Go Back   Surfers Poker - Poker Forum > Social and Off-topic > The Beach
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Administrator

Staker Points: 22847.03
TPS: 5821.025
Fav. Online Player : I_Feel_Fine
Fav. Pro : Tony G, Sam Farha
Venice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
smallbluestar Official Instructions for Installing the Surfers Theme

RufusHoward has designed a Surfers Poker Theme. Details of how that came about can be found in this thead

Instructions to Install the Theme on your Pokerstars Table

1. Click here http://www.surferspoker.com/surferspokertheme/

2. Find xThemes.zip

3. Right click it, and Click 'Save Target As'

4. Save it in your Pokerstars folder (My Computer, Local Disk, Program Files, Pokerstars)

5. Extract/unzip xThemes (Right click xThemes.zip and click 'Extract here' or unzip)

6. Go to Pokerstars. Click on View - then Themes and the Surfers Theme will be available to Select from the list. Click Apply. Job done.

(With step 6, It may prompt you to install 'Stars Theme'. Just do that (scroll up, find it, click install). Then Apply the Surfers Theme)
Just be nice and fold. Please. I will never ever bluff you again. Dont make me sit here for your whole time bank. Just dont. No. No. No. I cant stand it no longer. Just fold already. FOLD. FOLD. FOLD......Phewwww.
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in - Mark Twain

Surfers Poker - Featured Sites
Old 11-16-2007, 04:39 PM
Administrator

Venice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

Here is a screenshot of it from the other thread...

Just be nice and fold. Please. I will never ever bluff you again. Dont make me sit here for your whole time bank. Just dont. No. No. No. I cant stand it no longer. Just fold already. FOLD. FOLD. FOLD......Phewwww.
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in - Mark Twain

Old 11-16-2007, 05:04 PM
Verified Member
Gold Level Staker
Surfers Event Winner
WSOSP Winner

Staker Points: 227.77
TPS: 1.15
Plays at : Pokerstars
Game of choice : Horse
Fav. Online Player : ME
paula1966 Best Poker Forum Member Contenderpaula1966 Best Poker Forum Member Contender
Send a message via MSN to paula1966 Send a message via Yahoo to paula1966
Red face

grgrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr made it all the way to the copy and paste into the file and it wont let me........................keeps telling me

Cannot create the C:\Program Files\Pokerstars\xthemes\xthemes.ini file. Make sure that the path and file name are correct.

When i go to this word pad there is already something in there, have tried just adding this to it, filling in what is alreay there keep getting same message though and with it an option to change where its going and i typed in xthemes.ini and then it tells me its already created do i want to overwrite it.................well grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr if its already created how come it keeps telling me to make sure the path and file name are correct???

pokerstars: paula1966
ultimatebet: paula_1966
full tilt: paula1966

" If ya don't have em, dont play em "

Old 11-16-2007, 05:37 PM
Administrator

Right click - Open with notepad - paste it in there - save

Have you tried that?

Old 11-16-2007, 05:45 PM
Platinum Horse - Verified
Surfers Event Winner

Staker Points: 11.45
TPS: 118.72
Plays at : FullTilt / PokerStar
Game of choice : Hold Em'
Fav. Online Player : durrr
Fav. Pro : Daniel Negreanu
RufusHoward Best Poker Forum Member Contender
Send a message via MSN to RufusHoward Send a message via Yahoo to RufusHoward

Thank you Venice for setting this up hopefully this will help a lot of people out. I know my explanation of installing it was sloppy/hard to understand thanks for doing this.

Paula copy/paste here what is already in there. if something is already in there hit enter 4 times so there are 3 spaces after whatever is in there and then paste the surfers info. into it. Not sure if this will help but ain't going to hurt trying. Also look at the screenshots on the other link and see if yours looks similar to that maybe that will help you catch something.
Example:
blah blah whatever is here.

Surfers info like this.

GO TO TOUNAMENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-16-2007, 05:47 PM
Verified Member
Gold Level Staker
Surfers Event Winner
WSOSP Winner

paula1966 Best Poker Forum Member Contenderpaula1966 Best Poker Forum Member Contender

when i try that it tells me access denied lololol sheesh why do i have to be so computer illiterate.............

Venice this is already in that notepad right??..

[NEWTHEME-1@user456.Pokerstars.com]
name=User-defined theme
copyright=(c) Pokerstars.com 2006
folder=user456.Pokerstars.com\NEWTHEME-1
base=default@Pokerstars.com

i have tried just adding the rufus one below this, in front of this, in place of this........nothing is working

Old 11-16-2007, 05:51 PM
White Water Surfer
Surfers Event Winner x19
Silver Supernova Staker
Elite Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner x4
Sharkfin Winner x8

Staker Points: 12350.029999999999
TPS: 36978.17
Plays at : CampusBar
Fav. Online Player : Ademir Galeno
Fav. Pro : dude904
ouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

do you have to close Pokerstars first, to stop the applet interfering with the editing
i dont know, but that's something that might happen

dude904 paid me $9001 for this promotional forum sig

awaiting funds

Old 11-16-2007, 05:56 PM
Administrator

I'll simplify the whole thing completely. Give me 10 mins

Old 11-16-2007, 05:59 PM
Verified Member
Gold Level Staker
Surfers Event Winner
WSOSP Winner

Red face

lmaooooooooo i'm sooooooooo sry Venice, i know your busy, im just computer illiterate i guess we can make real simple and if u have msn u can gain access to my puter and do it for me (lolol) sheesh im really out there now huh? lolol

Old 11-16-2007, 06:01 PM
Verified Member
Gold Level Staker
Surfers Event Winner
WSOSP Winner

Red face

do u think its because i have the windows vista??? i've heard alot of bad things about this new operating system

Old 11-16-2007, 06:12 PM
Administrator

ok, delete your xThemes folder to get it back to how it was.... and stand by for further instructions

Old 11-16-2007, 06:13 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Platinum Staker - Verified

Staker Points: 292
TPS: 0
Game of choice : NL Hold'em,PLO, Razz
Fav. Online Player : Paul Wasicka
Fav. Pro : Phil Laak
Froetloeps Poker Forum ExpertFroetloeps Poker Forum ExpertFroetloeps Poker Forum ExpertFroetloeps Poker Forum ExpertFroetloeps Poker Forum ExpertFroetloeps Poker Forum Expert
Send a message via MSN to Froetloeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by paula1966 View Post
do u think its because i have the windows vista??? i've heard alot of bad things about this new operating system
I have the same problem and have vista also

Old 11-16-2007, 06:16 PM
Verified Member
Gold Level Staker
Surfers Event Winner
WSOSP Winner

ok deleted and standing by

Old 11-16-2007, 06:17 PM
Platinum Horse - Verified
Surfers Event Winner

Staker Points: 11.45
TPS: 118.72
Plays at : FullTilt / PokerStar
Game of choice : Hold Em'
Fav. Online Player : durrr
Fav. Pro : Daniel Negreanu
RufusHoward Best Poker Forum Member Contender
Send a message via MSN to RufusHoward Send a message via Yahoo to RufusHoward

yap I believe it is because you have Windows Vista. I remember reading off of another themes related site that you have to do something different to install it. I will get the info. after this tourny if Venice hasn't already got it for you.

GO TO TOUNAMENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-16-2007, 06:17 PM
Administrator

Instructions, good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venice View Post
RufusHoward has designed a Surfers Poker Theme. Details of how that came about can be found in this thead

Instructions to Install the Theme on your Pokerstars Table

2. Find xThemes.zip

4. Save it in your Pokerstars folder

5. Extract/unzip xThemes (Right click xThemes.zip and click 'Extract here' or unzip)

6. Go to Pokerstars. Click on View - then Themes and the Surfers Theme will be available to Select from the list. Click Apply. Job done.

(With step 6, It may prompt you to install 'Stars Theme'. Just do that (scroll up, find it, click install). Then Apply the Surfers Theme)

Old 11-16-2007, 06:33 PM
Administrator

First person to type "woo-hoo I've done it" wins a "woo-hoo 2u2" (collectable tomorrow at this rate)

Old 11-16-2007, 06:37 PM
Verified Member
Gold Level Staker
Surfers Event Winner
WSOSP Winner

Cool

how about grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr's lolol i right click save as target, go to Pokerstars file to find what i just put there so i can unzip it and guess what, its not there as a matter of fact when i do a search, its NOWHERE!! ok im gonna start smoking again

Old 11-16-2007, 06:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
how about grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr's lolol i right click save as target, go to Pokerstars file to find what i just put there so i can unzip it and guess what, its not there as a matter of fact when i do a search, its NOWHERE!! ok im gonna start smoking again
Right Click ...Save Target as .....find the Pokerstars folder...save it in there (ie Save xThemes.zip in Pokerstars folder)

Then straight away click "open folder" (which will open where you have just saved it, which should have been Pokerstars folder if you saved it in the right place) and then find xThemes.zip

Old 11-16-2007, 06:48 PM
Gold Level Staker
Gold Horse - Verified

Surfers Event Winner x4

Staker Points: 132.3
TPS: 119.62
Plays at : poker stars
rummy Poker Forum Expertrummy Poker Forum Expertrummy Poker Forum Expertrummy Poker Forum Expertrummy Poker Forum Expertrummy Poker Forum Expert

i did that opened the files and rufus.theme folder is there but when i open poker stars there is no choice for it.

Old 11-16-2007, 06:53 PM
Verified Member
Gold Level Staker
Surfers Event Winner
WSOSP Winner

Cool

u know what, i think im just too stupid for this lololol when i finally do find the folder which is in some virtual store Pokerstars folder.........if i try to extract files it tells me its empty, so im lost and i jsut need to give up before i drive myself and everyone else crazy lolol

Old 11-16-2007, 06:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rummy View Post
i did that opened the files and rufus.theme folder is there but when i open poker stars there is no choice for it.
Please tell me what your folders visually look like

They should be

Pokerstars
------xThemes
-----------user456.Pokerstars.com
------------------NEWTHEME-1
------------------rufus.theme
-----------------------ctrls
-----------------------label

Remember you dont edit any files anymore

Old 11-16-2007, 07:07 PM
Gold Level Staker
Gold Horse - Verified

Surfers Event Winner x4

rummy Poker Forum Expertrummy Poker Forum Expertrummy Poker Forum Expertrummy Poker Forum Expertrummy Poker Forum Expertrummy Poker Forum Expert

i open XThemes then there is two folders user456.Pokerstars.com and xthemes(configuration settings) when i open user456.Pokerstars.com theres two again rufus.theme, and newtheme when i open rufus.theme theres pics of the table and at the bottom theres folders that say ctrls, label, bg, , fg, fg.a

Old 11-16-2007, 07:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rummy View Post
i open XThemes then there is two folders user456.Pokerstars.com and xthemes(configuration settings) when i open user456.Pokerstars.com theres two again rufus.theme, and newtheme when i open rufus.theme theres pics of the table and at the bottom theres folders that say ctrls, label, bg, , fg, fg.a
xthemes (configuration settings) is just a file right? (not a folder)

And please post the contents of xthemes (config settings) if it is a file

Also, shut down Pokerstars and relauch it, and check if the theme is there.

Old 11-16-2007, 07:18 PM
Verified Member
Gold Level Staker
Surfers Event Winner
WSOSP Winner

well heres what mine looks like
Attached Images
File Type: jpg files.jpg (94.2 KB, 192 views)

Old 11-16-2007, 07:20 PM
Administrator

There is no xThemes folder there.

Once you save the xThemes.zip to your Pokerstars folder, and unzip it, then all the correct folders and files will appear

Old 11-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Verified Member
Gold Level Staker
Surfers Event Winner
WSOSP Winner

Red face

Quote:
ok, delete your xThemes folder to get it back to how it was.... and stand by for further instructions

?????????????????? roflmaooooooooooooo

Old 11-16-2007, 07:25 PM
Gold Level Staker
Gold Horse - Verified

Surfers Event Winner x4

thats whats in the config settings and i turned of ps and still nota

[rufustheme@rufuskthanks.atgmail.com]
name=surfers poker theme
copyright=(c) rufuskthanks@gmail.com 2007
folder=user456.Pokerstars.com/rufus.theme
base=stars@Pokerstars.com
deck=default

Last edited by Venice : 11-16-2007 at 07:40 PM. Reason: comment : those look ok

Old 11-16-2007, 07:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
?????????????????? roflmaooooooooooooo
That is correct, you did need to delete it at the time. But you also needed to put it back (via the new instructions)

These were the new instructions....

Quote:

2. Find xThemes.zip

4. Save it in your Pokerstars folder (My Computer, Local Disk, Program Files, Pokerstars)

Old 11-16-2007, 07:40 PM
Verified Member
Gold Level Staker
Surfers Event Winner
WSOSP Winner

oh ok thats my problem then, i got that far with the old instructions and had the xthemes, but this new way will not allow me to do it, i right click, save target as, then it does not let me open right away, i have to go to C, program files, Pokerstars........only to find out, its not there so obviously its 1 of 2 things............me or vista lolol and rufus said he thought he remembered seeing something about dowloading this with vista.......so im outta luck for now

Old 11-16-2007, 07:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
oh ok thats my problem then, i got that far with the old instructions and had the xthemes, but this new way will not allow me to do it, i right click, save target as, then it does not let me open right away, i have to go to C, program files, Pokerstars........only to find out, its not there so obviously its 1 of 2 things............me or vista lolol and rufus said he thought he remembered seeing something about dowloading this with vista.......so im outta luck for now
Can I just clarify 1 sentence in there. When you say "only to find out, its not there" what is it that is not there?

Poker Forum | Poker Staking

Poker Site Reviews
Titan Poker Pokerstars William Hill Bodog Carbon Poker Ladbrokes Party PokerCake Poker