Surfers Poker, Poker Forum

Go Back   Surfers Poker - Poker Forum > Poker Blogs and Poker Entertainment > Poker Blogs
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2010, 05:00 PM
Elite Supernova Staker II
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

Staker Points: 21892.25
TPS: 9305.13
Plays at : pokerstars
jappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via MSN to jappie007
Default Jappie's poker/life blog

You must all be very anxious to start reading this blog given it's original title, and the incredibly interesting contents that must be hidden behind it.

This blog will mainly be about me tracking my pokerresults/ challenges/ goals.
I'll also include things that go on in my daily life (boy u guys are dying to read more)

Not much going on on both topics, but i'm sure I will find something you will enjoy reading.

Surfers Poker - Featured Sites
Old 07-27-2010, 05:11 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

jappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

K.. thought for 2 minutes, and came up with something fun to do.

I've been playing a lot of rushpoker lately, and i'm going to set myself a little target to reach as soon as possible.
The plan is to play 50.000 hands of rushpoker at 5c/10c, and profit $100, which is 2BB's per 100 hands.
I guess it's not really a tough challenge, but given i've just started out playing this game, and I want to get a good sample before giving myself a real realistic challenge.

I'll keep track of my results as follows.

Session....
Hands played: ....
profit/ loss : ....

overall
hands played:....
profit/ loss : ....

im starting this now

Old 07-27-2010, 05:31 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

K lol putting first session to an early halt.. my sound broke down so i cant hear the tables popping up, which annoys me, and im playing the worst poker ever..

dropped like 3 buyins in 15 minutes so here's the start xD

Session 1
Hands played: 377
profit/ loss: -$28.32

Overall:
Hands played: 377
profit/ loss: -$28.32

on my defence.
ran KK into AA very first hand of the session
and lost QQ< KJ for a half stack..
either way. this was very bad..

Old 07-30-2010, 07:35 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

finished a long tiring session with a sick run of cards, and pretty big swings.
ran pretty good throughout the session.. couple of downswings, but overall, I ran pretty ridiculously good

session 2
Hands played: 2974
profit/ loss: +$47.94

overall
hands played: 3351
profit/ Loss: $19.62

Old 07-31-2010, 11:19 AM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

LIFE
As I promised this Blog would be both about poker, and life, I think it's time to include a little story about my life in here.
Well, my life at this moment is better than it has been throughout the whole of last schoolyear. to be completely honest. last year has been a total waste of my llife, and since a short while, I've focused on getting everything in my life back on track, and start living a real life again. You all probably dont know much of what I have done in the past year, so i'll update all of you, and show what's so much better at this point.

to start off. My efforts in Uni last year, were more like no efforts at all, which results in me failing my first year in business studies. completely deserved, and expected, but I just couldnt care for going there. Obviously the wrong study for me, with a complete lack of good mindset to try it.
Besides school, I didnt have a job. the bakery/pastery company i had been working for for the last 4 years had gone bankrupt, and I was just too goddamn lazy to find myself another job. As a result, i've been spending all the money I earned in the last years on partying and stuff leaving me pretty much crippled in my bankaccount as we speak.
so besides work, and school, I used to hang out with a regular group of friends I know from Tennis. Well we started hanging out less and less, and apart from 2 of my best friends, the group has been falling apart quietly. And I'm getting more and more annoyed with the girls who are/usedto be in our group of friends. behaving like absolute attentionhorny sluts.
basically I went to sleep everyday at like 4-5 AM, and wake up at the same time that afternoon. such a waste of life I see now. I just couldnt take that anymore, so I started turning it around.

first of all, the thing that really helped me was meeting my girlfriend. I was at a 100e deepstack pokertourney in Kampen end of december, organized by my tennistrainer.I busted within like 2 hours, and had a couple of beers. When I went out to get something from my car, I saw her there with some friends, and I just started to chat with them. and well. we had a long fun conversation, and we exchanged contactdetails. Since then we had regular contact on MSN and skype, and halfway through march we decided we should meet up again. We met again, and came to the conclusion that we should see eachother more often cuz we had so much fun together. well and for a good 3.5 months now she has been my girlfriend, and all is still going awesome between us.
Motivated by a girl costing money, I started looking for a job, and completely random, in the pub, I was talking to some people about work, and they gave me the emailadress of a cleaning company. I emailed them with my details, and motivation, and within the day I got a response.
the job is very simple, and not even that bad. Now I earn 10e/h (which is a lot for someone my age) cleaning old people's houses. very appreciated work, and the people are all very friendly.

With my friends, still things need to be worked out, as they ignore us most of the time we are supposed to hang out with them, and they have absolutely no clue what they're doing wrong. Im not really sure things are going to be fixed. 2 of 3 are moving houses for their studies, so they won't be here so often anymore.
on a brighter note: I'm making new friends in Kampen. Naomi's friends are awesome, and we get along great. I've also been making new friends at the tennisclub past weeks, which also makes life much better.

This all motivated me so much I entered a new study in Amsterdam. communicationscience, or whatever it translates to into english. It seems really interesting, and hopefully much more suitable for me
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
POKERfor as far my pokerchallenge is concerned, got the whole evening off to play, so I guess ima get in a good session of rush to make some progress in the challenge.
Hope there's going to be a skype conference going, as that definitely makes time go quicker, and make it less of a struggle to get in a decent amount of hands in an evening. I do hope I havent pissed off yesterday's people in the convo with my annoying rush of cards and run good.
let's see if I can continue a good run, and win moar

Old 07-31-2010, 01:46 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

LIFE
homegame coming up @ my place
(I hope)

POKERafternoon rush session went pretty good. didnt play for very long as craxer just contacted me about a homegame.. responding to him cost me about $12 because I misclick raised $12 instead of 1.25 vs a monster. besides that I got coolered AJ<QJ on QJJ flop
made profit nonetheless. played pretty good, and flopped decently. Took a bunch of med 40-50BB stacks to make this session profitable.
misclick like that is never supposed to happen tho so bit grumpy about that, as I was up way more than I eventually profit..
oh well. better luck tonight I hope..

session 3
Hands played: 1063
profit/ loss: +$15.42

overall
hands played: 4414
profit/ loss: +$35.04

Old 08-01-2010, 01:16 AM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

LIFE
homegame is there tomorrow. Tomperez, craxer, craxer's bro, ImNoATM, and flop sailor will be there most likely. It's been a long time since our last home game. looking forward to playing again.

POKER
Insanely brutal session of rush ran KK into AA 3-4 times, and JJ into KK once.
if it wasnt for an absolute insane run of cards, i'd have lost a ton of money. but given I got KK and AA like 25 times each, with lot of action on most, I managed to get a little profit from the session.
really content with the way I played. spew occasions were very rare, and played a good game overal.
happy and frustrated at the same time cuz when I wouldnt have gone on a sick coolerrun, ida easily made double my buyins. happy I profited tho.

session 4
hands played: 1215
profit/ loss: +$4.34

overall
hands played: 5629
profit/ loss: +$39.38

good night surfers

Old 08-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

LIFE

had a homegame with a couple of friends today. Didnt go very good. first TP crippled me by 85<77 on an 857 flop which was a pretty sick cooler. and a couple of hands later I busted with J3 vs 96 allin on J6x board. TP ended getting second place after an absolute hot deck for craxer's brother.

afterwards we had a little cashgame 10NL, in which I made a decent profit to cover the buyin for the SNG. IT was fun to finally play a live game again, Really want to be doing that more often. good times.

POKER

Just send in my verification documents to Pokerstars. showing my dissapproval in the email I send, and asking to be compensated for not being able to play for nearly 2 months.
Hope the copies are clear enough as I made them with my webcam. I think they're pretty legit though, so I think/hope it is satisfactory for stars support.

Kinda want to play some stuff on stars tonight if my accounts get reopened soon enough. I'll definitely be playing some rush tonight. Not sure for how long, but looking to get in a good couple of hands. and then besides the jopefully some stars SNG's or MTT's.

look out for my next update later tonight

Old 08-01-2010, 11:12 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

LIFE

nothing new. Just sitting downstairs on the dinnertable with laptop and monitor attached eating cookies with fruit jelly.

POKER

Just played about an hour worth of rush poker. Played pretty good in my own opinion. I'm starting to spew less, and make more laydowns I know i'm supposed to make, but just am too stubborn for to actually lay down. session was pretty boring. won a stack early on by flopping a set with QQ, and cooler AA on the flop. during the rest of the session just very slight swings.

Session 5
Hands played: 1361
Profit/ Loss: +$13.04

overall
hands played: 6990
profit/ loss: +$52.42

About my stars account.
Got no response from stars yet. Not really surprising as it must take some time to check 'the validity of my papers etc. would be nice to have access by tomorrow or something, as I kinda miss using the money in there
anyway, not gonna play on stars tonight, which might give me the motivation to go to bed in a little.

good night surfers

Old 08-02-2010, 03:58 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

LIFE

lazy..
went to bed at 4AM, and slept in till 2.15 PM.
feel kinda bad, cuz my gran came over at 9.30, and cleaned the complete house for me, and made me breakfast . I ate, and fell asleep again. gonna have to get something to thank her for being a great help for when my parents are on a holiday.

POKER

got no response from Pokerstars yet, but i'm gonna give it a few days, as apparently they have some sort of pending queue for closed accounts. so i'll just have to wait.
As soon as I have access to Pokerstars again, i'll be including bankroll updates in my blog, as at the moment I dont exactly recall the amount I have in my PS account. I'll also give some updates of my invested money, to make my blog even more interesting
so look out for those updates in a couple of days

Just finished a pretty long session of rush. play for about 80 minutes. got in a good amount of hands, and a decent profit. Session was pretty interesting. lost a couple of big pots, KK<66 , QQ<JJ, AQ<42, but managed to get a pretty sweet profit on the session because of the good flops I was hitting pretty frequently.
This wasnt a session of winnings big pots, but won a shitload of small stacks.
anyway. very happy with the way I played. Im confident about my game, and I am starting to get less stubborn, and give up obvious losing hands more easily.

Session 6
Hands played: 1854
Profit/ Loss: +$25.12

overall
hands played: 8844
profit/ loss: +$77.54

Old 08-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

LIFETILTED

is all

POKER

dont think I ever ran worse in my life LOL
thank god that session is over. basically in a nutshell, all high pockets ran into overpockets, I won 0 flips, Hit almost not a single flop, and when I hit a flop big I run into a bigger hand.
absolutely gross, and very very tilting.
GG all the profit I made in earlier sessions

Session 7
Hands played: 1291
Profit/ Loss: -$55.86

overall:
hands played: 10.135
profit/ loss: +$21.68

Basically means Im exactly on pace for making my goal of +$100 in 50K hands..
sour I cant be at way more profit due to this bullshit session.

done ranting now,
till next update

Old 08-03-2010, 11:37 AM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

LIFETILTED

is all

POKER

didnt think it was possible, but im now officially down in my rushpoker challengething.terrible rushsession. played awesome, ran even worse than yesterday. basically. AA<QQ, AA<99, KK<random shit, nutflush<boat
just because I played really good, im not broke at the moment lol.
pretty fcking tilting tbh.

Session 8
hands played: 1840
profit/ loss: -$38.87

overall
hands played: 11.975
profit/ loss: -17.19

probably playing some MTT's tonight, for funs and skypejoy. maybe do a little LLB or something. let's BINK

good day surfers

Old 08-03-2010, 10:54 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

LIFE

long day of work tomorrow. so sleeping soon

POKER

MTT's tonight were a disaster pretty much. was carddead for most part, and a combination of spew, and runbad in the ones I was doing good in result in -50'ish on the session.

also lost another buyin playing rush. pretty insane. Im playing pretty damn good, and I know i'm doing the right things, but AT<A3 and AQ<AK on AQx doesnt help at all. want this to turn around soon

session 9
hands played: 288
profit/ loss: -$11.18

hands played: 12.263
profit/ loss: -28.37

will finish railing frogman on his FT, and go to bed.
goodnight surfers

Old 08-04-2010, 11:24 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

LIFE

good news and bad news. the good news is that my girlfriend returns from here 10 day holiday tomorrow I missed here so going there tomorrow and spend a couple days there. Bad news. by saturday she's be gone on sailing camp for another week, and directly after another camp, so I wont see her after tomorrow for like 2-3 weeks
other bad news is that my family will be returning from their holiday in beautiful Austria. Kinda got used to having the house for myself, and not really looking forward to sharing it with 4 other people again.

Tomorrow im going to take my girlfriend out for dinner, and when the weather will allow it take her to chillax by the river IJssel. gonna be an awesome couple of days, and really looking forward to it

means i probably wont be logging on to surfers, which is a pity cuz always when im gone something awesome happens. kinda worried for you all as i have no clue how you could do a couple days without me, but you're gonna have to try

POKER

Today I let rushpoker rest for a bit, didnt feel like getting stressed up etc. also let the scheduled MTT's rest today after yesterdays failure. Decided I was gonna play a bunch of 3.30 90 man KO's, and it went well.

was on skype the whole evening, which makes the work feel like less of a grind, and it helps me focus on the games more rather than browsing random stuff on the internet.

played 3 sets of 4 games tonight, and managed to cash 1 in every set. Feel I played my Agame throughout the night, and I ran pretty good overall. Winning a lot of flips makes profiting a lot easier I now notice

in the end I managed to get an 8th place in my first set, a 1st place in my second set, and a 3rd place in my 3rd set, with a total of 16 KO's.
This makes the profit of this evening +$78.65, which is really good and motivates me to continue playing these games.

I'll probably pick up rush later this week again, will be looking to get in at least 1 decent session a day, and next to that grind a couple of SNG, preferably the 3.30 KO's.

Thinking about starting a BAS in the near future covering all my action on stars and FTP for the rest of 2010. But have to think about that first, and I probably wont be starting to play that before the start of October. Given with frogmans big BAS, majority of Surfers funds have been invested.
Dont even know yet if I will be able to fit it in with my new studies starting in the beginning of September, so we'll just say it's a vague plan to look out to in the near future.

have a good night surfers.
till next post

Old 08-07-2010, 10:41 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

LIFE

Been spending the last 3 days with my girlfriend for most part, even tho I managed to log on a couple of times. good to have seen her again after she came back from an 11 day holiday. (It's nothing, but hey we're in love)
took her out for dinner on thursday. We went to the pizzarestaurant she likes, in her city. We got a table for 2 next to the fcking toilet pizza was great though, and so was the holiday chat . weather was not good enough to sit outside for too long, so we went to her place, and had a cup of coffee + smoking before going to sleep

we watched the movie I am Legend on friday night at her grandparents' place. Never saw the movie so Naomi managed to scare me a couple times on the thrilling moments, What a sick movie anyway. We slept over at her grandparents, as she would leave next morning for sailingcamp, and her granddad had to drive her. so we had to say goodbye again for almost 2 weeks as immediately after she leaves for a camp again..

Im missing her already, and together with her friend spreading information we rather keep private, im very tilted about not seeing her for so long. but it'll all be fine I guess..

Parents got home thursday afternoon after a 3 week holiday, and already used to them again (sigh). would have liked to see them gone for another week or something, but it's not so bad. My parents are in a much better mood after a sun overflown couple of weeks of relaxing, so they're not so much of a pain in the ass to me yet

Coming days, I dont have very much to do, might give a couple of friends a call to hang out or whatever, but im not so sure yet, might not be home, or not feeling like it or whatever. Nothing planned

POKER

Poker has been pretty quiet last couple of days because I was at my girlfriends place obviously. And given today I was tilted about the gf situation, and at Pokerstars, I haven't played a game in 3 days. Just no time, and not the right mood. I plan on playing sunday though. It's gonna be nothing fancy, just some low standard games on FTP, and maybe stars

about my stars account.
My sent in documents have been pronounced illegible twice so far, and the verification team takes like forever to respond to my emails. so in almost a week still no progression there.
DrJ even offered to email them, and use his skills, and connections with Pokerstars support to get my account unlocked as soon as possible. But he got ignored too. (thanks for trying though Jeroen)
Just this morning I sent in 3 huge copies of the required documents making sure the letters can even be read by blind people. Obv no response to that yet.
As I was in a bad mood, I decided to send a nasty email to stars support filing a complain against the verification department taking way too long answering emails. About 30 minutes later I received a reply from stars support saying they're on it, and everything is done to get this over with. (still with no response from the verification team though).

So i'll just have to wait some longer, and I hope that by tomorrow at latest, I will have my account reopened. So I might even be able to join in TP's freeroll the 11th. given the situation though, I'm still not having my hopes up too high.

have a good night surfers
till next update

Last edited by jappie007 : 08-07-2010 at 10:47 PM.

Old 08-07-2010, 11:45 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

WEEEE

Sunday 8-8-2010 1:03 AM.
just got my account reinstated after over 2 months of banishment. took me like 8 weeks to finally get my documents sent in, and another week to get everything the way they like it.

documents too vague
documents too small
wrong documents,
old documents etc. etc.

now long last they've opened it again. Cost me my name though
as my baptism name is Anthonius Johannes, and calling name Jasper, they've now changed my name to anthonius, and that's also how they address me in their emails. pretty stupid, but I can laugh about it.

obviously they didnt grant any of my requests I made in my first send-in. that's fine. I didnt expect anything, and asking never hurts.

also when i opened my account, there was only 652'ish in there, while in my memory I had 895'ish in there before the lockout. I immediately sent an email to stars asking for a transfer history, as I think I might have made a last minute transaction for a BAS or sth
either way. This means I have been overestimating my bankroll heavily. so Im a bit overinvested at the moment. and it's a bit of a smack to the head, as I was convinced I had more money in there.

oh well. I'll see when things are figured out.
so finally, i'll be able to put bankroll updates in my blog. Im not such a highroller as I expected, but It's still pretty decent, and more than I ever had online. let the growing of my bankroll begin
I'll add my investments to my bankroll as well, as that obviously still is my money Given I've done a lot of transactions on FTP lately, that roll is low at the moment hope the BAS horses will be running hot!

PS Bankroll: $652.46
FTP bankroll: $18.32
investments: $1055.02

totals: $1725.80

feel the strong urge to play some stuff on Pokerstars, but I should know better than spewing money at 1.45 AM
definitely gonna play this evening tho. likely a couple of the MTT's and SNG's on stars, and some SNG's on FTP.

have a jolly good night surfers
till next update

Old 08-08-2010, 11:54 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

LIFE

poker all day

POKER

must be the worst sunday ever for me in terms of losses. Ended down $73.35, as I just couldnt run deep in anything, and only mincashed 4 tourneys, combined with disconnecting for about an hour.

I emailed support asking for some refunds, but not expecting any to be really honest, so that sucks. on top of that no one I invested in for todays FTOPS managed to cash, so that's not going too good either

Dunno about tomorrow yet. probably playing a lot of SNG's on both stars and tilt, to try and grind up the roll again. roll update is a shame really as it's down a lot

Rolls pending investment update:

PS bankroll: $567.31
FTP bankroll: $25.62
Investments: $1055.02

totals: $1647.95

there's always tomorrow to profit again
till next update

Old 08-09-2010, 11:32 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

LIFE

decent. tomorrow back to work for my last official week as employee of homecare Holland. Had a nice long weekend, with lots of poker

Parents already start to annoy me again, so they're getting back to normal as well apparently. Got about 3 more weeks of summer holiday left after today, gonna make the most of it, pokerwise

Girlfriend is having a great time at sailingcamp, which is nice for her obv. looking forward to seeing her again this saturday.. only to see her leave sunday again.. FML oh well. Probably gonna spend that time with my friends returning from their holiday, hoping they're behaving better by now, or we're gonna have to have a little talk about it.

POKER

played a lot of poker today (for my standards at least) Did good in SNG's, and did crap in MTT's. In the end I made like $15 profit on the day. On the downside, KT's sunday million consortium ended way down, which means my investment value has gone way down, which means my roll has shrinked today after all fck u donkey

as a last bright side before updating my bankroll, Stars gave me a full $31 refund for the tourneys I busted from after disconnecting yesterday. very nice gesture of them ofcours, and im grateful for it

this makes my roll look as follows.

PS bankroll: $604.22
FTP bankroll: $29.92
Investments: $855.12

totals: $1489.26

pretty big loss, but it didnt come unexpected. hoping that frogman will have a good couple of days, and make me some profit, and obviously the other people I have shares in too!.

till next update

Old 08-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

LIFE

tired of working, and playing today. Gotta work a long day tomorrow, so gonna go to bed after this I think.

POKER

well thing standing out most tonight is my deep run in the 3.30 7.5K gtd tonight. finished 19th our of like 3500, for a measly 26.42, which im kinda tilted about. Played good all the way. just got 2 coolers that made me bust.

rest of the MTT's werent anything special. cashed the 2.20 12K gtd, and a 2.20 180 man. overall, I made a 4c profit on MTT's tonight, which is at least better than losing I guess. But I got so close again, and it's just tilting that I again fall short to final table an MTT this size...

also played a bunch of SNG's today. Did OK, profiting slightly over $20.. currently standing 65th, and 12th in respectively the low, and high orbit in mercury circuit. Which isn't gonna hold till the end of the week.
gonna be putting in some more volume in these 1.75 18 mans, as Im doing pretty good in them so far, and see if I can bink a good block.

Invested in stokes BAS today. 10 shares @ 6.5. and Im sure he's gonna pwn it, and make me money

bankrollupdate

PS bankroll: $559.96
FTP bankroll: $19.12
Investments: $920.12

totals: $1499.20

Old 08-11-2010, 11:16 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

Didnt play a lot today.
4 MTT's and TP's freeroll.
cashed in neither event as I wasnt really focussing, and playing pretty bad tbh. just finished a small surfers cashgame session with -$5 because TP managed to bink with the inferior hand twice for big pots.. w/e

wont do a roll update, but it's about -18 on the day, so that gives a pretty good indication I guess.

gotta work tomorrow again. so gonna go to bed now, as i've been up way too long for the past days, and sleep like 3 hours a night, which is far from enough.
Starting work at 1Pm tomorrow, so i should get a good nights rest tonight.

tomorrow. will be for grinding 18 mans, and hopefully improve both my low, and high orbit score in BoP. hoping to get in like 50 tomorrow. i'll see how focussed i am then. and adjust arcodingly.

till next update surfers
good night

Old 08-17-2010, 12:01 AM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

Hello surfers.

been a couple days since last update.. It's cuz I didnt feel like typing long updates as a consequence of losing money at the pokerz.. anyway. that hasnt changed yet, but I'll still make an update.

First of all, been spending the saturday with my girlfriend as she came back from her camp. she was tired and moody, so she kinda pissed me off throughout most of the day.. The sex we had more than made up for it though absolutely awesome.
Sunday morning she already left for her last week of camp/holiday with a friend of hers, so we couldnt enjoy each others company in a well rested state. we'll be spending next weekend at my place, and then both get ready for the schools starting again, which means we'll see eachother even less.
We've been together for 4 months now, and still going strong

Pokerwise, has been nothing but misery last week tbh. I've been losing a lot of money playing MTT's, and on a nasty losing streak in my SNG's. so my roll has been declining pretty significant in the last couple of days.
This also is a consequence of me investing in a couple of quickhitter BAS's, of which 100% ended in a failure Bluerain came closest to making me a lot of profit, but fck his life tbh..

on the bright side, Frogman has done decently last days, and managed to reach a first cashout point in his BIG BAS. So I got shipped $75 on FTP today which covers part of the losses made last days. keep pwning frogman!

Unfortunately my battle of the planet scores of last week did not suffice to reach the prizes in both the low and the high orbit. I'll be looking to get a decent score standing this week again. and hopefully earn some cash on that.
current records standing are:
Low: 396
High: 1298
so I will be looking to beat those this week. given my run so far, I havent got above 200 this week yet, but Much volume still to come
I've decided to let MTT's rest at the side for some time, as Im just not doing good in them at the moment. Coming weeks will be a lot about grinding 18 mans, and get into grinding out the 90 mans on FTP, which ive been looking to get into last month. I will start at the $3 level at both, Rake in the 18's is pretty nasty tbh, but im just not confident enough in my game to play the 6.50's.

so roll update.. bit painful. but oh well.

PS bankroll: $368.21
FTP bankroll: $155.72
Investments: $855.00

totals: $1378.93

Old 08-18-2010, 09:36 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

aghndfjgndkf my PC froze while I was typing my story of last night. the best evening of the year without doubt, and a lot of fun and bullshit

so here goes. I went out partying yesterday with a group of about 8-9 friends. As it wasnt very crowded, we had the dancefloor all to ourselves, which gives drunk people loads of ideas, and above all, opportunity to execute them. I think in the 4 hours we were there, we have done about every dancemove one can make up including several returning favourites as:

grossery shopping
toilet scrubbing,
teethbrushing,
golfing
tennis,
and not the forget..... manual stimulation

as the night went on, we got more and more drunk, and getting more and more fun ending in one guy in the group hitting on a girl, and taking it so far he got slapped in the face

at about 4AM, after a little bit of a recovery moment, me, my best mate, and two of our ladyfriends cycled home with eachother. halfway on the route we saw a lone shoppingcart standing deserted in a parking lot.. This obviously gives drunk people great ideas, and above all opportunity to execute them. which obv means, we dragged the cart up a hill, climbed in, and ride down very fat, very stupid, and very dangerous of course, but in the state we were in, that all didnt matter.

after a couple of rides, this got very boring tho.. and as it was just 4.30 at this point, we had a couple more ideas.. this ended in the cart being attached to one of our bikes with a piece of elastics..
someone takes place in the cart, someone else speeds the bike to as fast as possible, and then hit the break.. which ends in the cart racing past the bike, spinning out of control..

Best flipflipflipfliping night out ever.. still having a headache because of it.
havent played today, might get in a session in an hour or something, but not sure yet.

just felt like sharing this with you all

Old 08-20-2010, 04:52 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

hi surfers.

not really much up, just thought I'd make a little update on this as im not going to be on this weekend much.. leaving for the girlfriend this evening, as she's finally done with all here holidays and other obligations. ill spend the night there, and tomorrow we will go to my place, and party with my friends. sunday she's going home again, and I will have the time to log on and maybe even play, if nothing else pops up.

The week so far hasnt been great pokerwise. i'm down approx. $40 on 18 mans, which is less than I expected, but a loss is a loss, so i will be looking to get in some games, and win. Battle of the planets is officially not going to work this week my best blocks are 245, and 859 for respectively the low and the high orbit, which is miles away from any cashings

the bankroll is up since last time, as i've been running slightly better than earlier, and frogman has made another cashout after yesterdays good evening, so that's a good thing. im currently wrapping up my investments as much as possible for my first quarter of a year since I started tracking is ending. My sheet is getting a bit full so im wrapping this first quarter up in 1 entry, and start clean for the coming months.
still made a couple of Wcoop pledges though, as I have good faith in those ending profitably, and Im hoping to redeem part of the $400 ASB people owe me.

bankroll is as follows:

PS bankroll: $345.54
FTP bankroll: $195.37
investments $892.70

Totals: $1433.61

till next update surfers

Old 08-23-2010, 10:57 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

Sup surfers.

been away for a weekend with the girlfriend, meaning, romantic movies and stuff, and zero poker, so it's not gonna be hell of an interesting update. first off friday evening, we didnt really do much, she just got back, and was just very tired, so we went to sleep early. Saturday, we slept in late till like 2PM, we had breakfast, watched a dutch movie, and then went to diner with her parents and sister. A greek restaurant. The food was really good, and we had a nice chat. at about 9 we were getting ready to catch a train, and went to my house for partying with my friends. turned out rather horrible.. some people I have a deep hatred against, we invited as well, and I wanted to punch one guy so badly at one point, that we decided to go to the club earlier, and meet my friends there..
DJ sucked, music sucked, people sucked, meaning we were home before 1AM.. what a waste of a party.

sunday afternoon we went to the movies, with my uncle, aunt, and my sister. to the wonderfull third movie of the series twilight.. Im not a great fan of the series to be quite honest,but the movie was pretty decent, with some nice action, and ofc a big big portion of drama. after that we went out for diner with the 5 of us, on the costs of my aunt and uncle. This time we went to a steakhouse, where I had the most awesome lambchops. very tasty, and fun to be there.
After diner we were dropped off at her place again. we again went to bed pretty early, and didnt get up before 12AM today. lazyness at it's highest.
Naomi forced me in attending a birthday party,which also meant we had to go shopping for a present. birthday party ended up being pretty fun, as i get along really well with her friends. Took a train home after the party at about 7PM, to finally log onto surfers again

Pokerwise, has been quiet like I said, but yet my bankroll managed to grow a little with stokes, and frogman both shipping me moneys, and JRP losing his BAS unfortunately.
Im currently busy with setting up a new spreadsheet for the coming months, storing the old one, and put all relevant data in the new sheet. Im sorta newbish with excel, but I think Im doing pretty good with those formulae

bankroll's as follows:

stars: $411.14
FTP: $295.37
investments: $820

totals: $1526.51

see y'all tomorrow

Old 08-26-2010, 01:31 AM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

hello surfers.

thought i'd give an update on my blog etc. It's currently 3AM, and I just cant be bothered to go to sleep. instead, im just watching some poker, and playing a little.. I've been playing a lot today for my standards, played about 45 SNG's at the 3.40 level.. Im a bit frustrated with the results today. my first 2 sessions were brilliant and I was up $50 on the day, but in my final 2 sessions I lost most of it again due to terrible running.
I feel like im playing a really good game though, and Im confident that I am beating it. The rake is slightly problematic though, it's significantly higher than the rake at the 6.5's , but I want to play some more micro's before moving up to those.
I've been doing some studying of the game of 18 mans, and applying them in my game.. it's working out pretty decently so far, and good results will start to follow once I start running better.

I almost made silverstar for this month. I've got 13 more VPP's to go for that, meaning that tomorrow I will be there. Also I just unlocked a stellar reward. it's the one for 3000 VPP's this year, so that's an extra $10 for me

looking to unlock the next one of 4000 yearly VPP's, by the end of september, and then start on the $50 rewards.

overall managed to make a little profit on SNG's today, so bankroll is like +$15 including the stellar reward. Achieving silverstar will mean I start accumulating VPP's more quickly. as a consequence ive started browsing the vipstore for some fun stuff to buy of my FPP's. my number 1 at this point is a 22" PC monitor for 20K FPP's.. that's gonna be a while to reach, but a fun goal to look forward to.

I'll spare u guys a bankroll update, as it's not that much different from last time, and im lazy.. gonna finish my episodes, and go to sleep, have a good night surfers

Old 08-27-2010, 02:07 AM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

good day,
made money playing 18 mans, and ran pretty good for most part.

BoP score is still kinda low at 336, and with 915 w/ 20 games to go, the highorbit is possible, but I will need to score at least 400 in my last block.

bankroll:

stars: $470.22
FTP: $279.87
investments: $820

totals:$1570.09

4AM so have a happy doodle day

Old 08-28-2010, 01:40 AM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

sup people.

played some poker today, not really a swingy day.. won $20 on 18 mans. was heading for an absolute monster session, with 5 bigstacks on 5 bubbles, but it ended in 2 4ths, 2 3rds, and a 1st. showdowns were a bitch at that time.

336 is still my highest 20 game block.. currently on 153 with 10 remaining.
currently got 1068 in the high orbit, with also 10 remaining games, means it's gonna be tough to make the week's top 100, but im aiming to at least beat my PR of 1298.

played the $11 5CD extreme satelite. extremely + EV with 50 seats added with 700 entrants. played a good game overall, then I got A2345 in the hole, and got 2 callers on my potbet.. 1 reg, and a fish.. the fish drew to a flush, and made it for a 6700 pot, being huge at that time, and im confident I could have shipped that ticket easily with my play and that stack, so sorta sour.

also played a few tourneys on FTP, ran gross in most of them, but managed to get semi deep in the EDB, from which I busted in 55th, for a loss covering amount of money.

Just got into staking a bit on PTP, as I have funds to invest, but little BAS's on surfers. hoping all goes well there.

bankroll update time

PS: 429.12
FTP: $276.18
investments: $870

totals: $1575.30

good night surfers

Old 08-30-2010, 08:51 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

sup surfers. today was the first day of the new school year for me. uni decided to not give me any notification as to startdate, schedule, class announcements, introduction days, which means I missed my first day of school, and I still dont know anything about the matter... Will be heading to Amsterdam tomorrow afternoon to attend a class, and get to know more about my class, and group divisions, and buy my books.

What a way to start your new year

pokerwise it's been going pretty good, played on both sites.. lost a bit on FTP, won some more on stars. so overall the BR should be a little up. with the new month starting soon, I espect some BAS's to fire up for the month so Im hoping to be a rich man after this month.

not really much more to report about, bankroll currently is $1570.26. meaning it hasnt really changed much.

GL in the new month surfers!

Old 09-01-2010, 06:04 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

New month, New chances.

August hasnt been bad to me pokerwise, even though i probably made a loss playing. I have come to the conclusion that my MTT game is insufficient to make continuous deep runs, and profit on them. therefore I have decided to let those rest for a bit. With the exception of a couple of weekend runs to get a survivor score submitted
because of this I have chosen to dive into 18 man SNG's, starting at the 3.40 level. Im currently playing them with a mild succes, but looking to improve my stats in them. Over August they look like this:

jappie007 265 $0 $3 5% $49

Not outstanding, but given I went on a little bit of a downswing at the start of the month, not turning around till like my last 100 games it's Ok I guess. at least I made some profit. Looking to double the ROI to 10-11% over the course of September, with probably a little more volume. Im not yet looking to move up in stakes. even though the rake in the 3.40's is terrible compared to the 6.50, im comfortable playing them for another couple of weeks/ months.

my lifetime graph in these currently looks as follows. gonna be tracking this graph for the coming times, or at least aiming to do that given I tend to lose interest pretty quickly normally

Investment wise, It's been so-so for me. I did make profit, but frogman is the only reason I realised that. I invested in a lot of quickhitters, which all failed to make the expected return.

with 5 running investments over the period of May-August, my results on investments look as follows:

Attachment below*

Current investments for this period are
VBC - $100
DrJ - $90
Frogman - $500
Hesaf - $100
Reginator - $30

Im starting a new sheet for the period September 1st till December 31st as the current one is pretty crowded...

I've set myself a couple of goals to achieve for this months. I'll update them during the course of September, and obviously hope to make them all.

- Do well in Uni
- Do well in the relationship w/ my girlfriend

- play 300+ $3.40 18 mans and profit
- Maintain Silverstar
- Clear my 5th stellar reward Bonus
- Dont get booted from the Survivor competition

That's about it for this update
cya
Attached Images
File Type: jpg excel.jpg (25.1 KB, 86 views)

Last edited by jappie007 : 09-01-2010 at 06:12 PM.

Old 09-06-2010, 03:39 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

soo..
School started again as of today. had my first 2 classes today, and im quite enthousiastic about the discussed topics. As some of you may not know, Im starting my 2nd year at university of Amsterdam as a 1st years student in communication science.
Basically the 2 classes I had today were about Human societies, and social human behaviour, which were both very interesting. Im looking forward to tomorrows college in which we'll be presented with our working groups for the first semester.

Pokerwise there's not much to talk about. only played a couple of sessions since last update, Made a couple of $$ profit, so all is well I guess. Will be looking to get at least 2 sessions in tonight, to stay on pace for Silverstar
picking up profit on the way ofc

roll stands at about 1700, still moving in the right direction.

Poker Forum | Poker Staking

Poker Site Reviews
Titan Poker Pokerstars William Hill Bodog Carbon Poker Ladbrokes Party PokerCake Poker