Surfers Poker, Poker Forum

Go Back   Surfers Poker - Poker Forum > Poker Blogs and Poker Entertainment > Poker Blogs
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2011, 03:12 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Horse - Verified
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Staker Points: 3732.6
TPS: 1641.68
Plays at : stars
Game of choice : NLHE
Fav. Online Player : KevinThorn
Fav. Pro : PB-SP-SC
kevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via MSN to kevinthorn
Default KMFT on 2011

So this is going to be a basic introduction to my 2011 plans and well thats about it for now i guess. I will still continue to play goddamn mother flipflipflipfliping mtts as my main game, that will not change. However, ive decided to go for supernova, tlb glory, simplicity and other things and will be playing only stars mtts anytime i sesh between monday and saturday w/ Sunday remaining as it is now.

There will be a couple of exceptions i suppose, the odd saturday or random 2-4site sesh if i find myself needing a change and ofc ftops, uboc type things but for the most part i will be only starsing it when i play. Hopefully i can obtain supernova by the end of the year, though i havent really done any calculations towards it... will see how on/off pace i am after a month or two. Will be more of a contender foshure in terms of the monthly tlbs which yield some decent $$'s and will foshure be going for a respectable yearly tlb finish though obv the top 3 will be close to impossible as im more of a midstakes grinder than high stakes.

The limits i play will remain the same for the most part, at least to begin with... i'll just move some tilt funds over to stars for obv reasons. Will do similar BR updates here as i have done in the previous blog and if supernova seems attainable we'll be adding vpp updates as well.

Will also just filling you guys in on my real life and shit so basically its the same blog but in a new, sexy package. Think the first sesh will actually be tomorrow unless gf gets back from her trip early in which case we'll start the journey at a later date After finishing another soul crushingly horrible sesh BR is ~ $7.6k which is more than fine but i intend on raising that sometime soon
Tomorrow is Sunday so really hoping gf isnt about, might blow her off anyway as starting the eyar w/ a sunday sounds hella sexy.. not sure if id play all sites or practice playing only on stars tho.. hmm decisions. Anyway for now i've rambled enough gonna bust these last two mtts, workout, sleep and then holla @ you tomorrow

Surfers Poker - Featured Sites
Old 01-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

kevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

Ok behind pace already because i spent yesterday w/ gf (theres a thread detailnig that somewhere ) but back and ready to grind the fck outta mtts. Gonna play only on stars even though its a sunday jsut to kinda test the waters and see whats/what.. because im having to re design my sched im not quite sure what to reg in so im just kinda hopping in everything and will see how that works out. Should be fun and i'll see you on the other side.

Old 01-02-2011, 11:57 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Well still in 10 so its not over til its over but im on break and bored so gonna do this now. Played a sesh exclusively on stars, tons and tons of mtts was very fun and i think i managed to create a decent sched but unfortunately i still cannot go semi deep in anything even if i play 50mtts a day i cannto F3T one let alone FT any and so more huge losses simply as a result of not being able to win any and i mean ANY key hands. But like i say todays not over and when it is i guess there's always tomorrow.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:55 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

So played a big assed sched all day today (obvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv) and tbh ran horrificly again but enjoyed the session foshrue and even ran good in a couple of small turbos to help us break even/lose the min today.

Unfortunately 6handed on both ft's my run good dissapered and i got 4th in the 33euro turbo for like 466euros ($620ish) and got i think 5th in the 36 180man for $369... else just nothing went my way. Got in a ton of volume again which is cool, cleared my first $10 stella reward (weeeeeeeeee) and am well on pace to make supernova w/ many days to spare. Will prob be seshing tomorrow unless gf is around and i am hoping it will be a better day.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:28 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

I'll keep it brief because i dont like whining, and honestly im not trying to i am just describing my day. Seshed for all of it and, as has become the norm it was just brutal from start to finish so many key hands lost from flips-60/40's to 90/10s it doesnt matter if its a key hand mid-late stages its gonna end w/ me losing atm.

As far as the supernova thing goes, well on pace for it at this rate, clocking up between 45-55mtts per sesh which isnt too bad, hopefully once variance fcks off for a bit i will be able to raise my abi a tad which will only help my chase.

Mindset? well im remaining confident in my game, studying everyday etc. youve all been there (except slurp spiders obv) so i dont need to tell you how it feels... i think the intense volume can make it seem even more brutal (as can the ever falling bankroll ) i mean getting badbeated out of like 10mtts a day sucks but when its close to 35 or 40 every day for i guess a week or so now its like dude i wanna rape a pelican in the face. But life goes on, as im only playing on stars atm im gonna do a stars only BR update so dont freak out when i tell you the BR is $2557 but thats what we're gonna work w/ for now. (For those who followed the old blog the overall BR atm is ~ $6k so we're in the middle of what for now is like a 5.5k downswing which is showing no signs of letting up)

But, like i say life goes on and afaik im free tomorrow so we got another full assed sched to get on with if overall BR drops to 5k im gonna have to cut 50's,40's, 11rs for a bit just to ensure we dont fall into spartas pit of death. While i have no problem dropping down its obv not helpful to my sn run or my tlb quests so lets hope for better luck at the tables tomorrow.

Real life, things w/ gf are good again managed to salvage everything and we're right back on track. What happened to tp could of easily happened to me (i think the exact quote feeling not the same was used lol) but thats lifes variance for ya. Thats all i got for tonight as ever hit me up w/ any questions, comments or pics of your moms baps and i'll catch you on the forums.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:55 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Ok so first yesterday, another full volumed day w/ nothing but nonstop brutality, did minimise losses w/ an 80th in the dng (massive cooelr for top 5 stack) and FT'd a small mtt and ended up 4th but by that time i was pretty beatdown and worn out by all the runbad. Not to mention i still lost like $300 BR ended on $2287.

Today im gonna play my old schedule over ftp,stars,absolute etc just to mix it up a bit as i think anothe stars marathon might send me over the edge in terms of sanity. Should be fun and lets hope to win lots of $$$$$ cya on the other side for post game analysis.

Old 01-07-2011, 02:37 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Another day of the same, seems like over a month now since anythings gone my way, im staying as strong as i can but its becoming harder and harder as the days go on. Im starting to doubt my play a lot... am i playing bad? too spewy? too nitty? idk anymore.

Im doing everything i can to improve and study the game, read hh posts, watch videos, stuudy some math/equity spots from my own hands but its starting to feel like its not worth it because nothing i do seems to make a difference. I can blam luck but losing so consistently, day after day, week after week it becomes harder to believe its all luck.. so i look inwards and search for mistakes im making, and i cant find many at all only small lil things here and there that equate to not much equity... so idk if thats good or bad.

This is my job and i love the game but idk how much longer i can play in these conditions w/o anything even resembling hope. Ofc this post is a tad dramatic but im just kinda talking from my head right now. Not playing tomorrow cus im going out at night w/ friends.. after that im not sure, dropping down in limits foshure. I dont rly care abt supernova or any of that crap right now, only survival.. my rl money is dwindling a bit as is the bankroll so yeh thats where im at, hope you guys are having a better time atm.

Note- this isnt a whine, its just how im feeling, im sure anyone whos played decent volume can relate to having sessions or days where shit seems hopeless... my next sesh i'll be refreshed but i try and be as honest as possible here and have you see the highs and lows of this stupid career choice.

ps - things always feel worst than they are i still ahve over a 5k roll and im fine playing $33's and down - just needed a vent

Old 01-09-2011, 08:01 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Ahh man, ok firstly yesterday didnt play obv just chilled w/ some friends, few drinks, few laughs all good. Today worked out, made some food and felt good coming into the sesh, ran... well appaulingly in everything but managed to FT the $3r w/ $8000 to 1st, went in 2/9 but got 8th for like $650 after getting in 8qcc all in on 9TJcc vs KQ and losing for massive CL followed by AK<66 bvb vs the same guy to bust, both hands for $1000's in equity but though its a huge dissapointment obv im not THAT bothered, at least i made a big FT and though things didnt go my way i feel i played well and thats 2/3's of the battle now all i have to do is rungood deep and we're in business.

Full sesh tomorrow obv, hopefully i can continue moving in the right direction both in terms of results and mental state, but even when every mtt was going hella bad today i was enjoying it and staying positive so i think the day off did me some good.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:28 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Sundayed up a full sched today and it was pretty nightmarish, just semi deep ran into brickwall after brickwall buuut a late day saver came in the form of the $11 1r 1a which we ft'd (2nd biggish FT in 2 days so we're picking up some momentum) pre FT things did go against us in a bunch of spots, 6handed at the ft wasnt much better and we ended up 5th for $1700 after a std cooler.

Nice to FT something, nice to profit on any day, let alone a Sunday hopefully this is just the start of an upswing because these deep runs atm are rather marred w/ dissapointment. Still BR is slowly moving in the right direction and we currently sit on ~ 6.8k. Was one tabling that for a while, so nice to know i can stay focussed and play well even after a long brutal sunday... mentally id forgotten 4fig cashes happened so thats nice and w/ a new lease of life im hoping things will continue on in this fashion but if they dont then i guess thats jsut something im gonna have to learn to deal with.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

So i just started playing a full sched but i feel a little bit tired and tho i have nothing else lined up for today i dislike playing when tired or sick as i doubt im going to be able to play my best. So im just going to playout the 4mtts that have already started and call it a day.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Got to play the morning sched for the first time in forever today which was cool, but man got coolered in like 5 gigantic CL hands deep/semi deep and sucked out/held 0 times was kind crazy sick and made for a fun but ultimately frustrating session. BR is ~ 6.5k but getting closer to a bink i hope.

Sooner or later imma be on the right end of one of these coolers and ship me some sugar, but for now all we can do is try and play our best and let nature take its course. Not titled or anything its fun, and i mean i ran pretty good early/mid stages and tho thats pretty worthless in terms of $$ it still helps w/ the mindset being able to suckout/hold and not just be like "hooooooold.. fck" "hoooold.. fck club fck fck fck" " no jack omg obv" over and over.

Should be seshing tomorrow all things considered will try and get another morning sched in ($33's etc) as i do enjoy them and there are some crazy fish about. Thats all i got for now i'll catch you on the forums.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Ok full shceded as much as i could todya but unregd a lil earlier than usual, simply because having been unable to win a hand for 5-6 horus i was done lol.

Really brutal day foshure, im not one of those people who thinks they deserve to win a 30/70 because they've lost the last 5 or that they deserve to win an mtt because theyre downswinging, i think thats a pretty stupid attitude to have but im dissapointed. Because i know i have mtt ships in me, i know i can do better and its frustrating to not be able to have those beliefs backed up by results.

Today im pretty angry w/ myself there were two specific hands, in smallish mtts where i was just like "fck it" and made really horrible plays and thats completely unacceptable imo. I am thinking about taking a few days off but idk wtf im gonna do, pretty poor irl atm i mean i have cash to survive a decent while but thats w/ conservative life brm, gf's working a lot atm so thats kinda off the cards idk every morning or w/e i wake up excited and eager to play so maybe no breaks needed. All i got for you for now, massive heater would be nice but im just gonna keep grinding and according to other people "the results will come" gonna hold you fckers to that.

Old 01-13-2011, 02:13 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Another one of those good days that could so easily of been great lost like 5 key hands again (wtf lol) in 5 mtts for big stacks deep but flipflipflipflip all that negative bull shit we made profit on the day and shipped an mtt which is always a huge boost to morale/confidence etc so thats awesome.

Was the $33 360cap and it was good for $1.3k played pretty solidly through out, though i mean it generally feels like you played well when you win an mtt but im pretty sure i did... honest BR is like 6.8k so its a step in the right direction like i say... really hope i can take down a bigger mtt soon though and ride the wave all the way to the final table(s)

Old 01-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Another good day that coulda been great, just kinda having evrything go against me right at the end but i have like 0 room to complain, but you guys know how even good days can leave you feeling bummed if you were close to a lot more.

But ignoring all the run bad from everything else i made 2 ft's today, the $33 7.5k and the $33 12.5k. Nothing went my way 8handed onwards in the 7.5k and no one busted so although i came in 2/9 i ended up busting 7th for ~ $340. But the 12.5k was a little different, was so weird like id run so bad chip down, all steals would fail, etc etc then id double up and chip down and repeat was so sigh as the 2 other were jsut card racking droolers but got 3rd for 1.4k so its all good esp as i was down to like 2bbs w/ 10left.

Would of been nice to close a bigger mtt, but as you can see more and more ft's are starting to appear day in and day out so things are definately looking up... i can live off ~ $1.2k a day lol. Finishing BR is ~ 8.1k so thats pretty frickin sweet <3333 lets hope it continues moving in the right direction. Considering a small withdrawl but i dont rly need it, rather wait til i can withdraw a bigger amount and buy some balla stuff... for now im happy just to have a nice day again... pokers a lot more fun when youre winning and days like this, while still a tad frustrating help me get through the weeks of endless disaster.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:39 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Yo guys, ok so first the weekend, you may notice i havent mentioned gf for a while, partly because some people said keep blog poker related but also because we went like a week w/ not talking and it was close to gg for us buuut spoke on the phone and went to see her yesterday and salvaged everything to the point where its better than ever... though turns out she is flipflipflipfliping batshit insane lol. But whatevs.

Didnt play all weekend and woke up at ~ 5am this morning eager to get a sesh in... ended up playing a monster sesh (12+hour registration period) but unfortunately was so brutal. For 90% of the sesh just couldnt win a hand, massive cooler fest. The last few hours built up 3 good stacks in the 44 6max, 55 7.5k and 11r mincashed the 55 and 44 cooler and flip respectively and lost a huge hand for a top 4 stack w/ 17left in the 11r JJ<53s but i mean that shits gonna happen. Bummed of course but i feel (possibly incorrectly due to downswing) that i have been playing too tight in spots so today i was forcing myself to actively seek aggressive spots to chip up and i think it helped.

Going to see gf tonight and so unsure if im seshing tomorrow. In theme w/ the opening post of this blog i guess i should give you a vpp update w/ regards to supernova, i think its doable.. esp if i can bink sth and move up permanently to mtts up to 109's. Rigt now im sitting on 4300vpps hoping to at least lock up plat this first month if nothing else. Fck fulltilt as well so mayb emore stars only seshes to come. BR on closing? 7.6k roughly

Old 01-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Ok so have been slacking a bit w/ volume doing irl stuff w/ my nutjob gf and friends etc. so yesterday decided to at least get back on pace for platinumstar if nothing else, so next month i can rake in the fpp yo. Ended up playing a pretty big session whereby i registered for ~17hours of mtts and played for a total or 21hours. Unfortunately in the mtts where i went deep the key hands/flips/spots went against me everytime.

But i had my fair share of suckouts as well as taking them so its all good, unfoprtunately running good at 10/20 doesnt always counter running bad at 4k/8k today im gonna make some breakfast and pick up some snacks and then its sesh time baby... maybe not quite as long. We'll see tho. Supposed to workout today but i'll do itpost sesh i think, people say it makes you feel good to workout before a sesh but tbh it makes me tired more often than not. Prob tanked a few hundered yesterday but im not broke yet bitches!!!

Old 01-22-2011, 03:43 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Ok got in a long and full sched today, was pretty fun. Worked out a much better way to multi table effectively and focus on deeper mtts etc, was very comfortable and i think will come in very useful in the months of grinding that lay ahead.

Went semi deep in a bunch of mtts today (but played like 1million so needed to go deep obv) unfortunately as has been the story of recent months once we got deep things fell apart. Lost a huge race at the FT (oh hi first ft in a lil while) of the $22 15k and ended up 5th for 1.1k, got a bunch more like 20ths,14ths, 21sts etc and also shipped a 3000+entrant $3 6max mtt for 1.4k so a good, profitable day foshure. Could it have been more? sure, it always can be more but you wont hear me complaining about a profitable day thats foshure. Plus shipping an mtt is always nice

Going into the weekend on a high note and hopefully a big bink is jsut around the corner. Up to 5500 vpps so plats very achievable as is supernova pace. The $3 bink obv raked in some nice tlbs and im sitting just off the top 200 atm (which = $$$$) so a result or two in the next week could push me over the edge there. BR on closing is roughly $9k so as you can see we're once again moving in the right direction. <3

Old 01-25-2011, 10:39 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Havent updated in a few days, just havent felt the desire too. Took yesterday off as i was feeling a lil tired and you guys know i dont like to play if im not 100%. Today played a decent sized sched, not the giant ones of late but i mean every mtt for like 6 hours or so is still pretty big. Was very frustrating got 18th in 11turbo, 6th in the $8 cubed in just endgame sourness spots but tis life i guess. In funnier news won the $4 8max 1000cap for $750 which puts me into slight profit for the day... certainly nothing to be scoffed at and winning mtts is always a nice feeling plus ship dem tlbs yo.

As im only playing on stars these days imma just report stars roll for simplicity so we end today on ~ 7.2k we're also one sesh away from platinum star so its nice to hit that goal.. will try and get back to supernova pace by the end of the month too but it all depends what happens irl. Thats all i got for now, cya on the forums

Old 01-27-2011, 12:57 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Still in three but meh wanna churn this entry out now and im not deep in any so i think we'll be ok. Well today is another one of those days that is good but could easily of been great. I should say i made profit on the day and im not complaining but as we've gone over before when youre so close to a lot more its temporarily hard to appreciate what you have won.

Had a fun day, w/ a full sched and went deep in some stuff, ft bubbled the $3 10k after getting riv 3outered for 1/9 and huge cl but w/e. Also got 4th in the $22 20k for $1900 or so (obv the daysaver) played really well in everything i felt but just was on the wrong end of a cooler and lost 88<99 4 handed. Of course im bummed but im up 1k on the day and its all good, gimme 5 minutes and i'll be happy go larry again.

In other news we made plat star, so thats good will be looking to maintain that for the duration of the year in the quest for supernova. Didnt have much $$ left on ftp anyway but withdrew $1000 mainly cus its just sitting there and i could use the irl funds tbh so thats cool umm what else do i got for ya? Guess thats all for now, barring a last minute bink of one of these 3 end BR will be ~ $8300 so we made like $1000 on the day.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:37 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Spent the weekend at my gfs place which was very nice as i hadnt seen her for a while. flipflipflipflip me she's batshit insane tho lol i know i say that a lot but srsly no lie. Back home now as she works every sunday (match made in heaven/hell much? ) but a lil tired so gonna nap, get a kebab in (lamb donner obv) and then get a late night sched in so i miss some of the big sunday mtts but i mean its ok. Behinds supernova pace but its fine for now, gonna have to grind a ton in feb cus its a short assed month yo. Cya later for psot game analysis

Old 01-31-2011, 11:05 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Well remember those good days that had potential to be great i mentioned? Today was one that certainly fulfilled that potential Started off pretty bad, ran deep in some stuff and got like a 10th and an 8th and a 13th in some pretty redic brutal hands. But it was a full sched and there were plenty more mtts to play stayed focussed, played the best i could and ran decently well when i needed to and managed to not only place 2nd in the $33 18k for 2.4k (life tilting deepstacked hu match vs reg where nothing went my way) but i also managed to ship the 22r for 4.1k so a pretty huge day for us. BR is healthier than ever, back on supernova pace, or there abouts.

Should be getting a decent sized sched in tomorrow to kick off feb so stay tuned for that, also im in the top 150 of the yearly tlb for now so lets see if we can keep on climbing that ladder, should book a good finish for the january tlb too (im thinking top 100 foshure maybe top 50 which are good for $100 and $150 respectively) so thats cash money in da bank. Getting closer to clearing another $50 stella reward, but i dont cash them in cus i wanna do it all at once when i hit supernova, still cool tho. End BR is 14k w/ 8.3k vpps booked in whats been a somewhat poor month for me volumewise. So weee month updat later or tomorrow.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:21 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

wuddup guys (& girls?) spent yesterday at gfs and left for hers the night before so my planned monster sesh got cut a lil bit short. As far as gf goes, meh i like her i do, and she likes me but the situations a tad complicated. Not to mention having a potentially longterm relationship w/ an older woman is new to me, so i do fck up a lot lol. Keeping a 28year old happy in a relationship is out of my comfort zone so if anyone wants to give me tips on that holla @ me yo

As far as January and 2011 pokerwise, certainly a positive start to the year, which may be crucial in terms of mindset for the potentially cold months ahead. After a very brutal end of november/december January didnt start any better but as the month progressed and i put in more and more volume/work on my game things picked up and the rungood returned

No giant scores to speak of yet, but a healthy profit and we did end up winning 4 mtts which isnt bad, a few other final table showings as well have caused it to be a good month, made top 100 on the tlb (something i aim to do every month) kept on pace for supernova and got a record breaking sharkfin socre for myself (tho still lost ) so yeh a successful month and i definately think i have more in me in terms of volume and results so excited to see what the rest of the year holds.
I withdrew $2k after my last binks and so had a very nicely rounded 12k before monday, made like $200 then so BR stands at $12253 atm I'll leave you w/ my stars opr and hope to see (some) of you on the forums x x
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011jan.jpg (38.3 KB, 162 views)

Old 02-03-2011, 09:47 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Oh man, lol full blown heater and definately loving it weeeeeeeeeeeee its certainly been a while. So today played a monster sesh (~17hours) was pretty good, shipped a $44 6max mtt earlyish for $3k to leave us freerolling the entire day (awesome) then things went bad for a long time, but towards the end of my sesh went deep in a bunch of mtts and got close to a bunch of binks (some ul/sick spots and one hero calldown gone bad ) before shipping my 2nd mtt of the day the $11 deepstack for $2100 which took a monstrous 16 1/2 hours to complete but it started close to when my sesh did so it wasnt a chore or anything. HU was a real grind, we were very deep and he was bad but would just jam all his good hands pre and postflop making it very easy to hand read.

Had a huge edge hu and so when he offered me a deal i was like hell no son, came back from a 1:5 chip defecit just w/ patience and obv a lil luck and so yeh, what a start to the year/month. Also chalked up 853vpps today which is pretty sweet. Will be clearing another $50 stella tomorrow foshure. Not sure if i will withdraw some more $$ or not, i prob will but idk if i will save it better online or in my bank -_- BR on closing iiiiis *drumroll*

$18000

Old 02-04-2011, 05:43 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

sup, so didnt play yesterday ended up gonig to see gf, idk w/ her... she said she thinks she might get her period soon so it could explain some of the stuff but lolz still funny. Anyway onto poker, just finished my prep and about to get balls deep into a sesh, not sure if it'll be a 17+hour one but we'll see... took out ~ $3k so we start on a very sexy, rounded $15000

Old 02-05-2011, 03:55 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Meh is how id described today, did make like $500 after a longish sched which is all good but got close in a bunch of mtts and lost some sick hands for 1000's in equity but its all good. If running bad atm is makin $500 a day then s'all good son. Only deep run of note was FT of the $8r2x turbo for $1200 lost ATs<77 for the CL there but i ran pretty fckin hot to get to the ft so no complaints

Cleared that stella reward so we're working our way through those, have now earned over 10kvpps (10256) for the year so over 1/10 of the way to supernova already ummm what else have we got. I guess i should mention that i feel the past week or two i have been playing so much better than i had been dec/january. I think the downswing made me way more... not nityy but like straightforward deep in mtts and i finally sort of worked that out and climbed over the hump a couple of weeks ago. Ofc i know how easy it is to say youre playing great when youre binking left and right and im not so ego driven that i wont admit im running well.

But i can notice a real difference in the way i thinkout hands/spots and my agg level when deep and so im very happy w/ where my games @ right now (obv will still e studying and learning every day) BR is $15584, gf was talkin about hanging out tomorrow so i'll find out whats up w/ that and then maybe sesh it out otherwise we have a very big, very expensive very fun sunday incoming

Old 02-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

So yeh stayed w/ gf yesterday idk man im kinda thinking she's not for me, but i have a habit of staying in situations like that longer than i need to cus its "better than nothing" its not really fair to her obv but shes kinda pissing me off these days so w/e + im not certain sheisnt for me, i still like her a lot its just those tiny, insignificant things that i hardly noticed when i first met her are more annoying now. Still thats life, gonna try and figure out soon what is best for both of us.

Moving onto more interesting news, its sunday, im home alone macaulay culkin style and we will be getting a huge sched in today, stay tuned for the post game analysis in like 24h

Old 02-09-2011, 01:15 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Awww no fun, last 2 or 3 days have just been brutal (obv expected but still no fun at all) cannot win an all in etc and so yeh thats what i got going on atm. More than rolled for what i play atm though so its all good. BR is like $13.8k so we're down @ $2k in 2 or 3 days but tbh could have been worse and im kinda surprised it isnt given how i havent got anything going in anything -_-

volumes been semi meh so far this month due to gf but im trying my best to at the very least maintain plat in feb even if we veer off slightly from sn pace 2600vpps chalked up so far this month and yeh thats all i got for now hope i have better news for you soon.

Old 02-09-2011, 02:56 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

fck it im not tired and its turbo night lets play another sched weeeeeeee degen itt

Old 02-09-2011, 07:24 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

dfkjdklfjsdlfjsdjf stupid turbo night also got 9th in the $11 1r 1a after running into more brick walls than i was able to count 12people-ft but tbh not sure i deserved to go much further, jsut flipped well to get there, infact all the stuff i did lite and shit was getting owned/range coolered so yeh never the less never fun to get 9ths

Also dumped like $800 on turbo night so w/ the $390 from teh 11cubed we're ending on ~ 13.5k tomorrow got a butt ton of stuff to do so idk if there will be any kind of sesh. Later peepz

Old 02-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Yoyoyo so yesterday didnt play as expected, went shopping and some other stuff then went out for drinks and dinner w/ gf. turns out she's sick though so had to look after her a bit last night/this morning. Also she still insisted it was fine to keep kissing me so if i get sick imma be piiiised (guess misery loves company)

Now gonna get a full sched in because tomorrow i have to go buy her valentines things, well just pick it up and saturday is when we're celebrating it cus she is working monday and i am working sunday so could be the last chance to get in a sched for a while (better make it a big one) and yeh lets hope it goes better than the last one and we can make ourselves some cash money.

Poker Forum | Poker Staking

Poker Site Reviews
Titan Poker Pokerstars William Hill Bodog Carbon Poker Ladbrokes Party PokerCake Poker