Surfers Poker, Poker Forum

Go Back   Surfers Poker - Poker Forum > Tournaments and Staking > Poker Staking > Stakes Available
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2008, 04:36 AM
Platinum Horse - Verified
Silver Supernova Staker

Staker Points: 3071.46
TPS: 244.82
Plays at : Cake. Yes, Cake.
Game of choice : The one with cards
Fav. Online Player : Not You
Fav. Pro : The '11 WSOPME Champ
UFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of Poker
Default NE1 want to win me some money?

Stake Agreement

By replying in this thread you agree to the following terms/conditions :-
1) The stake terms are Stakeback + 50%.
2) The money (Stakeback + 50%) will be returned to me, the staker, within 1 hour of being knocked out (or winning) the tournament.
3) Any other requirement I state below or in the body of this post.

Not sure what this stake will be for, amount-wise, but come up with some ideas for me, and tell me how they will make us some money, and I'll hand out a stake, maybe more than one.

Let the campaigning begin.

Surfers Poker - Featured Sites
Old 04-02-2008, 04:58 AM
Surfers Event Winner x9
Elite Supernova Staker III
Silver Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner x3
SNG Champion
Sharkfin Winner x2

Staker Points: 60373.23
TPS: 16052.37
Plays at : Pokerstars
Game of choice : NLHE Turbos
Fav. Online Player : UPGRAYEDD420
Fav. Pro : Daniel Negreanu
NightTrain87 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumNightTrain87 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumNightTrain87 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumNightTrain87 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumNightTrain87 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumNightTrain87 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumNightTrain87 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumNightTrain87 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumNightTrain87 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumNightTrain87 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumNightTrain87 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumNightTrain87 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumNightTrain87 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumNightTrain87 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumNightTrain87 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumNightTrain87 Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via MSN to NightTrain87 Send a message via Skype™ to NightTrain87

Hmmm Well i dunno what, but i'll run something for you if you want

Old 04-02-2008, 05:01 AM

Staker Points: 29.16
TPS: 0
Plays at : absolute
Game of choice : nl holdem
Fav. Pro : mike matusow
tommy62278 Best Poker Forum Member Contendertommy62278 Best Poker Forum Member Contender
Send a message via Yahoo to tommy62278

well sir i would apply for 1.10 45 mans or 1.75 18 mans. start with a set of 5 so br being 5.50 or 8.75 depending on which you choose. say the 1.10s if br reaches 15$ run 1.75 18 mans til br reaches 30$ ending heeb. if i drop below 10$ go back to 1.10s til im over 15$. chance62278 on stars

Old 04-02-2008, 05:03 AM
Surfers Event Winner x9
Silver Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner x3
SNG Champion
Sharkfin Winner x2

NightTrain87 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumNightTrain87 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumNightTrain87 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumNightTrain87 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumNightTrain87 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumNightTrain87 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumNightTrain87 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumNightTrain87 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumNightTrain87 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumNightTrain87 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumNightTrain87 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumNightTrain87 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumNightTrain87 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumNightTrain87 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumNightTrain87 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumNightTrain87 Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via MSN to NightTrain87 Send a message via Skype™ to NightTrain87

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy62278 View Post
well sir i would apply for 1.10 45 mans or 1.75 18 mans. start with a set of 5 so br being 5.50 or 8.75 depending on which you choose. say the 1.10s if br reaches 15$ run 1.75 18 mans til br reaches 30$ ending heeb. if i drop below 10$ go back to 1.10s til im over 15$. chance62278 on stars
lol i'm way too lazy to come up with a plan like that

Old 04-02-2008, 05:07 AM
Silver Supernova Staker

UFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightTrain87 View Post
Hmmm Well i dunno what, but i'll run something for you if you want
The whole point of this is for me to not have to think. I want to give out a good stake, but I'm too to think one up.

So the winner will be the person who comes up with the coolest idea, not just the one with the most stakee points.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:08 AM
Silver Supernova Staker

Quote:
And repeat? Until you have a huge bankroll, or I have nothin left? This idea leaves lots of questions. Touch it up and try again.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:10 AM
Surfers Event Winner x9
Silver Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner x3
SNG Champion
Sharkfin Winner x2

lol give it to tommy, I don't need it, just didn't want to make you feel unloved because nobody replied to ur thread

Old 04-02-2008, 05:14 AM
Silver Supernova Staker

Quote:
lol give it to tommy, I don't need it, just didn't want to make you feel unloved because nobody replied to ur thread
Thanks for the love.

I'm sure I'll have plenty of noobs apply, thanks.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:18 AM
Surfers Event Winner x9
Silver Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner x3
SNG Champion
Sharkfin Winner x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCWatcher View Post
Thanks for the love.

I'm sure I'll have plenty of noobs apply, thanks.
ur welcome, I try to be helpful I'm gonna go crush some more 3.25 turbos now, gl with ur stake bro

Old 04-02-2008, 05:19 AM

tommy62278 Best Poker Forum Member Contendertommy62278 Best Poker Forum Member Contender

nevermind i unapply if you lost it would be 5.50 but its a solid plan just ran set of 5 1.10 won 14$ so not a loser. gl to your noob or whomever you choose

Old 04-02-2008, 05:23 AM
Gold Staker - Verified
Silver Level Horse
Surfers Event Winner
WSOSP Winner

Staker Points: 379.49
TPS: 25.27
Game of choice : NLHE
Fav. Online Player : Flop Sailor
Fav. Pro : Flop Sailor
Meatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of Poker

I believe that the recipient of this stake should be capable of implementing some sound poker advice and stratagies.

Someone who has working knowledge of:

WHAT HANDS SHOULD I PLAY??

like i explained in first article, you should play mostly high cards. the reason for this is that they look nicer (king looks so much better than a 3), but also because you will more often win a pot with a high cards than low cards. the best hand in poker is ace and king (also known as "BIG SLICK"), and other good hands are king and queen, or jack and ten, or a pocket pair such as 8 and 8.

suited cards are also good and should be played to try and hit a flush. king and 4 is usually only a medium hand but when it is suited it becomes a good hand.

HANDS YOU SHOULD AVOID PLAYING: 2 and 3, 3 and 6, 8 and 4. you get the idea

And this person should be brave enough to boldy use these two necessary tactics:

ADVANCED STRATEGYS

one thing that i have tried to do is lie about my hole cards. so i type "i have ace and king" in chat box and then push all-in with 2 and 3!!!!!! LOL!!!!!! this usually wins me the pot but even if some fish calls me i still can hit a suck out on the flop. so it is a wise move.

another advanced strategy is to request your time bank and pretend you have a tough decision to make when REALLY YOU HAVE ACE AND KING!!! this will trick your opponent into thinking you have a bad hand and they will probably call your all in.

Lastly, a bonus for said canidate would be to prove they know the rules of Omaho and have a thorough understanding of doubling your chances for the river suckout.

By the way, I DO NOT APPLY. Thank you!
The stakee should provide in detail proper usage of these fundamentals in their rail

Old 04-02-2008, 05:27 AM
Silver Supernova Staker

Quote:
nevermind i unapply if you lost it would be 5.50 but its a solid plan just ran set of 5 1.10 won 14$ so not a loser. gl to your noob or whomever you choose
Didn't say you were a loser, just said I wanted a more solid plan. And I wasn't callin you a noob, just jokin with NT.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:28 AM

its cool bro not upset still hopin good horse wins me some money

Old 04-02-2008, 05:43 AM
Gold Staker - Verified
Silver Level Horse
Surfers Event Winner
WSOSP Winner

Meatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatonabun View Post
I believe that the recipient of this stake should be capable of implementing some sound poker advice and stratagies.

Someone who has working knowledge of:

WHAT HANDS SHOULD I PLAY??

like i explained in first article, you should play mostly high cards. the reason for this is that they look nicer (king looks so much better than a 3), but also because you will more often win a pot with a high cards than low cards. the best hand in poker is ace and king (also known as "BIG SLICK"), and other good hands are king and queen, or jack and ten, or a pocket pair such as 8 and 8.

suited cards are also good and should be played to try and hit a flush. king and 4 is usually only a medium hand but when it is suited it becomes a good hand.

HANDS YOU SHOULD AVOID PLAYING: 2 and 3, 3 and 6, 8 and 4. you get the idea

And this person should be brave enough to boldy use these two necessary tactics:

ADVANCED STRATEGYS

one thing that i have tried to do is lie about my hole cards. so i type "i have ace and king" in chat box and then push all-in with 2 and 3!!!!!! LOL!!!!!! this usually wins me the pot but even if some fish calls me i still can hit a suck out on the flop. so it is a wise move.

another advanced strategy is to request your time bank and pretend you have a tough decision to make when REALLY YOU HAVE ACE AND KING!!! this will trick your opponent into thinking you have a bad hand and they will probably call your all in.

Lastly, a bonus for said canidate would be to prove they know the rules of Omaho and have a thorough understanding of doubling your chances for the river suckout.

By the way, I DO NOT APPLY. Thank you!
The stakee should provide in detail proper usage of these fundamentals in their rail

As much as it pains me, this is my last mention of Flop Sailor, so long friend!

Old 04-02-2008, 05:48 AM
Banned

Staker Points: 
TPS: 
Game of choice : NL Holdem
turok64 Best Poker Forum Member Contender

Tommy day time television is callin your name!!

Old 04-02-2008, 05:55 AM
Silver Supernova Staker

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok64 View Post
Tommy day time television is callin your name!!
DRAMA

Old 04-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Silver Supernova Staker

So no one wants to win me some money? That's fine.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:16 PM
Surfers Event Winner x9
Silver Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner x3
SNG Champion
Sharkfin Winner x2

Quote:
So no one wants to win me some money? That's fine.
nah nobody likes you anyway

Old 04-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Silver Supernova Staker

Talking

Quote:
nah nobody likes you anyway

I think just the n00b donks don't like me, because I often remind them that they are n00b donks. Not in a mean way like turok, more of a humiliating way, so everyone can laugh at them.

But until the donks escape from their pen, I don't think I have much to worry about.

I think everyone is just to lazy to come up with a solid plan for a stake.

They want me to come up with the idea AND supply the stake.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:29 PM
Surfers Event Winner x9
Silver Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner x3
SNG Champion
Sharkfin Winner x2

Quote:
I think just the n00b donks don't like me, because I often remind them that they are n00b donks. Not in a mean way like turok, more of a humiliating way, so everyone can laugh at them.

But until the donks escape from their pen, I don't think I have much to worry about.

I think everyone is just to lazy to come up with a solid plan for a stake.

They want me to come up with the idea AND supply the stake.
Wanna stake me in a series of 20x $12 180 man turbos??? Hows that for a plan?

Old 04-02-2008, 05:34 PM

Staker Points: 
TPS: 
Fav. Online Player : ElkY
Fav. Pro : Juha Helppi
miksto Poker Forum Expertmiksto Poker Forum Expertmiksto Poker Forum Expertmiksto Poker Forum Expertmiksto Poker Forum Expertmiksto Poker Forum Expertmiksto Poker Forum Expert

I apply .

I would run 5x$2.20 SHG Qualifiers, and everytime I would win a ticket I would just take the tournament dollars and play $5.50 18-man Sitt % Go's.

It would look like this:

Step 1:
Play 5x$2.20 SHG Qualifiers, and everyrtime I quallify unregister from the SHG and take the tournament dollars instead.

Step 2:
Use the money won from the qualifiers and play as many $5.50 18-man Sitt & Go's as the new bankroll allows. So that would be a minimum of 0 Sitt & Go's, and a maximum of 10x$5.50 18-man Sitt & Go's.

After step 2, we sow how big the new bankroll is and decide what we wan't to do.

Let's say the bankroll after the end of step 2 is $40, we could just end it right there and split it using the normal agreement (stakeback + 50/50), or continue, all up to you and how good I'm doing.

Btw, my PS ID: Mik_FIN (Porvoo)

If there's anything you didn't understand, just feel free to ask .

Old 04-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Surfers Event Winner x7
Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x2
Sharkfin Winner

Staker Points: 1515.18
TPS: 238.285
Game of choice : Omaha Hi/Lo
Fav. Online Player : The Guy Losing To Me
Fav. Pro : not Dude904
smokinat420 Godlike Genius of Pokersmokinat420 Godlike Genius of Pokersmokinat420 Godlike Genius of Pokersmokinat420 Godlike Genius of Pokersmokinat420 Godlike Genius of Pokersmokinat420 Godlike Genius of Pokersmokinat420 Godlike Genius of Pokersmokinat420 Godlike Genius of Pokersmokinat420 Godlike Genius of Pokersmokinat420 Godlike Genius of Pokersmokinat420 Godlike Genius of Pokersmokinat420 Godlike Genius of Pokersmokinat420 Godlike Genius of Pokersmokinat420 Godlike Genius of Poker
Send a message via AIM to smokinat420 Send a message via Skype™ to smokinat420

Ill apply but cant run untill Fri.....I would like to run the $5.50 PLOmahaH/L @21:30et and the $22 PLOmaha H/L at 19:30et (finished 5th the other night ) If this is too high a buyin for your BR then we can switch it to $11 FLOmaha H/L at 20:30...MY ROI in Omaha H/L is 183% and my ITM is 22% I play like god!

If none of these appeal to you then we can go simple with 5x$5.50 9man sng's Omaha H/L.
u suck.
im just unlucky
"You've got to get to the stage in life where going for it is more important than winning or losing"

PokerstarsID: smokinat420
FullTiltID: smokinat420
Heropoker: smokesmoke
OMAHA H/L MASTER!!!!

Old 04-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Banned

Staker Points: 
TPS: 
Game of choice : NL Holdem
turok64 Best Poker Forum Member Contender

i apply!!

step 1:
get you to send me 10 bux
step 2:
leave the site, keep the money

give you 0% of 50% of my profits!!

gl glglglglg
Ill run deeepp

Old 04-02-2008, 06:34 PM
Surfers Event Winner x9
Silver Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner x3
SNG Champion
Sharkfin Winner x2

Quote:
Ill run deeepp
He means he'll run fast

Old 04-02-2008, 06:34 PM
Silver Supernova Staker

Quote:
i apply!!

step 1:
step 2:

gl glglglglg
Ill run deeepp
Tempting.... I'll get back to ya. Please hold your breath until I do.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:35 PM
Supernova Horse - Verified
Platinum Level Staker

Staker Points: 441.74
TPS: 417.315
Plays at : pokerstars
Fav. Pro : Gavin Smith
stokes61 Poker Forum Living Legendstokes61 Poker Forum Living Legendstokes61 Poker Forum Living Legendstokes61 Poker Forum Living Legendstokes61 Poker Forum Living Legendstokes61 Poker Forum Living Legendstokes61 Poker Forum Living Legendstokes61 Poker Forum Living Legendstokes61 Poker Forum Living Legendstokes61 Poker Forum Living Legendstokes61 Poker Forum Living Legendstokes61 Poker Forum Living Legend

Quote:
i apply!!

step 1:
step 2:

gl glglglglg
Ill run deeepp
your my hero

PokerStars id: stokesitup
FTP id: stokes61

Old 04-02-2008, 06:37 PM
Silver Supernova Staker

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinat420 View Post
Ill apply but cant run untill Fri.....I would like to run the $5.50 PLOmahaH/L @21:30et and the $22 PLOmaha H/L at 19:30et (finished 5th the other night ) If this is too high a buyin for your BR then we can switch it to $11 FLOmaha H/L at 20:30...MY ROI in Omaha H/L is 183% and my ITM is 22% I play like god!<<< (Easy Flop Sailor.)

If none of these appeal to you then we can go simple with 5x$5.50 9man sng's Omaha H/L.

Old 04-02-2008, 07:55 PM
Banned

Staker Points: 
TPS: 
kisthasky Poker Forum Rookie

i apply. Series of 5x 1.10 turbo's buyin to play a max of ten...maybe a heeb from five to 25 playing cash tables(.5/.10).

Old 04-02-2008, 08:09 PM
Contact a mod before
sending funds to this user
Gold Level Staker

Staker Points: 126.95
TPS: 165.115
Plays at : Pokerstars.com
Game of choice : Texas Hold'em
Fav. Online Player : my_emolument
Fav. Pro : Phil Ivey
NSC44 Best Poker Forum Member ContenderNSC44 Best Poker Forum Member ContenderNSC44 Best Poker Forum Member ContenderNSC44 Best Poker Forum Member Contender
Send a message via MSN to NSC44 Send a message via Skype™ to NSC44

how about someone plays 5x $1.20 SnGs...then if they make a profit in that,they move up to 3 $2.20 qualifiers to SHG,unregistering each time they qualify,and for each time they qualify they play 2 $5.50 MTTs or SnG...and so on,so on...

i apply,hope u like my idea(its a step stake)

Old 04-02-2008, 08:14 PM
Gold Staker - Verified
Silver Level Horse
Surfers Event Winner
WSOSP Winner

How about a 10FPP, followed by a 10 center, followed by the 8pm 50 center, followed by the 10pm 25 center, followed by another 10 FPP and then the last 10 center.

Poker Forum | Poker Staking

Poker Site Reviews
Titan Poker Pokerstars William Hill Bodog Carbon Poker Ladbrokes Party PokerCake Poker