Surfers Poker, Poker Forum

Go Back   Surfers Poker - Poker Forum > Poker Forums Area > Poker Strategy and Tips
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2014, 04:16 PM

Staker Points: 
TPS: 
balls>brains Poker Forum Expertballs>brains Poker Forum Expertballs>brains Poker Forum Expertballs>brains Poker Forum Expertballs>brains Poker Forum Expertballs>brains Poker Forum Expertballs>brains Poker Forum Expert
Default courcheval hi-lo situation

If you hold 88xxx with only a very weak low like 87 what do you think about getting it all in on a 8s 2d 4s flop if about 25% of your effective stack is already in pre?

Surfers Poker - Featured Sites
Old 07-18-2014, 08:38 PM
Surfers Event Winner x28
Elite Supernova Staker
WSOSP Winner x5
SNG Champion
Sharkfin Winner x2

Staker Points: 22183.18
TPS: 81.7
Game of choice : No Limit Holdem
RiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

You're heads-up OOP playing NL?

Old 07-19-2014, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Staker Points: 22847.03
TPS: 5821.025
Fav. Online Player : I_Feel_Fine
Fav. Pro : Tony G, Sam Farha
Venice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

As the driver yes, as the passenger no. That's assuming 1 or 2 ops.

I'd probably also come along as a passeger too if there were 3+ opps all getting fruity. Obv then you are hoping to fill up or dodge spade/wheel draws.

If a single villain (plus up to 1 in any position) comes out all guns blazing then i'd probably (reluctantly) let it go.
Just be nice and fold. Please. I will never ever bluff you again. Dont make me sit here for your whole time bank. Just dont. No. No. No. I cant stand it no longer. Just fold already. FOLD. FOLD. FOLD......Phewwww.
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in - Mark Twain

Old 07-19-2014, 04:21 PM

Staker Points: 
TPS: 
balls>brains Poker Forum Expertballs>brains Poker Forum Expertballs>brains Poker Forum Expertballs>brains Poker Forum Expertballs>brains Poker Forum Expertballs>brains Poker Forum Expertballs>brains Poker Forum Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverWheel View Post
You're heads-up OOP playing NL?
OOP , PL and there were 2 opponents. One of them had about 60% of eff stack, other 100%, me about 115%

Old 07-19-2014, 06:09 PM
Surfers Event Winner x28
Elite Supernova Staker
WSOSP Winner x5
SNG Champion
Sharkfin Winner x2

RiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

Versus a low and a flush draw you only have less than 25% equity. If there's also a wheel draw then you're less than 20%. The only way you can mitigate against the possibility of not winning the hi is by keeping more than one opponent in the pot. Head's up and calling for a chop is an ugly situation.

Old 07-20-2014, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Venice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by balls>brains View Post
OOP , PL and there were 2 opponents. One of them had about 60% of eff stack, other 100%, me about 115%
In that case you should bet pot for sure imo.

Firstly they could easily fold without A3xxx, especially the larger stacked villain.

Secondly there is too much value in the pot to do much else. If we put some stack sizes on it, it will probably be easier to read. If we say 100% equates to 10000 just to make it easy.

Villain 1: 6000
Villain 2: 10000
You: 11500

Preflop:
You 2875 (25% of 11500)
V1 2875
V2 2875
Blinds(?) - lets just add say 450 (I guess probably higher, but just in case anyone is in blinds let's keep it low)

So pot is 9075
you: 8625 left
V1: 3125 left
V2: 7125 left

If just V1 comes along then you only need 20%. If just V2 comes along then you need 30%. If both come along then you need 27%

Even against a worse case scenario of A35 with nut flush draw you'll still have about 25%, so really you are going to be fairly unlucky for the hands to reveal themselves with -EV. Against a random A3xxx you could be as much as 40% or higher. If villain2 reveals a super strong holding, well that's a cooler, but more often than not if you play this hand a 1000 times you're going to end up up overall by launching.

As a footnote, if the positions are reversed and you are faced with a call, then that's much more of a tougher spot. Especially with V2 launching. Do we have our 40% against a random A3xxx or are we sub 30% against something better. It then becomes somewhat of a wild gamble and not exactly desirable. Hence the benefit of being out of position sometimes.
Just be nice and fold. Please. I will never ever bluff you again. Dont make me sit here for your whole time bank. Just dont. No. No. No. I cant stand it no longer. Just fold already. FOLD. FOLD. FOLD......Phewwww.
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in - Mark Twain

Old 07-20-2014, 02:00 PM
Surfers Event Winner x28
Elite Supernova Staker
WSOSP Winner x5
SNG Champion
Sharkfin Winner x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venice View Post
Even against a worse case scenario of A35 with nut flush draw you'll still have about 25%
I got less than 20% vs 2 opponents with a combined nut flush and wheel draw with their lows. I gave each opponent an overpair too. Is that what made the difference?

Old 07-20-2014, 03:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverWheel View Post
I got less than 20% vs 2 opponents with a combined nut flush and wheel draw with their lows. I gave each opponent an overpair too. Is that what made the difference?
Are you a pessimist?

Poker Forum | Poker Staking

Poker Site Reviews
Titan Poker Pokerstars William Hill Bodog Carbon Poker Ladbrokes Party PokerCake Poker