Surfers Poker, Poker Forum

Go Back   Surfers Poker - Poker Forum > Poker Blogs and Poker Entertainment > Poker Blogs
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2010, 06:26 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

Staker Points: 5593.02
TPS: 0
Plays at : PokerStars
Game of choice : Omaha Hi
PhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living Legend
Send a message via AIM to PhenixRising Send a message via Yahoo to PhenixRising

I'm just 100% tired of poker.

I managed to jam K7o pre because of another pop up problem. I was attempting to jam AA (which lost) but there was lag and I shipped 25-30 bbs. I would have been fine if effin AJo folded. He hit a J on the river after I hit a 7 on the turn. But really AJo.

Today on the bubble I'm 0-2 with QQ and 0-1 with AA. I'm 1-5 overall with AA.

I'm on a combined 450 downswing after a 1,000-1,200 upswing. I understand variance but its effin brutal to have multiple days of nothing but run bad. This 450 downswing is over like 1200-1500 games.

As I'm writing this AA > KJ (1-6 now) and someone just called off 2/3 of their stack with 77. They of course hit a set. I shoved A8o 6 handed w/ 8 bbs.

so effin std

Table '286084944 2' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
Seat 2: Dinsiemm (6886 in chips)
Seat 4: .Stipe.94 (7277 in chips)
Seat 7: CRUSHER730 (8725 in chips)
Seat 9: PhenixRising (4112 in chips)
Dinsiemm: posts the ante 50
.Stipe.94: posts the ante 50
CRUSHER730: posts the ante 50
PhenixRising: posts the ante 50
Dinsiemm: posts small blind 400
.Stipe.94: posts big blind 800
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to PhenixRising [Kc Qd]
CRUSHER730: folds
PhenixRising: raises 3262 to 4062 and is all-in
Dinsiemm: raises 2774 to 6836 and is all-in
.Stipe.94: folds
Uncalled bet (2774) returned to Dinsiemm
*** FLOP *** [Jc 2c 3c]
*** TURN *** [Jc 2c 3c] [5c]
*** RIVER *** [Jc 2c 3c 5c] [4c]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Dinsiemm: shows [Ah Ac] (a straight flush, Ace to Five)
PhenixRising: shows [Kc Qd] (a flush, King high)
Dinsiemm collected 9124 from pot
PhenixRising finished the tournament in 4th place and received $5.40.
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 9124 | Rake 0
Board [Jc 2c 3c 5c 4c]
Seat 2: Dinsiemm (small blind) showed [Ah Ac] and won (9124) with a straight flush, Ace to Five
Seat 4: .Stipe.94 (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 7: CRUSHER730 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: PhenixRising (button) showed [Kc Qd] and lost with a flush, King high

Last edited by PhenixRising : 06-25-2010 at 06:29 PM.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:46 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

PhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living Legend

fck poker.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:19 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

I'm already done for the day. I effin play 17 games and jam into AA 4 times... 4 effin times. TT < 88 and KK < QQ. I jammed AK into AA 2 or 3 times. O and I won few flips. I really can't get past these starts anymore. It seems like every day is the same as the day before. I start off with a 10-15 buy in DS and have to fight my way back.

Old 07-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

One day I'll win the majority of my 70/30s when its short handed on a FT.

Until that day comes I'll just keep treading water.

Old 07-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

I am starting to believe that the worst thing I ever did was read a book.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

Well I haven't posted much. I'm not really sure what to say. The job market sucks. I haven't played as much for a variety of reasons (I'll get into a few of them below) and the job search was one of them. I sent out as many resumes as I could but most of the jobs around here are bio-tech or truck drivers. O and I did not receive a single call back.

The last three or so months have been hard. My bankroll went from 2k to 300 in about 2 weeks. The majority of the losses occurred over a two day period. I wanted to maintain Platinum. I played more volume and well obviously ran bad plus played even worse. I did not push wide enough on FTs and lost too many hands as a favorite to make up for that leak.

I dropped down to 3.40s and 3.25s. I took my roll up to 1k in about a 2 weeks or so then maxed out at 1500ish. I deposited 600 for a deposit bonus. I was going to run the 6.50 18s and 45s BUT my XP drive went down. I switched it out for an Ubuntu system. I like linux a lot but it is not the best for poker. I tried to play for a few days but everything kept crashing (Pokerstars runs perfectly under wine). PS was crashing for me because I was attempting to use AHK scripts. AHK scripts crash in linux but it did run PokerShortCuts in an older version. Unfortunately Wine (windows in linux) broke that as well. I was able to play a few tables but its incredibly tedious to just use a mouse now.

Once I was able to play a bit the electric in the house started to go bad. I lost power constantly. The breaker would trip half the house and of course the half that was tripped was mine. I couldn't really play but I'd try every now and again. I most likely broke even during this period.

Now I'm using a script called TableCrab. It works in linux since its built for linux players. xhttp://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/45/software/tablecrab-Pokerstars-hotkeys-python-linux-wine-578650/index4.html I'm also using FPDB again but its buggy this time around. They are trying to make it better for SnG players like me but its a long ways away from HEM. But once the bugs are gone it'll be fine for most players but tbh HEM is by far the best now that its integrated SnGWiz.

Anyway now that I am using programs that are native to linux I can play some volume. I usually playing 50-100 games a day when I can play. I'd like to get it to 200 again but that will take time. I'm not used to putting that kind of volume into poker. Its amazing how long it takes to get back into focusing for 6-7 hours a day.

I'm thinking of putting up a BAS for 12 45s. I'm getting tired for the 3.40 level. I really do not like playing at 6.50. I'm a break even player at 6.50s even though I've ran at 17% roi in 12 45s w/ 2500 games. I could play the 12s w/ my roll right now but tbh I'd have trouble dealing with a 30-40 buy in downswing which will happen eventually.

And a HH from today. I still run pretty god awful short handed.

aPokerstars Game #47788721952: Tournament #298745602, $6.00+$0.50 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XIII (1000/2000) - 2010/08/06 12:27:49 ET
Table '298745602 2' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 2: lomik1111 (4463 in chips)
Seat 5: MatthFROST (30102 in chips)
Seat 8: PhenixRising (32935 in chips)
lomik1111: posts the ante 100
MatthFROST: posts the ante 100
PhenixRising: posts the ante 100
MatthFROST: posts small blind 1000
PhenixRising: posts big blind 2000
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to PhenixRising [Jh Js]
lomik1111: raises 2363 to 4363 and is all-in
MatthFROST: raises 25639 to 30002 and is all-in
PhenixRising: calls 28002
*** FLOP *** [6s 5h 5c]
*** TURN *** [6s 5h 5c] [Td]
*** RIVER *** [6s 5h 5c Td] [Ad]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
MatthFROST: shows [4h Ac] (two pair, Aces and Fives)
PhenixRising: shows [Jh Js] (two pair, Jacks and Fives)
MatthFROST collected 51278 from side pot
lomik1111: shows [5s Kd] (three of a kind, Fives)
lomik1111 collected 13389 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 64667 Main pot 13389. Side pot 51278. | Rake 0
Board [6s 5h 5c Td Ad]
Seat 2: lomik1111 (button) showed [5s Kd] and won (13389) with three of a kind, Fives
Seat 5: MatthFROST (small blind) showed [4h Ac] and won (51278) with two pair, Aces and Fives
Seat 8: PhenixRising (big blind) showed [Jh Js] and lost with two pair, Jacks and Fives

And now that I'm playing volume again I plan to put up some bubble hands.

Old 08-11-2010, 05:51 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

Today has completely sucked. I don't think I've won a single hand with 15 or less left today. I haven't reached a FT yet and I'm probably 45 games into my session. I'm going to end it here though.

This is with 17 left.

Pokerstars Game #48013285947: Tournament #300290916, $6.00+$0.50 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level VIII (200/400) - 2010/08/11 12:48:54 ET
Table '300290916 5' 9-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: oswgraf (1497 in chips)
Seat 2: Avegass (4970 in chips)
Seat 3: Trinyti 33 (1625 in chips)
Seat 5: Reb3186 (7405 in chips)
Seat 6: EasyTime40 (3120 in chips)
Seat 7: chitown420 (5165 in chips)
Seat 8: PhenixRising (3965 in chips)
Seat 9: KMikkelsen (2821 in chips)
oswgraf: posts the ante 25
Avegass: posts the ante 25
Trinyti 33: posts the ante 25
Reb3186: posts the ante 25
EasyTime40: posts the ante 25
chitown420: posts the ante 25
PhenixRising: posts the ante 25
KMikkelsen: posts the ante 25
EasyTime40: posts small blind 200
chitown420: posts big blind 400
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to PhenixRising [Qd Qs]
PhenixRising: raises 3540 to 3940 and is all-in
KMikkelsen: folds
oswgraf: folds
Avegass: folds
Trinyti 33: calls 1600 and is all-in
Reb3186: folds
EasyTime40 has timed out
EasyTime40: folds
EasyTime40 is sitting out
chitown420: folds
Uncalled bet (2340) returned to PhenixRising
EasyTime40 has returned
*** FLOP *** [8c 7c Td]
*** TURN *** [8c 7c Td] [4d]
*** RIVER *** [8c 7c Td 4d] [9c]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
PhenixRising: shows [Qd Qs] (a pair of Queens)
Trinyti 33: shows [Ac Tc] (a flush, Ace high)
Trinyti 33 collected 4000 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 4000 | Rake 0
Board [8c 7c Td 4d 9c]
Seat 1: oswgraf folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: Avegass folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: Trinyti 33 showed [Ac Tc] and won (4000) with a flush, Ace high
Seat 5: Reb3186 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: EasyTime40 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 7: chitown420 (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 8: PhenixRising showed [Qd Qs] and lost with a pair of Queens
Seat 9: KMikkelsen folded before Flop (didn't bet)

I'm starting to lose my calm focus and instead I'm just getting pissed off with each beat. And that is the main reason why I am posting this blog entry.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:22 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

So, I continue to have problems with tilting while playing 6.50 45s. I get bored of playing 3.25s and I'm not rolled to mass table 12s so I'm stuck throwing in 6.50s. I just don't get how these people think. They all seem to love flips or getting it in with weak or mediocre aces.

On the plus side the new labeling system is pretty sweet. I'm just making these people yellow since its the first color selection.

Is there a way to delete my notes?

I have spent a lot of time with my gf lately. Almost too much time since I rarely get in 100-150 games now. We've been dating for 1.5 years so we were dating (she was/is living with me) when I was putting that volume in each day but she's been sick as of late. We've ruled out lyme disease but now she needs to get an auto-immune test.

I'm not sure if this is a best case scenario but she may have lupus. If its not lupus then I'm going to get even more worried than usual. The other candidates are all bad not that lupus is good. One possibility is cancer and the others will require exploratory surgery.

On the surgery side the best case scenario is appendicitis. If that is the case then we'd be relieved. Appendicitis covers a few of her symptoms but those symptoms are included in things like lymphoma and lupus.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:06 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

I really need to work on my game when its 3 handed. I've been looking at solid regs (people who are clearing close to or more than $1 a game. My stats are nearly identical until you get to the roi. We have similar early exits, mid exits, and late exits. We even have similar stats when it comes to placing in the top 3 however they have 10% or better ROI. I have a significant leak shorthanded.

I really need to buy SnGWiz and HEM. The only annoying bit is that I'll have to find my XP disc. I really have no desire to ever upgrade to Windows 7 unless XP becomes completely obsolete. Hopefully by then FPDB will be on par with HEM and SnGWiz. I can dream.

Old 08-16-2010, 10:48 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

Please send me a PM if you ever see me on a 6.50 45 man table.

Old 08-28-2010, 11:56 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

Well I finally succeeded in going 0 for 18 in 45s again.

4 FTs - 3 8ths and 1 9 plus a few more top 15s. I lost every flip once the blinds hit 400+.

Old 09-30-2010, 10:40 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

......................... Hi ..............................

I've started to play a few games again. I'm not grinding a lot though. I think the most I've put in is 80 games while 20 tabling.

I have SnGWiz which has been helpful even though I think its mid-game advice blows. It only blows atm b/c I have not set up the models correctly. I'll work on that in the future but I'm not all that concerned. I'm taking its 'shove' range into consideration but I don't think I'm going to ship 2-7 offsuit.

As for my actual play - I've had my ups and downs. Right now I'm stuck in a rut. I went on a couple 50-60 plus buy in session followed by a 30 buy in downswing. I'm still in the positive but the variance is too high for my taste. A lot of it has to do with my poor play on the FT. I've tried to get away with some light shoves to only get called by big hands by players who will only call with big hands. It may just be best to stick with ICM plays for the foreseeable future.

O and it def sucks to call off my stack in a 3 way pot with A4o. I thought I had rockets If I fold that hand then I'm sitting 2-4 instead of finishing 4th. I think I played 60 games today and I failed to win one. I can tell you w/ 100% certainty that its my giant leaking holes while short handed on the FT. Hopefully Wiz will help and I'll probably start posting some of those hands in the HA section.

Old 10-14-2010, 09:00 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

Why the hell did I even start to play again?

I decided to start to grind a bit to see if I could get back into the flow and start playing 12 45s or 16 18s next year. Instead I'm on a fcking 100 bi downswing ins fcking 3.25 45s. How the fck does that happen?

So I'm probably going to play to clear a bonus then take my cash off completely. Its fckin insane to consistently lose the way I lose. I know I have leaks, that I'm working to fix, but I do not think anyone loses like me. Yea yea. I know thats BS but its also partially true.

I've played 30-35 games so far today and I have copied 9 hands where I'm 70/30 or better pre but lose. I have not copied all of the hands I've been knocked out on as a favorite. Its even more frustrating to push ATs+ and get called by two random suited cards and lose. And I'm talking about a 9+ bb push thats called by someone with 9+ bbs. I know I should only make the money in about 15 to 20% of my games but I'm getting bounced way too often as a favorite to even make it past 13% per 200-300 games.

Poker Forum | Poker Staking

Poker Site Reviews
Titan Poker Pokerstars William Hill Bodog Carbon Poker Ladbrokes Party PokerCake Poker