Surfers Poker, Poker Forum

Go Back   Surfers Poker - Poker Forum > Poker Blogs and Poker Entertainment > Poker Blogs
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013, 02:19 PM
Gold Horse - Verified
Silver Supernova Staker

Surfers Event Winner x2

Staker Points: 4100.25
TPS: 65
Plays at : Pokerstars
Game of choice : Heads-Up
xzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Poker
Send a message via Skype™ to xzc32
Default Working title

It's been a long time, but I have decided to keep a bit of a blog again after re-reading the old one. I don't remember most of the stuff I wrote there, barely feels like it even happened, so going to track my new pokerstreak here for future generations inspiration

Anyway, as most of you know, I've been playing off and on for four years now. Moderate to little success online but I have been doing very well live playing and travelling across most of Europe. I haven't played at all in the last year, on my second gap year before uni at the moment. Been taking care of my mother who passed away after a long battle with cancer a couple of weeks ago. Been a bit cautious about jumping back in to poker at this time, but I will try to not be as dramatic in this blog as the last one.

Anyway, my roll from liveplay is around 30k$, I don't really want to risk it all online, mostly because I have been saving it for uni, and I'm quite rusty. Decided to deposit 3k$ though and start out playing 100NL 6-max. Going to focus on zoom and try to snipe fish during weekends probably, but im not entirely sure. I will probably spend the first week testing out the waters and then decide on a strategy later. As for now;

BR: 3,000$
VPP: 0

Surfers Poker - Featured Sites
Old 03-14-2013, 02:18 AM
Gold Horse - Verified
Silver Supernova Staker

Surfers Event Winner x2

xzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Poker

Forgot to mention that I have been playing a bit for the last two weekends live. It's a really soft field there, probably one of the worst I've seen anywhere. It's probably the fact that it's pretty low stakes, only 10/10 and 20/20 mostly which is like 100-200NL. Copenhagen which is 20 minutes away has 10x higher stakes and about the same weak field so most good live players play there, so almost just fish. Went pretty bad first night, I lost AA 3x for pretty big stacks at 10/10, but I felt my level of play increased exponentially with time so decided to move up to 20/20. It's pretty sick, when I first sat down It was like playing blind, barely no reads at all. Third night, after like 10-15 hours of live play in total I was back on it, at maybe like 90% not misreading a single hand or making a bad move for a good 6 hours. Ended up with a 12k stack on 20/20 which is like 1k USD profit. Wont bore you with the plays but made a pretty big call threeway all in at 600BBs deep with middle set, fish had AK overcards with 200BBs and another bigstack (decent fish) with 14000BBs called me and I held against his flushdraw. Read them both spot on so would have been happy either way.

Played online yesterday, 2-tabling 100NL 6-max and 4-tabling a short while when the action was at best. Ridiculous how soft these games are, it's like printing money. I have a really big problem playing online with maintaining focus. I was up around 1-1.2k at one point and then made some really really spewy plays towards the end, a bit dissapointed with myself but just couldn't be focused and bothered enough. Not going to exceed 2 tables for the rest of march though, until my game and ranges are perfect.

Also tried some 200NL, breakeven after 1k hands, that was like playing against a wall, competent players all around, but still beatable. Going to keep my sights on that until I have a bigger roll.

Grinding VPPs like a madman though, almost goldstar already

BR: 3,350$
VPP: 2,175

Old 03-18-2013, 05:23 AM
Gold Horse - Verified
Silver Supernova Staker

Surfers Event Winner x2

I am halfway to platinum now, which is a good sign considering I have only been playing for about 3-4 days. Ended up playing about two hours on 200NL 6-max zoom Saturday because I saw a ton of players marked as fish playing, and about 3x as many players as on a weekday overall. Did ok, ran good, was pretty tired so stopped a bit sooner but ended up +500-600 or so. Sunday was worse, I tried 6-tabling because I'm an idiot and played pretty badly. I could handle losing If I felt that I was at least playing well but I was feeling pretty bad before I even started the session and then started spewing massively. It wasn't a pretty scene and I ended up down about about all the profit I had made previously.

Going to start working out and not playing as late (been playing until 4-6 in the morning my time), there are not as many fish at that time and I can feel that I'm playing much worse so there isn't really much point to it. My big problem with online play is the inability to stay focused and take it seriously, my level of play at it's best is definitely enough to beat anything below 200NL from what I have seen, I just need to keep closer to my maximum for the longest time possible, and keep my minimum level of play as high as possible.

As for live play, I was told there is a nice tournament in France the first week of April, thinking of going with some friends, playing poker to pay off the trip (hopefully) and then skiing for maybe 5-6 days in Chamonix. It's about a 15 hour drive and overnight ferry from here but shouldn't be too bad if we can get 3-4 people to share the driving duties.

BR: 3,050$
VPP: 3,800

Old 03-21-2013, 02:39 AM
Gold Horse - Verified
Silver Supernova Staker

Surfers Event Winner x2

So, I've been a bad boy, got kind of bored so played a bit of 200NL zoom. Stupid I know but it just seems so beatable, anyhow a bunch of badbeats later (wont bore you with it, happens to everyone) I was down quite a lot. I should know better, cant play a swingy game like that with 15 buy-ins, but I just got bored at 100NL. I need to do something to keep my discipline, even made a sidebet with a friend for most hands played and best winrate at 25NL zoom, but I just cant be bothered. I don't know what to do really, I feel like this is my biggest leak by far which is a shame. Probably why I'm so much better live. Anyhow, I have to figure something out to keep me in check or else im just going to spew away this money. Any suggestions? Going to watch some videos and then force myself to crush 25/50NL tomorrow, hopefully build a bit of a roll and then play 100NL over the weekend with the fishes.

The chamonix trip is booked as well, leaving Tuesday in two weeks. Also took out 180$ because I'm slightly OCD, so BR as it stands now;

BR: 2,360
VPP: 4,430

Old 05-09-2013, 01:27 AM
Gold Horse - Verified
Silver Supernova Staker

Surfers Event Winner x2

Havent been able to play online the last month or so, barely. Been playing live in Malmö a couple of days though with good results. The field is very weak, lost a 3k$ pot against a 3-outer but still profiting which is nice. I'm up about 3k total I suspect. Going to go to Stockholm tomorrow and play there for 3 days and then focus online play when I get back! Stay tuned.

Old 05-24-2013, 02:43 AM
Gold Horse - Verified
Silver Supernova Staker

Surfers Event Winner x2

I haven't updated the roll for a long time, just before the chamonix trip I tanked down to 680$ doing silly stuff. Promised myself I would either use BRM and take it seriously or just never play again. I could have deposited but been grinding on and off now and am back up a bit solely on 25NL.

BR- 1290$

Forgot to post this, went up to 1500 at 25NL, I have a 11.7bb winrate over like 50k hands which is just absurd imo. Don't think anyone has higher tbh. Tried 50NL and got stomped, down to 900$ and now grinded up a bit again after another 3k hands.

BR - 1,000$.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:07 PM
Gold Horse - Verified
Silver Supernova Staker

Surfers Event Winner x2

So haven't updated this in close to 3 months now, but still a lot has happened! Was a pretty busy summer both with work and friends visiting but still managed to travel to both London and Budapest playing some poker. Made a nice profit there, and I have been working my way up online as well. I was stuck at 25 and 50NL 6-max zoom for quite some time without managing to crush it but ended up at 10+bb/100 win-rates on both after quite a bit of analysis of both mental and actual game.

Anyway, 100NL was ridiculously easy and I eventually moved up to 500NL, 6-max zoom just last week. Made a bit of money there and withdrew everything from stars the other day since I plan on going to Vegas for a couple of weeks fairly soon (more details some other time ).

So, what is happening right now? I left 1k$ online to practice playing MTTs. Lately I've had this itch to get better at these. I have been playing a lot of tournaments and satellites live here but I feel like I'm really bad, actually losing money at the moment (even though I adamantly insist that it is due to variance, mostly). More importantly I feel like everyone here is pretty bad, but they all think I'm pretty bad, so who is right?

I haven't played MTTs at all, it's my weakest game-format-thingy by far, which is a major part of the appeal. Anyway I've been thinking about actually hiring a poker coach for this, since it would make it a lot easier and faster (don't have that much time tbh) as I know practically zero MTT-theory. For now I purchased a subscription at deuces-cracked since that's what I remember as having the best reputation.

Next week there is a big poker series here, biggest poker thing of the year and I plan on playing all of the satellites as well as the tournaments, total buy-in is like 5-6k$ so I can't really afford being insecure theory-wise. That would be very bad money-management. Still, I feel I'm good enough live generally that it's +ev.
Would be super-nice to ship one for sure though

Old 08-27-2013, 11:10 PM
Gold Horse - Verified
Silver Supernova Staker

Surfers Event Winner x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzc32 View Post
Next week there is a big poker series here, biggest poker thing of the year and I plan on playing all of the satellites as well as the tournaments, total buy-in is like 5-6k$ so I can't really afford being insecure theory-wise. That would be very bad money-management. Still, I feel I'm good enough live generally that it's +ev.
Would be super-nice to ship one for sure though
So the live-series has started. I already managed to win one, 100$ re-buy for about 3k$, it's the smallest event but still felt extremely good as I felt like I played very well making 0 big mistakes and finished it off with a very nicely played HU. Today was a 1k$ though, I played so, so well. I was very content with my playstyle 6 hours in at the 1h dinner break, even got offers to buy a share of my action for both this and the remaining events from some good live-regs. Felt pretty good since I'm like a 15 year old girl self-confidence wise when it comes to MTTs I politely declined, even though this is not my strongest game format, Im still decently rolled at about 2-300k$, so I'm not too bothered if I don't cash any more events, and if I win I don't really want to split it

Anyway, I came back after the break feeling really bad, like I was going to throw up. Ate some shitty street-food that was totally not worth it, however this is no excuse for how I played. I busted quite quickly, with two big hands that I have posted in the strategy section here. I felt so bad about the TT hand (here; http://www.surferspoker.com/showthread.php?t=102198), mostly because I am too bad and have played too few spots like this to be confident in my decision of what to do.
The bust hand AQ (here; http://www.surferspoker.com/showthread.php?t=102199) didn't bother me as much although the more I think about it this might be even worse. Anyway I made that play based on history and a read more than the actual cards and I don't really regret that. Sure there were other factors, optimally I should have been more patient, but I wont make that mistake ever again. Never.

Finally, can't play tomorrows event, think its a 500$ turbo, since I have to work, but playing the 3,500$ main on thursday and a 1k$ knockout on friday if I bust out of the main. Wish me luck

Last edited by xzc32 : 08-27-2013 at 11:15 PM.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:45 AM
Gold Horse - Verified
Silver Supernova Staker

Surfers Event Winner x2

So, made it to day two of the 3k main event. Holy crap it was a struggle, played the best poker I've ever played in my life no doubt but everyone here is really really good. I played pretty poorly at the start, lost half my stack the first two hours, but didn't despair, made it too the break listened to some calm music and came back refreshed. What made it even more satisfying is that I was running like shit all day, losing half my stack again to a runner runner flush, leaving me at 9k (40k starting) fairly early. Instead of making the same mistake that I did in the 1k event earlier this week (which I swore never to do again) I just focused and played super super well for the next 2-3 hours. Managed to get my stack up to 65k pretty much without a showdown playing very actively, felt really comfortable with my table even though two of the players have won EPTs... Seems like everyone was a professional, a pretty tough field especially for someone who has been playing tournaments for just a week

Anyway, I feel super super proud about how I played for those 4-5 hours. Just spot on imo even though I was running horribly, against this field as well couldn't be happier. Of course I hit a couple of hands, but I was so active that it isn't really a big deal. Still made a couple of mistakes I realized on the way home, but these are mostly thin value kind of things, nothing major. Don't think I will post them since the HH analysis section doesn't seem so active here. So, sadly I lost a hand just before the end of day-1 against a shorter stack, got it in with 88 vs A10o. This put me on 30k-ish. Pretty much blinded down to 16k before the end of the day on a very active table. Everone else has around 100k but I'm not really desperate, still calm. I know my chances are not super-great but damn I am very happy with how I played today, really maintaining focus for 9 hours (not listening to music or anything else when playing). I still have time tomorrow, 500/1000 blinds so I'm at 16bb. Going to patiently try to find a good spot, should be able to double twice without any major problems since everyone at my table is so deep and so LAG, but there is a very good EPT-reg to my left that keeps abusing me.. of course I also need to hold. Ii didn't think he was that great, since I've played cash games with him before, but just googled and turns out he has like 3m$ in tournament winnings.

Old 11-05-2013, 04:37 PM
Gold Horse - Verified
Silver Supernova Staker

Surfers Event Winner x2

So again, haven't updated this in a while. To follow up on the last post, played very well the second day, got it in for a big stack around the FT bubble KK vs 77, but he turned his 2 outs. Played the same event again, this time 2k$ instead of 3k, but tougher field imo (the guy that won EPT-London was there for example) a couple of WPT winners and high-stakes cash players, so didn't feel too confident. Played I think ok, not too great first couple of hours, got it in with KT vs K8 on a T82 flop and he turned his 2-outs, again, so was a bit bummed, but as usual, had I played better I would have had more chips at that point etc.

Still, feeling pretty optimistic now, had a pretty busy schedule last 3 months. Traveling a lot, been up in Sweden for a tournament, the UK 2x actually, and the US for 3-weeks, as well as an autumn series here in Sweden that just wrapped up. Haven't been running too great in tournaments, but still making a profit I think, although not a big one. Since the Vegas tournaments were so soft. Believe I have around 80% win or HU-split rate there over quite a few, 15 or so tournaments (split one 3-way too). I have been pretty sloppy tracking my progress, and since all my expenses have gone through cash that I had on me, I didn't really know what my win-rate was and so on. Got this app on my phone now "Poker Manager" that I'm using to track progress. It's pretty good, I tried a good 4-5 apps and settled for this one in the end. Haven't tried the PC transfer function, would like some more graphs and such on my PC but can highly recommend this one if you are looking for a tracking app for your phone. Now, my cashgame hourly is pretty sick over the last months, 250$/hour over 220 hours is pretty strong imo but could be better.

Going to take a break from traveling now, a month or so, until EPT Prague. Don't know what I will be up to, but got some things, sidebets and such in the works

Old 01-20-2014, 08:59 PM
Gold Horse - Verified
Silver Supernova Staker

Surfers Event Winner x2

Helloes,
Big plans in the pipeline this year, working pretty hard atm. Been swinging like crazy this weekend at the pokers, 30 buy-ins under EV at on one point in cashgames which is just rigged. After an epic all-night grind managed to turn it around and back to even now. Going to play tonight and then take a break until friday, but will keep you updated.

If anyone is interested in full-time backing with coaching send me a PM, got a group going now.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:51 PM
Gold Horse - Verified
Silver Supernova Staker

Surfers Event Winner x2

Time to man up. Huge volume challenge for the rest of may coming up. Yes I'm writing this so I don't chicken out, it has been decided. Now I have to plan it out properly... but later. Stay tuned

Old 05-18-2014, 05:23 PM
Gold Horse - Verified
Silver Supernova Staker

Surfers Event Winner x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzc32 View Post
Time to man up. Huge volume challenge for the rest of may coming up. Yes I'm writing this so I don't chicken out, it has been decided. Now I have to plan it out properly... but later. Stay tuned
Alright, so a lot of tournaments coming up this summer. Planning on moving to London in september, so a lot of my roll is going to be commited to this. Still planning to play a ton of 1k€-ish events and cashgames, but going to be a lot more conservative with my roll and try to sell/swap percentages (which I don't usually do).

So, as a warm-up until then I'm going to play massive volume online since I have been quite inactive the past month or even two. Going to plan out a schedual starting tomorrow, until 27th of May, playing a good 12 hours per day.

Quote:
08.00 - Breakfast
08.30 - Start session
11.30 - Gym
12.45 - Food
13.00 - Session
16.00 - Walk the dog (yeah I got a dog, 7 months )
17.30 - Food
18.00 - Session
21.00 - Foodbreak / Continue session
24.00 - Sleep
Target is 10k hands 6-max zoom per day. Ending at 100k before I have to leave for the first tournament. Then I will be on the road playing 3-4 different events the closest month. Looking to make 10k$ and to feel pumped and confident for the live-circuit.

Next post I will try to outline where I will be travelling this summer, since I haven't really planned it out myself yet.

Good luck at the tables kids

Old 06-03-2014, 12:56 AM
Gold Horse - Verified
Silver Supernova Staker

Surfers Event Winner x2

So played a lot that week but was too tired to update, 18 hour days can do that to you. Been super busy the last few days to the point that I missed the first live tournament today. It was a 6-max as well which sucks since that's my specialty but I was just up until 5 in the morning and would have to get 2 hours of sleep in order to catch my flight. No point in playing a €1k event that exhausted, done that before and just wanted to die. The main-event is on Wednesday so I have tomorrow to sort out my stuff.

I've sold all my action for the summer now, except the main on Wednesday. I really don't want to give away any percentage since that's not really my style. Call it greed but when I see that the first price is $200k I feel bad giving away 10% of my action for 500$. I don't care about 500$, I do care about 200k, I know this is probably one for of "leak" in my "game" that I need to look at... but, with the move to London coming up I've had to give up or otherwise tie up more than $300k of my poker roll, which sucks cause I cannot comfortably play the stakes I'm used to by now, anymore. Shouldn't be a problem selling action since I have kept good records of stats and sessions etc, and I still have an avg. hourly of like $500 this year, but I don't really like that thought. Will see what happens over the summer. I would like to make at least 10-20k over the summer though at least + tournament buy-ins, so need to make up a plan for that once I return from Stockholm. That will be the next post. After celebrating my upcoming first 100k+ score, gl at the tables

Old 06-08-2014, 05:04 PM
Gold Horse - Verified
Silver Supernova Staker

Surfers Event Winner x2

Alright so, skipped the Swedish championship, just had a ton of stuff to do, and after missing the first 2 days and side events it wasn't really worth the trip anymore just for 1-2 days of play. Got plenty of live action planned for the summer so there isn't really a rush. Signed all the papers though so will be moving to London at the end of September

On a poker note, I set up a goal of making a minimum of $10k before the end of summer; and a more ambitious $100k target. To achieve this I aim to play 300k hands of 6-max zoom online every month. This is over 3 months, of which I will be gone a total of 10 days + 2 weeks for live play all over Europe. It will be very tough I think, but fairly doable with focused play 5-days a week and the live circuit as a bit of a break from online play I shouldn't get too burned out. I know it is quite an extreme goal, but I'd rather aim high and just miss it than go for an easy $10k goal and then be content. I know it is doable as I did 100k hands in 1 week, and I didn't really feel too strained from that.

More about my schedual and graphs tomorrow I guess as I start the first day of play. It is already a week into June and I have played pretty much 0 volume this month so plenty of catching up to do. Good luck everyone!

Old 06-10-2014, 05:16 PM
Gold Horse - Verified
Silver Supernova Staker

Surfers Event Winner x2

So I've been lazy, no surprise. It's my nature I guess, but the weather has been amazing, 24-26 degrees Celsius and I live by the sea. Got a jet-ski here, and a good friend of mine has a summer place close by with a sailboat and motorboat for water-skiing etc. Difficult to motivate sitting inside when it's this great outside.

Played like 1k hands at 25NL today, making a video for the people I coach, it wasn't boring to play or anything like that, there is just so much else I'd rather do. Decided to lower the target to 200,000k hands / month, since I will be in London checking out apartments 7-9th of July, and then playing live tournaments until 22-24th of July, so basically that entire month is gone with another 8-9 days in August.

Put progress bars as my wallpaper in an effort to help me focus and play more sessions instead of browsing the internet or playing computer games, see if it pays off, so this is how my desktop looks like atm.

http://www.surferspoker.com/attachme...d=140241652 2

Green is todays goal in number of hands. Yellow week, red is the month. Took me way too long to sort out but happy with it. See you out there
Attached Images
File Type: jpg upload.jpg (76.5 KB, 23 views)

Poker Forum | Poker Staking

Poker Site Reviews
Titan Poker Pokerstars William Hill Bodog Carbon Poker Ladbrokes Party PokerCake Poker