Surfers Poker, Poker Forum

Go Back   Surfers Poker - Poker Forum > Poker Blogs and Poker Entertainment > Poker Blogs
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2015, 10:15 AM
Surfers Event Winner
Gold Level Horse
Gold Level Staker

WSOSP Winner

Staker Points: 241.34
TPS: 77.185
Plays at : America's Cardroom
Game of choice : Hold'em
Fav. Online Player : I don't know anymore
Robofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of Poker
Send a message via Skype™ to Robofriven

Time played Sunday: 4:00
Total Weekly Time: 28:00

Alright the week is over and it's time to recap. So firstly the amount of time spent was awesome. And I put in as many hands as I did last week. But instead of losing $20 I won $1.50. Score.

That brings me to my second point of the day... Woohoo! Yeah, I had a good day, I ended up a bit over 5 BIs for today bringing me not only back to being able to play 4 tables, but back to a bit better than I was a week ago. The last few days have been quite nice, it feels good to get into all ins and actually win them sometimes. I actually had a 3 way all in with top two pair against bottom 2 and a flush draw which held for my biggest net win to date. (by almost $1)

I've been trying to work on grouping my hands into the categories that split suit suggests and it kinda works. I don't know if I'm gonna stick with it, but it's definitely nice for times I'm not sure what to do with a hand and whatnot.

Other than that I'm just sticking with my super simple approach and looking for +EV spots to do simple things. It's working so I'm gonna keep with it. I did drop out of it a little today where I overvalued my overpair a little and ran QQ into KK. I should have known better, it wasn't a cooler but more of an insistence. I also purposely got involved in a flip. Something I've been trying not to do but the guy had shoved 3 out of the last 5 hands and I felt that my KTs was quite likely good against him for 43bb. He had A6o and it held, oh well. I went into it knowing it was a coin flip and I lost, not the end of the world but still something I try to avoid in general.

Either way, good week and I plan to try and continue it with the same strategies I had before. I know today was a heater, hell the last couple days have been, but I'm okay with that because I needed it and who isn't okay with a heater?

America's Cardroom ID: Robofriven

Old 12-03-2015, 09:02 AM
Surfers Event Winner
Gold Level Horse
Gold Level Staker

WSOSP Winner

Robofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of Poker

Time played Monday: 5:15
Time played Tuesday: 3:00
Time played Wednesday: 5:30
Total Time so far: 13:45

Alright, well I've been good about time played, not so good about updating the blog lately. But this is going to fix that... because I'm updating it. Yeah, not real amazing I know, but deal with it.

As far as playing goes it's been going alright, other than the other day when I lost $8 playing one session, but I figured out what happened. I'm a pay off wizard, that's just how it is. But I need to stop it and that's important too. It's not just that I pay people off when they get a hand, it's that I'm insistent on paying them off. (You'll see why later if you keep reading). But mostly I get annoyed at the fact that it's obvious that they beat me which then means I need to shove or something to ... give them my stack.

I was able to stop that mostly today except for one time, which leads me to a new section I'm going to have on my blog.. just hopefully not that often.

THE WALL OF SHAME

That's right! It's time to drink from the fire hose! Wait, that's not right. But kudos to you if you know what that's a reference from. But in this section I am going to put up the hands where I am just a stupid jackwagon. That way before I do something I can ask myself "Would I really want to put this on my blog?" and if I say "yes" then I know it's okay, but if I'd be ashamed to put it up here then I know it's wrong and I can not do it.

BUT if I do the stupid thing anyway I have to put the hand up here. So I submit for your laughs, the wall of shame hand for today, a great example of my POW-ness.

So in this hand it's BvB and I raise, get 3 bet and then call. I am not entirely sure I like the call here, but it was something I felt like doing. After I get min-raised on the turn I can't think of what he would min-raise with (I need to take the "min" out of that since most of the time crappy players just click it back and the size really shouldn't matter other than for pot odds.) leaving so little behind. So I get confused/annoyed and decide to shove, right as I hit the "raise" button I think "unless he has a set" and then kick myself for being dumb and not just folding like I should have.

WPN, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $2.38 (119 bb)
BB: $1.55 (77.5 bb)
MP: $2.03 (101.5 bb)
CO: $3.24 (162 bb)
BTN: $8.74 (437 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K Q
3 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BB raises to $0.32, Hero calls $0.24

Flop: ($0.64) 9 A J (2 players)
Hero checks, BB checks

Turn: ($0.64) 3 (2 players)
Hero bets $0.40, BB raises to $0.80, Hero raises to $2.06 and is all-in, BB calls $0.43 and is all-in

River: ($3.10) 8 (2 players, 2 are all-in)

Results: $3.10 pot ($0.15 rake)
Final Board: 9 A J 3 8
Hero showed K Q and lost (-$1.55 net)
BB showed A A and won $2.95 ($1.40 net)

Old 12-03-2015, 11:41 AM
Surfers Event Winner
Gold Level Horse
Gold Level Staker

WSOSP Winner

Extra Time Wed: 2:20
Total Time: 16:05

Went back and played a little more. Started out great, turned really bad, then it turned back around and I ended up about half a buyin. Not bad for 3am and tired!

Old 12-05-2015, 09:40 AM
Surfers Event Winner
Gold Level Horse
Gold Level Staker

WSOSP Winner

Time Played Thur: 5:00
Time Played Fri: 1:30
Weekly Time so far: 22:30

Alright, well it's not even the weekend yet and I have hit my time goal for the week! Yay!!! Also on another note, even though it's results oriented (sometimes I don't care, deal with it ) for the first time in a LONG time, my bankroll is actually back to where it started! Which means I've lost 10BIs worth of bonuses and rakeback, but I'm still a lot more comfortable with my bankroll going up rather than the other way.

Now for actual real info, you know the stuff relating to playing, not results.

Thursday: Thursday was a day of a lot of freakin' poker... Other than that I've just been focusing on keeping with my wall of shame idea and staying with solid ABC style poker. I'm playing insanely exploitable, but that's the plan for now and the people I'm playing with aren't capable of exploiting me for the most part. But so far it's working quite well. Also on Thursday I did a good job reading opponents, there are a couple opponents I got very good reads on and managed to pull quite a bit of money from them because of it. One in particular likes to way over bet and raise to try and bully people out of pots because most people are afraid to play big pots, but he was raising EVERY hand that he wasn't in the blinds, so I adjusted against him, first by 3 betting him a little lighter than I would someone normally raising that much (open raising to 6x is a bit excessive and often strong) and he was folding, then after a while he noticed what I was doing and started flatting my raise and he'd donk bet into me (for a small pot relative to pot) if he had nothing, so I would raise it and he'd fold. Then he realized I was doing that and he'd just shove with anything over the top of my raise. After he did that twice I called him and took his stack. So he adjusted to that and started 4 bet shoving over the top of me, after he did that a couple times I called him and took another stack of his, then he left the table. There were a couple of other people that I played against that I got really good reads on and managed to use those to pull some more money out of them. Overall I'd say that my post flop play has gotten a crap ton better, which is good, cause it wasn't that great before. Mostly because it didn't really have to be since the most important part of the games I was playing before were the push/fold sections.

Friday: Really not a lot to report on Friday, I played a little, focused on not doing anything stupid. I made one bluff that I wanted to try out against a specific opponent and it didn't work and I gave up on that and went straight back to my ABC style that I've been working on. Some good luck and some bad players later and I managed bring in a little over 250BBs. 200 of that in only 98 hands. I WAS up 250BBs in that session, but a hand went kinda bad and I lost a chunk of it and I did something I almost never do. I stopped playing to preserve my winnings. I don't believe that is a good thing to do, mostly because of the fact that poker is essentially one very long session with some real life time in between them, but this brought me up over my starting bankroll and I really didn't feel like playing much anymore anyway so I figured it's best to not play and just be happy. Which I am.

Old 12-06-2015, 11:24 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Gold Level Horse
Gold Level Staker

WSOSP Winner

Time Played Sat: 3:30
Weekly Time So far: 26:00

Alright, so I've been rocking it time wise, though Saturday was a bit rough bankroll wise. I almost hit my new stop loss of 3 buyins in my first session then got back about a dollar and quit. (In half an hour) Then I came back and won a couple bucks later, and finally went back for another longer session and lost what I'd won the time before. I wasn't playing bad I don't think it was just I was getting dealt good preflop hands, having to raise with them and then missing the flop, over and over and over and over and I think you get the idea.

Other than that not really much to say. It was a pretty blah day overall, not just poker wise. Didn't wake up till almost 2pm, played some poker went to sleep that's about it. I did play in a few $2 sattelites, no luck in those either. They were free though because of a promotion that ACR was having giving you 2 tourney bucks a day to play in them. I have one more buyin left, but I'm not sure that it's running anymore, I thought I spent them all.

Old 12-11-2015, 08:41 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Gold Level Horse
Gold Level Staker

WSOSP Winner

Time Played Sunday: 2:30
Total Weekly Time: 28:30

Alright, so my weekly time for last week was badass.. this week not so much, because I haven't played at all. I'm taking a little bit of time off, partly because we just got a new puppy and have been doing a lot to get that all squared away (it was a Christmas present for my wife) and partly because I've been exhausted because of issues with said puppy and our cat, and partly because I just haven't felt like playing. Lately playing poker has been stressful for me because of money concerns away from poker, but it has made it so I haven't wanted to do anything money related since it just reminds me of how broke I am presently. Will update again when I start playing more.

Old 01-05-2016, 08:43 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Gold Level Horse
Gold Level Staker

WSOSP Winner

A couple days of bad luck, and some admittedly questionable decisions as to game selection (I played a bit of Omaha way under rolled for it) and I have managed to go bust.

I'm not done playing poker, but now I'm thinking about what my next steps are, I'm considering the idea of starting a BAS for SNGs and tourneys. I know those games alright, I'm sure I'm a bit rusty but playing around with them a bit before busting I definitely think they are quite beatable. I am debating throwing some jackpot games (spin and go) type things into them as well, but I'm not sure if my short handed play is good enough to really be that profitable there.

Also I've been considering looking for a backer to play cash games, possibly with some coaching thrown in would be ideal as I'm sure there are still more leaks in my game than a colander.

And lastly of course I'm thinking about just putting some money in somewhere. Thinking possibly Bovada, not a huge fan of the anonymous nature of it, but they have their own system of rush poker which I think could be pretty beatable I'm sure.

Old 01-10-2016, 12:07 AM
Surfers Event Winner
Gold Level Horse
Gold Level Staker

WSOSP Winner

Nothing to report as of late. I am still broker than can be imagined. Right now I am just over 1 month with absolutely no money coming in. I'm working on getting my unemployment started but they wouldn't send me anything until after a phone interview, then during the interview they said they won't send anything until they corroborate with my old employer what I said, then I wondered why they just didn't do that to begin with since apparently they weren't going to believe me anyway.

Anyway, long rant short, no money in poker account, no money in real life to deposit in poker account means no poker for me. I'm still thinking about starting a BAS for playing, but it would meant hat I would have to deposit the money and then get paid back probably over pay pal. overall I'm kinda thinking that if I'm going/able to do that I might as well just play with my own money then I won't have to worry about letting investors down if I go bust again. Still thinking about it but not entirely sure how I feel, other than annoyed at the US for not letting us play on Pokerstars, what with the whole "land of the free" thing we're supposed to be I feel awfully over protected from myself.

Oh and if you can't tell I'm kinda grumpy at the whole situation right now.

Poker Forum | Poker Staking

Poker Site Reviews
Titan Poker Pokerstars William Hill Bodog Carbon Poker Ladbrokes Party PokerCake Poker