro about this (lso sigh @ $2000 under EV).
Think i will drop back to 100nl for now to build up confidence

Old 02-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

back @ 100nl and its jsut not fun for me atm will be chugging along up 2-3buyins then JJ<AK bvb A on riv aipf, set over set flush over flush retards sucking out and then bam 3 hours of grinding to lose $300 idk jsut not motvated to play atm tho i still am also lol sigh lose all fo these too

Full Tilt Poker Game #18345975900: Table Deeford (6 max) - $0.50/$1 - No Limit Hold'em - 12:27:07 ET - 2010/02/10
Seat 1: KevinThorn1 ($100)
Seat 2: Pomminvarma1 ($103.15)
Seat 3: ssnva1 ($47.05)
Seat 4: BENT LINE ($209.05)
Seat 5: tabgrif ($70.35)
Seat 6: buzzz20 ($100)
KevinThorn1 posts the small blind of $0.50
Pomminvarma1 posts the big blind of $1
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to KevinThorn1 [Js Ts]
ssnva1 folds
BENT LINE folds
tabgrif folds
buzzz20 raises to $3.50
KevinThorn1 raises to $11
Pomminvarma1 folds
buzzz20 calls $7.50
*** FLOP *** [Tc Qc 3d]
KevinThorn1 bets $15
buzzz20 calls $15
*** TURN *** [Tc Qc 3d] [7d]
KevinThorn1 checks
buzzz20 bets $33
KevinThorn1 raises to $74, and is all in
buzzz20 calls $41, and is all in
KevinThorn1 shows [Js Ts]
buzzz20 shows [Jd Ad]
*** RIVER *** [Tc Qc 3d 7d] [4d]
KevinThorn1 shows a pair of Tens
buzzz20 shows a flush, Ace high
buzzz20 wins the pot ($198) with a flush, Ace high
KevinThorn1 adds $100
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $201 | Rake $3
Board: [Tc Qc 3d 7d 4d]
Seat 1: KevinThorn1 (small blind) showed [Js Ts] and lost with a pair of Tens
Seat 2: Pomminvarma1 (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 3: ssnva1 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: BENT LINE didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: tabgrif didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: buzzz20 (button) showed [Jd Ad] and won ($198) with a flush, Ace high

Old 02-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Been lazy with this obv, just been downswinging so bad that it's hard to motivate myself to type up paragraphs about it without it sounding like whining which i dont like.
Yesterday was good in a couple of ways, firstly if some of you remember me talking about a girl before the one that left etc. saw her again yesterday in the most random meet up ever and we ended up catching up (in more ways than one) but im proceeding with caution as is she cus iunno just the way things are etc. still cheered me up a bit.

When i got back played a long 3 hour session on ft and despite running sosososo cold like you have no idea lol ended up +$300 lol idk how srsly but yay slow and steady fightback begins. Today just finished my first sesh was a 2 hour one - QQ<AA early and then KK<AQ but grinded it out and was up $150 for the majority of the sesh got owned towards the end in 3b pots where people just had the top of their range and finished the session +$3 but a win is a win and thats w/o rb and bonusses. Gonna do weights and then get back on it...anything else... oh yeh cus i bought something online from i think greece or somewhere baastards cancelled my cc cus they thought along with the ft depo a while ago that i had been robbed by world travelling fraudsters so gotta sort that out..sigh. Oh and got my biggest ev rb payment today (tho it was from my 200nl shott ake runbad fail) but thats $272 banked

Old 02-12-2010, 10:33 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Just finished a small stars sesh was pretty gross bad sigh, ran a bluff vs a reg who apparently lsot his fold btn in the cold war but np. Was only playing to get up to 2.5kfpp (started on 2.3k) so i could buy that insta $40 credit thing which i just did tho ironically it cost me like $70 in losses :P anyway deciding whether to play a tilt sesh or give up for the day. Oh been a while so graph pic 2.5k under ev ftw.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg graphs.jpg (97.4 KB, 60 views)

Last edited by kevinthorn : 02-12-2010 at 10:35 PM.

Old 02-13-2010, 02:52 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

sigh just closing up a session from hell - missed erry flop overset twice, lost every race, coolered tons ending down like $430 gfy poker might play aother sesh in a lil bit cus im not tired but need to stop for a sec cus its getting redic :/
last hand of sesh KK held vs 78o on 7435 he called me pre, called flop and shoved turn and i held :-O he had some weird stack amnt tho so still down $360 at closing.

Last edited by kevinthorn : 02-13-2010 at 02:54 AM.

Old 02-14-2010, 12:37 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

lol real life is getting better and better everyday while poekr gets worse it's rather sigh, cleared my ironman points and got in a 2 hour session QQ<AJ aipf for stacks made some hero calls in good spots and didnt hold, had KQdd<AJdd on 4678hddd for a 300bb pot which was like weeeeeeee finished down $80 but shoulda been up like $65000 -_- w/e tomorrows another day.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:51 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Ok quick life update then quick poker update first off life, as you all know it was valentines on sunday and as the girl i told you about a while ago who left for poland is back i decided to go hang out w/ her (she did invite me fwiw).
Was really nice and we had a good time but she invited me out w/ her friends after and tbh i hate her friends -_- not like boiling rivalry just not fun + they speak in polish all the time which anyone whos experienced it will tell you is flipflipflipfliping annoying, so while it was ncie to see her and tap that so to speak was kinda gutting we didnt get to spend more than a couple of hours together.

Now this meant that i got to play poker when i got back so it's not all bad i guess after checking my ironman page saw i have to make 200points every day but one in this midget month O_o but lol that should be ok. Had a pretty great sesh tho it was mixed with sourness... was 193minutes long total was up $950 at a point but as i was getting ready to close got overset for like 130bbs and flush over flush in a spot where i managed not ot get fully stacked but sitll lost a bit :/ and some other sighness AQ<KQ on A2KKQ etc etc still finished + $668 but coulda been a bit more ya know? Gonna shottake $200nl again soon - tho this time gonna have 3 tbales 200nl and 3 tables 100nl and see how that works

Old 02-16-2010, 01:07 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

jdklfhdfk hem is fcked up atm wont work tried all suggestions on site and sitll wont work diaf so havent got hands in yet, will maybe get some rush or some shit in later, might play donkamnets til it gets fixed.

Old 02-16-2010, 04:19 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Cleared ironman points playing rush - finished a buyin down cus i ran a bluff and was like well he needs 55 to call and was vhappy with myself til he snapped 55 -_- gonan fire up some donkamnets (low limit for the most part) and see how that goes. But somethings seriously wrong with my pc it keeps freezing, i gotta reboot it liek 3 times, run system repair wait for it to tell me it cant fix prob then restart again and it works but like yeh its fcked idk.

Old 02-16-2010, 09:13 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Wow lol mtt sesh was redic never been badbeated so much in my life i dont think got 2 outered 8 times out of 6 mtts and crippled in 2 lost a ton of other sick stuff, coolered out my ass. Only mtt i cashed was a $75 KO on ftp got 21st for like $117 after i was card dead for like 2 hours just die, remember why i hate mtts night people

Old 02-16-2010, 06:35 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Cost me 4years off my life but np got hem working again and to celebrate gonna be grinding cash all day, more than ever want minimum 4khands today tho thats redic ambitious at 6tables lol. Updates to follow later.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:37 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

1k hands down 3k (minimum) to go :P took me jsut under 2 hours for that 1k been a decent sesh so far too +$500ish not inc rb

Old 02-16-2010, 09:24 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Sick sesh just hit halfway point towards my minimum hands goal 2k now just under 4hours in, doing really well playing great, running ok and games are reallly soft and im table selecting actively.. Had a 92/40 300bbs deep at one point :-O but shockingly he busted all that -_- followed him to another table tho. Currently up $1300

edit gonna sitout for 10mins regroup pee and eat cus most of the big fish are gone and i rly have to pee :P but jsut stackwed a reg in a flip where i backraise shoved 77 vs his squeeze and he called w/ ajs so +$1400 at close

Last edited by kevinthorn : 02-16-2010 at 09:33 PM.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:18 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

2nd sesh isnt goin so well early :P lost a flip in a great spot with some sigh fish but np and then got hero'd when i overbet shoved vs some random bad reg down ~$175 so far

Old 02-16-2010, 11:57 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Just hit 3k hands, was down $250ish for this sesh but now +$380 got one $200nl table running now aswell + $1800 for the day sofar

Old 02-17-2010, 01:22 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

BOOM just hit 4k hands took 420 minutes but im there, still not tired so gonna continue but rly nice to hit the goal i set myself also been a great session up like $2200 atm

edit also gonna break for food cus im hungry and the fish @ my tables arent worth staying for tbh

Last edited by kevinthorn : 02-17-2010 at 01:31 AM.

Old 02-17-2010, 02:59 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

And we're back, next goal make min 2k of those ironman points and ship at least 20 bonus medals for it :P playing 5 tables of 100nl and 2 of 200nl atm.

Old 02-17-2010, 04:07 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

GRrr crashed liek twice shits unstable and its rly annoying but np settled down for the minute so on with the grind up to 4.5k hands now and +$2650 minus rb also made 2k pointts...3k one time?

Old 02-17-2010, 04:44 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Still going strong, not tired or fedup at all (easier when ur winnign obv :P) just hit 5k hands up to +$2950 switched out a 200nl table that got full of regs for a 100nl one so only one 200nl running atm. Not gonna make 3k points cus im running out of time almsot the next day in ftp time lol but still plan to grind for a long while.

Old 02-17-2010, 05:27 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

K altho im still playing its a new day so might as well summarise whats now yesterday :P sick assed day played a total of 550 minites finishing with a profit of $2862 before rb Got a few images to follow, overall graph, sesh graph and something else got another free day so lets try and do something similar in terms of volume tho im sure winrate wont be matchable :P
The third screenie is from ptr, was the biggest winner @ 100nl for the day :P
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fullgf.jpg (68.3 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg seshgf.jpg (73.7 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg ptr.jpg (86.7 KB, 43 views)

Old 02-17-2010, 04:17 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Felt like i was a bit tired and was stating to autopilot a bit so i went to bed :P back now and refreshed gotta go buy some grind supplies (food etc) but then will be back on it Also earnt like $110 of rb yesterday so throw that into the BR come friday

Old 02-17-2010, 07:41 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Ok underway, bout 500 hands in atm not a great start but it's early days yet lets gogogo

Poker Forum | Poker Staking

Poker Site Reviews
Titan Poker Pokerstars William Hill Bodog Carbon Poker Ladbrokes Party PokerCake Poker