Surfers Poker, Poker Forum

Go Back   Surfers Poker - Poker Forum > Poker Blogs and Poker Entertainment > Poker Blogs
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2010, 03:57 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

Staker Points: 5593.02
TPS: 0
Plays at : PokerStars
Game of choice : Omaha Hi
PhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living Legend
Send a message via AIM to PhenixRising Send a message via Yahoo to PhenixRising
Default An educated fool in a crowded elevator

I had a blog awhile back but I failed to update it properly. My original intent was to chronicle my grind from 0 to 10,000 in a year. I failed on both accounts.

In my first year on Pokerstars I made around 5k which is an achievement in itself. I ran into a horrible downswing playing a few of my worst games (20/20) for a few months. I dropped a lot of money playing 6 max PLO and LHE. I eventually recovered from my cash losses but I continue to be a losing cash player. PLO 6max and LHE account for the vast majority of my losses over the year. I was in the black for a few weeks until I hit a recent downswing in my transition to 6 max NLHE. The NLHE downswing was compounded by my losses in PLO full ring. PLO full ring is by far my strongest game but that does not go beyond 100 PLO on a regular basis.

SnGs were a constant in my first year. I have yet to really beat the 12 180s and 12 45s. 45s seemed easy at first. I averaged $2 a game for the first few hundred but hit a massive downswing that lasted about 55 games. Luckily I ran good in the 7.70 180s and 6.50 45s or I could have busted. I still plan on grinding 45s this year. I want to be able to 15 table 45s and 180s this year while taking breaks from cash or mtts.

Surfers Poker - Featured Sites
Old 01-22-2010, 07:39 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

PhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living Legend

I've yet to buy HEM so I can not post any graphs but needless to say my foray into 6 max has been super swingy. I'm up a few buy ins over 2,000-3,000 hands. Overall I'm still down 37.50 over 7,268 hands.

I would be up 2.5 buy ins today but I stacked off with JJ on a Q high board. The villain 3 bet 8% and 4bet in EP as well. I am a donk at times. I should have realized that his 4bet from EP was ridiculously low. He'd have QQ+ in that spot. I timebanked pre and on the flop and managed to talk myself into a hero(really donk) shove. I don't know. I still lack discipline once I pass 1500 hands.

After that hand I went on tilt for about 2-3 minutes which cost me around 25-30 dollars in loose 3bets and 1 4bet that almost worked out. I should have raised the turn when the flush came out then value bet the river. As played, I bet ~55% of the pot on the river. I knew he was a passive player but I did not expect him to time bank w/ QQ on a 9 high board.

At the end I picked up AA and a short stacked pushed a dry flop w/ ATo. I love short stacks.

Old 01-26-2010, 09:14 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

Default 1st hand of my session

Down another buy in......

Pokerstars Game #38770748686: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50 USD) - 2010/01/26 16:10:24 ET
Table 'Chacornac II' 6-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: brudman ($55.70 in chips)
Seat 2: SouthernOcea ($69.80 in chips)
Seat 3: w4rewolf ($102.40 in chips)
Seat 4: AdiCox222 ($78.15 in chips)
Seat 5: Maverick1086 ($47.80 in chips)
Seat 6: PhenixRising ($49.50 in chips)
PhenixRising: posts small blind $0.25
brudman: posts big blind $0.50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to PhenixRising [Ad As]
SouthernOcea: folds
w4rewolf: folds
AdiCox222: calls $0.50
Maverick1086: raises $1.50 to $2
PhenixRising: raises $4.25 to $6.25
brudman: folds
AdiCox222: calls $5.75
Maverick1086: calls $4.25
*** FLOP *** [5c Qs 4s]
PhenixRising: checks
AdiCox222: bets $9
Maverick1086: raises $14 to $23
PhenixRising: raises $20.25 to $43.25 and is all-in
AdiCox222: folds
Maverick1086: calls $18.55 and is all-in
Uncalled bet ($1.70) returned to PhenixRising
*** TURN *** [5c Qs 4s] [3c]
*** RIVER *** [5c Qs 4s 3c] [Kc]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
PhenixRising: shows [Ad As] (a pair of Aces)
Maverick1086: shows [Kh Ks] (three of a kind, Kings)
Maverick1086 collected $108.35 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $111.35 | Rake $3
Board [5c Qs 4s 3c Kc]
Seat 1: brudman (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 2: SouthernOcea folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: w4rewolf folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: AdiCox222 folded on the Flop
Seat 5: Maverick1086 (button) showed [Kh Ks] and won ($108.35) with three of a kind, Kings
Seat 6: PhenixRising (small blind) showed [Ad As] and lost with a pair of Aces

I'm actually getting close to losing money on AA. I'm up one whopping buy in with AA. Just effing sick.

Old 01-27-2010, 12:16 AM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

Default tilting

Today is the first day I really had to deal with multiple periods of tilting. I've ran so effing horribly. I'm fairly certain I'm running 200-300 below EV in the last 1500 hands.

AA < KK
QQ < AQ
AA < A4
AK < JJ (calling an over shove on the river like a donk when I told myself I'd fold if he bet)

I've missed nearly every draw over the last few session. I've lost w/ an OESFD.

At least one monkey stacked off on a semi bluff w/ 42 off on an K74 board.

Yesterday was as bad but different. I didn't feel any pressure to win a hand since I had just had an upswing. Its painful to endure bad beat after bad beat in cash games especially when the run is over a few thousand hands.

I guess this was meant to add insult to injury..... I hit a instead of f... those are my hotkeys for all in or fold. I'm done.

Last edited by PhenixRising : 01-27-2010 at 12:23 AM.

Old 01-27-2010, 12:57 AM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenixRising View Post
Today is the first day I really had to deal with multiple periods of tilting. I've ran so effing horribly. I'm fairly certain I'm running 200-300 below EV in the last 1500 hands.

AA < KK
QQ < AQ
AA < A4
AK < JJ (calling an over shove on the river like a donk when I told myself I'd fold if he bet)

I've missed nearly every draw over the last few session. I've lost w/ an OESFD.

At least one monkey stacked off on a semi bluff w/ 42 off on an K74 board.

Yesterday was as bad but different. I didn't feel any pressure to win a hand since I had just had an upswing. Its painful to endure bad beat after bad beat in cash games especially when the run is over a few thousand hands.

I guess this was meant to add insult to injury..... I hit a instead of f... those are my hotkeys for all in or fold. I'm done.
Blah

I forgot to add that I was down 152.45 for that session. My last two calls accounted for 100 of that which is mind blowing considering that both were horrible calls and slightly based on me tilting and refusing to believe I could actually run that bad...... Well I run that bad.... I'm a tard.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:23 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

Another horrible session. My highlights...

Pokerstars Game #38862597554: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50 USD) - 2010/01/28 13:14:08 ET
Table 'Demeter II' 6-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: StonyCabin ($56.50 in chips)
Seat 2: JeroenItty ($51.55 in chips)
Seat 3: PhenixRising ($56.85 in chips)
Seat 4: <Evens-mag> ($50.25 in chips)
Seat 5: fláv ($69.40 in chips)
<Evens-mag>: posts small blind $0.25
fláv: posts big blind $0.50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to PhenixRising [Kh Kc]
StonyCabin: folds
JeroenItty: folds
PhenixRising: raises $1.50 to $2
<Evens-mag>: folds
fláv: raises $4.50 to $6.50
PhenixRising: raises $7.75 to $14.25
fláv: raises $55.15 to $69.40 and is all-in
PhenixRising: calls $42.60 and is all-in
Uncalled bet ($12.55) returned to fláv
clon82 joins the table at seat #6
*** FLOP *** [7s 7c Jc]
*** TURN *** [7s 7c Jc] [2h]
*** RIVER *** [7s 7c Jc 2h] [Qd]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
fláv: shows [Qh Qs] (a full house, Queens full of Sevens)
PhenixRising: shows [Kh Kc] (two pair, Kings and Sevens)
fláv collected $111.95 from pot
clon82 said, "lol"
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $113.95 | Rake $2
Board [7s 7c Jc 2h Qd]
Seat 1: StonyCabin folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: JeroenItty folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: PhenixRising (button) showed [Kh Kc] and lost with two pair, Kings and Sevens
Seat 4: <Evens-mag> (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 5: fláv (big blind) showed [Qh Qs] and won ($111.95) with a full house, Queens full of Sevens

Pokerstars Game #38862217146: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50 USD) - 2010/01/28 13:06:10 ET
Table 'Caph VI' 6-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: PhenixRising ($50 in chips)
Seat 2: Elanoz ($33.30 in chips)
Seat 3: fláv ($55.90 in chips)
Seat 4: 2g00t4ubarn ($50 in chips)
Seat 5: Spallina ($98.45 in chips)
Seat 6: michaltoja ($61.95 in chips)
Spallina: posts small blind $0.25
michaltoja: posts big blind $0.50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to PhenixRising [Qh Qc]
Elanoz: folds
fláv: folds
2g00t4ubarn: folds
Spallina: folds
michaltoja: raises $4.50 to $6.50
PhenixRising: raises $8.25 to $14.75
michaltoja: raises $47.20 to $61.95 and is all-in
PhenixRising: calls $35.25 and is all-in
Uncalled bet ($11.95) returned to michaltoja
Spallina said, "kings/aces"
*** FLOP *** [8h 8c Kh]
*** TURN *** [8h 8c Kh] [4c]
Spallina said, "kings queens again"
*** RIVER *** [8h 8c Kh 4c] [5h]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
michaltoja: shows [Kc Ks] (a full house, Kings full of Eights)
PhenixRising: shows [Qh Qc] (two pair, Queens and Eights)
michaltoja collected $97.25 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $100.25 | Rake $3
Board [8h 8c Kh 4c 5h]
Seat 1: PhenixRising showed [Qh Qc] and lost with two pair, Queens and Eights
Seat 2: Elanoz folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: fláv folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: 2g00t4ubarn (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: Spallina (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 6: michaltoja (big blind) showed [Kc Ks] and won ($97.25) with a full house, Kings full of Eights

And this was a stupid bluff.... Today was death by a million cuts until I ran horrible aipf spots.

Pokerstars Game #38862261035: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50 USD) - 2010/01/28 13:07:05 ET
Table 'Lynx II' 6-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: Pachin0 ($41.85 in chips)
Seat 2: generaatorM ($93.20 in chips)
Seat 3: PhenixRising ($60.25 in chips)
Seat 4: 2g00t4ubarn ($104.65 in chips)
Seat 5: Satvaldiev ($74.05 in chips)
Seat 6: Mändângä ($26.60 in chips)
2g00t4ubarn: posts big blind $0.50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to PhenixRising [4s 5s]
Satvaldiev: raises $1 to $1.50
Mändângä: folds
Pachin0: calls $1.50
generaatorM: folds
PhenixRising: calls $1.25
2g00t4ubarn: folds
*** FLOP *** [3h Qs 6c]
Satvaldiev: checks
Pachin0: bets $2.50
PhenixRising: raises $4.25 to $6.75
Satvaldiev: folds
Pachin0: calls $4.25
*** TURN *** [3h Qs 6c] [9d]
Pachin0: checks
*** RIVER *** [3h Qs 6c 9d] [5d]
PhenixRising: bets $9
Pachin0: calls $9
*** SHOW DOWN ***
PhenixRising: shows [4s 5s] (a pair of Fives)
Pachin0: shows [Kd Qd] (a pair of Queens)
Pachin0 collected $34.75 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $36.50 | Rake $1.75
Board [3h Qs 6c 9d 5d]
Seat 1: Pachin0 showed [Kd Qd] and won ($34.75) with a pair of Queens
Seat 2: generaatorM (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: PhenixRising (small blind) showed [4s 5s] and lost with a pair of Fives
Seat 4: 2g00t4ubarn (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 5: Satvaldiev folded on the Flop
Seat 6: Mändângä folded before Flop (didn't bet)

So, if things do not turn around soon I'm probably going to pull my money off and call it quits.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:41 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

blah, I meant to put in the PT3 EV calc for the last 1300 hands. I'm down 10 buy ins.

The 2nd graph is of only AA, KK, QQ and AKs. Today I was just butchered by all in pres. I wrote about them already. IDK... I went to 6 max to make Platinum this month but thats clearly a mistake. If I continue I'm just going to drop down to 4-5 tables instead of 7-8 tables.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NLHE.jpg (24.1 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg AA.jpg (22.5 KB, 142 views)

Old 01-29-2010, 07:47 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

Default No more cash

So, I'm done w/ NLHE cash for awhile and probably forever (again). I don't know whats going on with me but I'm running awful and I def can not deal with it while playing cash.

I make a call on what looks like a broken draw and he has a set.

I'm actually losing money w/ AA over my last 3500 hands and breaking even with KK.

I made a call w/ AK on a very wet flop (KsJsXx) and mistakenly hit f (hotkey for fold) to a bet on a blank turn. That mistake cost me half a buy in. That was my mistake. I forgot I turned off one aspect of the program which prevents me from accidentally hitting a hot key.

I'm consistently getting 3bet and 4bet by people who have 3-4% 3bets and only 4bet w/ AKs, AA, and KK. I've set mined them when we were at 150-200 bbs but missed each time. Those added up pretty fast.

And honestly I'm I think I'm still on tilt from the 77 < 88 hand when the Ad came on the river to give the donk a one card flush.

So, no platinum for me which means another month on Stars but I'm only playing until I have 28,000 fpps. I promised my gf a PS3 since the one she owned broke down recently. Once I purchase that I may just quit poker for awhile.

I honestly figured the worst case scenario would be me down 200-300 not 550.

Old 01-29-2010, 11:54 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

So, I decided to play 1 session of 45s while waiting for my gf to get home from work. I made my typical itm of 15-20%. I only played 7 and I made the FT in 3 but only in the money of 2. I of course bust w/ this BS hand...

Pokerstars Game #38930718604: Tournament #237476830, $11+$1 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level X (400/800) - 2010/01/29 18:49:57 ET
Table '237476830 5' 9-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: AlexandrSSS (10380 in chips)
Seat 2: AppelMoesje (12600 in chips)
Seat 3: acemolester (4285 in chips)
Seat 4: PhenixRising (9550 in chips)
Seat 5: petrosf.c.87 (11610 in chips)
Seat 6: Pilione (7525 in chips)
Seat 8: egon50 (11550 in chips)
AlexandrSSS: posts the ante 50
AppelMoesje: posts the ante 50
acemolester: posts the ante 50
PhenixRising: posts the ante 50
petrosf.c.87: posts the ante 50
Pilione: posts the ante 50
egon50: posts the ante 50
Pilione: posts small blind 400
egon50: posts big blind 800
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to PhenixRising [Kh Kd]
AlexandrSSS: raises 800 to 1600
AppelMoesje: folds
acemolester: folds
PhenixRising: raises 7900 to 9500 and is all-in
petrosf.c.87: folds
Pilione: folds
egon50: folds
AlexandrSSS: calls 7900
*** FLOP *** [As 9h 9s]
*** TURN *** [As 9h 9s] [Ac]
*** RIVER *** [As 9h 9s Ac] [Kc]
PhenixRising said, "lol"
*** SHOW DOWN ***
AlexandrSSS: shows [Ad 8d] (a full house, Aces full of Nines)
PhenixRising: shows [Kh Kd] (a full house, Kings full of Aces)
AlexandrSSS collected 20550 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 20550 | Rake 0
Board [As 9h 9s Ac Kc]
Seat 1: AlexandrSSS showed [Ad 8d] and won (20550) with a full house, Aces full of Nines
Seat 2: AppelMoesje folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: acemolester folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: PhenixRising showed [Kh Kd] and lost with a full house, Kings full of Aces
Seat 5: petrosf.c.87 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: Pilione (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 8: egon50 (big blind) folded before Flop

I'd like to catch a break.....
Who min-raises A8s then calls an all in from an equal stack?
Is anyone shocked that he has a -38 roi in 45s or that his OPR is 32%?

Old 02-01-2010, 06:44 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

In my SnGs today the btn is never shoving light even though their stack size is ridiculously small. I'm running into AQ+ JJ+ way too much when I shove from the C/O, BtN, SB, and ship from the BB.

I'm going to run one more session then call it a day.

Old 02-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

My quick session turned into a cash session instead. I was only going to play for 30 to 60 minutes. I actually ran good at first. I thought someone was 3betting me light in position (10% 3bet) so I 4bet w/ AhQh. I was committed to their shove and called. They had AKs. I hit the q on the flop w/ two hearts. I actually gave a bad beat.

Anyway, in order to balance out my day the poker gods shit on my head.

This was one of the last hand of my session. The table was 3 handed but two dropped the hand before. I was going to just leave but figured I'd see what came on the btn. I'm all excited to see KK.....

Pokerstars Game #39075114586: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50 USD) - 2010/02/01 14:26:59 ET
Table 'Calypso VIII' 6-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: 99_Brooklyn ($51 in chips)
Seat 3: davidibañez7 ($25 in chips)
Seat 4: PhenixRising ($53.05 in chips)
99_Brooklyn: posts small blind $0.25
davidibañez7: posts big blind $0.50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to PhenixRising [Kd Kc]
ieee754 joins the table at seat #5
99_Brooklyn: folds
davidibañez7: calls $1.50
*** FLOP *** [8h 6c Qh]
davidibañez7: checks
Larwing joins the table at seat #2
JeroenItty joins the table at seat #6
PhenixRising: bets $2.75
davidibañez7: raises $4.25 to $7
PhenixRising: raises $18 to $25
davidibañez7: calls $16 and is all-in
Uncalled bet ($2) returned to PhenixRising
*** TURN *** [8h 6c Qh] [9c]
*** RIVER *** [8h 6c Qh 9c] [2h]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
davidibañez7: shows [Ac Ah] (a pair of Aces)
PhenixRising: shows [Kd Kc] (a pair of Kings)
davidibañez7 collected $49.25 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $50.25 | Rake $1
Board [8h 6c Qh 9c 2h]
Seat 1: 99_Brooklyn (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: davidibañez7 (big blind) showed [Ac Ah] and won ($49.25) with a pair of Aces
Seat 4: PhenixRising (button) showed [Kd Kc] and lost with a pair of Kings

At least it wasn't a full buy in but this is getting ridiculous.

I think I had a slightly profitable session by slightly I mean 4-5 dollars at most.

Nvm..... I made a whopping 1.80........

The only two other hands that cost me were:

Pokerstars Game #39074562201: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50 USD) - 2010/02/01 14:17:25 ET
Table 'Anius VI' 6-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: GRRLZ ($89.25 in chips)
Seat 2: 99_Brooklyn ($50 in chips)
Seat 3: dean6745 ($52.45 in chips)
Seat 4: qqch13 ($78.45 in chips)
Seat 5: PhenixRising ($45 in chips)
Seat 6: fearnolimits ($52.10 in chips)
fearnolimits: posts big blind $0.50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to PhenixRising [Ac Qh]
GRRLZ: folds
99_Brooklyn: folds
dean6745: raises $1.25 to $1.75
qqch13: calls $1.75
PhenixRising: raises $3.25 to $5
fearnolimits: folds
dean6745: folds
qqch13: calls $3.25
*** FLOP *** [5s 9c 2s]
qqch13: checks
*** TURN *** [5s 9c 2s] [9h]
PhenixRising: bets $6.75
qqch13: calls $6.75
*** RIVER *** [5s 9c 2s 9h] [Ks]
qqch13: checks
*** SHOW DOWN ***
PhenixRising: shows [Ac Qh] (a pair of Nines)
qqch13: shows [8c 8d] (two pair, Nines and Eights)
qqch13 collected $24.50 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $25.75 | Rake $1.25
Board [5s 9c 2s 9h Ks]
Seat 1: GRRLZ folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: 99_Brooklyn folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: dean6745 folded before Flop
Seat 4: qqch13 (button) showed [8c 8d] and won ($24.50) with two pair, Nines and Eights
Seat 5: PhenixRising (small blind) showed [Ac Qh] and lost with a pair of Nines
Seat 6: fearnolimits (big blind) folded before Flop

I couldn't bring myself to bet the river.

On the next hand I'm not sure what to do on this flop. He folds to about 2/3 of C-bets and 78% of 3bets. He also steals at a decent clip. Somewhere around 30% w/ an VPIP and PFR noticeably lower. I don't mind the 3bet pre since it'll work often enough but I'm not sure about the cbet on the flop. 3bet pots are annoying.

Pokerstars Game #39074425237: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50 USD) - 2010/02/01 14:15:03 ET
Table 'Gemini IV' 6-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: TGSV ($58.55 in chips)
Seat 2: PhenixRising ($51.75 in chips)
Seat 3: schmilf ($50.75 in chips)
Seat 5: pateelvis ($30.75 in chips)
Seat 6: joshil3 ($58.25 in chips)
TGSV: posts small blind $0.25
PhenixRising: posts big blind $0.50
arturby: sits out
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to PhenixRising [Qh Jh]
schmilf: folds
pateelvis: folds
joshil3: raises $1 to $1.50
TGSV: folds
PhenixRising: raises $3.25 to $4.75
joshil3: calls $3.25
*** FLOP *** [Jc Ad 2h]
PhenixRising: bets $6.25
joshil3: calls $6.25
*** TURN *** [Jc Ad 2h] [Tc]
joshil3: bets $13
PhenixRising: folds
Uncalled bet ($13) returned to joshil3
joshil3 collected $21.20 from pot
joshil3: doesn't show hand
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $22.25 | Rake $1.05
Board [Jc Ad 2h Tc]
Seat 1: TGSV (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 2: PhenixRising (big blind) folded on the Turn
Seat 3: schmilf folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: pateelvis folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: joshil3 (button) collected ($21.20)

Old 02-03-2010, 11:41 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

I honestly thought I could run good two days in a row. I was obviously mistaken. Some of you had a good laugh in my KK thread. I'm fairly certain I lost more chips w/ KK today then I won. I'm also sure that I was bounced out of 10% of my SnGs while I had KK. I don't know about anyone else but that is the definition of a down swing.

The other day I had a +500 day playing 6.50 and 7.70 SnGs. Today I had a -200 day playing 7 Mtts (-51.6) and 60-6.50s and 7-7.70s and 1-12 45s (6th place - KK > AJ) and 2-12 180. If KK held at all while deep or on the FT of a 45 then I'm looking at a break even day or another 200+ day. My pushing ranges are still a bit tight however consistently losing 70/30s is hurting me much more.

I played poorly in my PLO tournaments. I also ran horribly at the end of the 16.50. I lost to a gut shot straight draw.

Last edited by PhenixRising : 02-03-2010 at 11:50 PM.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:59 AM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

I thought I would add an update.

I started to go through my hands from my failed SnG session. I had KK 20 times today. I won 8 times. The biggest pot I won was 750 and that was with quad kings. I obviously lost 12 times with KK and of the times I lost I was knocked out 8 times. I ran KK into AA once so the rest of the losses were 70/30s and 1 80/20. In the end 12% of my losses are attributed to KK. Yay me.

I did crack some over pairs tonight but not at that pace. I don't know how I could have overcome losing at that pace with premium hands.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:08 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

I have not updated for awhile. I had a few almost great days that turned into blah days and other days like today are just horrendous. I considered posting a few hands to show how a 45 grind can swing from +5-10 ROI to -5-10% ROI over a few bad runs on a few FTs. In general I'm losing more 70/30s, 65/35s, and flips than normal. If I ran better when I had someone all in in a 70/30 or 65/35 while 3 handed then I'd have a +1-2% roi. If I held more often at 6 or 7 then I'd be back to a 5% roi over 250 games. Eventually it'll even out.

And my 180s are just retarded. I run beyond horrible in 12-180s and so so in the 7.70s. The 12s are just beyond ridiculous though. I'll get someone into a 70/30 or 60/40 and lose every single time I push all in. I honestly do not know why I continue to play these games.

Anyway, how can someone raise/fold here is beyond my understanding. Of course the original raiser will become the chip leader and the guy that hits the set was 2nd in chips when I busted in 21st. O and the original raiser is a 16% opr guy which explains his line.

Pokerstars Game #39491162989: Tournament #241298820, $7.00+$0.70 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XII (500/1000) - 2010/02/09 15:41:50 ET
Table '241298820 20' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
Seat 1: Griego646 (9310 in chips)
Seat 2: PhenixRising (12662 in chips)
Seat 4: Trist_Hansen (7544 in chips)
Seat 6: pieterjanvdm (13263 in chips)
Seat 7: Varunklis (7465 in chips)
Seat 8: Mrn42 (10233 in chips)
Seat 9: SAMBAMAX1 (2770 in chips)
Griego646: posts the ante 100
PhenixRising: posts the ante 100
Trist_Hansen: posts the ante 100
pieterjanvdm: posts the ante 100
Varunklis: posts the ante 100
Mrn42: posts the ante 100
SAMBAMAX1: posts the ante 100
Mrn42: posts small blind 500
SAMBAMAX1: posts big blind 1000
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to PhenixRising [Ac Kd]
Griego646: raises 2000 to 3000
PhenixRising: raises 9562 to 12562 and is all-in
Trist_Hansen: folds
pieterjanvdm: folds
Varunklis: folds
Mrn42: folds
SAMBAMAX1: calls 1670 and is all-in
Griego646: folds
Uncalled bet (9562) returned to PhenixRising
*** FLOP *** [2h Qs Ks]
*** TURN *** [2h Qs Ks] [9s]
*** RIVER *** [2h Qs Ks 9s] [5s]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
PhenixRising: shows [Ac Kd] (a pair of Kings)
PhenixRising collected 660 from side pot
SAMBAMAX1: shows [2s 2d] (a flush, King high)
SAMBAMAX1 collected 9210 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 9870 Main pot 9210. Side pot 660. | Rake 0
Board [2h Qs Ks 9s 5s]
Seat 1: Griego646 folded before Flop
Seat 2: PhenixRising showed [Ac Kd] and won (660) with a pair of Kings
Seat 4: Trist_Hansen folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: pieterjanvdm folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: Varunklis (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: Mrn42 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 9: SAMBAMAX1 (big blind) showed [2s 2d] and won (9210) with a flush, King high

I am 810 FPPs away from buying the PS3. I don't think that that is the best allocation of my points but I promised I'd get it once I hit 28k. Once I hit 28k I'll withdrawal my money and figure out if I want to continue playing on Stars or move my roll to FTP.

Old 02-12-2010, 07:24 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

Today has been an up and down day but mostly just down. I started off down 20 buy ins then worked my way to even. After that I just fell off a cliff. I was down 40-50 buy ins at one point. It felt like I was losing every
80/20 and 70/30 at or near the FT. I'm down to my last two tables err make it 1 table. 89 < 36 (one card straight) then 88 > QQ for 9th. If I had a stack I would have folded the 88. If I won the 89 hand I would have been at 10 bbs w/ 3 or 4 at 3-4 bbs.

I continue to run beyond horribly in 12-180s. I was crippled while ahead in each tournament then busted on a std shove for my stack size. I ran the same in 7.70 180s which probably accounts for my loss today.

I'm down 65 for the day but I'll have to check my stats for 45s versus 180s. 13.20 of the loss is early morning mtts which are ridiculously soft. I will eventually win the 8.80 1k PLO tournament. The play is embarrassing but I can't win if the cards turn against me. I would have made the FT yesterday but I lost on a 2 outer. I forget how I lost today. I think it was to a boat but I'm not 100% sure.

45s continue to annoy me. I'm starting to have significant data on several grinders. In order to keep a cleaner table I've moved then # of hands needed to use the HUD higher. I currently have it set at 50. It is amazing how much easier it is to make the correct call versus their range when I'm able to see that they push 17% at that blind level.

Yea, I checked my stats for today.

6.50 45s = +77.50 and 199.00 over the past two days. (49)
12 45s = -36 but again I'm up over the past two days. (14)
7.70 & 12 180s = -63.40 (I played 2 7.70s and 4 12s)

One day I may drop the 180s but they work so well with my 45s. I'll also need to use a SnG opener again. I have trouble maintaining 15 tables when I'm entering SnGs on my own.

The below hand is from my last 12 45. I ran this way in a lot of the 12 45s today. I'd get to the FT bubble and lose a 70/30 or 80/20. I did not run much better on the FT.

Pokerstars Game #39641109518: Tournament #242343322, $11+$1 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level IX (300/600) - 2010/02/12 13:38:14 ET
Table '242343322 2' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
Seat 1: phil_london (3183 in chips)
Seat 2: xNumchuckx (6525 in chips)
Seat 3: zwaluw476 (4933 in chips)
Seat 4: PhenixRising (4526 in chips)
Seat 5: ViktorAK (2130 in chips)
Seat 7: buba551 (10772 in chips)
Seat 9: joe duvolla (2015 in chips)
phil_london: posts the ante 50
xNumchuckx: posts the ante 50
zwaluw476: posts the ante 50
ViktorAK: posts the ante 50
buba551: posts the ante 50
joe duvolla: posts the ante 50
joe duvolla: posts small blind 300
phil_london: posts big blind 600
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to PhenixRising [Kc Kd]
xNumchuckx: folds
zwaluw476: folds
PhenixRising: raises 3876 to 4476 and is all-in
ViktorAK: folds
buba551: folds
joe duvolla: folds
phil_london: calls 2533 and is all-in
Uncalled bet (1343) returned to PhenixRising
*** FLOP *** [3c 9c Ac]
*** TURN *** [3c 9c Ac] [Th]
*** RIVER *** [3c 9c Ac Th] [Ts]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
phil_london: shows [As 9h] (two pair, Aces and Tens)
PhenixRising: shows [Kc Kd] (two pair, Kings and Tens)
phil_london collected 6916 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 6916 | Rake 0
Board [3c 9c Ac Th Ts]
Seat 1: phil_london (big blind) showed [As 9h] and won (6916) with two pair, Aces and Tens
Seat 2: xNumchuckx folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: zwaluw476 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: PhenixRising showed [Kc Kd] and lost with two pair, Kings and Tens
Seat 5: ViktorAK folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: buba551 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: joe duvolla (small blind) folded before Flop

Old 02-18-2010, 10:03 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

I only made 150 or so today after winning 3rd in the 12 180. I had a sick sick sick swing earlier today. I was down around 550 with 18 active tables. I stopped registering until I had 5 or 6 tables left. At the time I was still down about 400.

I guess I'll give a roll update. I took my bankroll down to 1400 on Feb 10th. I started the day at 2015.29 and ended at 2182.05 for a profit of 166.76. I played for about 8 hours today which gives me a respectable hourly of 20.86.

I started to include 27 45s into my schedule but I think that that will have to wait until I reach 2500. I am a bit of a brm nit because I can not afford to deposit at this level and I'm not comfortable running a BAS. Actually, I just remember I'm depositing 600 for my first time deposit bonus. So, 27s are on the schedule when I deposit.

I still play the AM mtts. I wish a few 22s would start around 8 am since I've moved to an early morning schedule. I really like playing the 5.50 8k. I've made a few deep runs in the 5.50 8k this month. I also play the 8.80 1k PLO tourn. I'll win that one eventually. I busted today w/ suited aces for a top 20 stack with 100 left. Once I hold I'll do damage deep. I'd like to play the 16.50 HORSE but I can focus on that while playing 18 tables. I'd play an early 8 game but HORSE requires a lot of my attention.

So to sum up. My AM schedule includes:
5.50 8k
8.80 PLO 1k
2.20 500 cap rebuy
4.40 PLO if I late reg.
And one day maybe the 109 12.5k gtd.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:04 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

I learned a valuable lesson last night. I really can not play while tired and getting over whatever was bothering me last night. I ran horribly and played horribly. I started a 18 game session and realized pretty quickly that I was off my game. I shut down my SnG opener at 30ish games. I placed 2nd in one and I think I made it ITM of one 12 45. I decided to not even calculate the lass due to that session.

As a side note the limp call w/ small pps and broadway cards has infected 12 45s as well. I really do not know why its become such a popular play. I can only assume that these people really like to limp big pps and they figure its part of a meta game strategy.

I was knocked out of most of my 12s when someone decided to call my 8-10 bb push after limping from the C/O or btn. The blinds were at 150 and 200 so they calls were lol bad.

Anyway my bankroll had a major regression. I haven't cashed any of my MTTs for a few days which is like a 200+ hole. My 6.50s and 12s were making up for the loss but I will have to focus on 45s and 180s next week.

Old 02-21-2010, 11:46 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

I actually did not do as bad as I thougt in 45s. I was down 136 but a downswing was going to happen. I was running too good in the 12s.

I will have to stop playing MTTs except for the 5.50 8k and 8.80 PLO. Hopefully I'll take the 8.80 down this week and FT the 5.50 8K. I am still in the top 700 in the TLB but I can't move up unless I take down some 12 or 7.70 180s and FT the 8K or win the 8.80. The 45s give a decent amount of points but winning a 12 180s gives a few more.

Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.

Old 03-01-2010, 12:04 AM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

I'm working towards platinum tonight. I have 265.28 left. I'll get there in this session. I'm running like crap in the 6.50 45s, 27 45s (7-8) and 12 180s but crushing the 12 45s. I'll have to drop the 27s until I have a larger bankroll or more money in real life.

I was up 1600 since Feb 10th but I made a mistake with my SnG opener. I had it set to open 27 45s and 12 180s continuously which hurt a bit. I'm up 512 today in 12 45s but down for the 300 for the day...... Yea... I'll make sure I don't do that again.

Old 03-01-2010, 03:29 AM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

Dear PhenixRising,

Congratulations! You have achieved PlatinumStar VIP status.

Your VIP level lasts for the rest of this month and all of next month.

This entitles you to the following rewards:

- 150% FPP Multiplier - you now earn 2.5 FPP credits for every 1 VPP credit earned
- PlatinumStar VIP Store access - choose from new and exclusive merchandise in the PlatinumStar store
- USD 30,000 Weekly VIP tourneys - Saturdays at 14:30 ET for a 100 FPP buy-in
- USD 100,000 Monthly VIP tourney - last Saturday of each month, free entry
- USD 1,000,000 Quarterly VIP tourneys - February 6th, May 1st, August 7th, and November 6th, 2010 at 14:00 ET - FPP Satellites available, located in the Tourney/VIP/All tab
- Sunday Million turbo satellite with 5 added seats - Sunday 14:30 ET

These exclusive VIP tournaments can be found in your Pokerstars game lobby under the 'Tourney > VIP > All' tab.

To remain a PlatinumStar, you need to earn at least 7,500 VPPs next month to maintain your level.

Earn 100,000 VPPs within the calendar year you can earn Supernova VIP status and even greater rewards. To learn more about the VIP Club and the rewards offered, visit our web page at Pokerstars.com/vip" target="_blank">http://www.Pokerstars.com/vip

In the end its not worth the swing..... I went from 20-25 an hour for the past two weeks down to 7.50.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:30 AM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

I figured I'd make a quick entry before bed. I've been focusing solely on 45 and 180 turbos with a few larger turbo mtts thrown into the mix.

I went on a signifcant dowswing late last week and early this week. My SnG opener was set to continuously open 27 45s (along with my normal routine of 6.50, 7.70, and 12s). I greatly over estimated my skill and swing tolerance. I've won a 27 already and placed 3rd but I had a downswing. I was losing 80/20 on the FT etc etc. I was up 512 in 12 45s but still down ~700. The downswing has ended but I'm still 300 short from the beginning of the swing.

6.50 45s are still killing my roll. My roi in 6.50 45s is now in the red. I was winning at a decent clip but now I'm at like -.10 per game or so. My 12 45 rate is the polar oppisite. I'll eventually focus solely on 12 45s but I hate to leave the 6.50 45s with a negative roi.

Old 03-07-2010, 02:30 AM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

How am I losing money when people like this play the game????

Pokerstars Game #40778984857: Tournament #250027561, $11+$1 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level X (400/800) - 2010/03/06 21:27:53 ET
Table '250027561 1' 9-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: Muck688 (4686 in chips)
Seat 2: nogold4me (4032 in chips)
Seat 3: knerrad29 (10895 in chips)
Seat 4: woodywax12 (4060 in chips)
Seat 5: 2molcov (6713 in chips)
Seat 6: red1971P (4258 in chips)
Seat 7: fattymcbones (9964 in chips)
Seat 8: timqq (4260 in chips)
Seat 9: PhenixRising (18632 in chips)
Muck688: posts the ante 50
nogold4me: posts the ante 50
knerrad29: posts the ante 50
woodywax12: posts the ante 50
2molcov: posts the ante 50
red1971P: posts the ante 50
fattymcbones: posts the ante 50
timqq: posts the ante 50
red1971P: posts small blind 400
fattymcbones: posts big blind 800
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to PhenixRising [Js 5d]
timqq: folds
PhenixRising: folds
Muck688: raises 3200 to 4000
nogold4me: folds
knerrad29: raises 6845 to 10845 and is all-in
woodywax12: folds
2molcov: folds
red1971P: folds
fattymcbones: folds
Muck688 has timed out
Muck688: folds
Uncalled bet (6845) returned to knerrad29
Muck688 is sitting out
knerrad29 collected 9650 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 9650 | Rake 0
Seat 1: Muck688 folded before Flop
Seat 2: nogold4me folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: knerrad29 collected (9650)
Seat 4: woodywax12 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: 2molcov (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: red1971P (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 7: fattymcbones (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 8: timqq folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: PhenixRising folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Old 03-10-2010, 07:39 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

I've been trying to keep negative thoughts out of my mind today but I'm running like complete shit and its seriously getting to me.

The majority of the times I've had TT, JJ, QQ, and KK I've ran into an over pair or lost a race. I've lost every race at the 180 and 18 bubble today. I managed to win ONE 30/70 but then lost a race for a 30k stack at the F2Ts. On the blinds I've been called by Q4o and J3s. I split one and lost the other.

I ran ridiculosly well in one 18 man session. I'm still in first but that'll change soon. I've played 25 18s since then and I have one win and one 4th place finish. I've bubbled 3 times and finished 6-7 7 times. I'm getting crippled by 70/30s or pushing into 20/80s with top TT+. Its beyond frustrating to run this bad.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

I guess I was going to post this last night but decided against it for some reason. I was whining about running bad.

Losing 4 straight 70/30s then getting caught in 3 straight 30/70s is a great way to end a session. If I hold in any of the 70/30s then I'm up 50-300 for the day instead of being up or down a few dollars. I hate the fact that I get excited if I actually hold in a 70/30 while itm or on the bubble.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:33 AM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

My new keyboard came today. I bought a Logitech Wave off ebay. I'm not thrilled with the mouse but the keyboard is a lot more comfortable than my old one. It may help my poker game because I'll be able to play longer since it is more comfortable. I'm assuming that my eyes and concentration will hold out longer.

I've discovered one of my many leaks in the 6.50 45s. I fell into the habit of pushing too wide on the FT bubble and money bubble. I was shoving weak aces from early and mid positions. I figured that one out on my own after going over a lot of CSI shove ranges. It is probably the most obvious and easiest fix but they are sometimes the hardest to correct.

I'm also in the running to take over the Earth Leaderboard again. I corrected some issues and I'm sitting at 428 with 10 more games to go. I'll take the lead if I earn 106 points. I came in 2nd 2x during this 20 game block. If I win those two then I'm 30 points closer. I'd only need to win once and place 3rd once to move into first place. I'm also assuming that no one will take over 1st place. I can win two games in ten games. Time will tell but I really have a legit shot to win 700 for 1st place.

And I'm back to making ~$1.50-2.00 in 12 45s.

I'm also due for a big win in the 180s. Today was absolutely brutal. I lost two 70/30s on the F2T bubble for a decent stack ~30k each time. Eventually that'll turn around or I'll get to give a bad beat. I also need to open up my range a lot. I push too wide in the 45s but not wide enough in the 180s.

I still have a lot to learn.

Last edited by PhenixRising : 03-13-2010 at 12:36 AM.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:26 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

Today sucks.

I'll break even for the day but I'll have to go over a lot of hands to figure out if I'm pushing too wide again. I know that I call too tight but that is better than calling to loose.

edit: I ended up 51.17 which breaks down to ~17 an hour. I don't mind making 17 an hour but I think I'm capable of making more an hour. I ended the day down in SnGs but just slightly. I am probably down 33 for the day playing SnGs. I need to play better while ITM.

I'm already in a fight with my gf. I'm not even sure why at the moment.

This is how I end the day.

Pokerstars Game #41205243999: Tournament #252993539, $15+$1 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XI (600/1200) - 2010/03/15 15:21:43 ET
Table '252993539 2' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 2: PhenixRising (4025 in chips)
Seat 5: damir01 (8335 in chips)
Seat 6: Wezz26 (5065 in chips)
Seat 8: VitinhO Dzi (9575 in chips)
PhenixRising: posts the ante 75
damir01: posts the ante 75
Wezz26: posts the ante 75
VitinhO Dzi: posts the ante 75
VitinhO Dzi: posts small blind 600
PhenixRising: posts big blind 1200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to PhenixRising [2h Kd]
damir01: folds
Wezz26: folds
VitinhO Dzi: raises 8300 to 9500 and is all-in
PhenixRising: calls 2750 and is all-in
Uncalled bet (5550) returned to VitinhO Dzi
*** FLOP *** [Kc Th 7h]
*** TURN *** [Kc Th 7h] [Jh]
*** RIVER *** [Kc Th 7h Jh] [Qd]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
VitinhO Dzi: shows [Ah 7d] (a straight, Ten to Ace)
PhenixRising: shows [2h Kd] (a pair of Kings)
VitinhO Dzi collected 8200 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 8200 | Rake 0
Board [Kc Th 7h Jh Qd]
Seat 2: PhenixRising (big blind) showed [2h Kd] and lost with a pair of Kings
Seat 5: damir01 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: Wezz26 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: VitinhO Dzi (small blind) showed [Ah 7d] and won (8200) with a straight, Ten to Ace

Its been like this all day except I'm usually the one pushing and losing not calling.

I really thought today would be a great day but I ran absolutely horribly for about 20-30 games straight. It did not help that I went on tilt for a bit and folded a few big pps including a pp ITM bvb in a 12 45.

Last edited by PhenixRising : 03-15-2010 at 08:32 PM.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:54 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

One day this will hold and I'll take down a 12 180. I can not understand how I run this bad in this one effin format.

Pokerstars Game #41262538230: Tournament #253377420, $11+$1 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XIII (600/1200) - 2010/03/16 17:52:15 ET
Table '253377420 1' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: daveb829 (9000 in chips)
Seat 2: PhenixRising (6880 in chips)
Seat 3: OsFiBaS (16757 in chips)
Seat 5: 1zoyzo (15527 in chips)
Seat 6: Chip210 (17496 in chips)
Seat 7: AKGUNKELLY (13389 in chips)
Seat 8: joschi194 (16571 in chips)
daveb829: posts the ante 125
PhenixRising: posts the ante 125
OsFiBaS: posts the ante 125
1zoyzo: posts the ante 125
Chip210: posts the ante 125
AKGUNKELLY: posts the ante 125
joschi194: posts the ante 125
OsFiBaS: posts small blind 600
1zoyzo: posts big blind 1200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to PhenixRising [Qh Qc]
Chip210: folds
AKGUNKELLY: folds
joschi194: folds
daveb829: calls 1200
PhenixRising: raises 5555 to 6755 and is all-in
OsFiBaS: folds
1zoyzo: folds
daveb829: calls 5555
*** FLOP *** [2h Ah 9d]
*** TURN *** [2h Ah 9d] [Jd]
*** RIVER *** [2h Ah 9d Jd] [Kd]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
daveb829: shows [Kh Th] (a pair of Kings)
PhenixRising: shows [Qh Qc] (a pair of Queens)
1zoyzo said, "lol"
daveb829 collected 16185 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 16185 | Rake 0
Board [2h Ah 9d Jd Kd]
Seat 1: daveb829 showed [Kh Th] and won (16185) with a pair of Kings
Seat 2: PhenixRising (button) showed [Qh Qc] and lost with a pair of Queens
Seat 3: OsFiBaS (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 5: 1zoyzo (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 6: Chip210 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: AKGUNKELLY folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: joschi194 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Old 03-17-2010, 01:01 AM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

I won a 7.70 today. I really needed that win. I was down 340ish on the day. So I'm up 30 on the day for about 6 hours of poker.

I'm about to look over my 18s with SnGWiz. I know I have leaks BUT I also know that I can crush them at times. If I played a little better I'd have an extra $300-400 today but I had some issues. I'm really having a hard time dealing with 70/30s on back to back to back to back tables. I can deal with it when it happens on one or two tables at a time BUT I have a hard time handling it when I'm bounced in 4-5 tourns in a row with AQ+ TT+.

I'm on track for 10k vpps this month. Once I'm able to handle 150 games a day I'd like to move up to 200 games a day. I currently play between 100 and 150 games a day. If I move up to 200 games a day I'd hit 20k vpps a month but my goal is 30k. If I'm able to make and maintain 30k vpps a month then I'd be able to buy the 1,500 bonus at the end of each month. I'd probably buy one or two 1k OneCall.com gift certificates. Wow that is a lot of "ifs".

Old 03-17-2010, 11:29 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

3 12 180 FTs and I can't get past 5th place.........

AK > QQ
KT > AK
and the last one just sucked.... a series of hands that ended on a 20/80 but started off with 2 straight 70/30s.

O and it'd be nice to win a 70/30 on the 16 bubble when I push and get called by A2o and A3o who of course either hit a straight or one of their 3 outs. Its a great feeling.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:40 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

This has officially been the worse day of my poker life. It has been one of the worst days in years. I was going to withdrawal today but I just lost all my profit for the month of March and half my profit for Feb. I am at something like -10 a game and I played close to 80 games.

I'm going to go over my HHs in SnG wiz but the basic premise of today is that I lost nearly every bvb confrontation regardless of the strength of my hand. I've lost with JJ, QQ, AK, KJ, etc etc and also lost with 34s and 79o etc.

I also made two god awful shoves after taking that QQ beat. I shoved 4Ts utg 4 handed when the SB had 1.25 bbs. I didn't even look when I shoved. I only had 4 bbs.

It'll be fun explaining to my gf that I may have no money in April.

Poker Forum | Poker Staking

Poker Site Reviews
Titan Poker Pokerstars William Hill Bodog Carbon Poker Ladbrokes Party PokerCake Poker