Surfers Poker, Poker Forum

Go Back   Surfers Poker - Poker Forum > Poker Blogs and Poker Entertainment > Poker Blogs
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2010, 07:00 PM
Elite Supernova Staker II
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

Staker Points: 21892.25
TPS: 9305.13
Plays at : pokerstars
jappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via MSN to jappie007

meh, intended to do the essay this night, but I really dont feel like staying up till 4 AM tonight. So gonna start on it now instead. Wanted to play for the BAS tonight, but that's gonna make place for schoolwork.. Sorry for that.

Got in a good deal of cash in the afternoon. near 3K hands. earned about 180VPP's, first session was rather ridiculous. A lot of big hands. First lost 2 buyins with KK<88 on 973, and then JJ<66 on 852, Followed by 88>JJ on J88 broke even that sesh.
Second sesh I got a lot of action on my hands, and was up $50 halfway through. Then It turned pretty nasty with running QQ into KK, 22<66 on 62JJx, and JJ into AA twice. Ended on an OK'ish profit of $14
Cant complain I think, Improved my BB/100 to 3.73, and earned a lot of VPP's to be ahead of schedule by a day now. By tomorrow I will be Silverstar again for the first time in 3 months. and hopefully goldstar by the end of the month. Want to get ahead of pace by 3 days, and be able to slack a bit.

Well essaytime now. Need to come up with a proper statement first, and get a bunch of good sources to use. Write a decently convincing story of 1000-1300 words, and go to bed. have a good night guys

monthly VPP's

Old 12-08-2010, 12:21 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

jappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

Well, that didnt go as planned.. Didnt have the motivation to get started, and was wandering around the internet, trying to come up with an idea, but not really trying Ended up doing only half of it, and the next half yesterday afternoon. Not happy with the endresult, It's probably a fail..
Having a busy couple of days ahead, with another article deadline, and a presentation on friday. Gonna finish those tonight when I get home from the girlfriend. Thursday will be the first day dedicated to the BAS again I think. Aiming to get in a solid session, with a decent profit.

Played some cash yesterday, but not a lot, in the end I got in like 1100 hands for a -$12.. Pretty frustrating session. Started off playing poorly, and losing like 2 buyins. Looked up, and got up to +$10. In like the last 10 minutes I squeezed in 120BB's with JJ over a 3bet 30BB shove and a call by 130BB known idiot. The idiot takes 30 seconds to call with AQ . I feel it coming tho, the board comes Qxxxx, and the idiot scoops it all.. Last 5 minutes lost QQ<AA for like 70 bigs to end the session.

Halfway through the session I got Silverstar status. This is the earliest in a month ever that I reached silverstar, and Im still near a day ahead of pace. It's gonna be tough to maintain that tho given my busy schedule for the coming days.

for now:
Monthly VPP's: 793.96

Old 12-08-2010, 11:46 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

Gosh, blog is closing in on 1000 views. I've never kept a blog active for such a period of time... Hope my effort in keeping you all updated on my life status is appreciated. I'm gonna keep updating this anyway so fck all haters

Got to get up early tomorrow.. Dentist appointment at 9AM. Why 6 months back I agreed on going there at 9Am I do not know. at least it means that Im awake and up for grinding.
Gonna be BAS'ing most of the day I think, and probably most of the night too. BAS has been slacking a bit since past week has been busy and I could get called away every instant meaning that I couldnt play tourneys without risking myself blinding out when I had to go.

Played some cash today with decent succes. How I ever managed to profit my first session is a big question, got raped hard with the sickest hand being my nutflush losing to a straightflush.. Didnt play good for part of the session, but rungood got me there really.
Second session I played really good for most part, made mistakes for 2 stacks tho meaning the profit was still fairly marginal. Got in like 2800 hands today for a $20'ish profit (7.1BB/100)
Tables were really aggro today making VPP accumulation easy. earned like 200 today Means at this point im ahead of pace by almost 2 days, gonna play at least an hour tomorrow between SNG sessions to make that 2.5 days or sth. FPP's are raking crazy fast ATM. never realised that being silverstar makes such a difference in that. Will not be long before I will buy something nice from the store

Investmentwise It's going pretty poot. the one night that apparently everyone decides to run a quickhitter im not online to take shares.. sigh*
Im only invested on the site for like 200 ATM, with about a 100-150 in pledges if Im correct. Hoping that soon the real profitable players start putting up longer term BAS's again, cuz I have the monnies ATM.

That's it for tonight, Gonna go to bed now.. (yes before 1AM ) and I'll be there again tomorrow morning goodnight and ship big while im off

Monthly VPP's: 993.27

Old 12-09-2010, 11:20 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

BARF..

dissappointing day for the BAS.. first I take another 4th in a 6.50 90 man to make yet another small profit on those, and then I disconnect sitting with a topstack in the $4 turbo
Lost $8 on BAS today over like 20'ish tourneys.. just reconnected so didnt get to put in anything else...

tomorrow the GF comes over for the weekend meaning i'll lose pace for goldstar. It's late now to start a short cashsession as I have school tomorrow morning..

sigh day sigh result
Maybe if I get back from school in time I manage to get in like 1 hour of cash to keep myself ahead, but I doubt im gonna be home early. gonna go to bed now. Wishing DrJ and TP the best in the BCOOP rebuy. Chop it HU guys

Old 12-13-2010, 02:36 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

Probably gotta say sunday was good yesterday.. got +$226 on the day. Yet pretty dissappointed with the number. got 9th in the 5.50 20K gtd. for $300. went to FT sitting 4/9, and almost instantly spew 75% of my stack on a play I still support, but happened to be a mistake preflop.

oh well. FT'd an MTT I guess, see if I can get something rolling in the last 20 days of my BAS. roll at this point is 1300'ish which is +500.

slacking on pace for goldstar ATM. only earned 1064 this month, meaning I need 234 more to be on pace again, so gonna start a cash session after submitting this entry. Yesterday was brutal for cash btw. lost near 5 buyins in like 20 minutes so quit immed knowing sunday isnt the day..

playing MTTs again this evening. more FT's next update.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:35 AM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

Cash went pretty bad. played about 3K hand for +$3. nothing close to what it should be, but given I was down 5buyins early I guess I cant complain. big sesh helped me get back on pace for goldstar again.

MTT"s went OK. got superclose in the 3.30 5K gtd (15th). played very good again, but lost a monsterflip to leave me crippled. Getting really close tho. gonna keep playing MTT's and bink that big score before the end of the month.
also cashed miniFTOPS 5card draw, had good perspectives going deep in that, but totallly missread a hand for a 100K stack, to leave me crippled.

all in all +40 on the day. better than losing I guess. ttyall tomorrow.

monthly VPP's:

Old 12-14-2010, 02:22 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

cash is treating me so ridic bad last couple of days. Just played another long session, planned on playing longer, but too goddamn tilted to play any further. play an hour profiting a steady 300BB. then in 15 minutes drop 5 buyins on 66<88 on 86JJ, KK<AA, KK<QQ, AJ<86 on AJ579, and JJ<KK bvb on AJT again should be up like 1000BB's, instead I lose 2 buyins
not gonna bother continue playing running like that... earned my VPP's for the day in 2K hands, and leaving for a meeting in an hour and a half..

might play if I get back early, but unlikely to happen. ttyall later today.
monthly VPP's: 1428.30

Old 12-16-2010, 03:52 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

same story as past updates. got superclose in an MTT again. 17th in the 3.30 7.5K gtd. cashed for $40'ish meaning I still made a loss on the day. I dont encounter these past close calls as demotivating though. Where in the past I would nit up, and cripple myself by folding, I now go for the chiplead and try and get myself in great shape at the FT. Fact that I lose the crucial hands where I would become chipleader doesnt help tho. Gonna continue playing MTT scheds, and try to get that 4 figure bink for the BAS.

Gonna try to bink again tonight. similar schedule adding 90's to reduce variance (although 90's caused yesterday's $loss). probably not going to make goldstar this month, as my weekend will be busy and Im off pace by 60VPP's already, and thats gonna be like 200 by the end of the weekend..

now updating my BASsheets etc, and start seshing. GL to everyone tonight

Old 01-17-2011, 03:23 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

hi guys.
It's been a long time since my last update of this. Over a month already. Means a lot has happened on surfers, on stars/tilt, and in my life, Gonna do a little recap of recent events, and promise to be updating this more often.

First of all, I finished my BAS on December 30th with an ending roll of 1280 (+$480). would have liked to have made that last minutes bink again like last year, but it wasnt meant to be really. ofc first the 9th place in the $5.50 20K gtd which really was the biggest chance to get anywhere with this BAS. Later on FTP i managed to take 4th in a $10 superturbo for $174, which was decent, but again sour as I lost a crucial flip and a 60/40 for respectively a huge chiplead, and a realised comeback.
Next another deep run in a 6.40 superturbo where I busted 9th after 88<A6 for commanding chiplead going to the FT. It's been frustrating, but motivating at the same time. Im getting closer, but still not quite there.
2011 will be my year!

Second of all, happy new year guys. my newyears eve was a lot of fun getting extremely drunk with my girlfriend, and party till the early hours. and go to sleep at 7.30 AM, wake up at 2PM, and not feel hung over.... good times

January is the month of no college. there's the week for resits, and a week for exams. besides that, there's a big assignment that I have to hand in on the 28th of january. A lot of time to study, but also a lot of time to play poker.
Had my resit last friday (after I overslept my first official attempt), and I felt pretty good afterwards, although it was awkward to have felt to have studied to little, yet be done in less than an hour without using my calculator. Yet I feel like i've passed it.
next week's the week of the official 2nd period exams. Not taking them so seriously, as 1 of the exams appears to be an easy joke with the questions being the same each year. so that wont take a lot of time. The other subject will be way too tough given I didnt attend colleges for it, nor made assignments, so im gonna worry about that one, the next resit.
my theoretical paper is going fine I think. Im not that far yet, but Im sure I will be done in time, and that it will be sufficient. Ive done great for that course so far (to my surprise time after time ) and im just doing my thing (juhweetzelluf)

14 january off course my birthday Thanks to all for congratulating me. Birthday was nice, with good gifts (Bassie en adriaan box containing all the movies being one of them)
night of my birthday I left with my girlfriend to the north of the country to spend the weekend at a bungalow park. costfree cuz her parents financed it. cool weekend filled with swimming, sightseeing, and relaxing. Just got back from there to update all of you.

Tonight's gonna be pokertime. Put up a quickhit BAS for $1.46/ share for a bunch of micro/low/medium stuff. been playing good lately, so I hope I can continue at this level of play. at moment of typing this, there's still shares left, so if u read this, and u are interested in buying some. be quick!

that's it for now. new updates will follow soon

Old 01-20-2011, 04:19 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

sup.

BAS went pretty bad. played good, ran bad in most of it resulting in 3 mincashes. Donked off in a 22 I was deep in for extra bad feeling. roll ended at like $60.. So gonna use that to play a couple of MTT's + 180's tonight. If that doesnt end in a profit, im just gonna end it, as it was a QH anyway..

Passed my resit with 30/43 points, means with my bonuspoint i'll end at about a 7.3/10 or sth, pending the gradingsheet.

Old 01-24-2011, 03:18 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

on the verge of breaking up with my gf... fml

Old 01-27-2011, 04:03 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

talked to her for ages. and a lot became clear.
im sure we will get through it, but it will take a lot of time on both our parts to solve the damage.
I wont go into detail what exactly happened. The smoke is just clearing, and after this weekend I will know what will happen to us.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

hey guys. time for a little update.

finally through with the most busy, and definitely one of the most important weeks of my life, with, exams, deadlines, and a severely struggling relationship. It's been a real challenge getting through it, but in the end given the circumstances it came out ok I think.

finished my theoretic paper couple of hours before deadline, and was pretty happy about the level of research that I had done. might be some things wrong with it, but Ive got confidence it is satisfactory.

Exams were meh... passed my resit on statistics, and failed statistics part II.. Dunno about the exam social sciences, but it's gonna be close really

Spent the weekend with my girlfriend for most part. We went to see a new dutch movie called "loft" which turned out to be pretty good and funny. slept in late on sunday after which I went to a live pokertournament as a dealer.. and earned some money, and ofc learned a lot.

after that spent another night with my girlfriend, and the weekend was over again. 5 days of college this week, which is pretty intense compared to what i am used to. feel refreshed tho, and happy that things are going to work out btween me and the gf. gonna be an interesting semester, and i feel ready for it.

might even play some poker tonight, but not completely sure about that yet. Got my rakebackdeal on FTP at last, so it seems stupid to not take advantage of that 27% I get back there. When playing I'll probbaly combine 45's with 90's again, and go try get a decent profit on the night. Would be nice to enter the grinding scene once again

ttya later

Old 02-02-2011, 10:58 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

played both yesterday and today, running brutally bad, losing like $70 yesterday, and against all odds profited $20 today.. Feeling pretty good about my game. Been reading several articles on strategy, and started reading and posting on 2p2, which in terms of strategy is on a complete different level as Surfers..
Building stacks is going decent ATM, but winning crucial allins deeper in is where I tend to lose my money. It's most likely a combination of skewed shovingranges, and runbad, but Im busy fixing those leaks ASAP.
Plans on getting back into the grinding scene are taking shape, played 2 full evening sessions the last 2 days, which is only 16 games, but pretty decent still. FTP is going to be my new playground. Ive got my rakeback deal, and games that are fun to grind for most part 45/90's. Both have very good structures, and fill frequently. At this point im playing $3.30 and 5.50 90's/45's as a lack of funds on FTP, and selfexclusion at Pokerstars. IT's a level I'm comfortable at tho. Hoping to move up to 6.50 90's soon, and later also adding 11 45 mans and 13 90 mans.

On stars I will be cashing out a lot soon for the nearing summerholiday to Indonesia. Gonna stay on stars for the 18 mans and maybe the 45 mans (although they have a worse structure than on FTP afaic) Let's see if I can succeed as a SNGgrinder, starting at the low stakes, and moving up sooon

Old 02-03-2011, 04:49 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

soo.

just finished my cashout request for Pokerstars. Couldnt have done it without DrJ's help. He somehow had access to several bankdetails I didnt even know of cashed out $2K which is converted to something like 1466-67. Hope the request passes, and I'll have the euro's to pay for my ticket to Indonesia this summer soon.

Means pending investments , and pending the acceptation of my cashout request,, Im gonna be about broke on Pokerstars, means starting all over again. Doesnt bother me a lot tho.. Maybe I'll try get a backer for my 18man action, combined with my FTP action, but I'll see that once the cashout is proceeded.

IT's kinda shitty because there is a lot of pressure on it. all of a sudden gf's parents booked the tickets and I have to pay in like a week... we'll see if it gets through and otherwise i'll have to get money from somewhere else.. hoping it wont be necessary tho

Old 02-03-2011, 10:57 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

Played some stuff on FTP this evening. PLanned on making it a double session, but the first session ended kind of late, meaning starting another session would take till past my bedtime. I have college tomorrow morning 11 AM, so not going to go for that obviously.

Today was OK results wise. out of 16 games, I managed to take 4th in a 45 man, and ship a 90 man, which including KO's makes a decent $40 ish profit. Feel Im playing better than ever ATM, recognising more shoving spots, make better calls, handle a big stack better etc. That said, there's still potential leaks in my game, being I might stack off too lightly once I get deeper in my SNG's. I will be looking to fix that ASAP, to improve my pokerskills.
Shortterm goals (now --> 2 months or sth) at this point are to keep practicing my game, make profit, and potentially get a backer, and move up in stakes.

DrJ has shown interest in taking my 18man action on stars. which is good of course, since Im going to be pretty much broke on stars after the cashout (have like 400 in investments standing out), which I might cash out sooner or later upon those investments ending.
Next to that I will also be trying to sell my 45/90 man action, and try make a decent profit out of the grinding of SNG's. Im not sure whether or not to BAS the action because that means I have obligations towards surfers rules, and with a single/ 2 backer(s) it's easier to compromise, which surely in a longterm horse-backer relationship makes things easier.
For now it's not a big worry tho. First improve my game, and show a good profit before I can even hope for getting backed..

Tomorrow will be a single session most likely. I've got tennispractice till late in the evening, and college in the morning, so I wont have a lot of time to commit to the pokerz, even tho I feel supermotivated to play at the moment.
The weekend will be low volume as well. Saturday Im going to my girlfriend, of whom I wont come back till sunday afternoon, meaning there's 1 day of volume gone at least. Sunday evening im getting back to the grind tho. Might want to take a shot at the iron man challenge this month.. Got enough points every day this month (woooot 3 days), and It might look nice at the tables

bedtime now, college tomorrow morning at 11 till like 3-4 PM, which talking about it means after all I wont even be able to put in a single session till late at night after tennis practice.. oh well.

gn all

Old 02-05-2011, 12:22 AM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

Squeezed in a late session after tennis, which was put to a halt early because of storm winds. I played well again, and ran well too!.... in the first 3/4 of the session... in the end I shipped a 90 man to save the day, but bubbled 2 of them, and luckily mincashed 1 after busting on the bubblehand. Also bubbled a 45 man on a horrible cooler AQ<AK button vs BB..
Got lucky on the final table of the 90 I shipped tho, took the last hand with a miracle river for all the chips in play, and made a bunch of KO's to end the day +$25'ish excluding RB
fine, but missed out on a potential (in my terms) monsterday.. Oh well, playing good, getting better, making profit..

no playing tomorrow I think. Maybe I'll play a morning session, but knowing myself thats more of an illusion Going for a hopefully great weekend with my girlfriend, and get back on sunday to play again.. The week has been tiring, but my poker is motivating, and getting better

FTP bankroll as of now is 200'ish. looking up

Old 02-07-2011, 02:25 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

USD 2000.00 (EUR 1466.65) has been credited to your Direct Bank Transfer account

So Gonna receive my money soon enough to pay for my holiday. good stuff because im getting pressured pretty severely into paying up.. (dont book it without letting me know first then)... Anyway somewhere during the week I will be able to access it

Sunday sucked as usual, so a relatively big loss wasnt much of a surprise to me. Played well overall, may have been a little less focused due to skype and stuff. ran OK in the beginning, but lost every hand I got into when going semideep. resulting in a 4th place in a 90 man + a bunch of KO's for a -$40 day or something. Not too bad, but my roll isnt big anymore to begin with
Gonna play more today. Currently busy with an afternoon sched of 90's and 18's on Tilt and Stars , and an evening grind planned on FTP again.
Given I traded some dollars for Euro's Yesterday with my trainer, my roll is even smaller, so Im probably going to put up a small BAS for my SNG action for the coming 2 weeks or sth (unless I bink a good session this afternoon, or tonight)

Updates to follow later tonight

Old 02-08-2011, 11:09 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

yo

Time for a recap on yesterday and today. Yesterday similar to sunday sucked, with a minuscule profit in my afternoon session, and a $40' ish loss in the evening session, meaning my roll took a bump in the last 2 days. Stood at $48 on FTP, and $17 on stars. Im struggling with my bubble play ATM, Im bubbling an extraordinary % of the 90's I play, and It's kind of frustrating to only cash 1 tourney per session, and bubble twice as much..
THis probably means I should start shoving tighter, I see myself loosen up too much trying to abuse the bubble, and get hurt by shorter stacks who cant fold anymore.. Something to look at on the shortterm.

For today It was pretty similar again, played a full sesh of 90 mans, and got a 12th, a 14th and a 1st.. means I profited good, but the 2 bubbles are putting me to doubt about my game. Going to request a couple of tournament histories of deep ish runs, and see how I play those phases.

either way +$30 on the day with the 90 man ship +KO's. which feels good, as it shows my FT play is good I think. Roll stands slightly below $80 on FTP, and is unchanged on Pokerstars today. earned $12 in rakeback past week, so Im $100+ again effectively. Besides that, Max whom I invested $180-210 in shipped the $44 turbo to get back on starting roll, which at this point means a lot to me as its 2/3 of my roll invested there.

To reduce variance of my bankroll (playing sessions buying in with my entire bankroll is bound to go wrong) I put up a BAS, selling my SNG action on both stars and FTP. Still plenty of shares left, so those reading better buy some soon. Eager to start, and make money for surfers. Feeling dedicated and motivated to play again (even though im not doing that great lately), and will dedicate as much of my time as I have to play.
shares ar $6 a piece, and at least 55 still remain. I might take some myself towards the end, as the amount I can take varies per day

Tomorrow is gonna be a day off for me, although I might play a session at night. Going to Rotterdam for the ABN tennis tournament with a couple of friends. Making it a good day out to watch some good tennis, and have some fun. ttyall tomorrow

Old 02-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

yo.
Yesterday was pretty cool, ABN Amro tournament Im talking about of course. Saw a lot of good players, and quality matches.. forgot about it, but the real thing is so much more spectacular to see than the stuff you see on television. Didnt bother getting any autographs as it was kidsday (flipflipflipflip sake) and every pro was surrounded by little screaming kids.

BAS sold out yesterday, played the first small session today losing $40 on 18 mans. not a big deal yet. Lots of SNG's yet to come, and when I get the hang of grinding again, dollars will fly into our pockets
Also finally have my 1500 cash-out in my bank account, meaning I'll be able to pay the 1100 for my vacation and still have spending money left. which for safekeeping I will book into another account as I'm a real life spewmonkey

Firing up another session now, and update later tonight with the overall result.. *crosses fingers

later

Old 02-14-2011, 12:17 AM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

sup.

not going to be a big update.. Went clothes shopping yesterday, got some cool shoes, and some standard stuff. Jeans, shirts, sweaters etc. after that, girlfriend arrived to party the weekend.
We went out to party, and got wasted, threw up, and we both fell asleep halfway through sex, which turned out awkward when we woke up 4 hours later Obv finished the job

spent the day watching movies with her.. Vampires suck, harry potter and the deathly hallows, and part of the green mile, which I just finished on my own (still an awesome movie afaic) drove her to the train station at 7.30 PM, and got on with the grind for my BAS.

Played 2 sessions tonight. decent volume I guess. Poor results tho. lost $30 in my first session after a couple of key beats for heaps. 2nd session went +$20 for the first profitable session since the starting of the BAS. shipped a 45 man early to freeroll the session, but didnt get passed 2 8th places in 3.3 90's to close it off. BAS roll stands at $400'ish at this point, which is -$200 over like 70-80 games. pretty bad start, but here the turnaround starts

valentines today here, might get to play a sesh or 2 in the morning, but after that leaving for the girlfriend and spent the evening there not a clue yet on what to buy her, but it better be good xD.. gonne brainstorm now.
feeling the need to go over some HH's, but I just cba ATM.

ttyal

Old 02-15-2011, 12:46 AM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

Good day today weeee

first off, valentines day!, the brainstorming from previous post was stopped by the sudden impulse of going to sleep.. so bought her a card this afternoon, and wrote a sweet little poem for her, which definitely did a lot of good proven her reaction Had dinner with her and her friends + bf's whom are all cool guys and gals. Lots of beer, and meat later, back into the train as we both have school tomorrow

Pokerwise was also great for me. after running bad most of the morning session I squeezed in a nice little luckboxing for a +$56 session. and the evening session I just finished went +$100'ish after 3 90 man cashes, and a 45 ship.. Means a + $160-170 day for the BAS which is almost break even again (-$15). Fresh motivation again as is standard with good days.
Got to figure out how to get FTP to send me tournament histories in text form, as I dont like the replayer thing much at all.

As I said, school tomorrow. Going to set myself the goal to get up at 9.30 this morning, and grind out a session, but im pretty sure I will fail at that w/e plan on getting in at least 1 session tomorrow, and 2 if I manage to get up early.

gn to u all

Old 02-20-2011, 10:43 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

yoo!
happy sunday all. been a couple of days since last update, so i'll update the without a doubt stunningly exciting story of my life..
Sooo. went to gf this weekend, had a party, got drunk, slept till late, got up, ate, went to the train, and got home to grind poker.

+$100'ish day today after a good session of 45/90's on FTP, and a small loss on stars 18's (they suck on sundays) puts the BAS at +$250 or sth after the good FTP results lately. nice comeback after the horrid start.
Leafs has been kind enough to go over some HH's with some interesting outcomes for as far as p/f ranges go. This is something I def need to work on as it's costing money ATM.

got school tomorrow morning, and after that feedback period on my failed theoretical paper def need to be around tomorrow.
probably getting in a decent volume tomorrow of 30-50 games as volume for the rest of the week will be somewhat lower due to school activities, and assignments etc.

have a good sunday guys

Old 02-21-2011, 10:03 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

Been a decent day of playing. got in 40 games for +$60 which is decent enough. gonna try get up early tomorrow to play a sesh, but I doubt I will succeed.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:32 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

update time

Obv didnt get up early as was my goal in the previous post. In fact in the past week the earliest ive got up was past 11AM. Not really something to be proud of. It's been a fun week tho with poker, college activities, and girlfriend coming over.

Last week wednesday must have been the funnest day of the year so far. Organized an activity with my commission at college called "verzuipen in Mokum" (translated: Drowning in Amsterdam) which consisted of an afternoon full of crazy tasks which could be completed for points.
to give u a clue i'll give an impression of what tasks were there.
Kiss a stranger (age is the number of points) --> lesbian action on camera here
open a can of beer through the bottom and chuck it down
go to a house ask if u can go to the toilet, and steal the airrefreshener

People went totally nuts trying to get as many points as possible. After that we went partying and all got really really really drunk. Managed to just catch an early train home, and opened my door at 7.30 AM
No time to sleep tho as girlfriend was to arrive that morning.. picked her up half hungover and spend the day with her..
She told me about her friend telling her about breaking her record having sex 4 times in 24 hours, which was something we had to beat ofc :P.
I've been hurting ever since

Anyway fun week meant low volume on poker. didnt play anything for nearly a week. making up for that today, tomorrow, friday and saturday probably. Got in almost 50 games today for a $80'ish profit.. Also profited $30 in cash today so today was definitely not bad for me.

Current BAS is up $400 ATM with about a week more to play.
for the coming month (March 10th till April 10th) I've set up a new bigger BAS including $13 KO's and $11 45's on FTP. It sold out in 5 minutes so no worries there. With Frogman and Nighttrain as big investors I can ofc go to them for some expertise hopefully improving my game as we progress through the month. Havent played the 13's and 11's yet, but frogman says they're really similar to the 6.5's and 5.5's.. and he knows best..

gonna go to sleep now, go do schoolstuff tomorrow, and grind afterwards.
gn all

Old 03-15-2011, 02:54 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

New BAS is underway. it's been kind of stable over 250 games so far. losing $6 over that sample which obv is not a big deal, but i'm much rather profiting tons. plan on playing a decent session after I finish this update. Get in a good 30-40 games before dinner hopefully.
I've been running rather sour in 18 mans lately. which is a combination of rungood, light shoves, and fancy play. Gonna try and alter that trend today and make a decent profit for the BAS.

Got resits and exams coming up the next 2 weeks, meaning volume will drop a little in order to pass those tests. got 4 tests of which I want to pass at least 2, and preferably all 4 . Gonna require some discipline, but after last years failure I think ive learned enough
Expect to play some poker in between study sessions just to take my mind of school for a couple hours. Projected volume for the month was a mere 400-500 games. im halfway there on the first 5 days so im going to at least play 600 games for the BAS. no worries

Old 03-18-2011, 01:11 AM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

Volume has been good the last days played about 150 SNG's in the past 2 days, and after last session im finally looking up in the progress of my BAS. Had a good day of 90's on FTP shipping a 3.30 and a 13, and taking 2nd in a 6.50. 18's and 45's on stars went break even on the day, which considering a lot of runbad was nice as well.

Made silverstar since yesterday, for the first time since December I think. Aiming to get at least 1500 VPP's for the month, and actually profit along the way after a current 500 game downswing/ break even stretch in 18's

School and studying tomorrow, so probably little to no volume tomorrow. Also going away for the weekend, and exams starting monday, so there's gonna be a little gap in my activity on surfers.. I'll be here tomorrow for a bit I think tho

Old 04-11-2011, 06:47 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

wow It's been near a month since i've last update this blog. Shows how bad I am at keeping blogs running. oh well. Time for a new update starring the Life and lies of Jappie.

Let's start off with life .
Life's good really. still together with my girlfriend approaching our 1 year anniversary coming wednesday. She fled to Rome for the coming 10 days tho so no hustle with presents and shit for this week at least. . When she gets back i'll make sure to have a nice piece of jewelry ready for her. probably a bracelet as I detest rings Still in love with her the same as before. really looking forward towards our summer in Indonesia, which will be an awesome experience, and a test at the same time (who knows 3 weeks on each others lip might be terrible for us)

School is going OK'ish had a soso exam period passing 1/4 tests, pending 1 result, which is gonna be a coinflip between a pass and a fail really. Big project on Logo alteration kicked off last week giving me a lot of reading and writing to do, which is timeconsuming, but rather interesting to my own surprise. With the nice weather outside studying is going to be more easy thanks to the positive vibes, so Im sure im going to have a good 4th period before the summerholidays.

Tenniscompetition kicked of again, which is something I want to be more elaborate about because I want to remember this for next year. The competition is always the kick-off for the approaching season where we're placed in a team facing other teams in a 6-match match every week. 4 singles and 2 doubles. My team for this competition is "Irminloo 2" consisting of me and 4 other teammates
If you're interested u can follow my progress via the following link, and check on individual matchresults by clicking on the overall result for the specific week.
-http://mijn.knltb.nl/KNLTBbeheer/Poulezoek/tabid/163/mid/529/ItemID/116845/CID/0/language/en-US/Default.aspx

after our 2nd place debut in this class last year, and after having improved our team with a new young talent we're aiming for this year's championship, and promovation to 4th class.
Our quest started off with a nice succes being a 5-1 victory against "Dedemsvaart 2" immediately putting us in a tied 1st place after one week of matches.
I won my singles match fairly easily against a player classed the same as I am. cracked him mentally in the 2nd game by opening with 3 straight aces and a 4th hit he could hardly touch. ended in a 6-2 6-2 victory for me.
After a pathetic singles match of one of my teammates we headed towards the doubles games with a 3-1 lead.
As good as I served in my first match, is how bad I served in my doubles match. I opened with an ace, but only hit 2 more for the rest of the match we lost first set with 4-6 after being up 3-0 in the start.
second set wasnt much better. and at 4-5 we had a matchpoint against us which was countered after an absolutely sick backhandvolley by my partner. we took down the tie-break 7-2, and were up 4-1 third set in no-time, which we closed winning 6-3. First two matches in the pocket for the season earning some decent ranking points.
Check all results via the following link:
http://mijn.knltb.nl/KNLTBbeheer/Ton...S/Default.aspx

Next week we face off with the team we're tied with after they had a 5-1 victory as well. Going to be a real tough set of matches by the looks of it. stay tuned for next update on this.

Now that's off my heart, let's go to poker.
Closed my 18/45/90 BAS with a decent $680 profit after a decent last few sessions. Volume towards the end of it was quite dissappointing, yet I made more than $1.50 per game I played, which is better than I had hoped for in the first place.

Currently trying to sell out a cashBAS covering my 10NL action, given my roll is still really sensitive for variance. About 50 shares still remain, so if u read this, and u are interested, make sure to take a look at it in the buy a share section of the forum.
Looking to start this one as soon as possible, as i really feel like grinding out the cashgames ATM.

That's it for this update I guess. see you next time
xxx

Old 04-18-2011, 06:04 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

Wow. Dissappointing weekend. You won't hear me complaining about losing matches undeserved, but yesterdays 4-2 defeat with my team visiting Deventer felt really really sour.

Our first single survived a 4-5 0-40 situation in the second set after winning first set fairly easily. In the end he managed to survive a total of 4 set points, and take the match down with a 7-2 victory in second sets' tiebreak. Meaning we're up 0-1
The second singles match played by me was really a one-side story. The guy was way better than their frontman, with a good forehand, and excellent volleys. My serve went OK for my first 3 games, not losing a single point on my first service, but after that I just made too many mistakes, my 6-2 6-3 loss was nothing but my own fault.

The third single was definitely the best match of the day exceeding both the levels of the first 2 singles. 20 shot hard and placed groundstrokes were no exception. after a 6-4 loss in the first set, our third man completely destroyed his opponent in the second set taking it down with 1-6. 3rd set turned out to be a real thriller, the level still going up, and at 4-5 he got a matchpoint and the initiative in the rally. But the courts were awful all day, and when he was heading to the net trying to take the ball with him, it got a bad bounce, and didnt get up at all. really really sick.
7-5 3rd set to get behind 2-1
Fourth single was a strange match. My teammate took the first set in a tiebreak, but was down 6-1 4-1 in no time. He managed to get back in the match, and have 2 gamepoints for a 4-5 lead, but in the end he messed up, and lost 6-4 third set

Heading in the doubles we're behind 3-1, and me and my third single teammate are facing a tough doubles match. In the end, my groundstrokes were terrible, and we lost first set 6-2. 2nd set was really exciting, with us having a ton of chances to take the lead, but closing our games soooo badly we were forced to get in a tiebreak in which we lose 7-4.
At this point we're down 4-1, and have a weakish second doubles match going in as a huge underdog. first set was done in like 15 minutes in a 6-1 loss. second set they saw the light though, playing outstanding, and taking it 1-6. In the third set they managed to maintain that level, and take the match with 4-6 in the third set.

In the end I think a 3-3 would have been more than deserved, but even so, a 2-4 victory, and if we had been luckier even a 1-5 victory wouldn't have been undeserved at all.

oh well. next week a fun team over to our club again, looking forward to it.
look at the link below to see the actual scores of this week.

-http://mijn.knltb.nl/KNLTBbeheer/TonenWedstrijdgegevens/tabid/185/WedID/2087454/language/en-US/Default.aspx

Old 05-10-2011, 12:34 PM
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

2 matches since last update.
2 weeks ago we played on our own courts against Putten. We knew these guys from last year when we lost 2-4 on their courts. A victory was sort of expected as our singles are way better than theirs. Our doubles arent as good, but still we should have plenty of chances to have taken at least one of them.

The first singles match was pretty easy for us with a clear 6-3 6-1 victory for us, putting us up 1-0.
The second match was expected to be fairly easy too, but our second man (normally 3rd man, but I didnt play a singles match today) played rather bad today and lost the 1st set rather stupidly with 4-6. second set wasn't a whole lot better, but on the important points he hit the winners, and he took it 6-4. in the third set he showed what he really can do crushing his opponent 6-2 third set. 2-0 for us.

third match was expected to be tough as our third man (normally 4th) is really inconsistent, and has a pretty bad insight in winning strategy, nor has he the ability to change gears or gameplan. he got down to 5-1 first set when I shot him the advice of taking the speed out of the ball, promptly resulting in 3 straight games. yet he lost the set 6-4 in the end.
Second set was a real close game, all going according to serve. on 4-4 his opponent placed the deciding break for a dissappointing 4-6 4-6, meaning we're up 2-1 now.
4th match was easy. Their player was not a singles played, and tanked from the first game onwards with a 6-3 6-1 we got ahead by 3-1 meaning we're guarenteed to tie already.

Expecting, and pretty much obliged to ourselves to win at least 1 double we headed into the doubles matches with too much aggression. I played 1st double with our 4th singles man.. I didnt play bad at all. My serve was good, my returns were on, my volleys were good. My mate played similar to his singles match. It wasnt bad, but it just wasnt smart what he was doing. we lost 1st set 3-6. Second set he was on top of his game, and I maintained my level resulting in a 6-3 win for us. 3rd set was rather close with a 0-40 chance on their serve to get ahead by 3-1, with me to serve next pretty much guarenteeing a 4-1.. We fcked up tho, and they made the 2-2 after which I won my serve. The rest was rather sad. we didnt win another game and lost 3-6 final set.
3-2 our advantage,.
In the meanwhile our second doubles men were fcking up the match playing really bad, hitting volleys from the baseline like friggin amateurs.. they made 6 games, which was more than they deserved. 3-6 3-6 ending our confrontation in a somewhat dissappointing tie

Poker Forum | Poker Staking

Poker Site Reviews
Titan Poker Pokerstars William Hill Bodog Carbon Poker Ladbrokes Party PokerCake Poker