Surfers Poker, Poker Forum

Go Back   Surfers Poker - Poker Forum > Poker Forums Area > Poker Strategy and Tips
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2014, 05:50 PM

Staker Points: 53.64
TPS: 0
Plays at : Pokerstars
Fav. Online Player : 666bonez187
bonez Poker Forum Living Legendbonez Poker Forum Living Legendbonez Poker Forum Living Legendbonez Poker Forum Living Legendbonez Poker Forum Living Legendbonez Poker Forum Living Legendbonez Poker Forum Living Legendbonez Poker Forum Living Legendbonez Poker Forum Living Legend
Default how to improve your game through study

ok. i could easily search over the net and find mixed responses but interested at what the players here suggest..... what things should you be doing to improve your game.... mainly looking for some PLO feed back but all would be helpful...

i'm new with poker tracker tool...

so anyone who is experienced know what analysis i should be looking at to improve...

...... improving the red line (non showdown)
...... does all in ev matter in PLO... as there are a lot of time you are in spots like 4bet with aaxx flop comes something like k58.... u got like 1/3 bet left u stick it in and villain has k8... but u turn a 5... essentially u got it in bad so your ev line goes down but most of your chips went in good... can you seperate all -ev hands?
.....any advice on using poker tracker to my advantage would be helpful

this is just a little strategy i have been thinking of, my 3 bet range is probly 88% AAxx, whenever someone 3 bets everyone automatically puts players on AAxx, and is willing to stack off really light , eg, weak 2 pairs, middle paires with really weak draws trying to perhaps spike a two pair, noticing this they always suspect AAxx and think there weak 2 pair is always best, should i be opening up a wide 3bet range to take advantage of this light stack off, trying to hit better 2pairs and better draws?

Surfers Poker - Featured Sites
Old 06-09-2014, 05:54 PM
Surfers Event Winner x48
Elite Supernova Staker VII
Elite Supernova Horse III

WSOSP Winner x11
Sharkfin Winner x3
SNG Champion x2
After Dark Winner x4
Survivor Champion

Staker Points: 80854.48
TPS: 20526.89
Game of choice : NLHE, 5CD
Fav. Online Player : Frogman3
Fav. Pro : Marcel Luske
DrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via Skype™ to DrJustice

Talk with others playing the same game and the same or higher limits.
Discuss to a very big extend to improve your game

Old 06-09-2014, 07:15 PM
Surfers Event Winner x2
Silver Supernova Staker - Verified

Staker Points: 2163.77
TPS: 144.03
Plays at : No where, thrown out
Game of choice : nl holdem
Fav. Online Player : Testical McGee
Fav. Pro : Big Poppa
Willtakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via Yahoo to Willtakem Send a message via Skype™ to Willtakem

read all the books you can on plo, discuss, discuss, discuss, look at every hand from every angle...

Old 06-09-2014, 10:01 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Silver Supernova Staker
Elite Supernova Horse - Verified
Sharkfin Winner

Staker Points: 4974.33
TPS: 10415.99
Plays at : Stars, FTP, 888, Ipo
Game of choice : Omaha H/L, NLHE
Fav. Pro : Negreanu
no1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Poker

Get a sub at run it once, that's a good training website, review with other regular players those are probably the main things.

Old 06-10-2014, 11:46 AM
Surfers Event Winner x8
Silver Supernova Staker
Elite Supernova Horse XII

WSOSP Winner
Sharkfin Winner x4
Survivor Champion

Staker Points: 14931.81
TPS: 78160.49
Frogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

Definitely should be 3betting way more hands in position if 88% is AAxx

I'd much prefer QJT9 , 9987 or AKQT stuff to AAxx anyway . The good thing is since ppl mostly put you on AAxx then you can rep that hand if you miss and when you hit like u said they will be willing to stack off lightly because they assume you have AAxx

Above 25plo tho opponents wont just put you on AAxx every time u 3bet

Old 06-10-2014, 11:54 AM
Gold Horse - Verified
Silver Supernova Staker

Surfers Event Winner x2

Staker Points: 4100.25
TPS: 65
Game of choice : Heads-Up
xzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Poker
Send a message via Skype™ to xzc32

Play a lot of micro-stakes heads-up so you learn reading boards and thin valuebets.

Play few tables and think about every hand, even if you fold, and how the way you play that hand affects your ranges.

Hire a coach once you are up at 25-50NL and winning at least 8bb/100 on average.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:28 PM
On Probation

Staker Points: 
TPS: 
TovaBilich has a lot of hatersTovaBilich has a lot of hatersTovaBilich has a lot of haters

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonez View Post
ok. i could easily search over the net and find mixed responses but interested at what the players here suggest..... what things should you be doing to improve your game.... mainly looking for some PLO feed back but all would be helpful...

i'm new with poker tracker tool...

so anyone who is experienced know what analysis i should be looking at to improve...

...... improving the red line (non showdown)
...... does all in ev matter in PLO... as there are a lot of time you are in spots like 4bet with aaxx flop comes something like k58.... u got like 1/3 bet left u stick it in and villain has k8... but u turn a 5... essentially u got it in bad so your ev line goes down but most of your chips went in good... can you seperate all -ev hands?
.....any advice on using poker tracker to my advantage would be helpful

this is just a little strategy i have been thinking of, my 3 bet range is probly 88% AAxx, whenever someone 3 bets everyone automatically puts players on AAxx, and is willing to stack off really light , eg, weak 2 pairs, middle paires with really weak draws trying to perhaps spike a two pair, noticing this they always suspect AAxx and think there weak 2 pair is always best, should i be opening up a wide 3bet range to take advantage of this light stack off, trying to hit better 2pairs and better draws?
Posting hands in this forum is one of the best way to improve your poker game. You can find a lot of video tutorials, instructional articles, poker training tools like Note Caddy, Leak Buster etc. by searching over the net. Leak Buster 4 has helped me a lot to improve my skill in poker.

Poker Forum | Poker Staking

Poker Site Reviews
Titan Poker Pokerstars William Hill Bodog Carbon Poker Ladbrokes Party PokerCake Poker