Surfers Poker, Poker Forum

Go Back   Surfers Poker - Poker Forum > Poker Blogs and Poker Entertainment > Poker Blogs
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2010, 03:06 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Horse - Verified
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Staker Points: 3732.6
TPS: 1641.68
Plays at : stars
Game of choice : NLHE
Fav. Online Player : KevinThorn
Fav. Pro : PB-SP-SC
kevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via MSN to kevinthorn
Default hi im bob kelso and i like whores

Blogs for me have a notorious habit of jinxing me but w/e since i finished my last bas, withdrew some funds leaving me like $750 lost a bit of that yesserday but its all good. Feeling happier now im on my own $ its a psycological thing i think, some brief thoguhts i guess gonna be grinding mtts mostly micro getting the BR back up using hu sngs to pick up the slack and reduce variance a bit.

Some exiting things coming up include mini uboc (like mini ftops but on absolute/ultimatebet) gonna be playing pretty much all holdem events $30 sniper, $11 hu etc no giant gurantees but good for ap, plus with the awful players and stuff definately gonna be fun and hoping to do well, that starts in 8-9 days, working on some smaller projects as well, nothing that interesting but will update at the end of the month. Thats it for now more random twitter like updates to follow i guess truth is i just miss having a place to tell others what ftp avatar im using (today will be the gnome obv as its monday)

Surfers Poker - Featured Sites
Old 08-09-2010, 11:27 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

kevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

Not going to talk about how i run in this blog becuase it can come across and badbeat whining or w/e and variance is variance, today we made profit (always good yay) not as much as i would have liked but sometimes thats the way the cookie crumbles. Did make 2 final tables Not going to anally track my BR either but its now ~ $1299 lets say which for one day is a nice rise, can maybe even add in the odd $20

Plans for tomorrow are none, some of my closest friends are away atm for like 2 weeks more on some stupid vacay i wanted to go on but couldnt due to well rl stuff i wont go into, but yeh so my social diary isnt as full as it usually is hence the extra time, so gonna play a full schedule of mtts i reckon and hopefully run/play a little better a bink the gold

Old 08-10-2010, 12:15 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

The king has awoken, and so have I! Plan on a full mtt sched but just trying to work out what avatar will be the best to use today, going to try the panda, a little thinknig outside the box if you will
Pretty normal sched today for the mostpart, might play the super tuesday we will see in a more realistic update gonna try and sattie into this mtt on absolute lol, its a $27 but what $$ i have on there im saving for mini UBOC so gonna play some husngs which are lol soft and then hit up some satties... hopefully i can win a date with trishelle even tho thats not technically listed as a prize

xhttp://www.absolutepoker.com/promotions/tuesdays-with-trishelle

Will update you on my day and of couurse any avatar changes as it happens, thinknig of changing this to like a newspaper format blog for fun lets see.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Panda sucks, gonna use the luck of the irish and switch to the leprochaun

Old 08-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

bah cant even play that chicks mtt cus its not for another 8 hours next week my love, also today was bad not over tho

Old 08-11-2010, 03:16 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Gym w/ friend check
lunch w/ friend check
grind supplies check

Time to play out a full mf sched today after a pretty poor day yesterday, feeling renewed and revitalised like loreal shampoo. In talks with Venice regarding a sponsorship deal for surferspoker which could be very lucrative for me but for now its time to make my own fortune... avatar i hear you ask? The vampire of course to truly honor my namesake kevin thorn.

Old 08-13-2010, 03:54 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

How was yesterday i hear you ask? could have been great but alas wasnt to be, next time lets hope Still we made a profit which is good after maybe 2 days or icky losses and ofc final tables are always nice esp when the field was over 3000donkeys
Today, played some hu sngs on absolute won 6/7 i think shame they have no rematch option cus everyone is rly bad supposed to go hang out w/ friends tonight but he is at this conference so idk if he will make it down in time. Obv cant play until i know so for now more hu and i guess some chilling out. Weekend gonna be long, locking down sat and sunday gonna get crazy up in here.

Oh bankroll update you scream? idk like $1450

Old 08-14-2010, 06:49 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Pre season sunday today, just started playing a couple of hours ago, plan to play for a lot more but got pretty fcked last night so idk if that will be a factor in my stamina, have since napped tho so should be ok.

Avatar today? Going unorthodox, oldschool Tramp circa pad1 w/ the werewolf, a very unused, under estimated and potentially profitable avatar lets see how he plays out today. Gonna play soe bigger stuff over the weekendy (not big but bigger than i have been so gl me)

Old 08-15-2010, 01:03 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Yesterday - bad but lets draw a line under that cus its the best day of the week baby sun MF day yoooooooooooooo crazy full nonstop 19-24h+ sched gonna be goin on today dropping the lowest stuff id normally play and adding some higher stuff so br could take a knoc orrrrrrrr we could be mirrionaires!!

Avatar choice is tough, really tough on a sunday gonna think for a minute and return, ok its going to be the rock... why? let me show you over the course of the day

Old 08-15-2010, 04:57 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

The rock is appauling, not working out at all, forgot its not a leapyear, switching to the bald army dude.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:35 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Been a few days since an update (omg like duh) just havent really been in the mood tbh, but figured id give a brief update, pokers been kinda brutal last few days as we all know it can be. Had a few close shaves 20ths 11ths 5ths etc so that big scores coming i can feel it, today is the start of mini uboc weeeeee (dibs on $30 sniper aka event 1 so back the fck off) stars in like 7 hours, playing a full sched as well so lets hope for a nice day and a nice bit of dolla dolla.

Old 08-20-2010, 05:52 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

SO Like good Day

As per my promise to mah boi mental i doin dis blog KRAZEEEEEEE STLEEEEEEEEE Annoying day today, but not one i can complain about, made nice money FT'd the $11 10k superstack on ftp for like the 100th time amirite was pretty dominant throughout but kinda went with a betsizing tell thatd won me like 50 pots previously and 5bet jqhi on kxx and well he had a set of x's then got coolered out a while later, still cashed 4th for $1200ish but shoulda been $3k obv, also got 6th in the hu hyper for like $150 was a badbeat but im not gonna whine about badbeats in a hu hyper lol.

Roll is now ~ 2k which means 26's and 20s are back in just in time for the weekend weeeeeeeeeeeee onwards and upwards, the only mini uboc event today was 4max and i hate 4max so didnt play, have a $16 sniper tomorrow i think so should be awesome. Hoping for a good weekend

شكرا للقراءة. أنا أفضل بكثير في الحياة أكثر من أي واحد منكم الحمير

Old 08-22-2010, 05:43 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

lol like legit worst two days ever, today especially has been insane, been scheding what 9-10hours i guess, lost every big hand, runner runner, 2 outers, 1 outers, crazy weird coolers, bink/rebinks had it all multiple times dfkldsjfkdlsjfkdjfkksdjfdklsjflkdasjf oijdsafkldsjckljsdklfjewkfjsakjdljdfklsajfdklcjsak ljfdjfksdajfklxcjaskljdfcas

BR? prob down to like $1500 w/e who cares, but mentally? idk runs like this can knock anyones confidence. I'll be fine in 5 minutes but right now obv wanna kick midgets, will play a normal, big sunday and then re-evaluate what i wanna do. :/

edit - off to curl up in fetal position and listen to dashboard confessional - stolen on repeat whilst crying - after i bust last mtt obv

Last edited by kevinthorn : 08-22-2010 at 05:46 AM.

Old 08-23-2010, 08:42 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Warning long rant ITP

So today huh? kinda crazy. Woke up a bit later than id like for Sunday (like i guess 6:30pm my time) promptly got a big sesh going ofc and i was well... running appaulingly to say the least, much like yesterday but there was a big difference. Yesterday after the first like 6 hours it started to get to me a bit, emotionally i was beatdown and idk i wasnt really feeling like playing (never a good spot to be in half way through an mtt sched) I don't think my play suffered but idk its hard to judge those things when you're in that mindset, gets too easy to blame runbad, donks or w/e so who knows.

Today i had the same badbeats for awesome stacks and w/e, maybe even more so but it never stopped my enjoyment, i was having a blast, i love playing poker 99% of the time and even w/ all the beats and $$ losses (was gonna end up having to cut out $20s again etc) i was upbeat, laughing shit off etc etc.

Kept playing of course, nothing doing really until the very end like 14 hours into my day had run out of mtts, wasnt bored, or done but there was like nothing left to reg in a really deadtime for the sched. So i had 3 mtts left to "save the day"

#1 Some random Lambo freeroll where first pays like $200 which doesnt begin to cover losses, only 18 paid.. got like 20th but hey its still a freeroll ticket

#2 Midnightmadness - Got liek 400th (300paid or so), shoved 55 w/ like 14bbs and got called by AQ the QQT flop was not to my liking so that left only one

Daily doublle B - seem to ft this mtt a lot idk why cus i fckin hate how turboy it gets w/ constant 10min lvls but nvm, from about 60left was 1 tabling it, playing well making moves when needed but not too much (im no durrrrrr) Eventually ft'd it went in as CL after durring it up[ w/ 18 left tbh (4bet bluffing 1st in chips when 2nd in chips ) but like OMG

MOST

TILTING

FT EVER!!!! was like 9 handed for id say 50 minutes w/ 10-30bb stacks and a weird dynamic, i kept as active as i could but man it was crazy annoying, eventually lost half my stack KQ<J9 vs some nutjob fish down to 15bbs grinded it out, got lucky w/ 5 left riv 3outed some dude when i shoved 9bbs w/ q8 and he had kq (i mean how dare he have KQ) and ended up 2nd aafter a cooler hu for 1.2k to actually make profit on the day BR is now like 2.5k 20's stay in

Old 08-26-2010, 12:50 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Short n sweet update, been a really poor few days, just have been running as bad as one can which is part of the game one supposes, kinda funny tho as most of my nice runs have been on tilt legit running out of stars money, had to get an emergency transfer from super miz the other day but thats mostly gone now.. idk kinda super annoying lol.
BR is lower by a lot :/ prob ~ 1.6k or so, before youre likeh whoa wtf i miscalculated a lil on sunday was closer to 2k than 2.5 still meh tho as i dont play higher than $27mtts atm -_-

Old 08-31-2010, 02:31 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Only a quick one today mainly because im tired as balls. Sunday huh? awful day i mean fun obv but in terms of results rly poor lost a ton, ran crazily bad like wtf.. Started today w/ a BR of like 1.3k today however was superific, had lunch w/ a friend earlier which was nice then fired up a smallish session (maybe regd for 6 hours of mtts) only one $20+mtt tho cus i was low on BR FT'd a $3 6max - 1st was like 1.1k but got 4th for like $480 when i reshoved 9ts into AQ sb vs bb - we both hit stra8s but as is with penises his was bigger

Then got like 40th or 30th or 50th in the 3r i forget which lost KK<AQ aipf for the cl there and then JJ<K9 and then a flip to go byebye but it was another $130 or so AND THEN ft'd the dfg shove a pysco w/ kjs he called w/ qt and flushed so ( could abeen a lot more but still won another $1.1k there and with like 25 left got really lucky so i cant complain (shoved a4cc w/ like 16bbs callled by AsKh - flop Ks 4s 2s and 4d on turn ) BR is now at an all time high for this project aaat roughly $2770 or so and its more evenly spread over the 2 sites so no tilting transfers required. Really happy with the day and my play.. long may it last (in befor ejinx fml tomorrow) but will be seshing it all day tomorrow and lets hope to have fun

Old 09-03-2010, 12:19 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Last 3 days.. haha frustrating is the word i would use to describe them deep runs but keep running into bad luck just before the big $$ so as a result been kinda stagnating BR wise down a lil then up a lil.
I wont post the hands etc but its badbeats and coolers errywhere when it matters for the cl late and shiz, kinda frustrating to lose out on 2-3k scores like 4 times in 3 days but its a part of mtt life i guess.

Other poker news hmm got $40 from stars for placing in the leauges, coulda been more if i cba to play morre but rly those games tilt me to balls but idk might try properly this month as it could be an ez $200-$600 a month.

Got given a random $50 bonus on fulltilt so lets clear that obv. Might go for the stars reload bonus but i just withdrew some cash for rl treats so dumping it back isnt high on my list of priorities. Wont be playing much if at all tomorrow as i have plans (w/a girl actually possible trip report to follow) and saturday its my friends wedding so that'll take up my day also (co best man yo) Sunday i'll be back refreshed and ready to bink and bink hard

Life news? eh pretty std on that front i could bore you abt my day to day life but rly just std stuff. anything else? hmm i guess i can give u a rough br update - like $2400 or so have made profit today though pennies rather than pounds (ft'd the $2r 500cap on stars and got i think 5th for like $220 and just now got 20th in the $16 6max superturbo ko on tilt AK<AQ for cl w/ 20 left then lost two more coolers (see first paragraph) but that was like an $80 cash plus like $45 in ko's well yup sums it up... still in one mtt maybe i'll win it huh?

Old 09-06-2010, 04:00 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Only mtt i have left is the hu hyper in 25minutes so i guess its safe to update you on my Sunday.. theme of my life continues - close but no cigar but its been a profitable day so i cant complain. Started off final tabling the $11 10k and getting a rather unfortunate 6th for like $600 but that covers a decent % of the whole long assed sesh's buyins. Always nice to have a lil comfort early that its not gonna be a crazybad day.

Then runbad x10000000000000 left with 3mtts $5r w/ a nice stack just itm, DNG w/ a nice stack pretty deep itm and $26 superstack early antes - itm like 45 left. In order of dissapearance

30th or so in the $26 on tilt AQ<TT bvb for a top 5 stack std race, woulda been nice to win but could say that about every race

$5r lost a bunch of hands to randomness then 77<TT to bust fair enough nh gg gl etc

So all or nothing $55 300k already pretty deep itm at this point maybe 120left $400 or so locked, had a niceish stack but had top pair run into a set and from then on i was just short stack ninja'ing which is obv the highest variance form of poker. Survived to 80th or so then lost whats essentially a race k6s<ATo to bust but i mean thats like $512 or so which is almost as much as my FT cash just a shame after all these near misses BR isnt too far from where its always been id guess ~ $2.9k

Tho i sense im due another hu hyper ship so idk

Old 09-10-2010, 07:45 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Well i mean you know for a fact theres gonna be an entry today, i warn you now it will be long, somewhat rabmbl'y and i paragraph and punctuate like shit so... proceed @ ur own peril. This will be part 1: report like the others, part 2: is more mushy.

Lets start with yesterday ran crazy bad in my own mtts have done for last couple of days, but that happens. Did however play the wcoop hu event 4DABAS. Only managed to mincash unfortunately, but sitll definately a fun mtt and was nice to play a hu match or two that really challenged me to think and work.

Today huh? well what can i say about today hehe well its been a good day foshure, cashed my 1st mini ftops event of this series (only played two so its not a bad start) Was the $30 6max shootout turbo. Made it to table 3 and then shoved 22bbs w/ AQs btn vs co and sb had ak and held so that was like $130 or something.

Definately hoping to ft an event this time tho, tbh i want that silver fckin avatar -_- also made a big FT today after a week or two of losing that big hand for a big stack w/ 2tables to go i finally won that hand and ftd the $22 20k on stars (which i infact ft bubbled like 4 days ago lol)

Ended up getting 2nd for $3.2k which essentially doubles my roll and then some, which at the time of playing was roughly $2.4k also went on to ft the $27 $30k and got 6th for 1.2k so wow (brupdate to close this entry) The bust hand itself was unlucky but i dont feel i played to the last 2 tables very well, willl deffo be going over the hh tomorrow or something.

BR now? $6465 part: 2 of this entry will discuss my feelings on this and other shit like dat.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:03 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

A couple of months ago i made a less than triumphant return to online poker and ofc surfers. I had spent my once bountiful roll on clothes, parties, holidays the list goes on lol. Why? stopped playing was comepletely burntout and it was the first time i had had that kinda $$ at my disposal. When all was said and done i was pretty broke lulz, do i regret it? No not a bit i had a great time and the last 2-3 months have been an amazing learning experience for me and i feel i have matured a ton because of them. (Only in some senses ofc weee boobs)

I returned after a few months off and promptly setup a bas cus well had no $$ duh, was $4k and it didnt sell. But i made a $3k one and it went off... it tanked massively to begin with. Was i running bad? sure no doubt but there was a bigger problem. I was rusty, and dood i looked over some hh's was i nitty as fck like wow idk what happened. I was playing micros and took me a little time to get past my stupid ego and realise that it wasnt tanking cus i runbad but cus im playing like shit. Worked my ass off to get my game back as it were, and eventually got that bas and my next one into profit.

I could of kept running all action bas's but i really couldnt do it anymore, it drains me for some reason I like to be doing my own thing for me. So rather than play $20's $33's and $50s for the bas like i had begun doin I ended things and took the few $100s i had in my cut and grinded the shit outta mtts. vvvsmall ones. This was a turning point for me, for the first time in a long time i was enjoying poker again, i was improving everyday and things were looking up.

Irl i was still broke but getting by just about, had to borrow a lil here and there but only for a few days @ a time. And now here we stand.. $6000+ roll I feel this is a real turning point for me. I wont be moving up in stakes much, if at all. The tournies i play atm harbour enough prize money that a bink or two is vvvnice for me. I should never have to move back down now, as long as i play smart and i feel this is where i wanna be. Finally i have achieved what i set out to do that very same day i came back here and setup that bas. Have a roll where i can play up to $50's $11r etc comfortably and shot take/satty other shit. Just like the "old KT" as he is sometimes reffered to i have the means to make a living playing this stupid f'in game, but the difference is i know what its liek to be broke, to not have any money whatsoever so this time, for the first time i feel like a pro. (Tho i hate that term)

I dont know how many, if any of you even read my blog but to those that do (google spiderbot and venice) and to those who dont as well.. thank you. Thank you for giving me a place where i can come and tlak shit and whatever. Thank you for giving me the tools needed to get my 2nd chance. Thank you for having the faith in me to invest. Thank you for any rail support or kind words. I know i may seem a lil distant at times w/ th elack of skype and shit but as far as one can on the internet i do consider a lot of you friends and i thank you for that friendship.

I considered starting a new blog to symbolise a new chapter in my poke.. heck in my life but i figured expanding on this one is more appropiate as i continue to grow from the person who set this blog up all those weeks ago (and tbh means im more eligable for blog o da month yoooo)

Old 09-10-2010, 08:15 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Also quick 3rd entry, it was actually a casual, offhand comment from dude904 who i was skyping with at the time that caused me to first question my game when the bas was tanking, i was talknig about the bas and how bad i was running etc etc and he said "well whenever i pull you up youre short, maybe youre not being aggressive enough" and that single comment turned things around and got me analyse wtf i was doing. So altho theres 0% chance you read this, ty for that dude...sincerely

Old 09-12-2010, 12:33 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Brief, pre sunday update. Yesterday and today have ran beyond insane (in a bad way) Like cannot do anything right. But though its never nice... it no longer bothers me to any significant extent. BR is now like $5k but i did withdraw like $700 so its not quite as bad as it sounds..though its still not nice

Psyced to play a Sunday again... been too long (ALMOST 7 DAYS!!!) since the last one so lets do some funking work SON. Got grind supplies in and cautiously optimistic. Will post a better update after tomorrows carnage.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:00 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Im blogging now because once my last 2 or 3mtts bust i wont be in the mood, im not really in the mood now but im stuck here so might as well. Sunday has been well worse than yesterday won $215 early in a sat and thats it had a mincash in an $11 and a $20 cash in a 3r during a heavy 9-10hour reg period.

Have run beyond belief bad lol. Am i mad? nah, am i happy? happy as one can be as they lose a shitton of money they just won lulz.. apart from one spew hand which didnt matter much im happy with how ive played.

Unfortunately BR is down a lot but luckily, like i had previously mentioned its big enough to weather some variance storms (hopefully) so still have like 200buyins to the $20s and as long as i can play $20's im happy as beans. BR is liiike $4550 so if you take away the $700 i cashed out, the $140or so i invested down like idk $1k or so in a couple of days which is pretty harsh... just legit havent been cashing anything you know how downswings are. Still in 3 like i say and if all else fails i mean thats still a nice lil bankroll and there is always tomorrow

Old 09-14-2010, 03:47 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Ha so um yeh today again like the last few days has been some of the craziest (in a bad way) stuff i have ever experienced. Playing a full12+hr sched i think my total cashes amount to $55... so.. like idk. Like to put this into perspective for you, and i dont wanan go on about how bad im running so i wont but since my binkage day i have lost, in just losses a shade under $1800... playing nothign above $44 - played two $55's and one $20 1r 1a, very few mtts above $30 thats it... just been playing a ful sched daily w/ no deep runs, no mincashes lol.

I mean onwards we go but its pretty devastating to instantly run into such a crazy short term downswing. Bankroll, rather amusingly is at like $3800 just gonna work on my game hardcore, find out if and where im leaking and if i can sorta stem the bleeding as it were cus atm its insane. but such is the life of the mtt grinder.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:03 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Lightbulb

Depending on how you read the forum when you first log on or w/e you may read this first or my deepthread first. But either way im sure you can sense a somewhat more upbeat tone to my entry than the last two.

Last two or three days have been pretty fckin brutal as explained previously, like it was insane but really it help me cement and fortify my statement in my binkage post that i feel im mature enough to deal with this and admit sure its a ton of variance but there is also room to improve on my end and to get working on that.

Showed up for work everyday since the first losing day, and been ready, happy, opptimistic and grinding out to the best of my ability. Today when i woke spent a good two hours just reading start posts on other forums and rewatching a video i kinda like. Its actually to do w/ hu cash lol but its really about mindset and shit and i find it really good to listen to once in a while.

Promptly got the session going ofc, and all day its been more of the same, few more mincashes than before (yay!!!!) but still trickling away $$ rather than gushing isnt exactly ideal. Got overset twice for top 3 stacks itm but onwards we went, not tilting just staying focussed on making the right decisions. Eventually (perhaps sooner than i expected) it paid off and today i not only hit a very nice score ($4800 WEEEEEEEEEEE) but even tho i dealt hu we played it out and i finally got a 1st place after forever getting like 6,5,4,3 etc and i feel i played very well deep. Something which i hadnt been doing previously.

The final tble itself was a bit crazy, idk if you play that $5 2r 1a but midstages its nice and deep but late it gets kinda turbofied cus of 10minlvls, wasl CL 18-like10 or top 2 at least but the ft bubble was crazy long considering i was cl w/ 38bbs or so.. people hitting perfect perfect to survive etc. We finally got there and im 2/9 first hand i get it in vs 4th QQ vs AK an dhe kings the flop so im down to like 6bbs (here we go again etc) but ground it back and 6-3 handed kinda crushed. We tried to deal 5handed cus it was so flippy but two players refused to talk O_o so obv no deal they busted and i was left w/ a guy from floripa (maybe pbs father ) we chopped and here we are, bankroll is ofc back up but i ahve also withdrawn a nice amnt fo rmyself because tbh i feel like i deserve a lil. So $1500 out BR is roughly $6850 so not a great increase from the bink but a pretty big rise since last update. Onwards we go lets see what the rest of the week holds.

Old 09-17-2010, 04:44 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Today has been good and bad, depends on your perspective. I ran bad, real bad, crazy bad.. like all the std runbad scenarios you can think of over and over. No deep runs because of this and therefore some losses but w/e happens.

However today i feel ive played better than i have done in forver, feel im being more intelligently aggro and less spewy aggro. Feel im being more creative and i am really enjoying every second of it, even though today wasnt my day. Weekends gonna be great fun but first we have a friday to get through... as for now. Bedtime Hope you guys have had better luck than i have today.

Old 09-18-2010, 01:00 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Still in a couple but getting the pre weekend entry outta the way as im bored on my break... shit gotta pee brb

k back where was i.. right today, not good in terms of running/results (barring last minute saviour bink lol) enjoyed the day, feel i played well but just had some sick beats itm of mtts for top 10 stacks. Happens to everyone eventually, gonna keep on trucking tomorrow is mini sunday lets see what can be done there. Errr yeh another brief update will do a better one after saturday maybe or deffo after sunday.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:12 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Today i woke up at like a perfect Sunday time for me (roughly 3pm) had taken sat off and had a great time and was refreshed and ready to get back into the mtts. Made up some breakfast, freshened up and watched a couple of training vids, read a couple of strat posts and come 4:15 or so i was ready to grind this shit to the max, and grind i did... finishing only now at i guess 6am (pretty short session for me in truth)

Again wasnt my day, coolers, badbeats, losing every big assed flip and general runbad was the theme of the entire day. Played a couple of slightly high buyins for me today one $60 ($20 1r 1a) direct boguht into the mini ftops $75 main event after tanknig a couple of sats but thats it. Still With the past few days the BR was looking like it was gonna end at around 5.3k or so :/ However did get like 90th in the 11r for $170 or so and 280th in the ftops me for $480 to limit the bloodshed as it were. Bankroll on closing is around 5.9-6kish.

Emotionally, obv at this second not feeling the best, been a pretty intense, high volume sesh and obv nothings really gone my way. Im dissapointed in myself for posting maybe 1 or two badbeats that prob didnt need posting (tho resisted posting most of them despite the weird temptation) remained fully focussed, alert and playing close to my best throughout and tomorrow i know i'll be refreshed and ready to try again to bink some mf tourney. Today, wasnt my day.. im sure it wasnt a lot of peoples day but I feel im improving every day, finding new spots to accumilate and leaking less and less. I dont feel like im stagnating or anything which is great. So yeh ramble over, Sunday over, mini ftops over (until next weeks one starts amirite etc) lets look forward to tomorrow.

Old 09-21-2010, 03:19 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Still in 3 but my hopes arent high another awful day, looks like this is setting itself up to be a big downswing rather than a tiny one. Just lost every key hand plus 99% of other hands I dont need to recite runbad to you just giving you an idea of the day. Hm tomorrow not sure if i'll play, maybe umm gonna set some goals for the rest of sept.

Wanna end sept w/ an 8k roll
would like at least 2 more 4fig scores (optimistic perhaps -_-)
Top 200 stars tlb errr
ship an mtt i guess and rungood

oh and roll is 5.5-5.6k ish

Old 09-23-2010, 03:02 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Sup, did play full sched yesterday but didnt update blog cus it was like the same shit again and i didnt wanna sound like a broken record. But honestly if i dont get into the habit of updating this on da reg, it will just fade and die and thats no fun

Today same stuff, losing every big hand, coolers, no hands, lose flips blah blah barely cashed a thing, been grinding all day regardless tho. At points i felt like i wasnt playing as good (too tightin spots) but ive been going back over the hh's and its not rly the case at all just no spots or cards really. Had like 6 or 7 mtts that were like no hands for an hour and half or so.. blind down, shove like AQ lost to AK AJ JJ w/e and bust -_- most boring part of mtt poker rly. Bubbled a bunch of mtts too for nice stacks including the $109 50k (77<AA) so yeh downswingings never fun but its part of the game. Got high hopes for tomorrow tho might have to drop some of my bigger mtts for a few days. BR pending a bink in one of the 4 awful mtts left is like - $4.7k which obv isnt nice, but is still plenty to work with.

Poker Forum | Poker Staking

Poker Site Reviews
Titan Poker Pokerstars William Hill Bodog Carbon Poker Ladbrokes Party PokerCake Poker