Surfers Poker, Poker Forum

Go Back   Surfers Poker - Poker Forum > Poker Blogs and Poker Entertainment > Poker Blogs
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2011, 11:11 PM
Silver Supernova Horse
Elite Supernova Staker III

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Staker Points: 44887.12
TPS: 3125.505
Plays at : Pokerstars
Game of choice : NLHE MTTs.
Fav. Online Player : durrrr
Fav. Pro : Daniel Negreanu
TomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via MSN to TomPerez Send a message via Skype™ to TomPerez

Aight, so I'm about halfway now, what (I think) I can do now is calculate mean, variance, standard deviation, correlation, perform a linear regression, calculate proportions of normal distributions, and some other stuff, all without looking at the formula's btw. So yeah that took me about 2.5 hours so ETA is about 3 am (just past midnight now) which would give me about 4 hours of sleep which should be enough to be kinda awake/able to concentrate in the morning. Would be so fcking sick if I pass this XD

Stuff I still gotta learn: Everything about calculating chances.. Luckily I already know the basics very well because of poker and because I had that in high school already, so that's not hard, but the more advanced stuff is kinda ghifdeoapgjdia for now.

My blog is inactive again, check it out!

[9/23/2010 5:45:13 PM] mark withers: ha ur too smart to get levelled i fail
^^^^^^ Listen to this man. Many have tried, many have failed. Your tries are useless, for I am Erik, The Unlevelable!
Except for Sal, he did it

Old 01-21-2011, 12:17 AM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

TomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

Sigh, getting a head-ache so I'm just gonna hit the sack, no point in continueing now.. Got the alarm at 7 am which should give me 5.5 hours of sleep, I'll do the small remaining part tomorrow morning then.. nn.

^^^^^^ Listen to this man. Many have tried, many have failed. Your tries are useless, for I am Erik, The Unlevelable!

Old 01-21-2011, 06:25 AM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

So yeah, obviously slept horrible, out of nowhere I got recurring thoughts of my ex-girlfriend while lying in bed, while earlier on the day I was congratulating myself with being over her.. -.- Weird. So yeah didn't sleep till like 3:30am, so I'm pretty dead right now.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:15 AM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Sickkkk, it ended up being really easy, I knew just about everything, may even have a 9 xD

Old 01-27-2011, 01:38 PM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Meh, got a 7 on that Statistics exam, but it's enough to pass, so I'll take it. This means I easily passed all my exams (not trying to brag Bluerain, feel sorry for you actually ) which mean I got 3 weeks off now! Awesoooome. The album is not really coming along yet, kinda lost the inspiration I had.. -.- Waited too long I guess, meh, hopefully it'll come back. I did decide though that I'd actually like to get in a band, something which has never been an interest of me before. I just want to perform I guess, and on your own, you're not gonna get there. So yeah, maybe I'll start searching for one soon. Would also be great to get more experience, and learn more stuff besides the regular Beatles/Pink Floyd that I play now. Put another Pink Floyd cover on youtube btw, Mother, easy song but still aced it, cept I made a terrible mistake at the start but who cares. If you wanna see it, go to my youtube channel, and subscribe too

So I've watched a great movie yesterday, The Social Network. Hadn't seen it yet, dunno why. It's the best movie so far of the ones that are nominated for the Oscars, gonna watch them all. Getting ready for Inception, probably watching that tomorrow, gonna be sick too. But to get back on The Social Network, it's sick how far just a good idea and some skills can get you. Well, not just some skills, that guy was a sick programmer, but still, it's amazing. It kinda inspires you to do the same thing, though it's harder than it looks..

So yeah, that's basically what I'm doing nowadays, watching awesome movies, lil bit of tennis too, Australian Open, the times are horrible though. I usually get out of bed around 11am now, and the matches take till like noon normally, so can't really watch a lot.

Aight, done with talking already, cyall.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:13 AM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

As we're on the topic of movies, I'm watching the next nominee right now, a lil movie called 127 Hours. I'm about an hour in and already this movie has totally captured me. For those of you who don't know, it's about an adventure guy who goes on an adventure to I think it's called Monument Valley, he then slips and falls into a canyon, getting his hand stuck between a huge boulder and the side of the canyon, which means he's stuck in. I won't tell anything more, but I will tell that this is a must watch. You know how I've been kinda "I don't care about life and all", well, this movie alone is changing that. Life is beautiful, precious, and we should embrace every moment of it, spend time with the ones we love, make sure they know we love them, and basically just enjoy every freaking moment of it. Another thing is to make sure you record or write down as many memories as you can. I'm proud of myself to have done the latter, but I've forgotten to do the former lately. Wtf happened to the adventure me? Lately I'm just sitting at home, not doing much, instead of being out there, seeing the world. I'm not really in a time of life to be going on adventures, with college and all, but still, I really have to enjoy life more. I'm gonna make sure I'm gonna get on my racing bike tomorrow and ride, it's not much, but it's a start.

Aight, I think that's everything I had to say, gonna get ready for the ending of the movie now.

Here's to life!

Old 02-02-2011, 09:04 PM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Sigh, I'm pissed, everyone's pissed, wars on here, wars in Egypt, wars in other places in the world. Sigh.

Peace, that is all.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:54 AM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

I got a +rep saying "more about bike plz" on the second to last post. I think that whoever did that didn't really understand what kinda bike I was talking about, but I guess I'll elaborate. I bought it last year, bike + gear for €1400, totally worth it, just look at this beauty:

Old 02-03-2011, 10:08 PM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Continueing with the Oscar nominations, within the past 5 or 6 days I've watched another two, first Toy Story 3, it was very entertaining to watch but not much more than that, second was The Kids Are All Right, interesting plot but not that special really.

And then came Inception. I was warned previously to keep my attention at it, which is exactly what I did. I managed to follow the plot nicely, know what was going on etc, until the very last shot. I was seriously laughing out loud to the brilliance of that last single shot, whoever came up with it should be both hanged and worshipped. I'm not going into details, don't wanna ruin it for people who haven't seen it yet, but that was sick.

So, so far we have:

The Social Network - Great movie, inspirational, exciting till the end, brilliant acting too
127 Hours - Amazing movie, again inspirational, and to some it can be life changing or at least in some form, amazing acting
Toy Story 3 - Entertaining, funny, but not as good as the above
The Kids Are All Right - Interesting plot, but that's about it
Inception - Amazing, brilliant, sucks you right into it, plays with your mind at the end, one of the best endings I've ever seen

Okay, so we're halfway through, rest coming later.

Old 02-13-2011, 10:52 PM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Well hello there.

So, I'm missing the poker life again. Hehe. Just came from 3 weeks off in which I had nothing to do, coulda easily played a lot, but now I suddenly feel like playing again, precisely when college starts again. Timing whoohee! But yeah, I do think that I really wanna come back, I actually just finished 12th in the $6.40 super turbo thing and I don't even feel bad about it, that surely must be a good thing.

So, I also know how I'm gonna come back. I'm gonna put up a BAS tomorrow for the mini-FTOPS, it doesn't start for another 2 weeks but I'm adding satties too. It'll be 1k-1.5k, dunno yet, but with guidelines to play any NLHE event under $109 (with multientries the total amount of entries should be under $109) and under $22 for any other game and play satties alongside to keep it around starting bankroll. I've always loved series, so this should be a good thing for motivation.

I do know however that I've been falling behind on strategy and stuff, so in the meanwhile I'm gonna read up a lot again, gotta get back into my game if I wanna have a shot at a big score. Probably gonna do that by watching videos, reading stuff here and reading stuff on 2+2, and playing MTTs on my own roll alongside, until I sell out the BAS.

Aight, enough about that, time for real life. To celebrate the end of my three weeks off I've been on a 4-day drinking streak, was fun but I'm pretty beat now, and I gotta get up at 7 am tomorrow to pack and catch an early bus, and then my first class of the semester at 11 am. Statistics, yaaaay -.-

On the movies topic, only watched one lately and that was Black Swan. I again had no idea what to expect as I don't watch the trailers or anything, so it started out as some weird ballet movie.. I was already thinking that the next 2 hours were gonna be hard, but the opposite happened. I absolutely loved the movie, not just because of the lesbian scene between Mila Kunis and that other girl, but the movie itself was just sick. Definitely watch this one!

Aight, I think that's it for now, byebye.

Old 02-15-2011, 03:32 PM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

So, comeback ain't treating me nicely so far. Yesterday I got another 12th place, even though it was a HU tourney with 170ish players, but still sucks as I had my opponent all in three times on a 50-50, 70-30 and 80-20 and lost them all. Meh, first was only $200 anyways, but I do like $200 scores atm. Rest of the tourneys went pretty badly, had a few mincashes though, thought I was playing pretty well but pieces didn't fall into their places.

Then today I played the $2R multientry rush on Full Tilt. What an amazing tournament, I loved it! I entered it cause I saw there were tons of people with 1 entry in it (AKA noobs) and half the field was already out when I entered it lol, within rebuy period. So yeah, amazing value. So, I lost 2 entries pretty soon after rebuy period on running into monsters, then I had 2 nice stacks in the others, close to 30k both, then ran one AA into TT on QJT which sucked, and the other went better and better, went up to 70k before spewing 20kish on AQ and then QQ vs. AKs, flop QTx, turn x, river J obvioulsy for 100k flip. Ah well. I did cash it and I felt extremely comfortable in it, playing really really good, so definitely playing more of those in the future as first is like $6k, mbn.

Also put up my miniFTOPS BAS, not selling great yet, but it's still 2.5 weeks away and I understand people are wary with investing in me after the last few cancellations. W/e Frogman just had a nice score so I can afford to take some myself too. Would be nice to hit big on it as I'm going on 3 holidays within the next 6 months (carnaval in Eindhoven, just a weekend but gonna be lots and lots of beer, week in Tallinn with college, 12 days in Bulgaria in the summer), total costs excluding food/drinks are already €1000 so I better either start shipping, or working. I do have a €5k savings account from my parents but they won't like it if I take something off it for holidays.. I could explain them that I'm going to be working over summer and next schoolyear though, if I can find a job. I hope to get something at a music-ish store, but if that doesn't work then I guess any store is fine. I'm not gonna be working in a bar, calling centre or transport branche though, that's what I do know.

Aight so this week is also gonna be a lot of studying, got my first test ready next week, 400ish pages in books I bought yesterday lol so gotta start reading soon I guess. Gonna be hard this week though, so much football, it's sick. Today's top match is AC Milan - Tottenham Hotspur, but they're not broadcasting it live :/ So I'll just find a stream, or watch a movie, dunno yet. Tomorrow is sick with Barcelona - Arsenal and then 3 Dutch teams playing Europa League on Thursday. Guess I better get some beer today for it, gonna be niiiiice.

Old 02-18-2011, 12:49 AM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Wtfffffff when can I win something again? Or at least FT something.. Honestly, this is getting redicilous. I know my game is far from perfect atm, and me drinking till I'm drunk tonight didn't help either, but really, losing 80-20 or better everywhere it's fcking stupid. I've been screwing up on my game a lot the past days but it didn't show today, down about $200 on max $26 buy ins, sucks balls but whatever, I'll get there, I know it. I can fcking beat these idiots, fcking roundhousekick them around the fcking rooms. I know I'm probably playing too many super turbos and alikes but I haven't really had the time for decent sessions yet, college and all, it's the first week of the semester and on Tuesday I already got an exam, rigged imo. It's gonna be pretty easy though so whatever, drinking afterwards, gonna be guten.

I'm drunk atm, it's good to be drunk again, been a while. My head is feeling all light and shit, listening Pink Floyds first album, getting some great inspiration in me, gonna write some song-ish after writing this, can't let this drunken state go to waste eh. I got a statistics class at 11 am tomorrow but wahtever, that course is fcking easy anyways, no reason to go it. Actually, everythign is fcking easy atm, I dunno if it's because the courses are easy or that I'm just a lil smarter than everyone else (don't wanna be cocky but really, it seems like it) but really, they're gonna have to challenge me if they wanna keep me interested. I guess I could do the honours classes but for 1 I'm not motivated for it and for 2 they're not gonna let me in having only had 7's so far, due to not doing anything.

So yeah, I am motivated to work for poker lately, been reading up, talking to people etc, really feel like I'm getting back into the game, and it's good to be back, even though I'm losing atm, but I'm bound to get a score soon, I just know it. It can't be long anymore, this is just getting ridiculous. So, I'm just gonna fcking pwn the miniftops, ship 2+ events imo, $10k+ profits will do.

Aight, that's it for now, stay tuned!

Old 02-18-2011, 01:30 AM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Soooo wrote this in a few mins:

I feel like I'm flying
Flying off to a better place
I feel like I'm flying
Flying off to outer space

I feel like I'm floating
Floating in a sailing boat
I feel like I'm floating
Floating away from the coast

I feel like I'm riding
Riding a line to nowhere
I feel like I'm riding
Riding to the top of the stairs

I feel like I'm walking
Walking past a razorblade
I feel like I'm walking
Walking but my path's been made

I feel like I'm floating
Floating swiftly through the air
I feel like I'm floating
Floating towards the top of the stairs

I feel like I'm flying
Flying off to a better place
I feel like I'm flying
Flying off to outer space.

EDIT: Really satisfied with that, guess my drunkenness worked it's charm. May do this more often but I dunno, not that healthy etc.

Last edited by TomPerez : 02-18-2011 at 01:32 AM.

Old 02-19-2011, 01:28 AM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Fcccck I'm drunk again, had fun in town tonight, catching up with people etc., gonna go out tomorrow again. Weekend is still non-poker for me, got more important things to do, socialize etc. I think I'm gonna stay at Groningen next weekend though so I can really grind things up, really gotta win something soon. Got an exam on Tuesday so till then I won't be playin gmuch but afterwards I'm gonna go loose, Like fcking schedule every day, should be good unless I don't ship anything and bust my roll in a few days. Can't really see that happening though as I'm a fcking bankroll nit, I'm happy to move down if I need too.

Meh, this post is just drunken ramblings though, not even gonna recall writing this tomorrow but who cares I guess. I just know that I'm really motivated for poker again even though I've had a horrible week pokerwise, and if my drinking is preventing you from investing I just gotta tell you that I can 100% assure you that I'm not gonna be drinking when I'm playing on investors money, that's not a problem at all.

Anyways,, that's prolly it for now, gonna hit the sack and I'll see y'all tomorrow. G'night!

Old 02-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Wow. It's been a while since I had this feeling, but there's only one thing I wanna do at the moment and that's play poker I don't wanna be studying for my exam on Tuesday, just wanna play. I don't wanna go out or anything, just wanna play. So yeah, I think it's clear what I'm gonna be doing tonight.

I've been feeling great the past days, time has come when I'm really really enjoying life. Hard to explain really but I've just been in a great mood all the time, partly because there's a few things I'm really looking forward to, I'm basically just looking forward to a few months of great single life. Gonna be fcking awesome.

So yeah I'm gonna be playing poker tonight, no beer this time, gonna be at top of concentration.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:50 PM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

I'm actually too tired to play tonight after 2 nights of drinking, would just end up losing money so I'm not gonna play. Probably gonna be playing ps3 games at a friends house instead, no alcohol though, really gotta start studying tomorrow.. XD

Old 02-20-2011, 10:16 PM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Wooohooo, had my first good result since returning. Broke even on satties this afternoon (rigged tho) and tonight I decided to play some $3.30 and $6.50 90 seaters, for some almost gauranteed profit, to fund MTTs later this week. Well, that was exactly what happened, out of 18 tourneys I managed to final table 7, ship 1 and 2nd twice for about $200 profit lol. I keep crushing those, should be my main game really but for some reason I seem to be unable to get into them more. I'll definitely play another few sessions like that this week.

So yeah, schedule is to study and chill tomorrow, study tuesday and then make exam tuesday night, after that chill, then full schedule (not really high buy ins though, unless I BAS it) on wednesday, statistics class on thursday and afterwards probably SnG's or some MTTs if I feel like it, then friday saturday sunday full fcking schedules. Really really looking forward to that, some nice me-time and poker time, will be great.

Other than that I haven't got much going in life atm, pretty nice, calm times.

Old 02-21-2011, 12:30 PM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Just played a $2.70 super turbo on demand for lolz and ended up shipping it for $81, gonna freeroll the $2.20 multientry rush rebuy (my new favo) now and finally start some studying after that, I promise

Old 02-22-2011, 10:27 AM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Blog time! (as there's nothing else to do on this forum atm...)

Sooo I started studying for the test at about 11 pm yesterday.. nearly got through one of the two summaries I'm reading. The test is at 6:30pm today, it's 11:20am now so still got enough time I think, and otherwise, whatever, resit!

I've been busier learning Für Elise on the guitar, coming along nicely, expect a vid later this week. I'm not even starting on the middle part and the end though, freaking hard, may start learning that later this week but first I wanna perfect the first parts.

I'm actually getting a little more into classical music lately, I like it to have some playing on the bankground, idk, makes life a little prettier or something lol. And it's also fun trying to learn those familiar pieces on the guitar, most are jgfklda;sjfdla hard though. Meh, practise practise practise I guess.

Sigh, I really gotta study. -.- See ya all.

Old 02-24-2011, 01:09 PM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

I'm sitting in statistics class again so yeah, nothing to do.

I'm pretty much beat after going out 2 nights in a row. We started on tuesday with a brief visit to the casino, where friends of craxer were playing the weekly tournament. It was awesome, the minute I stepped in I fwlt something cone over me, it was like I was home again. Loved it. I didn't play though, but I did lose €20 on roulette. After that we went into town, had fun etc.

Then yesterday afternoon we went out to play some pool, it had also been a while again for me so that felt pretty good too. I got close to my old skill, not quite the same yet though but it was nice.

And that's bascially all. Now, I'm really looking forward to tonight, watching football all night long, and then play some poker too and then the next 3 days just.poker

Good times.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:27 AM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Uuuggh frustrating shit, played an 11 hour session, got 3rd and 4th in meaningless non-gaurantee tourneys and then 19th in the early $11 super stack and 14th in a $3.30 multientry.. Getting so close all the time but can't quite get there yet.

Probably playing about the same tomorrow, don't know yet about the small non-gaurantees though, I think I'm skipping those tomorrow, pretty pointless to play anything with a first prize less than the total amount of money you invest in the day.

Old 02-27-2011, 03:18 AM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Comeback = win.

I went to bed earlier but couldn't sleep (actually still sitting in my underwear atm), and I felt like I had to write something about this day, so here goes.

So it's basically been one of the best days ever, like legit since the beginning of MFing time. First, around 1pm I decided today was gonna be make it or break it day and plan a big big session with $26 and under, only gaurantees today as yesterday kinda sucked. So I went to get groceries for it, when I came back there were people over to replace da mothafudding boiler! As you may know, it's been broken since Tuesday, so I haven't had heat, a shower, done laundry or the dishes since then. The room heated up and so did my poker account.

Soon I was sitting at my first worthy final table since the comeback, the $26 $16,500 Gauranteed, $4.3k for first. I was pretty short the whole time, between 10 and 20 blinds, but I stayed calm, watched people bust and eventually busted myself in 3rd place after what I think was a pretty bad ship but ah well, won $2k on that so my day was already great. Oh and just before that I had knocked out a Full Tilt pro for my second ever tshirt which was also great lol.

While running that I was running ridiculously good in another thing, the $5.50 multientry $7,500 Gauranteed. It was one of my best runs I've seen since Summer Classics, freaking amazing what I was winning etc. I eventually ended up taking 4th in that for another $1k.

So in short:

- Heater got fixed
- Caused me to go on heater, profit $3k
- Got a t-shirt so moar hawtness soon

What more do you need?

So, now I have a $4700 roll and kinda regret putting up that MiniFTOPS BAS, could've done that one my own now but whatever, I'll run it on the BAS though. I bought it up so I'll at least have a lot of the action. I think I'm also gonna cash something out, could probably use some money soon, maybe buy a thing or two, I really was surround boxes in my room so probably getting those. I might also be putting some money on William Hill again, I fancy a lil sports betting, can maybe even turn a profit on it, who knows.

Other than that, I probably gotta focus a little on school coming week, got 2 assignments due which are gonna take some work, sigh. Don't really wanna do anything for school atm tbh but ah well, I'll have too.. All I really wanna do is play more poker lol, heaters are fun.

Old 03-01-2011, 02:40 AM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Okay I was thinking about making a blog post, but I was also thinking about going to bed as it's 3:31 am here at the time of writing this.. It's sick though, I'm not tired at all yet, I think this weekend kinda screwed up my sleeping pattern.

Anyways, Robo sent me a +rep saying "Review the King's Speech" so yeah I'll do that.

So, I watched it 2 weeks ago now, before it even won all the British awards. I must say, it didn't capture me whatsoever. I mean, sure the plot is somewhat interesting and the acting is brilliant, but other than that it basically has nothing. There's no excitement, little humor and no action whatsoever. I can live with that though, some of the best movies out there had nothing of that, but those at least had some kind of artistic value, which this also lacks in my opinion. I mean, the whole plot is just a king who can't speak to others and is trying to learn to speak with the help of a I must say brilliant doctor. That's it. I can see though that if you're familiar with the story that it must have a little more value, but I had never heard of it before so it didn't do much to me to be honest.

I'm surprised it won so many oscars now too, I'd much rather seen it go to 127 Hours, hands down the best movie made this year. The Social Network and Inception were close though. Oh and I watched Winters Bone yesterday, somebody please give me 1.5 hours of my life back. Really, do NOT watch that. Boring as hell, and the rednecks in it are fcking crazy.

Still gotta watch True Grit and The Fighter, dunno when I'll have the time though. I know True Grit was the big loser yesterday, but I still want to see it.

Old 03-02-2011, 12:14 AM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

March is upon is. Or let me rephrase. The month of Mars is upon is. Mars, the Roman God of War. Funny, it seems like last month was his already. Egyptian Revolution, the whole Lybia crisis, the ever-ongoing wars in the middle east, the wars that actually reached this forum, you name it. Why would a God of War even deserve a month? Has war even been something to be proud of? Other than the technological advantages it brought, I can't see a good thing about it. Of course, my ancient Roman brothers would disagree, had it not been for war, they wouldn't have had such a promising Empire. It still fell in the end though, because of war. So, I suggest, lets rename this month. *googles who the Roman God of Peace is* It's Pax, the Roman Goddess of Peace. Yay, we even went from male to female, never bad. And we get to keep the same ring to it. March, Pax.

So here we go! Welcome to Pax! It's gonna be a mixed month for me. February has been absolutely great. As you know by now I came back to poker. Something sparked me at the end of my 3 free weeks, I suddenly had the will to play again, I enjoyed it again, not to mention that I needed some money. So I started analyzing again, talking strategy, reading stuff and more than all, play. At first it didn't go great, my game was rusty, but last Saturday I got the rewards for my effort. 2 deep runs within an hour of eachother made my month, my comeback. Almost $3k profit in one night, something I've never even done in my online poker career, it was great, I'm actually still in a nonstop good mood from it, despite being down about $500 since.

Yes, I'm down $500 already. Sunday eve I tried to profit of the Sunday donks on the 90s. My plan was to play a set of 16 $13s, but they weren't filling near fast enough, and I saw a $52 one filling so I thought: "What the heck!" and registered in that, and 5 $26s, and 10 $13s in the end. Well, I didn't run good. Didn't cash any of them so I was stuck over $300 by the end of the night.

I didn't play yesterday, and it looked like I wasn't gonna play today but in the end I decided to do some cash games. This is for the reason that if my will to play holds on, I'll easily be able to get and maintain Iron Man for some time, which would be nice, maybe even black card at some point, although that's far away. I'm gonna be playing a lot due to the MiniFTOPS anyways this month so I just went for it and fired up 2 50nl 6-max games. I also figured I could profit some off the donks who come for the durrrr challenge, and qualify for it myself lol.

So yeah, the session didn't really go as I had hoped. In a nutshell, I was carddead, I didn't hit anything, my moves didn't work, I got coolered and I got bad beat0rd. So yeah, probably the worst things you can have in cashgames all happened to me in this session. Ended just over $150 down, I don't know exactly how much but it was more than I'd planned. I do have to admit that I was a bit agitated by the end which resulted in me making a move I maybe shouldn't have made, but I still don't know how my opponent called me there, new on the table and all, I'm not even gonna explain it. I should've just left before it though when I started to feel agitated but I guess that's a lesson for next time.

So, that's Pax so far, my plans for this month are as stated to achieve Iron Man, but also to keep up with my study, which is gonna be a little harder I think. Got 2 assignments due this week so probably can't play tomorrow, maybe a cashgame session like today's late at night though. On Thursday there's a football match I gotta watch, and I gotta finish one of the assignments. Then from Friday till Monday I'll be celebrating Carnaval, gonna be awesome, I expect to be drunk 72 hours in a row, gonna be a MAJOR headache when I get back, but it'll be worth it. It does mean that I can't play, I'll definitely get a session in on Friday morning though. After Carnaval it's time for the MiniFTOPS, grinding satties throughout the day and playing the events in the evening, should easily get me 125 or more points a day. Really wanna profit lots on it, 5 figure binks imo lol. Nah, shouldn't really get my hopes up that much, profiting on the satties is a must though. I realise the tourneys are too big to make any kind of expectations.

So I think that covered everything poker and study related. Now one last thing; I bought new speakers today! 5.1 surround set, it's awesome! Bass is unbelievable but the treble is great too, and it was pretty cheap. Really happy with it. I'm currently listening to the "Rock top 100" created by Songa.nl, which I copied and edited a little bit, removed bad ones, added good ones etc and now I got a sick rock playlist, all the classics, old, modern, just everything basically, it's awesome! So I'll be having that playing on the background for a while, nice!

And that's it for tonight, tune in next time for another great episode of The Quest for Pro-ness! Good night and good luck!

*fade to black*

Old 03-02-2011, 08:53 PM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Fccckkkkk I should've made a great profit this session, was doing really well, up at least $70 at one point, until this hand:

Full Tilt Poker Game #28670372284: Table Britz (6 max) - $0.25/$0.50 - No Limit Hold'em - 15:42:47 ET - 2011/03/02
Seat 1: TomPerez ($162.25)
Seat 2: vasiok22 ($38.50)
Seat 3: JHeiliger145 ($53.25)
Seat 4: kauch12 ($92.75)
Seat 5: dmzz7 ($50)
Seat 6: hbeni27 ($56.35)
TomPerez posts the small blind of $0.25
vasiok22 posts the big blind of $0.50
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to TomPerez [Ks Ah]
JHeiliger145 raises to $1.50
kauch12 folds
dmzz7 folds
hbeni27 folds
TomPerez raises to $5
vasiok22 folds
JHeiliger145 calls $3.50
*** FLOP *** [3d 6c Ac]
TomPerez has 15 seconds left to act
TomPerez bets $7
JHeiliger145 raises to $15
TomPerez has 15 seconds left to act
TomPerez raises to $55.50
JHeiliger145 calls $33.25, and is all in
TomPerez shows [Ks Ah]
JHeiliger145 shows [Ad 9d]
Uncalled bet of $7.25 returned to TomPerez
*** TURN *** [3d 6c Ac] [Qd]
*** RIVER *** [3d 6c Ac Qd] [9s]
TomPerez shows a pair of Aces
JHeiliger145 shows two pair, Aces and Nines
JHeiliger145 wins the pot ($104) with two pair, Aces and Nines
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $107 | Rake $3
Board: [3d 6c Ac Qd 9s]
Seat 1: TomPerez (small blind) showed [Ks Ah] and lost with a pair of Aces
Seat 2: vasiok22 (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 3: JHeiliger145 showed [Ad 9d] and won ($104) with two pair, Aces and Nines
Seat 4: kauch12 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: dmzz7 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: hbeni27 (button) didn't bet (folded)

Yay 86-14ish for $100, ugggh. So yeah, I'm pretty pissed off with this session result, was playing well, went up solidly but all the profit gone on this hand.

Did manage to make my Iron Man points though.

Gonna be watching football rest of the night,

Old 03-10-2011, 11:20 AM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Sooo I've been ill the past few days. On Tuesday I thought it was just the hangover from carnaval but I had a fever too so I think I had a flu or something. I still have a big headache now and a sore throat, but I think the fever is gone. I'm still not in a state to play though, which really sucks as the MiniFTOPS is already 5 days underway, and I haven't played anything. I want to apologize for that, but you really wouldn't want me to play in this state. I can also pretty much forget about Iron Man already, ah well.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:28 AM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

I'm kinda drunk and realize I haven't updated this in a while. I gotta get up at 8 am tomorrow and it's 2:30am now so that kinda sucks.

Exams coming up so hardly got time for pokerz right now. Did play a session on monday but ended in a slight loss even though I made a final table, meh.

Life is pretty steady atm, spending mpost of my time studying, though I went out tonight, just briefly though but it was fun. Met this girl last saturday which was nice, but she lives far away so I dunno if I'm gonna try anything. Gonna see her on Saturday though so we'll see. I kinda do want a new girl in my life though, even though I enjoy the single life, it's weird, paradoxical if you will.

Aight, enough stupid ramblings, gonna cut this short and hit the sack, good night!.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:16 AM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

It's about fcking time to update this b*tch!

So, the reason why I haven't updated this in a while is because it struck me that it was kinda weird that I was having a diary type of blog on a public place, so I tried starting a really diary like thing but somehow it wasn't the same, so I'm back here

So, cliffs on past weeks:

- Exams (passed 1, failed 1)
- Roger Waters concert (best concert ever)
- A week in Tallinn (best week ever)
- Hardly any pokerz
- Choosing between girls lol.

I don't have a lot of time so I'll elaborate on Tallinn first. It was a great week, 46 students cramped into a hostel in downtown Tallinn with no rules whatsoever (we were allowed to blast music anytime and basically use anything there) so that was awesome, we were right in downtown so lots to do, went out almost every night, I think I stayed home only 2 nights. I did drink every day lol. Longest night I had was 7 hrs (my normal avg is 9) and shortest was no night at all, avg was probably 4ish. So yeah, awesome week.

Then, Roger Waters. Best concert I've ever seen but that was no less than I expected. The Wall is my favourite album so a concert with just songs of The Wall is perfect anyways. Also the lead guitarist was actually really good, despite the absence of David Gilmour. Snowy White was also playing along, nice surprise. All in all it was a great concert with lots of eargasms. I can't wait for the dvd, especially because there have been rumors that Waters asked Gilmour for one more concert and that that concert is gonna be on the dvd.

Alright, poker! I've hardly played due to lack of time, but I'm getting really pumped for the SCOOP. After Black Friday I think it's gonna be really interesting to see where the field sizes are, and how the skill level is. Smaller fields and worse players = yay So yeah I put up a BAS for $1000 to play all the low events and hopefully bink an early one so I can play a few mediums too. It's too bad that the 4-max is $320, just a tad too expensive.. I really really want to win a few grand though, I just want money

Then, girls. I was choosing between 3 and I basically made my choice, weird choice because I'm going for the only one that has a boyfriend.. XD Her boyfriend is an ass though and I can't see her staying with him much longer, and I'm pretty pretty sure she either like me a lot or is sorta in love with me even though she's with him, so we'll see what happens there.

Exams, not much to say there, passed Statistics, didn't pass Developmental Psychology, like more than half of the students. The question were just way too hard, way too detailed. So, this means I'll have 4 exams before summer, resit of Developmental Psychology, and then Biological Psychology, Personality Differences and History of Psychology. Just those 4 and then it's summer! I made a vow with myself to keep up with the reading schemes to really make sure I get no resits this time, cause that'd mean 1 or 2 weeks shorter summer holiday..

Okay, that's it! Tune in again for moar of TPs crazy ramblolings!

Old 05-16-2011, 09:04 PM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

WARNING: The content of this post is serious and may be deep, which may result in a lower enjoyment of your life. Readers discretion is advised.

Yes yes!

So, I have no idea where to start, but I guess I'll just say it immediately. I'm having doubts whether I should continue studying Psychology. The main reason is that I'm just not enjoying it anymore. It's all amazingly boring, and I actually mean university as a whole. It's nothing but sitting in a bench, listening to some boring speaker, and reading books. It's all so very dull. Also the stuff you learn at Psychology, it's hard to explain but most of it is very common sense, and the rest is depressing as hell.

Let me explain that. I'm currently following the course Biopsychology, which ultimately tries to find out what the connection is of our conciousness and the body/brain. The closer they get to the answer, the more I'm starting to dislike it. Everything we learn there basically tells us that the human being is nothing but a big biological machine, that everything we do is a logical and predictable reaction to a great amount of inputs. It's saying that you, me, everyone and everything around us is totally predictable in the end and we all have no say in what we do. To me (and should be to everyone) this is totally depressing as that would mean that there is no meaning in life, we're just here. If we ever find the real answer, I don't wanna know it. I wanna keep on dreaming. I don't want to have the dreams crushed by the truth, the truth sucks. Dreaming is way better, we can create a world of our own, a little perfect world.

Alright, I didn't really put this in the exact words that I'd hoped, should've written it down earlier, but I think you get my point. That point being that I wanna do something that's less related to science. I see now that it was wrong of me to go to university just because it was the "highest" I could shoot for, I need to do something I enjoy. That's why I signed up for Journalism next year. Now there's something I'd enjoy. It's not just benches and books, there's way more practical shizzle, let alone the creativity. University doesn't like creativity, you know. I'm currently writing a paper, "scientific" writing. It's one big hell. There are about a few hundred rules you gotta follow, and if you twist them just a little bit, your paper isn't good. I want creativity, I wanna be able to say what I want, how I want. Impossible.

The more I talk about it, the more disgusted I get. One of the first things you learn at University is "Think for yourself, don't believe everything you hear". However, I'm supposed to believe everything science says, and not supposed to have my own idea's of the world. Cause after all, if it's been proven, it's correct, eh? To be honest, I don't care. I have my view of the world, and it makes me happy, it gives me hope, it makes me the optimist I am, about every single day. Science is THIS close to taking that away from me. I feel like a religious person when I talk like this, and maybe I am, it's just my own religion.

Have scientists ever stood still at the idea that it might not be good for us to know all the answers? When you don't know an answer, you can create your own, which in all the big questions of life are probably way better than the actual answers. I don't know if you can still follow my rant, but if you can you should know what I'm talking about. Since the dawn of day, we have been wondering what the meaning of life is. Great ideas have been made, most said life was very meaningful. Now we're getting close to the answer that it has no meaning at all. I don't know about you, but I'd rather be a man who has a false belief, but thinks that his life is meaningful and finds hope out of that, than a man who knows that everything he does is absolutely pointless and doesn't matter at all. That idea makes me wanna end this life altogether, and who would want that?

I think I've covered everything. Conclusion, I'm fed up with science. I'd way rather be active in the field of art. That's where the real people are. That's where I wanna be. Too bad it's kinda hard, but I can always try. Right now I'm supposed to working on a presentation by the way, got it tomorrow and haven't done anything yet. I'm really tempted to just put this rant on tomorrow, but I don't think that'd be really smart..

End of that chapter, quick LOL moment, wasn't planning to play the PLO 1R1A turbo anymore but I forgot to unreg, on the second hand I made a straight flush vs a boat lol.

Old 05-25-2011, 01:33 PM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

It's been over a week since my big rant post, and my mind is pretty much made up. I don't wanna continue studying Psychology. That's my conclusion from lots and lots of talks with just about everyone. Instead I wanna study Journalism, problem is that I have a chance of less than 1 in 2 to get in, probably, and there's nothing I can do about it. So in the meanwhile I can just wait and just in case try to do well in Psychology for as long as it lasts.

I've been thinking a lot about something else too. It has come to my attention that I really like writing, and actually really like reading too. It's been a long time since I read a book, but last week I purchased Lolita and I'm really enjoying it. I've also always liked writing, writing stories/articles that is, not assignments. I've just never really done anything with it, except this blog maybe. This blog shows that I love writing tbh, count all the huge posts I made So, I've come to the conclusion that I want to write a book, and that's probably what I'm gonna do. I've got a good idea for one, it's poker-related yes but I'm not gonna tell yet. So yeah I'm just gonna try it I guess, who knows, maybe someone would want to take it to the press and I might actually make a buck or two off it.

So, what else is going on in my life? Not that much atm. I'm watching a LOT of movies again. I loved Enter The Void, it was freaking amazing. Seriously, anyone who hasn't seen it, go watch it, even though you gotta be open for it, and you gotta be able to handle it. I watched it by myself in the dark, had a headache at the end due to all the flicking lights. But it is an amazing movie, and I made a pact with myself to stay off hard drugs for as long as I live. A lil weed can't hurt but that shit is fcking dangerous

Other movies I saw:

Wall-E: Shows perfectly where we are heading as mankind if we don't watch out. A world that's destroyed, mankind living in a spaceship where everything is automated, no one knows how to walk anymore etc. That combined with a peculiar love story between 2 robots makes it an excellent film.
The Notebook: Beautiful story, beautiful telling.
Red Eye: Same actress as The Notebook (<3), plot is kinda vague but still entertainingly exciting. Nothing more than that though.
Where the Heart Is: Not bad, not great either.
Pirates of the Caribbean 4: Entertaining but not as good as the other 3. The mermaids were awesome though XD

Okay, enough!

Poker Forum | Poker Staking

Poker Site Reviews
Titan Poker Pokerstars William Hill Bodog Carbon Poker Ladbrokes Party PokerCake Poker

Surfers Poker - Poker Forum Database Error
Database Error Database error
The Surfers Poker - Poker Forum database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.surferspoker.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.surferspoker.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.