Surfers Poker, Poker Forum

Go Back   Surfers Poker - Poker Forum > Poker Blogs and Poker Entertainment > Poker Blogs
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2010, 03:45 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Horse - Verified
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Staker Points: 3732.6
TPS: 1641.68
Plays at : stars
Game of choice : NLHE
Fav. Online Player : KevinThorn
Fav. Pro : PB-SP-SC
kevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via MSN to kevinthorn

I know i said no daily updates, but i mean when something out of the ordinary happens i guess i'll throw it in. Profitable day which is awesome ofc, ran pretty sour in everything else but youre gonne runbad in most of the mtts you play so w/e... ran ok in the $16 360 cap ended up chopping 3way vs two losing players even tho i had over half the chips... i wanted to get the closing monkey off my back but they gave me 1st minus $50 ($1050 when first was $1100) so i mean how could i possibly resist such temptation. They decided to spite me and play it out to try and rob me of tlbs etc. but won anyway. Still gonna keep $75s out for now and ofc not withdrawing any but we finish today on $7.3k

Old 10-22-2010, 06:10 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

kevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

Ok coming in for my pre weekend entry, since my last one its been nothing short of brutal - played everyday since except the day before yesterday which i took off for funzies, each days just been hideous for most couldnt get anything going anywhere or like even mincash anything, today had a 12+ hour sesh w/ few semi deep runs but lose every big flip/hand towards the end if it isnt a flip its a cooler or some redic suckout so just cant get deep but w/e happens. Volumes been high, plays been pretty good for the most part imo and we'll see what the weekends saying hopefully i can get deep in something to boost morale BR at the (almost) end of today is $5.9kish

Old 10-24-2010, 08:27 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Played a longish sesh today (wanted it to be a bit longer but was starting to feel a bit tired so i decided itd be stupid to keep paying for the sake of playing) Yesterday was pretty nasty, didnt play too much tho but didnt cash anything that i did play so

Today woke up early at like 6am played from 7am-8pm so 13 hours sesh, we basically made back the $$ we lost on saturday... again deep just ran into brickwall after brickwall, so many dskjlfdsl hands but thats eventually gonna even out. Also did manage to close a tournament and was a fun tournament to close ($33 deepstack) only a 3fig prize, but always nice to add a 1st place ribbon to the metophorical trophy cabinet and i mean $820ish is nothing to turn your nose up at. Playing more now on Titan and absolute but for simplicities sake i wont sort of count my rolls on those sites in this blog tho i will ofc mention any big results. Hoping to put in a sesh tomorrow and hoping things will get better, we end today on $6.2k

Old 10-26-2010, 05:01 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

My brains kinda fried atm, still in a couple but w/e gonna throw out an update. Been playing the early morning (uk morning) sched the last few days.. i like it for the most part but you see the craziest fcking shit and thus far havent been able to do anything but run like shit and bleed money to people who seem to be trying to lose like legit idk wtf is wrong w/ these peeps. Not feeling great, just in the sense that losing everday to the same stupid hands can be rather demoralising. Its amazing how quickly after a good day or a big score you can forget all of that and lose confidence but im just gonna keep at it, all i can really do and 10 minutes from now none of this will matter and i'll be raring to get back out there but idk.

I kinda want this blog to display the range of stuff a fulltime mtt grinder is gonna go through, and that includes downdays, I dont mean losing days lol cus thats redic obv std most days will be losing days, but days where it gets to you, i dont care how good your mindset is if you play the volume and shit i do you will have days where it does affect you, maybe not your play but you feel down, and for the first time, in a long time im there right now.

In the time it took me to write this post im already over it and what i wrote sounds almost silly but this blog is my experience on and off the tables and thats how i was feeling so gonna post it up. Doesnt help that i have rl drama too, like nothing major but it all adds up. Tomorrow i know will be a completely fresh start, every day is for me bankrolls gonna be down too $5.4kish which is still plenty for the stakes im playing but well you can deduce for yourself wassup.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:43 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Ok so just getting back now form a nice lunch w/ a friend and planning on putting in a sesh of some sort. Feeling great, refreshed and ofc eager to get in the mix and win some flipflipflipfliping money. I do however still have one problem.. avatars. Ditched confused ruby on stars and have replaced it with... well you'll see it eventually i guess xD, got good ol' paris hilton on absolute, mixing it up on titan still tho settled on the parrot atm (their avatars arent so great fwiw) so now its only Full Tilt.... like wtf idk what avatar to go with anymore im gonna go way WAY oldschool and use male fighter pilot w/ frankenstein as a reserve. Hopefully they can see me through.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:42 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Just closed up my sesh and well, I enjoyed it. From start to finish i had fun w/ it and i was worried after yesterday i wouldnt and I dont make that statement having ft'd something or binked something, infact i ran horrendously as bad as every other day, lost some redic hands for massive stacks deep in a couple of big mtts. But idk didnt really phase me, may have been like "ffs" but then over, done np moving on and im really happy to be able to say that. Ofc the fact we're still seemingly unable to win money at the game of poker is still cause for concern, will be scheding harder, better, faster and stronger tomorrow and hopefully i can get something going. BR i havent checked but id estimate is ~ 5k

Old 10-28-2010, 11:31 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

So hi, good day there were 3 individual elements that made it such so just gonna talk about each one then sum up.

#1 - Shipped an $11 freeeout on titan, this was nice because my roll on there isnt too big (maybe $500) and i won $300 here. Sure its not the greatest win, prob on par w/ winning a 180man but i feel like i played hella well and from bubble - FT legit raped like everyone. Close is a close and im happy with it (plus i mean $300 cash MONEY!!!)

#2 FT'd a slightly bigger mtt (like 550 entrants) on FTP, FT's are always nice so two in a day is pretty sweet. Unfortunately nothing went my way at the Ft but we've all been there and shit happens. Still made a decent bit of cash ($450 from a $26 buyin) so sweet already guranteed plus on the day.

#3 prob the best of the 3... the last mtt in my sched the 8r ended up 1 tabling it for 3 hours or so because everything else evaporated into a pool of nothingness pretty fast. Was really focussed all the way tho, was so patient as well went through horrid spells of no cards/no spots. Was however able to FT it and lost a pretty huge flip to bust but got lucky a couple of times prior so what right have i got to moan. Cashed for a pretty sweet $2.1k which, considering how hard the past week or so has been is sweet as paris hiltons toes dipped in honey.

So what does this mean for us? Well BR is now looking much healthier at ~ 7.4k (not including titan and shit obv) buyin range will remain the same. Not going to withdraw any this time. Honestly there's nothing i need irl atm. Still have a decent chunk of my previous cashouts and have already had a couple of splurges too (novelty tshirts ftw lol) so yeh gonna pad the roll and leave it at that. Mentally ofc feeling good, one generally does after a nice day like this, hopefully this is the start of a heater and not just a spark. Either way yay!

Old 10-30-2010, 09:30 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Coming in for a pre sunday update, still in like 7 so i could see you back here in a few hours for a "so i just binked $5000" post but based on how im running not looking very likely

Yesterday insane, brutal w/e happens, in terms of actual hands took some of the most insane beats/runners ever lulz. Today equally as brutal, losses will be minimised to some extent because i FT'd the $75 ko mtt for like $450 (+ $60ish of ko's) got 9th tho in some really sick dynamics that life tilted me but Ft is a FT i guess. Tomorrow is ofc Sunday, should be fun if not a lil chaotic and i will see you on the other side for a post war summary.BR on closing today minus any further scores will be approx 6.9k

Old 11-01-2010, 12:18 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Sigh.. ok today was endless brutality, from a sick beat on the ft bubble early to the next 8hours of coolers, losing every flip and redic badbeats, so we're down quite a bit. But we're properly rolled for everything we play so we're still fine in terms of the bankroll and whatnot and lets see what treats tomorrow has in store for us.

Its the end of the month so i think a summaryof the month is in order... hasnt been the best month. No real big scores/binks tho we came close a couple of times it just hasnt been our day yet.. lets hope that changes come september. But ive made enough to keep the BR healthy and stay alive irl so that can hardly be considered a bad month... lets call it a meh month. Here are my monthly stats on the two main sites i play on, nothing great, nothing awful really just your run of the mill bad month evened out by volume. Roll on closing today is ~ 6.3k I will work on goals for Spetember in tomorrows post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blog1.jpg (55.0 KB, 277 views)
File Type: jpg blog2.jpg (56.7 KB, 277 views)

Old 11-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Ok so back having had sleep and rl time so lets talk poker... namely my Spetember goals... they consist mainly of being able to travel forward in time by ~ 2 months to November 1st so tho its gonna be hard I.. Ok done so lets talk november goals. Want to get the BR over 10k tbh, but i will still be cashing out %'s of any big scores so we'll see. Would like to win a couple of mtts, like good ones.. for lots of moolah, want top 1k of stars tlb so i can get dat freeroll ticket. But most improtantly i just wanna study my game, get volume in, do well and continue to suceed as a player. Will be scheding today once ive made some food so gl to all

Old 11-03-2010, 01:55 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Just to sum up last two days in a word as far as mtts go " " sf brutal lost pob 90% of races, raped by coolers/badbeats etc but w/e have been saved a lil both days by the smaller sites i play on so its all good.

Now onto the point of my entry, something im gonna be experementing with for a bit is getting back into cash.. not fulltime tourneys are still gonna be my thing but im gonna dedicate like 1-2 days a week to cash prob 6max maybe w/ some HU thrown in. Now i dont want to become the jack of all trades master of none type of player but i still think its gonna be an interesting thing to do and i get bored easily so change is good. Also means i can like fire up a cash table towards the end of my mtt sesh so i remain more focussed if im like having to nitup the mtt. Another benefit is vip levels and bonusses, w/ the sched i play i generally fall just atad short of ironman on tilt everyday so this would take me over the edge not to mention i have a couple of deposit bonusses ($500 on titan and $200 reload on absolute) that my 1-5mtts a day arent gonna make even the tiniest dent in so it'll be nice to clear a lil more of them this way.

I havent really studied or played cash at all in forever, so i think starting at anything above 25nl would be arrogant and stupid, not to mention my abi as far as mtts go is ~ $25 atm so its sort of a perfect segway for 25nl and althoguht i doubt it there is a chance id be more prone to tilt/nitting if i was playing for $50/$100 stacks at 50nl theres always a chance i would be. Now ofc only playing cash as like a side income to my tourney play is gonna mean its gonna take a lil while to play a lot of hands and im not gonna show a huge $100000 profit but i still think it'll be a fun little challenge and coming from the guy who likes to change tiny insignificant variables like avatars and table themes all the time i think it wil be an exciting change of pace. I will blog any progress here like always and well thats it for now just wanted to give you guys the hu

Old 11-03-2010, 11:47 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Sigh as far as today has gone so far - played some cash to warm up for an hour or two made i think one pretty big mistake early.. just where im rusty and then after that played imo pretty solid and ran poor. Then started up an mtt sched but ran so bad in that early decided to call it a day and play cash -

ha since then been grinding and its been so brutal overset 3 times for stacks 2 outered for a stack had err AA<AK for a double stack on KKQxK lol so losing some buyins early but thats all part of it and im enjoying getting back into it might play cash all day tomorrow and friday just to get some hands in and get back into some of the routines then donkaments all weekend - still not done for tonight so who knows whats in store.

Old 11-06-2010, 10:18 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Hey guys - havent posted in a few days mainly because i didnt want to keep repeatin the same things i think it portrays myself and the blog quite badly but unfortunately no news isnt good news. Been the same stuff every day - unable to go deep in any mtts just everything goes wrong.. sickest downswing ive been on in a long time. Cutting tonights session short just because i have no real desire to play after hour upon hour of the same nasty stuff. I can be straight up honest and say the downswing is affecting my confidence, im questioning my ability and whether im actually playing well and its not a nice place to be at. Hope it can turn round

Prob gonna play som cash once the final few mtts get done- had an ok cash session yesterday before i went out clawed back some of the money from the previous session of craziness - guess i can post my graph check that massive drop between ev and profit/loss lol. (red lines all in ev green is my monnies )

BR is lol - $4.7k so weee
Attached Images
File Type: jpg graffi.jpg (77.3 KB, 222 views)

Old 11-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

After the past week or two, this was the first sunday in a long time where i wasnt like hella excited to get my grind on, tho was secretly a tad excited. Unfortunately even after a full sched think i mincashed maybe one mtt - the same badbeats/cooolers/inability to win any big hands that has plauged me recently. Its hard, it really is and i tried for a while to think of a way to word how im feeling and what ive been experiencing without having it sound whiny and i honestly couldnt.

So if it comes across like im wallowing in self pity or w/e i apologise, thats honestly not my intention. Today hasnt.. idk i dont wanna say it hasnt bothered me but compared to the last couple of days i feel ive taken all the shit in my stride a bit more... honestly its got to the point where the sheer volume and unrelenting consistency of runbad has got so extreme that its hard not to just laugh and im actually shocked how much i enjoyed playing today despite losing my ass yet again. Still in a few but wanted to churn this out now as im prob gonna be fried by the end of play. Bankrolls going to be at its lowest point for a longtime... but thats tournament poekr swingy as flipflipflipflip, i dont have some of the self doubt ive had the past couple of days or any of that negative stuff and i feel like im already over this downswing emotionally and i just need the results to catch up to me

Assuming no binks today BR will end on ~ 4.2k so im going to drop down in limit sjust a little bit to regain some confidence - $50's are out, $11rs are out, $44's out, $33s and down are in and gonna add more $5's and $3's or $8s idk depends on the sched. Hopefully things will turn round, i know it all evens out in the end... but the ends a long spectrum of time so.. like tomorrow would be nice

Old 11-09-2010, 12:48 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Wasnt goin to post today because, well i wanted my next entry to have good news but i have some decent news at least so figured wtf why not. First the bad news - same stuff as ever on stars and tilt played a ton of mtts and again dont think i cashed a single one - doesnt matter what the hands are if im all in i lose its actually to the point where its pretty unreal lol BR is down to 3.8k which for me is pretty devastating.

But flipflipflipflip all that, I did discover it is possible to cash mtts still - infact i won one, it was a $33 on titan and yielded a nice payout of 1.7k so in terms of cash money its the first profitable day in a while and a close on top is always nice. Also FT'd a small $22 freezeout on absolute and got 6th or 5th for like $160 KK<AA forlike the 5th time today lol. But its a nice boost, cus when youre in such brutal downswigs its easy to forget its even possible to ft shit so hopefully i can use that momentum to go forward into tomorrow because atm its the small sites that are keeping me afloat.

Old 11-11-2010, 08:19 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Well i was all geared up to go ahead and leave this blog untouched today as to quote a great man (me 1 entry ago, me two entries ago etc) more of the same has been happeneing.. well no thats not true past couple of days ive still lost all my big hands and not had anything in terms of cashes or deep runs... but it has felt much better because unlike the week or so before i do win some races, do suckout ocassionally do hold ocassionaly etc so its been slightly better not in terms of monetary results but simply in terms of having some highpoints to the sesh and emotionally it makes a difference foshure.

But like my last mtt of the night which i 1tabled for like ever ended up going ok didnt run amazing but i guess i didnt run too bad because i ended up getting 4th for a very much needed $2kish so that was pretty awesome - did lose AK<KQ aipf for basically 3rd vs two fish and a nice stack but why focus on that negative bullshit.. very nice cash for me and althought more is obv needed before i can retire the br looks a lot healthier than it did an hour ago (like $3.3k ) so BR on closing iiiiiis $5.7k. Gonna take a few $$ out for hookers, blow, food etc not that i need it but w/o it id have to start spending my buffer for when i cant withdraw and why do that if i dont have to.

Old 11-14-2010, 03:44 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Today is (just about) Sunday... up redic early cus my sleep schedules a lil off atm.. been doing all my pre grind stuff and am actually starting a sesh now - gonna be getting a big one in and.. yeh should be fun.

After much deliberation i decided to sacrifice my depo bonus on titan which im not clearing much of anyway and take a good % of my titan roll out.. i have two reasons for this #1 - im not really gonna make much of a dent in the bonus anyway, anytime im online playing its gonna be worth more money to grind other sites or mtts etc than it is to work on clearing $5 increments playing 50nl or w/e and #2 ssecurity i just took off $1900 and my roll there was ~ 2.7k i know it s asecure site and whatever but thats a pretty big amount of $$ for me atm and id rather it was either in my bank acct or on one of the sites where i have an rsa token. Also decided im going to include my absolute and titan $$ into my running blog roll cus like why the fck not... yesterday was pretty abysmal cut my sesh short cus mentally i wasnt into it combined w/ runbad and the fact i was 15tabling at the time of this divine realisation the sesh wasnt too fun.. but very excited for today gonna maybe try playing a few less tables but idk. Cya on sesh close for updates

Old 11-15-2010, 07:40 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Have actually been to bed and woke up since my last update lol, sunday as far as mtts go was meh.. ran ok and made several semi deep runs but then as soon as i got deep in anything everything that could go wrong... did culminated in a ft bubble some 36ths and 45ths which obv sucked but i guess losses were minimised.

Played some more cash both yesterday after my mtts and today.. having a pretty torrid time at 25nl, dont want to sound egotistical i mean i have made a couple of mistakes but theyve been small ones and i have just been running pretty horrendously at cash.. wont post those silly graphs but i think its something crazy like $180below ev over like 7khands and below ev doesnt count for the oversets and KK<AA but w/e shit happens still enjoy playing cash as well as my mtts. Might play some more cash today, definately not playing any mtts and tomorrow im undecided... will see how i feel but conceivably could be taking that day off completely.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:52 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

so did end up playin a full sched rather than taking the day off - was a very long sesh and on paper very frustrating ran god awful prob worse tho my losses were somewhat minimised by getting 2nd in an $11 hyper turbo no limit omaha mtt for like $420 lol and got a rather unfortunate 6th in the 33 deepstack for like $160. In regards to fulltilt wtf that sites legit rigged vs me havent gone semi deep in a tilt mtt for prob a month O_o
Was very impressed w/ my mindset through out the sesh - laughed everything off and did enjoy it - i think im pretty numb to the badbeats now so thats definately a stepping stone on the path to poker enlightenment

One thing im struggling with atm tho is what i believe to be the fine line between remaining confident in your ability during a downswing - being able to play your A game through all the crap etc and being oblivious to when youre' playing bad. Like i try for the most part to just keep playing to the best of my ability - recently its felt like ive been too nitty but then i look at hh's or w/e and theres just like no spots for 2 hours rofl then in other spots i feel like im being spewy because villain wakes up w/ top of their range over and over but then i look at it and it seems like a good spot so idk. I mean atm it feels like im just running appaulingly in everything but if you spek to like -80%roi players they'll tell you the same thing and idk im rambling now i just kinda dont wanna over adjust due to the bad luck but at the same time i dont want to develop bad habits and stuck in poor patterns of play due to just blaming luck. Idk something for me to mull over i guess - closed all my sites and cba to find rsa's but br is prob ~ 4.5k not including titan and abso.

Old 11-19-2010, 03:27 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Ok firstly its come to my attention that certain canadian degens pleasure themselves to this blog and that not only sickens and excites me but it also raises the question to salt the lobster or not to salt the lobster.

I wont update on my progress because i know for a fact it will sound whiny its been nothing bad bad since last update lets leave it at that - did turn $20 itno $80 playing abso/titan blackjack for lulz tho so maybe a new career there. Wanna thank all the people who have offered me kind words during this nasty assed downswing... it really does help. Just got some tilting irl news that i wont go into but my minds not gonna be 100% focussed and so im stopping early today (tho after 6hours+ of the most redic beats ever seen its prob for the best) BR is like 3.4k going into saturday.

Glad to see some other surfers like redsox are having a better time at teh tables than i am if anyones gonna clean up out there id like it to be surfers - just gonna keep studying the game everyday and grinding out as much as i can, i feel like thats really all i can do at this point but idk how many more days in a row like this i can take before i assplode

Old 11-20-2010, 07:00 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

First good day in a long time foshure - ran well, played well and ended up making 3 ft's for a profitable day weeeeee

$33 deepstack got 4th for like $230 or so i forget, was huge cl at the ft but ran god awful 4handed lost a flip for what was basically the tourney but ahh well.

$33 15k weeeeeee was a really weird up and down tourney built a stack, lost almost all of it, grinded it back, lost it on a flip, built it up, lost half, grinded it up and up... then won the mtt for $3k very nice to close a mtt as well as win monnies so sweet.

$11 10k - ft just didnt go my way got 8th for $200 or so after losing a flip

but thats still nice monnies, tlbs and sharkfin so weeee. Should keep me alive and kicking for a while to come too went into this day, like every other positive and fresh after the previous days heartaches and that atttitude really helped me work through the downswing. going into Sunday on a high and hoping to bink a biggun obv. BR on clsoing including titan and AP is like $8k but gonna take a little bit off for funzies/positive association etc. Cya all tomorrow for sundayaments and ty again for all those supportive comments/msgs during the downswing lets hope this is the start of an upswing but if not.. at least we know there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

Old 11-22-2010, 12:00 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

still in 4 i guess but at a loss as to what to do during break so gonna sundify the blog - today was hmm idk exactly how i feel about it. I ran fine and made several semi deep runs which was very fun, very exciting and stuff but deep in all of them ran like absolute sin so ended up w/ 2 huge ft bubbles (well 15th and a 9th) 9th was AQ<AJ on the ft bubble for 2nd in chips costing me a few k in equity but idk im pretty sure i at least broke even today... maybe even tiny profit

Despite a few minutes of annoyance the days been a blast so im going to go ahead and count it as a good day... im knocking at the door of the heater store but that slow, fat, partially deaf old lady who runs it still hasnt shuffled her way from the store room to let me in yet.. but its coming (i hope) Going to play a decent sized sched tomorrow then take tuesday off or at least thats the plan - i rarely plan one day ahead so god knows what will happen. Hope you guys had a good sunday and i guess theres still time for all of us to bink so maybe i'll see you back here in a few hours for an "OMFG WEEEEEEEEEEE" post

Old 11-22-2010, 12:24 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

oops forgot yesterdays OMG WEEE post, final 4 mtts went kinda sour - bubbled the 109 25k on titan (my own fault i guess still a sick hand) got like 180th in the double deuce and lost a huge flip in the $26 early antes to bubble but managed to get 6/like 7000 people in the $5 20k for 1.1k so a very nce weekend foshure. See frog won like 18k which is awesome, really happy for him and his investors (pending roll obv) and i can write that here only because im sure he doesnt read this blog therefore he'll never no im not just anti sweating him 24/7.

Forgot if i aranged to hang w/ a friend today or tomorrow so waiting for him to txt me back before i fire up a sched but its incoming - also just went for a run on the treadmill fck me im unfit cardio wise lulz never did a BR update either did i? hmm including ap and titan iiiits $9400 so thats the sign of a vry good weekend. Still havent withdrawn any, honestly i dont need the $$ for anything atm but i do wanna take some out will prob take out like $800 or sth after todays sesh. Also doing this thing now wher ei have a word document open and through each sesh gonna paste any hands i think are tough or worth discussing and then gonna post 'em up here. Aiming for at least 1/day cus strat section here kinda suuuuuuuucks.

Old 11-23-2010, 12:56 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Today was, well fun foshre. Id say i ran.. normal; won flips, lost flips, sucked out, got sucked out on, held, unheld etc. Unfortunately in the late stages of the mtts i went deep in the key hands jsut went against me but such is tournament poker. Despite that made two final tables which is fantastic for a day, especially considering the past couple of days have been pretty decent as well.

Got a rather unfortunate 7th in the 11 1r 1a on ftp (that i got 15th in yesterday... god i hate that mtt) which pretty much broke me even for the day a long w/ a few other small cashes but THEN went on to FT the tilt 3r (weee tilt has finally forgiven me) ended up 4handed w/30bbs and running the table over, felt like a had a huge edge but unfortunately got unlucky getting it all in w/ KT vs KJ on Txx where he turned a j. But thats tournament poker the 4th was still good for $1.6k so another very nice day foshure.

BR is ~ $11,180 gonna take $1180 out and leave it at a solid 10k which is suhweeeeeet. That being said even just by reading this blog you can see how fast things can change when you grind mtts so not taking anything for granted. Means im super rolled for my games now tho so should at least avoid busto.

Couple of other small things - won my first bust a pro tshirt in a while today, ordered like the biggest size they make cus i wanna see just how big they get -_- and looking forward to playing mini ftops which starts in a couple of weeks. Looks like a cool sched and plan to play pretty much all the events bar maybe one or two of the games that require lots of attention like stud.

Thats all for now, was planning to take tomorrow off but im gonna be busy on wednesday regardless w/ some party so might make that my day off instead as im not gonna be playing anyway idk will check my mood tomorrow i guess.

Old 11-24-2010, 06:57 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Wow ok so yesterday, ha deffo wanna give a lil update cus tbh its prob some of the craziest shit ever (warning in relality its only crazy if ur involved reading abt it wont be that interesting and it isnt poker related so u have been warned.)

So still undecided on whether or not to play a sched yesterday i went out around 3 for some food, was just on my way to the supermarket when i acciedntly bump into this woman (im rly clumsy obv) and she drops her bag of something, think clothes w/e.

I ofc help pick it up, ask if she's ok.. she is rly nice about it and we have a bit of a laugh and idk theres just "something" there. So anyway we decide to go for some lunch so we hop in a taxi and turns out she meant lunch at her apartment. Didnt even get through the door when bam start kissing etc etc and obv tapped that a solid 3 times - but then the weird part.. i start really liking her.. we have like all these crazy, deep convos and stuff and idk something weirds going down because we seem to both be really into it -

ended up spending all night there and most of today w/ plans to maybe hang out tonight or soon. Dont know if ive ever felt like this abt someone before- definately not in such a short time span of knowing them but we'll see. - Description? asian ~ 26, fake boobs not too big tho (oh hi and der) short, not a knockout beatuy but very cute. Theres a not so nice part to the story that i will leave out for now because i hope all will be fine (nothing serious just a lil meh) but yeh so thats pretty crazy lol

Old 11-25-2010, 11:24 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Today played a full sched - had fun w/ it but ran just appaulingly which i guess was obv incoming. did itm a couple of things so losses werent insane but i'll be down a lil today. Wont be playing mtts tomorrow afaik, maybe some cash but going out in the night to see affore mentioned girl who for the sake of ease we'll call Carol (tho thats not her name) so should be fun will update that trip on the saturday. End roll is ~ idk cus i closed all but stars

Old 11-27-2010, 02:49 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Ahh in two minds whether to post anything but im here now... typing so what the helll. Havent played since last update - been busy w/ afforementioned girl. Got kinda serious kinda quick.. enjoying very much but its... complicated and adfldljfdfl idk stressful, the situation that is (wont explain here i think not good but trust me its complicated and a pretty big headflipflipflipflip) home now, prob free all day but i cant play... distracted thinking about other stuff so i know i wont play well. Dont wanna go out so like wtf am i gonna do lol ahhh will figure it out. Miss her already though which is crazy only left her place hour ago or so..idk we'll see what happens

Old 11-28-2010, 03:18 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Saw her again yesterday - went out then spent night at her place and feeling a lot better about everything.. had good talk. Still a lil unsure about 1 or 2 things but not as much and so its all good. But enough about my soap opera lifestyle lets talk poker... its sunday, im home, im ready and gonna grind it all day lets see if life and poker rungood sync up cya later for the post sunday update.

Old 11-29-2010, 01:16 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinthorn View Post
lets see if life and poker rungood sync up
They infact do not -_- had fun playing today but nothing really went right.. ran pretty atrocious in key hands, had tediously long spells of card/spot deadness ~bubble/itm of mtts so was a grind at times but i had enough tables to keep my attention plus i still have fun playing poker and being in a good mood helps my level of tolerance tho these days dont really get frustrated at all anyway. Days losses were minimised by 25th in $75 15k or w/e gura is ko on tilt for $160 +$60 or $90 of kos and FT bubbling the 11 1r 1a on ftp (A flipflipflipflipING GAIN WTF IS THE flipflipflipflipING BITCHING DEAL WITH THIS MOTHER flipflipflipflipING TOURNAMENT?!??!?!.. ahem) for ~ $200.

Not too much else to report... might have caught a cold which will render me unable to play because i dont like playing sick... maybe can grind a micro sched or some shit cus being sick gets boring but idk might just need to sleep it off. 90% sure im playing a full sched today/tomorrow unless something irl comes up.

Old 11-29-2010, 05:44 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Playing a full sched today - have already been playing a while and been nothing short of awful but thats fine... seems monday is becoming the new sunday cus people are awwwful today still got a few hours of tournaments that havent started yet so plenty of time to win da ca$h money.

Not sure how the real life updates go down w/ you guys feel free to give me some feedback on the blog ( i know ur reading it ) if you want purely poker, if you want to hear brief stuff about life, if you want lots of life like a full overview of everything, if you want details of sex stuff that goes down or doesnt, if you want w/e just lemme know and i can help you out here

Poker Forum | Poker Staking

Poker Site Reviews
Titan Poker Pokerstars William Hill Bodog Carbon Poker Ladbrokes Party PokerCake Poker