Surfers Poker, Poker Forum

Go Back   Surfers Poker - Poker Forum > Poker Blogs and Poker Entertainment > Poker Blogs
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Silver Supernova Horse
Elite Supernova Staker III

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Staker Points: 44887.12
TPS: 3125.505
Plays at : Pokerstars
Game of choice : NLHE MTTs.
Fav. Online Player : durrrr
Fav. Pro : Daniel Negreanu
TomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via MSN to TomPerez Send a message via Skype™ to TomPerez

I'll open with a sentence I already used in the last post.

November! New month, new chances!

I started out the month well in a live game last Saturday. I got 5th out of 38 for 40. Not a lot, first was 400, but I'm really satisfied with my play. I didn't really get the chance of being aggressive, so I played pretty tight throughout the tournament. My first table noticed that. The only guy who was playing a bit (also the biggest donk of the table) sat to my right. He kept saying how I was really tight and only played AA. First time I limped behind him he said I had AA, I thought I had 98o. He donked his stack down to 3000 with 5000 starting stacks. The last hand before the break he raised, I 3-bet him with QQ, he went all in, I snapcalled, he had A4o. That meant the end of his tournament and I went up to 8200.

In the second hour I stayed on that stack without a lot of interesting pots. You can read the rest in the Poker News and Stories forum.

So, it's election day. Obama already won in a few micro towns, not much but it's a win nevertheless. I was in favour of Obama, just like 90% of Holland, but I knew nothing about what he stands for, just like 95% of Holland. So I went to take a test. Surprisingly, Obama was the outcome! I agreed 80% with him if that's how you can say it. A few of his statements I didn't really agree to, but more than to McCain's statements, so yeah, appearantly I'm in favour of Obama. I'm going to try and stay up the whole night to watch the election (and a Flames game in between).

I think Obama will win, just look at how the polls are at the moment. On TV they were talking about the polls, and they were saying that Obama was likely to get fewer votes than the polls say, just because in polls people don't want to say that they're afraid to vote for a black guy, but that they might change that thought in an anonymous vote booth. I think he'll get a few more votes though, due to his passed away grandmother.

In 2002 I thought, we were a few weeks away from election in Holland, when suddenly Pim Fortuyn, the leader of a pretty radical party was killed. This resulted in a major rise in the polls for that party. They even managed to get in the government. However, they screwed up and it was the shortest lasting government ever in Holland, just about 100 days. Had Fortuyn not be killed, he probably would've gotten a lot less votes.

I think we might see the same effect here, although this time it's different situation, but nevertheless I think that some people who were still in doubt might feel sorry for Obama and vote for him.

One way or another, this will be a historic day for not just America, but for the entire world as well. The winner of this "competition" will become the most powerful man on Earth, and he will have the duty to set a few things right that Bush screwed up. I believe that every president one time or another will screw up in his term, so at the end of this 4 year term people will probably say that they want a Republican again because "Obama wasn't the guy they were looking for after all".

We'll see how it goes, I'll keep you updated in a Beach thread, and hopefully I will get to say that before California is decided the new habitant of the White House will be: President Obama.

My blog is inactive again, check it out!

[9/23/2010 5:45:13 PM] mark withers: ha ur too smart to get levelled i fail
^^^^^^ Listen to this man. Many have tried, many have failed. Your tries are useless, for I am Erik, The Unlevelable!
Except for Sal, he did it

Old 11-18-2008, 08:23 PM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

TomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

Let's do something new..

Surfers Poker Video Agreement - IMPORTANT NOTICE:
No media files are hosted on Surfers Poker. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE, take me to the video

^^^^^^ Listen to this man. Many have tried, many have failed. Your tries are useless, for I am Erik, The Unlevelable!

Old 11-20-2008, 09:01 PM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

I'm sorry for the bad sound at a few spots.

No media files are hosted on Surfers Poker. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.

Old 12-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Default December Month, Staking Month

Old 12-05-2008, 01:54 PM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Alright, the WBCOOP is coming again, and I'm entering for the first time. I was too late with making the blog last time to be eligible, ah well. This time I'll take it down This year there are 6 freeroll qualifiers for the ME, all have 72 seats for the final, and additional prizes for higher places, giving out a "Sunday Major Platinum Package" for the winner, including 3x $215 tickets, 1x $530 and 1x $11. Would be the most awesome thing to win that.. The final has even cooler prizes, PCA package and some other stuff for first. Would be great.. Anways, enough with the dreaming, it's from 15-21st December, GL me and all other Surfers entering this!

Old 12-27-2008, 11:23 AM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Let's do a written post again. Why? I'm watching my Rock in Rio DVD and I don't want to pause it!

The year is almost over, I had a great Christmas at my aunt and uncle's. I hope all of you did as well. It's really my favorite time of the year, everyone is suddenly so nice to one another. We had a busy time in the supermarket where I work, except for 7-8 am on Wednesday as people were not really aware of the fact that we opened at 7 the day before Christmas instead of the usual 8 am. We were open with 6 counters and we maybe had 20 clients all hour XD

Today is probably going to be busy as hell again as people need to do their shopping for the weekend. They obviously haven't had time for that the past 2 days.

Well, maybe for you that's not obvious, as Boxing Day is a huge shopping day in all of North America, but it works different here.

Here in Holland we have two Christmas Days. The first (25 Dec) is called "Eerste Kerstdag" or First Christmasday, the second obviously Second Christmasday. I don't know where it came from but we have it with Easter as well. Anyways, so everyone is free for 2 days here and they have to do all their weekend shopping today.. I don't know if the supermarket is properly prepared for it, but we'll see. Hopefully it will be a hectic, super chaotic day. I like those.

I can't wait till I'm done with work though. I really really really want to play those $1.10 10k players SnG's. I'm regged in the first two now, hoping they won't fill till I get back, but I wouldn't count on it.

I'm also probably going to do some $11 180-seaters tonight. I've only played 6 so far, with one final table bubble. I'm hoping to burst that bubble tonight..

So how did my December Staking go? Well, I haven't actually staked that much, it's been more investing in BAS's, which went freaking awesome. Great job and congratz to Lapchong for more than quadrupling my investment, and also to LordV for doubling my investment. I now have $100 in NT, who's also doubled the roll, another $100 in LordV, potentially $100 in Ma77, something in Leafs, $86 in Lap and NT. If they all do as awesome as Lap and Lord I may break the $1000 in my roll again.

What? Just $1000? And you're investing $100 in MULTIPLE people? Yeah... I know. I'm breaking BRM limits, but I don't care. I just don't care. My goal was to reach $3000 by my 18th birthday so I can start playing live pretty regularly, and I'm already making this goal just by working. That's why I see my Stars money more as money with which I'm willing to take risks now, it's fun.

So my roll counts $533.25 now. That's really inaccurate though. I mean, I still have about $200 of my own BAS, and I probably have more than that in other peoples accounts. I've seen myself break BRM limits way more often lately btw. I'm playing $11 MTT's at least once a week, the S2HG, but I'm playing more when I feel like it. I'm going to try and satty into the Sunday Million this week though. I mean, freaking $2.5 million in it, a good moment to try and make my debut in it I think.

I think that's been about it for now, I hope to be posting more often from now on, most will probably be text posts again, with here and there a video post. See you in 6 hours, when I'm done working and ready to start to pwn the fields for this weekend! Nonstop freaking poker.

Old 12-29-2008, 05:32 PM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Gawd, poker went horrible this weekend. Anyways, enough about that.

I thought about something at work today. Remember how I always say I get bored playing online. Well, I guess I need something to spice it up then. My first idea was doing a challenge, but not just a challenge, one with bets on it. I was maybe thinking about going for a $10k roll before 31st Dec 2010. I'd do that by grinding the turbo STT's Monday through Friday and playing tons of MTT's in the weekends.

I think I could do this if there is something involved that will keep it interesting for me. I will work it out more later but expect the $10k challenge to start as soon as I'm done with my BAS and I get all my invested money back. I will need to know my starting bankroll to make a solid plan. However, 2 years to make a $10k bankroll should be very doable. I just don't really know my educational situation of the coming years, how much time I'll have to play. I will need to track my results better as well. I'll probably do this in excell sheets or maybe pokertracker but you have to put in the result of every single tourney there, way too much work I think.

I'll work this out more the coming days, I'll keep you updated.

Old 01-02-2009, 12:43 PM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Hey everyone!

First of all happy New Year!! Best wishes and stuff, make it an awesome year!

I'm going to go through with my plan. My goal will be to have a total $10000 in my Stars and Full Tilt rolls by the Dec 31st 2010. That gives me two years to make that. How am I going to do that? Easily. I'm going to grind SnG's ($3.40 10 man turbos, later $6.50 and $16's, 180 turbo seaters and 90 turbo seaters) and play like every MTT (<$11 to start, will be bigger later) there is on every Sunday. I'm am not going to break BRM rules again, so no $3.30R for now anymore. I'll be using the same BRM rules I have posted earlier;

Bankroll || Level MTTSnG || Level STT
$325 || <$3.40 || <$5.50
$412.50 || <$5.50 || <$7.70
$650 || <$6.50 || <$11
$925 || <$11 || <$16
$1200 || <$14/$3.30R || <$22
$1850 || <$22/$5.50R || <$33
$2500 || <$33 || <$55
$4500 || <$55 || <$109
$10000 || <$109 || <$215

For now I'm sticking to <$5.50 for MTTSnG's/MTT's and <$7.70 for STT's. This is because I don't know my exact bankroll due to having invested a lot of money (congratz luv and NT btw for earning me some money again ) and still having my own BAS open (which is going badly btw, thinking of ending with $12 turbo 180 seaters instead of the non-turbo's. After that I'll know my starting roll for this challenge. It'll be something around $600 I think, depending on LordV's BAS.

I can't wait to start this, I'll be updating it a lot, I'm thinking of making a website for my blog so it'll be easier for me to update this but we'll see that later. I'll ask Venice to change the name of my blog once again, this time it'll probably be something like "TomPerez' constant change of challenges" or something XD

Anyways, gotta get back to work, thanks for reading, happy New Year's!

Old 01-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Okay, part 2 of the post above.

I'm going to have to keep a good track of everything I play, and that's why I'll be posting results and bankroll updates pretty often. I'm buying a huge notebook (a paper one, not a laptop XD) tomorrow to write everything in. I'm also thinking of maybe making an excell sheet, but I'm not sure about that yet.

I'm also thinking about buying a way bigger second screen. The one I have now is 15" and that means that tables overlap when tiling 5 already and I can't tile more than 9... I also want a second screen for when I'm multitabling between Pokerstars and Full Tilt, just way more comfortable imo. I can also use my television as second screen, but it's an old one so I don't know if I can use it...

That's it for now I think, going to start a $3.40 turbo STT session soon, not officially part of this challenge though, it will start when all BAS's including mine are complete.

Oh, that was something I forgot. During this challenge I will not play any BAS's, maybe I will invest in some but I'm not sure yet.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:37 PM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Alright, I've played a lot of $3.40s today. They went horrible. I was losing most of my 80-20s and 70-30s and stuff, just ran really bad. Also did one session of 6 $6.50 9 player turbo's to try those out, because I easily have the roll to play those. I got 1st, 2nd and 3rd so I got a nice profit in those, about $20. I lost about $30-$40 in the $3.40's though. I'm not keeping track of every single one yet though, will do that when I officially start my challenge after the BAS.

For now I'm just going for good BoP scores and I'm going to try and make SilverStar this month. So far I'm on 183 FPP's where I should be at 250, but about 125 of those I made today. I can easily squeeze 2+ $3.40 sessions in a day, in which I earn 26 FPP's per session. I just hope I'm going to run a bit better to make a profit while doing it, I know I really am able too, the players in it are just so bad. Tonight I played a session with 3 or 4 regulars though, immediately makes it harder, especially as I don't really know them all yet.

I got Member of the Month this month I really don't know how I did it but I'm really proud and happy about it, motivates me to do even more for the site! I missed out on the Blog of the Month, but that's not surprising with only 3 posts last month. This month I'm going to get the prize though, solely and alone Or maybe with Barret if he keeps up his posting habits as well

Alright, I've played 13 games for the BAS now, only mincashed in one.. I have no idea what it is, but I guess it's just me not being comfortable playing with other people's money anymore. I'm probably not going to do a BAS like ever again after this one, even if I still ship one tourney. Still 9 to go, but I'd rather do $3.40 sessions.. I'm even thinking about just cancelling it, but you guys keep telling me to go on Ah well, it's your money

My bankroll is around $700 now on Stars and $50 on Tilt. I'm going to trade something more to Tilt though when I'm going to play more there, which will start this weekend with their SnG Madness promotion. Would be sweet to pick up a few prizes in that, probably going to play the $5 or $2 ones, not sure yet.

Alright, so far the quick update, going to bed now, good night everyone!

Old 01-08-2009, 11:46 PM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

I'm close to starting the challenge, I'm projecting my bankroll at around $700 unless LordV or Barret ship it biiiiig (or lose it all XD). I've been grinding the $3.40's this week, so far 92 played, my BoP score is 1050, 10 points equals $3 in prizes, meaning I've made $315 in prizes at $312.8 in buy ins XD. Ah well, I also had one $6.50 session in which I made a $20 profit, so it's profit. I'm still learning to grind the $3.40's really well so this is hopefully a smaller profit than I will later have.

I decided I wouldn't dedicate this post entirely to poker. This is because there is something going on in Holland. Something that brings excitement in the air. It's been freezing cold for the past week in Holland, even -15C at night, which is exceptional here. As you may know Holland is the world leading country in Ice Skating. Now it's freezing, all the small lakes and canals have frozen solid, and really frozen solid. The whole country has been wanting to skate on all this sudden natural ice, and the skate factories can't keep up with the orders.

There's something more though. Here in Holland we are so crazy that we hold marathon competitions for 100km-200km of Ice Skating on natural ice. Today was the first time in 12 years that the National Championship could be held on natural ice, most of the people riding the race hadn't even skated a marathon on natural ice before. The winner was Sjoerd Huisman, who's been doing great all season, but now suddenly half the country knows his name. It's a bit like Maarten van der Weijden, who won Olympic Gold at the 10k open water swimming. He instantly was a celebrity and even voted Dutchy of the Year.

But there's more. The most famous Ice Skating Marathon is held in the province of Friesland. It's called the "Elfstedentocht", rougly translated the Eleven Cities Journey. It's a marathon that goes through eleven cities in Friesland, all connected by water. It's almost 200 km long. It was first held in 1909 and since then another 14 times. That's only 15 times in a century. That's part of the reason why it's so special. The winner recieves National Glory, his name will never be forgotten. The last one was held 12 years ago, a week after the last National Championship.

So that's the background information.

It's been freezing for a week now, officials say it has to freeze -10C for a week, but he haven't had that. Still you hear the same question everywhere in the country; "Will there be another Elfstedentocht?". Every one is nervous. People are now saying it's not coming. But hope isn't yet cast away, it might still go and freeze more...

Alright, enough about that, I'll keep you updated though.

Now on the more serious note...

I WANT MARIO KART FOR THE WIIIII!!!!! It was freaking sold out when I tried to buy it!! I ordered it though and I should have it sometime next week. I played the game when a highschool friend of mine who moved to Sweden to live with his fiance (who he met on a school trip XD) came here for Winter Break. It's such a freaking awesome game. I've been a fan of all Mario Karts but I haven't got this yet and I WANT IIIIIIT!!!

Alright, enough for the whining. I'm planning on ending my BAS on Saturday if they won't call me to fill in for work. It's been crazy there, seems like everyone is ill. It's been really hectic for a week, I like it though

Old 01-12-2009, 12:24 AM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

I decided to still continue my BAS after I said that I would stop it on Friday after yet another bad run. I now still have 3 to play, but I'm not sure when I'm playing them.

The SNG Championship has started! This time it's only the prize for first instead of a second round. I'm going to play a huge volume this week so there will probably be no chance that I'll make it, I'll be really satisfied with a 10% avg. ROI because that would mean that I profit about $80 this week. I'm planning to play about 250, 130 of which will be tomorrow. I'm free from work tomorrow so I'm aiming at playing 10 sessions of 13 tables.

This is also a good opportunity to get back on track for Silverstar, as I now have where I should've been on the 7th, 4 days behind scedule. If I play 130 tomorrow I'll ship 260 FPP's meaning I get exactly back on track. I'll need to keep playing 25-26 per day to make it though, but that's just 2 sessions. If I'm not close enough in the last week I'm going to pump in like every free 40 minutes of time that I have. I just have to make it, have 1.5x FPP's in February would be great, then I could probably buy in directly to the Turbo Takedown at the end of the month.

Alright, for a total different subject: I had about the most important badminton match of the season today. Just for background info: with your team of 4 players you play 8 games per match. Scores are therefor always 8-0, 7-1, 6-2, 5-3 or 4-4. The amount of points you get for the league is just your score, so if you play 6-2 you get 6 points, if you play 1-7 you get 1. Now we're competing for the championship, as we were in second place before today, 3 points behind the leaders, who we were playing against. Now we've been winning about everything with 8-0 lately, while they're always winning with 5-3. We can easily have more points than them at the end of the season, but the problem is that as long as they win every match it doesn't matter what amount of points they have, they'll just be the champion.

So the mission was simple, we shouldn't let them win. It wouldn't be that hard I thought, they have one incredibly good guy, who's in the National Selection, but the rest of the team isn't that strong. I obviously had to play my single against the good guy, and I was able to keep up pretty well (just to compare, I've played for 10 years now, this is his 3rd year..) at times, and my technique was just about as good as his, but my condition was my weakness. Halfway the second set I just couldn't do anything anymore really, I was dead. So I lost that game.

However, we managed to win 4 of them meaning we tied the game. So now the championship is completely open with two matches to go. They still have to play three matches as one of their matches has to be replayed, so we're 5 points ahead really with one game played more. Now I don't think they'll win that game with more than 5 points, they're playing the number three of the league. Our two remaining matches are against two teams that we both beat 8-0 already, so it should be achievable again, I certainly hope so.

That's enough for now, Craxer and I are both cashing the $2.75 so I want to concentrate on that. I'm at his place, it's actually way more fun to play poker online with two people on two computers, especially if you're allowed to enter the same MTT from the same IP.

Alright, I'll update tomorrow evening about how it went tomorrow, I hope I can turn out a nice profit and a nice start for the SnG Championship.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

I'll start at this morning.

It's 8:30, my alarm clock goes off. I'm ready to pwn the $3.40 donks.. buuut just not yet I think is I turn it off and fall back asleep.

One and a half hours later I do manage to get out of bed and after a nice breakfast and checking surfers and some other stuff I start my first session at 11:00. I'm still a bit sleepy so I'm not that well concentrated, easy to see when I bust out of one game within the first two minutes. But heck, after the first session of 14 SnG's I'm up a nice $6.40.

I started another right away. In the meantime my father left the house leaving me homealone so naturally the music went WAY up. Then halfway the session I'm getting called by Craxer on skype. By this time I was still on 10 tables and it was going sickly fast. I could hardly keep up with the action, but after I busted on a few tables it became easier. I eventually won two, got second once and had three third places giving me a $9.40 profit. So I'm up a good $15.8 at lunchtime. I'm already thinking that's more profit then you'd have if I worked two hours this morning.

After a nice lunch I was ready for more sessions. The first session went good as well, $12.80 profit. Another session after that was great. I ran great, winning flips, winning a few 30-70, heck, I even cracked AA with QJ by hitting a straight on the river. I end the session with $24.80 profit. I was now up about $50 for the day already, it went way better than I expected. However, nearing the end of the session I felt a small headache building. Heck, that's not too weird after over 5 hours of nearly non-stop poker on MANY tables. I decided to take a small break, watched a family guy ep, I just love that show.

After the small break I played my fifth session, this time together with Craxer. Well, he was on 4 of my tables. We both made good profits, never coming in the money together though. I profited $12.80 on that session. The headache returned though.

I decided to do one more, and maybe take a huge break until dinner after that to calm down. I'm glad I decided to do one more. This was a session how we like to see them. I wasn't running great, not getting that many awesome situations. I still managed to win 4/13 though and one second and one third place. I made a huge $30.80 profit in one single session. I was up $97 for the day after that, making the day a huge success already. I had played 80 of them now, with about a 30% ROI.

I still had the headache though, and I was starting to get a bit sick of the SnG's, so I decided to call it a day for them at my best point and play some MTT's in the evening. I cashed 2/5 but still lost $10 as both were almost mincashes, bad situations itm and stuff.

So I ended the day with just under $87 profit which is an absolute great day for me. I'm waiting for the SnG Champ leaderboard to be updated but looking at my graph it should be good. I also have a good high orbit BoP score in the making. I have 1230 points after 80 games, which means that I'm on track for a 1500+ score. I'm going to play two 10 game sessions tomorrow morning to finish it off. Hopefully I'll be able to run great so I can make it 1600 or more for a serious chance at the top 10.

I'm looking through my blog and it looks like I haven't updated on my career choosing for a while. Well, I've come to the conclusion that I don't want to go to college again. I'm just not the learning kind of guy, I nearly puke at the idea of having to study books of 1500+ pages for tests. I'm more of a guy who learns through experience, also to be seen in my poker learning as I've done most of my learning through playing lots and lots of hands. I've only read one book and occasionally been active in the strategy forum here. I can never keep myself to just learning though, and that's why such a theoratical study is just nothing for me.

No, I'm now looking at the option of moving up the ladder in the supermarket where I work now. They offer a few courses, most where you work 4 days a week and go to school one day. Then you can become supermarketmanager and stuff and that really sounds good to me I have to say. I like the idea of having to run a huge shop, I'm not sure why, maybe it's the power, maybe it's the satisfaction, but it just sounds good.

I'm also still in the want of pursueing a career in poker. It is and will remain my dream to one day be travelling the world to big poker tournaments, maybe being sponsored and stuff. But hey, gotta learn and build a roll first, and that's mainly what the $10k challenge is for. I just have to play bigger games now for me to learn more about the game, but there's work to do first. It's going to be tough to constantly play the same games though, may become pretty boring, but combined with normal work I think it will be achievable.

I do want to move up to the $6.50's soon though. I fear that the opposition is way better there but the rake is just so much lower than at the $3.40's. You pay 10c more for double the buy in, that's just such a good deal. The problem is that a lot less players play these, and I'm probably going to have to 9 table them at max, also for bankroll reasons. Not sure about my bankroll now, but I can easily play the $6.50s, just not 13 at a time I think. 9 at a time maybe. I'm certainly going to experiment with these soon, maybe even next week. This week I'm going to stay at the $3.40s though, mainly for the SnG Championship.

Oh by the way, I want to buy a new screen, anything bigger than 20" around costing around $150-$250, please pm me if you have recommendations.

That's it for now, thanks for reading if you got this far

Old 01-14-2009, 10:06 AM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

I'm not used to doing 2 line blog posts, but this will be one. I just want to say that I didn't finish that BoP High Orbit score yesterday because of a continueing headache the entire day, which I even still feel now. Trust me, I'm not going to try and play 100 SnG's in a day for a looong time.

Old 01-18-2009, 09:56 PM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

I'm having kind of a headache again so this probably won't be a long post but I still want to update my blog.

I really haven't played a lot the past days (absolutely nothing on Friday and Saturday actually) because of 2 reasons. Work aaaaand.... MARIO KART!!! I finally got it on Friday and it's so awesome. I have been playing it way too much the past two days and combined with work I just couldn't get any poker time in until today.

I did 2x 9x $6.50 9 seater sessions today. The first went bad, ran pretty bad and stuff, came 2nd twice and 3rd once for a pretty big loss, but the second session was unbelievable. Out of 9 SnG's I managed to get HU in 6 of them. Of course I had some luck but it wasn't like everything went my way, especially HU. But hey, pretty hard playing 4 HU's at the same time... I won 3 of them and came second in the other 3. Great result, I cashed for $129.6 with $58.5 buy ins. That put me about $50-$60 up for the day.

After that I played 4 $6.50 18 seaters because DutchMart told me they were easy as well. Got nothing going in any of them and I needed to win A3 vs. TT vs. 77 to at least cash one. I came third in that meaning I just had a small loss, nothing bad.

So after all it was a good day for poker.

Then for badminton, I played my second to last match of the season today and we had to win with 8-0. Our direct opponents for the championship only won with 6-2 yesterday so it was a good chance for us to get in the lead. However, we also won with only 6-2 so it really didn't make a lot of change. They still haven't played against the number 3 btw, the match was cancelled again last wednesday so I still don't know what we're at really.

Only one match to go, we HAVE to win that with 8-0, but hey, it's against the team who's dead last in the league, so easy.

Alright, back to poker. Because I haven't played a lot lately I've fallen behind on SilverStar scedule. I have earned 690 VPP's now while I should've been on about 900 today. I'll try to get back the next days, my working scedule till Thursday is: Mon 8-13, Tue 8-13, Wed free, Thu 18-20:15. That means that I'll have a LOT of free time and that will be split between three things, poker, Mario Kart and FAMILY GUUUY!

I'll throw in at least 4x 9x $6.50 per day so I'll earn double of what I need to per day so I'll get back on track. I really want to make Silverstar this month because I want to buy the Customizable T-Shirt from the VPP Store. I've putten up a thread in the beach where you can come up with a 20 letter max slogan to go on the back of it. I want something funny, prefferably containing "TomPerez", but not necessarily. The person who came up with the one I will pick will get a $5.50 MTT stake from me (and of course a pic of the thing when it arrives )

I was also thinking of buying the Samsung T220 22" screen from the VPP store but that thing costs 26k and you have to be Goldstar. Well, Goldstar is still a long time away for me, I'll need to be at the $16 level first if I want to have a shot. I think I'll get there this summer if I'll be able to gring out the $6.50's nicely. They're not as easy as the $3.40's but they're still easy. People play really different though, they're way tighter it seems, which is not great when you're multitabling because I'm usually pretty tight as well multitabling.

Ah well, I expect that if I put in good volume, that's like 100+ of them per week (100 to make a BoP score every week, this week I got 44th on the Mars High Orbit earning me an extra $10) I should be able to profit $75 per week. It'll go pretty fast then, especially if I'll be able to win something with MTT's on Sundays.

Alright, bankroll updates:

Stars - $466.63
Full Tilt - $154.36
LordV - $100
Lap and NT - $85
Barret - $75
SSS - $38
VBC - $100

And that's it I think so in totaly it's $1018.99

Wow, never knew I had so much. And this is without my own BAS now as I've finished that. I'm going to play $6.50s until I hit $1400 in my Stars account I think, then I'll move to the $16s. I might move my Full Tilt funds back to Stars again though. I always move money there with the idea that I'm going to play more there but I never get around to it. I never take the time or I just like Stars way better. Probably the latter.

When I get all the BAS investments back I'll see where I'm at. This will be around the end of January. For now I'm seriously not going to invest in ANYTHING anymore. I just couldn't help myself from buying shares in Lap and NT this week, but I will not become so weak again. I just want a clear view of what I own right now.

Okay I think that was it, except for one little thing that I have yet to say...:

May the challenge BEGIN!

Old 01-26-2009, 05:37 PM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

If I still want to get Silverstar I have a very difficult task ahead of me. I still need 699 VPP's within a week. That's about 18 sessions of 13 $6.50 9 seaters, which I haven't tried before, just session of 9 at a time.. I'm going to try it though. I'll pump in a few sessions tonight, like 4 of them, then one tomorrow morning, 2 tomorrow afternoon, 1 tomorrow evening, about 6 on wednesday and hopefully the remaining 4 on Thursday. That's the plan for now. If I don't stick to it I can say goodbye to Silverstar for this month. I wanted to play a lot more last week but I ended up only playing Mario Kart and watching iCarly.. Ah well, guess I'll a stressful week now then. GL me!

Old 01-27-2009, 10:45 PM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

I have finally bought a new monitor today. It's a Samsung T240 24" think. I love it I love it I love it!! Resolution of 1920x1200 meaning that 16 tabling is a piece of cake! When I'm ready for it I can slowly move up to 20 and than 24, but that may take a while.

For now I started out with one session of 16 tables. I first have to tell you yesterday's story though.

As planned I played 4 sessions, 3 of which were 13 tables, one was 14 because I lost AA vs. KK on the first hand in one. I started out badly with a -$19.7 session. I came back greatly by winning 4/13 in the next session and one third spot for a nice $34.3 profit. The third session was an average one, I like them, just a nice solid $11.6 profit.

I liked the fourth session best though. Out of the 13 SnG's I managed to cash 10!! Unfortunately 6 of those cashes were third places, but it was pretty hard to keep up with the pace at that time. I took down 3 and got second once for an unbelievable profit of $77.5 in one freaking session. That put me up almost $100 for the day. It was great.

Then this morning I was planning to play one session, but when I wanted to start I saw the "Stupid People" thread and quickly found a vid for that, but when I really wanted to start I saw that it was 8:45 already and I had to leave for work at 9:45 giving me not enough time to safely complete one.

This afternoon I went to shop with my mom for screens and sports shoes so I couldn't play those session after all as well.

I came home with a nice 24" screen though, and the first thing I did on it was a 16-table session. I always have mediocre/bad first sessions so I didn't expect a lot of it, but it came around quite nicely. I wasn't really having trouble with the pace, just at a few spots but I never sat out anywhere so it's okay. It's a bit harder now with the huge screen because my eyes gotta travel way more distance over the screen, and sometimes it's not as easy to see where your at action.

I eventually won 3 of them and got third in 3 so I had a $9.4 profit putting me up $113.10 and 207 FPP's for the week. I still need 492 which is 164 SnG's, so that's about 10 sessions. Tomorrow I'll be free after 1pm so I'll be able to squeeze in at least 8 tomorrow, probably giving me an enormous headache but you have to give something to get SilverStar.

Alright, badminton. We played the last game on Sunday and won it with 8-0 versus the worst team in the league, they only have 8 points after ALL games... I believe I won 11 singles this year meaning I scored 11 points on my OWN. We're not sure if we're going to win yet though. We did all we could, but if Flevoland beats Putten with 6-2 or more than we still don't win. I expect them to just win with 5-3 though meaning we'd be the champion after all... It's exciting, I can't wait for them to play even though I don't know when it's gonna happen yet.

There was something more that I wanted to talk about but I can't remember...

Ah well, let's keep it at that I LOVE this screen. I with love I mean:

Good night

Old 01-28-2009, 03:09 PM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

At STS's request, pics of my new monitor. Apologies for the bad quality, appearantly even though it's supposed to my cam can't really handle 1.3 MP.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 20.jpg (23.1 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 21.jpg (28.6 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 22.jpg (22.2 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 23.jpg (29.1 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 24.jpg (33.0 KB, 116 views)

Old 01-29-2009, 11:48 PM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

At the start of the day I only needed 192 VPP's to make Silverstar, meaning 4 sessions of 16 tables. I planned to play 2 session in the morning and two in evening after work. There was one problem however...

When I woke up, I had no internet!!! It was so freaking annoying, I was almost panicing because I had about no time to spare for Silverstar. Anyways, headed off to work without having played a single SnG. Then work pretty much sucked, I was behind this really bad counter, where the cashier would hardly ever close right so I had to jam on it a time or two afterwards, really annoying to have that for 4 hours. Plus, we're having a soccer stickers action now meaning we have a bunch of kids blocking the front door every afternoon now, asking everyone who passes for their stickers.

Anyways, when I got back I still had no internet. I was starting to get pissed with the provider and preparing for one of the worst bad beats I've had to take ever. I resetted the modem and stuff. Eventually my dad was coming home, he resets the modem once and everything immediately worked fine! Seems I constantly resetted the wrong device.. XD

After all I've been able to play three sessions tonight, leaving one for tomorrow afternoon before I leave to a bungalow park for the weekend to celebrate my grandparents 55th anniversary.

How am I doing you ask? See for yourself:

Code:

Session || Amount || Buy In || 1st || 2nd || 3rd || Profit
------------------------------------------------------------
1       || 13     || 84.5   || 0   || 2   || 3   || -19.7
2       || 13     || 84.5   || 4   || 0   || 2   || +45.1
3       || 14     || 91     || 2   || 1   || 3   || +11.6
4       || 13     || 84.5   || 3   || 1   || 6   || +77.5
5       || 16     || 104    || 3   || 0   || 3   || +9.4
6       || 18     || 117    || 1   || 2   || 2   || -36
7       || 16     || 104    || 4   || 2   || 2   || +58
8       || 16     || 104    || 1   || 1   || 2   || -39.2
9       || 17     || 110.5  || 2   || 3   || 2   || +13.7
10      || 16     || 104    || 3   || 3   || 4   || +68.8
11      || 17     || 110.5  || 2   || 3   || 0   || -7.9
12      || 20     || 130    || 4   || 0   || 3   || +10.4
13      || 16     || 104    || 2   || 3   || 1   || +9.4
14      || 16     || 104    || 2   || 5   || 0   || +31
-----------------------------------------------------------
        || 221    || 1436.5 || 33  || 26  || 33  || +232.1
Looks good eh? 16.1% ROI, adding about 20% to my roll in just one week. I know I'm not going to play this volume a lot of weeks, but even just $150 a week is great and should get me to the $16's soon. When I'm there I'll be able to even make a living hopefully, at least a good income at the side, but that's stuff for later, now I just want to build a roll. The 16's will be a lot harder though.

Even with these good results I'm not going to get a good BoP score this week. My low orbit high is 405 points, already outside the top 40, my high orbit high is high in the 1300, which is still in the top 40, but will fall out soon. No matter what I'm really happy with the week. Also of course with the fact that I'm going to make Silverstar now tomorrow, will add me at least another 750 FPP's next month, assuming that I'll keep up the volume to make Silverstar again, which with just $6.50's should be way easier than combined with the $3.40's like this month.

So my roll is just over $700 now at Stars, $150 on Tilt which I will probably again ship back to Stars, except $20 for the Poker After Dark and future events there. Barret finished his BAS with a good profit after FT'ing the $22 $32k. I profited only $15 on it though, I thought I had invested $75 but it was only $45. Lapchong's BAS is as good as dead, I don't see him getting it back up anymore so I lost $75 on that. I also lost about $80 on Lap's and NT's BAS, they couldn't ship anything but a few bucks in the $3R in a Sunday MTT Run. Tejus' is then the last one going, combined with the SSS and VBC of course, he's now at a $700 roll but he'll get it back up hopefully now that he'll be able to put in more volume. After all my roll should be about $1100, but I'll just keep it state it at $830 for now.

Old 01-30-2009, 02:58 PM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

"Dear TomPerez,

Congratulations! You have achieved SilverStar VIP status.

Your VIP level lasts for the rest of this month and all of next month.

This entitles you to the following rewards:

- 50% FPP Multiplier - you now earn 1.5 FPP credits instead of 1 FPP credit
- SilverStar VIP Store access - choose from new and exclusive merchandise in the SilverStar store
- $500 Daily VIP tourneys - 3 x a day - 10 FPP entry
- $20,000 Weekly VIP tourneys - Saturdays at 14:30 ET - 100 FPP buy-in
- $100,000 Monthly VIP tourney - last Saturday of each month - 130 FPP satellites available

These exclusive VIP tournaments can be found in your Pokerstars game lobby under the 'Tourney > VIP > All' tab.

To remain a SilverStar, you need to earn at least 1,500 VPPs next month to maintain your level.

There are even more rewards for you if you hit GoldStar VIP status. Earn 4,000 VPPs in a month and you will earn GoldStar status. To learn more about the VIP Club and the rewards offered, visit our web page at Pokerstars.com/vip" target="_blank">http://www.Pokerstars.com/vip

Regards,

The Pokerstars Team

49 Victoria Street, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM1 2LD"

Yay. $3 in the last session.

Leaving now for the weekend

Old 02-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Alright, it's February!

I've had an awesome weekend with my family in a bungalow park. My grandparents and my uncle and aunt and their three children were in one bungalow, and me, my brothers and my parents in the other one. I was hanging with my cousin about all the time which was really fun.

I also owned at archery, we had two boards for an hour so I got to shot 5 times I think, 3 arrows per time. My smaller niece was surprisingly good, she was the first one to hit bullseye, but than the instructor put balloons on the board for us to hit. On my second arrow in my first try with the balloons I already hit one straight through the middle. After that only my brother hit one and my uncle if I remember correctly. On the second try I completely missed them, but on the last my father was trying to get a pic of me and my brother shooting simultanously, but his style was way different, I was aiming for a long time while he just put up to bow and shot. So on the next shot I had my bow down and was like, "Like this?", put it up and shot within a second, PANG, right through the balloon. That felt soooo great, just like I was Legolas XD

Enough about archery, we also went bowling where I came second behind my mother ( ) That was pretty weird because normally my dad or my older brother wins but now I beat them all, including my cousin.. she sucked During the bowling session we were playing with my uncles camera though, was pretty stupid but really funny to watch back.

After all it just was a great weekend, but I was pretty depressed when we had to say goodbye, have had that before but it's 5 years since we've spent a weekend together so now it was worse than normal. But ah well, music always helps me to become happy again

Now I have to get back to poker. There are only 27 remaining February days, most of which or working days for me, so I can't really have a full day of poker often, only in the beginning of March when I FINALLY have a week off, but that still takes a while and it's a bit too late for February. So 27 days means that I need to make about 55 VPP's per day to maintain Silverstar. This will be easy as I now make at least 48 VPP's per session.

I'm looking to play around 750 $6.50's this month, or about 50 sessions. That's 2 sessions per day, easily reachable. $500 would be a very good profit for me, but I can do better I think but you always have to count downswings. IF I'm profiting $500 I'll be around $1500 at the end of the month, which would mean that I'll slowly be going on to the $16's. I'll probably start by 9-tabling them, just to get the feel and stuff, get a proper strategy because I'm sure that people play really different there. Then slowly I'll increase the amount of tables to 12,16,20 and in the end 24 probably. I've already tried one 20 table session at the $6.50s. It was pretty hectic but I think I just have to get used to it. I made a $10 profit on that session btw, so I did pretty well still.

I ordered the "Secrets of SnG's" book from the FPP store. I hope that this book can learn me more about ICM (Independent Chip Model). I really have to master it if I ever want to make a living off SnG's, although that's not really what I want, I'm just using them now to make a decent roll so I can play MTT's at a way higher volume. I still really want to learn about it because I have a long way to go before I'm at the $10000. However, at this rate I may get there way earlier than I thought I would. Due to the unexpected volume and the even more unexpected profits I'm getting it's going way faster than I thought. With the unexpected volume I mean that I didn't expect to be able to play 16 table sessions so soon, with the unexpected profits I mean that I didn't know that a 10% ROI would already be so much.

I'll be keeping a record of everything I play from now on, on a nice blocknote that's on my desk. I'm listing it in the way that I posted earlier, and I'm doing it per week. That means that once a week you'll see a nice table of results.

So much for now (that good enough for ya Barret? ), expect the next update in two/three days.

Thanks for reading (even if you didn't read it all of it )

Old 02-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

I didn't really play that much this week. Mostly because I didn't feel like it the majority of the time. I was more busy with work, and just other stuff that I can't really remember.. Mostly watching TV shows I think.. Pretty boring week :P

Gotta get up at 6am tomorrow though to drop canadian friends off at the airport and then going to the birthday of my youngest cousin. This means that I gotta go to bed early, right about now..

Just this post first though. Here are my results of this week:

Code:
SnG's:

1       || 16     || $104   || 2   || 2   || 2   || +$4
2       || 16     || $104   || 2   || 2   || 3   || +$14.8
3       || 16     || $104   || 2   || 2   || 3   || +$14.8
        || 48     || $312   || 6   || 6   || 8   || +$33.6

MTT's:

Tournament || Buy in || Position || Prize
------------------------------------------
NLHE Turbo || $5.50  || 382/2917 || $0
NLHE $15k  || $11    || 1467/2394 | $0
FTP NLHE   || $5.50  || 35/357   || $8.03
FTP NLHE   || $11    || 126/308  || $0
VIP Freeroll| $0     || 150/4059 || $24

Overall MTT profit: -$0.97

Overall Weekly Profit: $32.63

February Profit: $32.63
Not too bad of a profit for such a small volume.. Let's hope I'll play more next week. I won't have any time to play anything tomorrow but I'll catch up on Monday I will fill it with lot's of MTT's, both on Stars and Tilt.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:11 AM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Looong time since I updated this (for my standards then). I haven't really played that much lately, I fell back to MTT's for most of the time, which is a pretty bad mistake as I just do so bad in them all the time lately. Like one and a half week ago, I was playing the Daily Thirty, doing great and stuff, and then top 63 I run AA into QQ and lose for a 2x avg stack. That's just how it goes with me. Just now I broke my S2HG record, finished 430th after I 3bet some guy with A7s after being quiet for a few rounds, he called, flop came JJ6, he checked and I overbet all in the pot a bit, 140k into 110k, he snapcalled me with AJ. Sure I could've just bet 36k or something but I just wanted the pot too badly and thought this was the way to go, he had the exact same stack as me so I wanted to put pressure and unluckily it went wrong.

These small cashes don't make up for the buy ins. I really have to FT and take down stuff for that but I don't know but I've just been sooo unable to anything even remotely close to it. My last FT must have been a $5.50 on FT almost a year ago, maybe something small after that but nothing big, no $2.20 turbo's, Daily Thirty's, $15k's, Silverstar Freerolls.. Just nothing. It just has to be my game now, it's been about a 6 month MTT downswing now. It's weird, I've been learning and learning but it seems that I just can't put it into practice in these things. I think one of the reasons may be that I'm overrating my opponents. As you learn more of the game and you get better, you also think at a higher level than your opponents, the mistake I make (and that I see a lot of other people also make) is thinking that the opponents are at the same level, while most often they are so much worse than you. You try to make way too tricky plays and stuff but you end up just losing value against these people.

Still this seems something that I can't adjust my game too, I keep thinking way too high of my opponents. Maybe if I multitable MTT's more it'll be better, but the problem is that I don't have a roll to multitable m at the moment, but I do think that especially at the earlier stages my play should be way more ABC poker, no fancy bluffs and stuff. With good ABC you can mostly build a good enough stack early on, but I always seem to want to do the small bit extra which mostly ends me up without a stack.

Well, enough about that. I've put up a new Buy A Share, $1600 HEEB for the $16 single table SnG's. I'm gonna run these all over March now, and with a normal 10% ROI and 1000 games if I'm gonna make it I'll double the roll. That's my goal at least. But anyways, I don't see why there aren't that many people investing atm, I mean, if you look at my $3.40 and $6.50 results it can be pretty clear that me making a loss at these in the end is very unlikely. I don't know if it'll be a big profit but it should be at least some profit meaning that it's just easy money investing in me. That's also one of the reasons that I made it pretty big, it's not like your $16 is at risk, I just wanted the bankroll for it, but I think that in the end I'll probably own $500 of the shares, but I don't care, higher profit for me eh! I hope that I can profit enough to get me on a $1600 bankroll at the beginning of April so I can play the $16s of my own dime and really start the big grind to the $10k. Well, if I can keep to 1000 games a month (which I can't) I'll make $1600 with a 10% ROI every month meaning I'll be at 10k before the end of this year. I'm never going to keep up to play 1000 games a month, just look at this one. I said I'd play 750 $6.50s, I end up playing just like 100 now and I'm going to spend the rest of the month now playing $16s.

Yes I'm going to play $16s now. My bankroll is not ready for it yet but people want to see results before they invest such a big amount of money. Also, with the $16s I'll maintain Silverstar easier, just gotta play 227 of them instead of the 400 $6.50s, which would've been way too sick. I'm play smaller sessions of the $16s though, just 9 tables probably so it'll still take about the same amount of sessions, unless I do great in them first half of the week so I can start 16 tabling them already. I did one session of 8 of them today, ended up getting 2nd place 3 times and 3rd once for a $20.5 profit, not too bad. Hope I'll keep getting those results, hopefully a few more ships though, but then I should convince people that I'm capable of maintaining a good rate in these. I'll try to update every day this week for the people who are following this, expect 4-6 sessions a day so enough to talk about at the end of it.

Alright, way different subject... badminton! Results of the match between Flevoland and Putten finally got in aaaaaand... WE WON!!! We won our league!! It feels great, getting something that you worked pretty hard for the entire season, plus I never expected it beforehand. We now have a tournament against all the other league winners on Saturday. We play 4 matches of 5 games each, 1 single of each gender, 1 double of each gender and one mixed double. I'm going to be dead at the end of the day but I'll still bring back a good report of how we did, if we win we actually going to the national finals later on! Don't expect that to happen though, but it would sure be great!

I'm not going to bore you with results of last week (meaning I didn't track them) but I lost about $100 I think in two weeks, not entirely sure as I think it's a bit too much, maybe $50-$75. I'm about break-even for the month then. I've just played way more MTT's than I expected, I kept track of every single one of them before but in the end I just kinda lost it you know. I'll try to keep it further on, but tracking SnG's is just way easier. I do have a week off now so there will probably be one day with a big MTT run, probably Thursday I think, but one run is easily trackable. I'll come back with results every night I hope, but I'll see..

For now, enjoy the rest of Sunday, may everyone ship something today, gl Kelly in the 180 you're playing, and I'll get back at you tomorrow again!

Old 02-23-2009, 11:09 PM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My frigging frigging frigging frigging frigging frigging frigging frigging frigging frigging frigging frigging frigging frigging frigging frigging frigging frigging frigging frigging frigging frigging frigging frigging frigging frigging frigging frigging frigging frigging frigging frigging frigging frigging frigging frigging frigging frigging frigging frigging frigging frigging god.

I just managed to lose an ENTIRE buy in at a 9-table session. I lost $144 in one session, not a single cash in 9 games.

Aaaah I'm so stunned.

How can so few people find SO many monsters. It was unbelievable. Constantly when I had some kind of a good hand someone had me crushed big time. AQ into KK, JJ into QQ, running into AK tons of times. It was so sick, and I didn't win freaking one of them.

And when I have 99 against K8s in the last SnG I'm still in, trying desperately to win it to cover at least a bit of losses, we split, and later I lose a 60-40 and when I'm really short I try to steal a sitters blind and get called by KJ with my J4 and lose.

Before that some guy called my SB shove with K8, me of course having Q7s and not hitting. I thought ok, maybe he knows how to play, but later he made a few WAY too loose calls so no, he was just an idiot.

Also the fact that we were sitting with 9 people at like all tables at the 50/100 level. Like wtf? Everyone just sitting there waiting to find monsters against me? I seriously hate it when you're short in a turbo STT while it's still full ring. If it's 4 handed, I'm a master, but wtf when it's full ring you can't shove s**t because there will ALWAYS be someone with a way better hand.

Oooooh I'm so freaking pissed atm, but I'm still gonna play another session. I just know that I'm profitable at these things. I don't know but maybe it's that I'm just playing 9 tables. It's almost boring me, I want more tables but imagine not cashing a single one when you play 16 tables, that's $256. I still think I might play 16 tables now, but my bankroll just can't handle it, especially not after having just lost $144..

Alright for the record, here's the week so far:

Code:
1       || 8      || $128   || 0   || 3   || 1   || +$20.5
2       || 9      || $144   || 1   || 1   || 3   || +$45
3       || 9      || $144   || 1   || 1   || 1   || -$9
4       || 9      || $144   || 1   || 1   || 1   || -$9
5       || 9      || $144   || 0   || 0   || 0   || -$144
        || 44     || $704   || 3   || 6   || 6   || -$96.5 :bike: :hithead:
God please let me be able to turn this around.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:05 AM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

See what I mean with being full ring for so long?

Blinds are already 50/100 and 75/150 at some and at two tables I'm down to less than 9 people, 7 being the least. I ended up losing $9 this session again, rake is killing me it seems. It feels like a winning session though. Going to do one more tonight, 16 tables this time, just for the heck of it.

Old 02-24-2009, 01:09 AM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

I officially suck at the 16s, at least tonight I do. Finished the 16 table session with $53.5 loss, putting me down over $150 for the week so far. I'll be playing $6.50's tomorrow to try and get me back up again before I'm going to attempt the 16s. It's just a different game, but I think also that because I'm playing at this hour and not in the afternoon for me the competition is better as there are more regular americans playing now. I may try another session of 16s tomorrow afternoon but I need to play a few $6.50 sessions first just to get some money back.

So here's how it looks so far..

Code:
6       || 9      || $144   || 0   || 2   || 2   || -$9
7       || 16     || $256   || 2   || 1   || 1   || -$53.5
        || 69     || $1104  || 5   || 9   || 9   || -$159 :bike: :hithead:
So ugly, losing 10 buyins in just 69 games, winning 5/69. Ugliest stats I've ever seen. Guess I'm still adjusting to the game here, and the sample is not really big so maybe it's just a downswing.. I hope so, I was getting some badass beats and even worse situations again that last session. It started off good but he, how much can you win in the 10/20 level? In the 50/100 things started going bad, I was losing every single showdown for a few minutes, and it's pretty hard to do well then, especially on full tables where you'll get showdowns pretty often.

Ah well, let's see how things turn out tomorrow.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:11 PM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Had a decent day at the $6.50's. 5 sessions in total, 4 of which profitable, 1 (the first) really really unprofitable, I was immediately thinking about yesterday.. But hey, I managed to turn it around to about an $80 profit. I don't know but it seems that the $6.50's are either WAY softer than the $16s or the game is just different meaning I have to adjust to them first.

I had moments where I thought about cancelling the BAS, but I think the sample of 69 games is way too little to show if I'm profitable or not in these, especially when I'm still learning the game. I mean, 1000 games is a lot and especially at the last 500 I should really know what I'm doing and should really be able to grind it all up if there were any losses in the first 500. I just wish more people would invest.. Meh, I'm probably going to throw $360 in myself soon to make sure it'll at least happen as I just want to prove myself at the $16 level. I mean, that's where the good money's made, 1000 games with 10% ROI in a month means $1600 a month means almost $20k a year. I can live on that.. I'll never get 1000 games a month though, but it's still a good goal.

Alright, so I played 81 $6.50s today, meaning I earned 243 VPP's. Sure, a bit less than yesterday but I'm on track for maintaining Silverstar. I've collected 993 now, so only 507 to go in a few days. I'm probably playing a session or 2 tomorrow morning but after I'm going to have a friend over here to play some Wii and stuff so I won't be able to play poker.. She's going to spend the night so no poker for Thursday morning as well.. After that I'm going to have to get back to grinding, no MTT's. Friday is a day off as well, except for badminton in the evening but I should be able to get 5-6 sessions done. I'll probably get Silver by Friday, if not I'm going to have to play another session Saturday evening, which I probably won't feel like at the time after lots and lots of badminton games, but ah well, I really want to maintain Silverstar. Next month it'll be easier to get as Stars is going to put all the limits down, only 3000 for Goldstar even, meaning that even if the BAS doesn't go through, if I play 1000 $6.50s I'm still going to get Gold. So either way I'll be looking to play at least 1000 SnG's in March.

So here are the results for the week so far:

Code:
$16s

|| 69     || $1104  || 5   || 9   || 9   || -$159 

$6.50s

1       || 16     || $104   || 0   || 3   || 0   || -$55.4
2       || 17     || $110.5 || 3   || 5   || 1   || +$62.3
3       || 16     || $104   || 2   || 4   || 1   || +$25.6
4       || 16     || $104   || 3   || 0   || 4   || +$20.2
5       || 16     || $104   || 2   || 2   || 4   || +$25.6
        || 81     || $526.5 || 10  || 14  || 10  || +$78.7

Total Profit: -$80.3

Old 02-26-2009, 11:56 PM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

I wanted to play at least 4 sessions today. I didn't get more than 3 in because Ajax-Fiorentina was a great soccer game to watch, really exciting end and Ajax won by a goal by Leonardo a few minutes before the end!! So I was kinda distracted.

Now I could play a session now at 0:30, but I'm pretty tired and I was thinking he, if I go to bed one hour earlier I can get out of bed one hour earlier tomorrow and start playing one hour earlier so I'll just get one session more tomorrow.

I did well today. The first session (as always) was horrible, cashing 4/16 for a loss of $39.2. I came back with a good second session, $25.6 profit but the third was great, 8/16x heads up, I lost 6 of them however.. Still a $47.2 profit, but it could've been way better. I've now seen that I have a continueing habit of losing more HU's than I win, although (as Surfers HU Champion and WSOSP Bracelet winner in HU) I should be a good HU player. One reason should be that the first HU's in a session start when I'm still at 9/10 sometimes 11 or more tables. Blinds are low then heads up but I still can't really play aggressive due to the amount of tables.

Then later on when I'm down to 5-6 tables (most of which itm) I should be able to concentrate better per table but I still seem to lose more often than win. Well, in the last session at least I lost sooo many flips and stuff heads up, but I'm not sure if that's a legit reason as I may also have won a lot that I can't remember.

Well, at least I got Phil Shaw's "Secrets of Sit'n'gos" in today, already did a few of the early game quizzes, got every but one correct, the one that I didn't was whether you should limp 33 utg or not, I said not but the book said that in $11 SnG's where people are supposed to limp a lot it's was good to limp 33 utg, just for implied odds. However, I tried it at the $6.50's and I only got 1 or 2 limpers behind me mostly so I'm not sure if it applies there, but he is right when he says it's easy to double up if you hit, however it's a lot harder if you're just with 3 people in the pot.

I'll go and read that Heads Up section at breakfast though tomorrow, really want to see what he has to say about it before I start playing tomorrow.

So here are the results now:

Code:
$16s

$6.50s

6       || 16     || $104   || 1   || 1   || 2   || -$39.2
7       || 16     || $104   || 2   || 4   || 1   || +$25.6
8       || 16     || $104   || 2   || 6   || 0   || +$47.2
        || 129    || $838.5 || 15  || 25  || 13  || +$112.3

Total Profit: -$46.7
I'm at 1137 VPP's, so I'll have to earn 363 tomorrow.. That's 8 sessions.. I'm never going to make that unless I play the $16s in the evening. I'll probably just play 6 or 7 $6.50 sessions and then the remaining ones Saturday evening.

Old 02-27-2009, 10:50 PM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Alright, quick update.

I did 5 sessions today, 3 in the afternoon and 2 in the evening. I'm starting to see that I'm more profitable in the afternoon than in the evening, I guess there are just less regulars on in the afternoon for me making the fields way softer.

I won $130 in the 3 afternoon sessions, but lost $40 in the evening. Ah well, $90 profit is not shabby for 5 hours. I tried to do 20 table sessions today, first went well with $42.8 profit but the second (my first evening session) was the worst session of the day with a loss of $27.4. I guess that could also be because I had Grease playing on the background, felt like watching it again so I downloaded it this morning and miraculously it was already done tonight. I also didn't really feel like playing the last session but I knew I had too if I wanted to make Silverstar again. I only have to earn 96 VPP's tomorrow which means two sessions. I may not feel like it but I'll have to go through with it.

Results:

Code:
$16s

$6.50s

6       || 16     || $104   || 1   || 1   || 2   || -$39.2
7       || 16     || $104   || 2   || 4   || 1   || +$25.6
8       || 16     || $104   || 2   || 6   || 0   || +$47.2
9       || 16     || $104   || 3   || 2   || 0   || +$9.4
10      || 20     || $130   || 4   || 2   || 3   || +$42.8
11      || 17     || $110.5 || 4   || 3   || 3   || +$78.5
12      || 20     || $130   || 2   || 1   || 3   || -$27.4
13      || 16     || $104   || 1   || 2   || 3   || -$12.2
        || 218    || $1417  || 29  || 35  || 25  || +$203.4

Total Profit: $44.4
Weeee profit!

Old 02-27-2009, 10:51 PM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

EDIT: oops, posted last post twice because I thought it didn't work first time, appearantly it did..

Poker Forum | Poker Staking

Poker Site Reviews
Titan Poker Pokerstars William Hill Bodog Carbon Poker Ladbrokes Party PokerCake Poker