Surfers Poker, Poker Forum

Go Back   Surfers Poker - Poker Forum > Poker Blogs and Poker Entertainment > Poker Blogs
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 01:15 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Horse - Verified
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Staker Points: 3732.6
TPS: 1641.68
Plays at : stars
Game of choice : NLHE
Fav. Online Player : KevinThorn
Fav. Pro : PB-SP-SC
kevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via MSN to kevinthorn

So i've decided daily updates on my cash game seshes written out like a text from a 13 year old girl are kinda boring and a waste of a blog. So instead i'm going to aim for once a week updates, after my Sunday seshes and try to ensure they're more well written, and interesting. Dont hold me to any of that.

But as im here atm i guess i can fill you in on todays session. Was a good one, lasted 446 minutes (7+hours) so my longest one so far this year and games were good.

Theres fish to be found it just takes work to get on the table with them. Just joining the wait lists for the highest %players to flop/avg pot isnt good enough, nor is hopping into any old 5 handed game. I color code fish and regs who i think are so exploitable they're worth sitting and then i scan the lobby (manually) for those colors.

Every time there's a slight break in the action i go to each of my 9-10 tables one by one and ask myself why im playing at this table, if its a regfest, or the guy with 72bbs who i thought was a fish is playing 3/2 im gonna hit that sit out next bb button and go back to searching the lobby or starting a new table (another great way to find fish if you dont mind playing a lil hu vs a reg) Tho at ~ 11:30pm my time all the regs seem to dissapear and for about an hour before the nightowl regs wake up the games get insane, was at a table with 4 fish today, was super awesome.

I also feel that every day since i've started grinding i've made massive improvements to my game, learnt and applied several different concepts, plugged many leaks, adjusted my default lines etc. Today there were several spots where i took a line that saved me spewing off a third barrel/got me an extra street of value that even yesterday i wouldnt have thought of.

I'd liken it to when you start working out for the first time, or after a long break and you start off with massive gains the first few weeks. Obviously its going to slow down, but its a nice feeling while it lasts and it does wonder for my confidence bank (im saving it up for the incoming downswing obv)

I should also mention todays sesh was a big winning one, finished +$828, didnt run too god like, it wasnt all AA vs KK etc it was just terrible players handing me money. But having youre QQ hold vs K7 is a kind of run good I guess. Tho profit line is nicely above the EV line tho so obv im just a rungood fish

Planning to play 200nl on Sundays for now to give it a go, played one table of it for a bit today cus i saw one of my 100nl fish sitting there, like i say the player pool isnt a ton different but I want to make sure im mentally ready to play there before i move up fulltime. Jeez i ranted like a bitch in this entry, sorry tl;dr obv i'll leave it there for now sry, bankroll/vpp updates below (cashed in my first $50 stellar today, next ones not til 10kvppp )

Bankroll: $21,170.31 Vpp's: 6243

Old 01-07-2013, 02:16 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

kevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

Just finished my Sunday sesh, so this is the time for my weekly update post, as i updated like a day ago and we're just getting this new setup underway i'll keep it short and sweet.

Todays plan was to play 200nl, ended up mixing in 100nl all day which honestly was probably better and long term will allow for a smoother transition for me between stakes (think i will run a table or two of 200nl in all of my seshes). The reason I did it today was cus 200nl sucks, all the good tables have like 17 reg long waitlists, only tables that dont are unplayable (3 fullstacks regs 2 shortstack regs and an empty seat) But did manage to eventually get on some good tables, i also have a theory about 200nl having more fish than 100nl cus they are used to playing 1/2 live.

Made a point of making todays sesh the longest of the year and it was, lasted exactly 500minutes (8hours 20 minutes) played 6396hands and made a grand total of.... $58.05 i'm actually thrilled about that, cus it felt like i was down a ton tho its kinda hard to gauge over such long seshes (I dont check my results mid sesh for sanity reasons). Do end the day down because i played 2 mtts ($162 6max and $44 turbo), just to keep me seated, and obv all the sexy value. As it turns out I didnt get bored and kept grinding long after the mtts had gone anyway but meh, wanna practice having an mtt table in the background for TCOOP/mini FTOPS.

Ugh so much for my short entry, have more stuff to write but i'll just give you cliffs of it

#Took day off yesterday, didnt get back home til late after going out and was in no state to play.

# Not gonna be too many hands played tomorrow as i have a ton of stuff to do, wanna get at least 4 hours in tho

# Already over platinum star and big grinds coming up later in the week!

#graph of todays session

Bankroll: $21,021.36 Vpp's: 8568

Last edited by kevinthorn : 01-07-2013 at 02:26 AM.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:33 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

I know, i know i promised once a week updates but a few people told me they'd rather i did the daily stuff so I figured id meet everyone in the middle and give random updates during the week and then summaries each week w/ graphs etc on Sunday. Of course the story about people asking me to post more is obviously a lie, i just missed keeping a daily diary -_-

Dear diary, Since Sunday I played a small 2.2k hand session on the Monday, had to cut it short anyway because i was going on a date (more on that later) but I noticed i was getting lazy with switching out tables and was definately on my B game towards the end so manned up and cut it short despite wanting to play more. Still made $291 and happy i put not playing when out of form over volume/vpps.

So I went out on this date - my friend whose a rl equivelant of a troll decided to set me up on a blind date with one of his friends. Now I was very sceptical for obvious reasons but thought fck it #yoloswag. Turned up expecting some 400lbs beast or a ladyboy but instead i found out that I wasnt being trolled, but, was infact the troll.

He'd set me up with this insanely (and i mean insanely) hot woman ~ 26, had the poshest british accent i've ever heard and was apparently very high up in a PR company (god only knows what he'd told her about me to get her to show). My original poor mans date wasnt going to cut it so I ended up taking her to a decently upmarket bar. She was actually really interesting/funny and bless her heart she stayed out all afternoon til around 10:00pm and we had fun. Obv didnt even get to first base. There was just no way I was shipping such high quality merchandise but it could have been an awkward nightmare and instead turned out to be good fun. Wont see her again i reckon partly cus i doubt she'd agree and partly because itd make me emo hanging out with some amazingly hot girl i cant ship.

So needing a pick me up went to see hooker girl (from bluerian post) as she'll be known from here on out in this blog, tapped it daily nightly and ever so rightly (whilst picturing hot girl from the afternoon obv) and ended up staying until like 9pm tuesday, she also bought me a 980 laptop I didn't really need but kinda wanted for no apparent reason so i'd say a +EV day. By the time i got home i was fairly tired and not up for seshing so I made some food and hit the sack ready to catch up on volume today.

Today managed to get in some decent volume (7 hour session) but the results were poor. Ran so bad all day, like 2 and 3 outers for stacks 24/7, people at the top of thier ranges at the perfect time etc etc. The fact i managed to play 7 hours of that crap is huge for me tho, because its much easier putting in 8 hours a day when you're god moding every hand but when nothings going right is a different story. Staying positive, grinding and on your A game when youre running like a white guy is key to making it as a pro player and we managed it today (no idea if its sustainable but its a good start). Finished -$502 on the day coulda been worse i reckon. Also tried 4 tabling some 100nl zoom for 2 minutes just to see how i liked it... hated it, never again lulz.

Tomorrow gonna sesh a bit in the afternoon but catching up with an old friend in the evening so might not be another 8 hour one. We'll see hes pretty flaky so might be in for the long haul.

Even with a few days off we're over 1/10th of the way to supernova which i wanna hit asap to maximise my $ per vpp. Cleared and cashed another $50 stellar so

Bankroll: $20,785.73 Vpp's: 10906

Last edited by kevinthorn : 01-10-2013 at 12:40 AM.

Old 01-14-2013, 05:31 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Alright time for the Sunday post. Been up for a long assed time atm so it might not be top notch hehe. So this week struggled with balancing life and poker. I can do both but they dont merge well. Basically I do all my workout stuff/eat 5 healthy scheduled meals a day and grind for 8 hours some days and then I go out w/ mates like i did the night after the last post, eat a bunch of shit, drink a bitch ton and spend the next 3 days partying without any workout or seshing. Something to work on i guess.

So today got back home from afore mentioned partying and was feeling fairly rank, had puffy eyes, headace, sore throat and stuffy nose. Felt like shit but I really wanted to get some volume in having slacked off for the week. Decided to take 2x aspirin and play for an hour see how things felt. I would of stopped had i felt like my condition was affecting my play but I felt better and focussed so decided to sesh on and even entered the sunday $162 6max again to keep me focussed/playing. Ended up playing an 8 hour cash sesh and a combination of rungood and playgood meant after 6221 hands I finished +$1006.75.

I also FT'd the $162 mtt lulz and finished 3rd for $14,000 (suck it bear frog) ran bad to lose but id run sexy as balls to get there obv so no bad feels. One thing I did notice is mtt players are awful, and it made me realise how awful/lazy/bad I was when i was playing mtts. It feels like im playing a different game from most of the people in that mtt including my old self, not just saying that cus i rangood and got deep. I'm referencing small hands and a general feel i got for various players as the mtt ran. The bankroll boost is nice but nothings really going to change, gonna withdraw the excess to my hookers and blow fund and then keep grinding 100nl whilst mixing in good 200nl tables where i can find them. Obv I FT the mtt one day before survivor starts so thats a kick in teh proverbial nuts.

SS of cash game stats for 2013 and i'll see you yuppy, puppies tomorrow for a sesh. Unsure of length depends if i feel like shit or not.

For now tho

Bankroll: $35,924.98 Vpp's: 13055

Old 01-17-2013, 06:18 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Ok advanced warning this entry is gonna be hella long, might even split it into two parts. Just randomly have a lot of things i wanna bang on about so we're gonna talk about some stuff, then go over a basic hh (to see how hh discussion in blogs workout), then talk about the day and finally summarise BR etc. Some pics thrown in too.

Ok first thing I want to talk about is something that might not interest you but that i find fun to think about/investigate and thats the poker career of a fish. Now i have many many fish marked from my cash game grinding (i mark them green) but for my special fish (72vpip/50pfr full stackers etc) I mark them red and add them too my search player function. So at the begginning of every sesh before i fire up tables i search them all to try and get seated w/ them

Whats interesting to me is how erractic thier poker habits are, these are people who've been fullstacking $100nl or 200nl and playing like maniacs, and yet they will also quite happily chill out playing 20fpp freerolls. this is a screenshot of what several "whales" were doing earlier today... names ommitted for privacy obv (again all 100-200nl fullstacking maniacs). Second screenshot is of the biggest fish ive met so far, he was open jamming constantly for an hour, playing some nutso poker but at the same time i was watching his $15 180 table (sick scouting obv) and he was playing hella nitty even tho he was shoving $500 stacks at the 100nl table... I wont ramble on about this too much more cus its prob not as interesting following the habits of these people for you as it is for me but wanted to at least mention it.

So next lets talk about HH's, have a simple one I wanted to talk about just to see if anyone likes the idea of me talking about hh's here. Could post some in the forum too but idk if you guys wanna talk about 100/200nl cash hands when you all play donkaments and snore and go's.

But lets try the format of it anyway so heres hand #1,

Poker Stars $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players -
SB: $101.92
BB: $110.50
UTG: $100.00
MP: $100.00
Hero (CO): $131.91
BTN: $100.00

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is CO with Qd Qs
2 folds, Hero raises to $3, BTN calls $3, 1 fold, BB raises to $9, Hero raises to $19, BTN calls $16, BB calls $10

Flop: ($57.50) 9s Jh Js (3 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $18, BB raises to $36, Hero folds, BTN raises to $81 all in, BB calls $45

Turn: ($219.50) Ac (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($219.50) Ah (2 players - 1 is all in)

reads here are BTN is an ok reg, not great or anything prob slightly on the tighter side for 6m, sees me as agg/knows i am a reg and am at least aware of reggy concepts not sure if they think im good. BB squeezer is an unknown, over 25 hands he's like 44/33 (vpip/pfr) but his sizings/behaviours indicate to me hes more likely a reg whos excited/had good hands than a maniac fish.

So preflop starts off fairly std I open QQ, reg flats in position (wide range at this point) seemingly lag guy squeezes and we're ready to rumble/get it in here. Thats when things change, btn flats my 4b... didnt even think too much either pretty much did it in 1.5seconds. Then lag guy flats, but lag guys not even on my radar atm, the btns flat is just sending off all kinds of alarm bells here, he has the same agg #s on bb as me and at this point im pretty sure he's laying a trap preflop trying to induce the squeeze.

If he would of shoved over my 4b id range him AK+ TT+ maybe AQs at a push (we block that pretty hard anyway) but when he flats I think we can tighten that to probably QQ+ so when this (or any) flop hits im just snap check/folding and i dont think its close. I'm pretty sure cbetting even if bb had folded is lighting money on fire, infact id go as far as to say id probably check/fold a QKA board. Not the most advanced concept ever but i wanna start off simple and obv the mtt player in me never wants to give people such ranges but I think its correct here if people care about results he had KK and BB had 99. Feel free to tell me otherwise, not saying im right only telling you how I think about certain situations, another reason idk if i like hh's in blogs cus its hard to interact/discuss

Ok next up, sesh summaries, played for like an hour on monday but was sicker than sunday, couldnt rly think straight and packed it in to rest up but not before dropping like $260. Tuesday was super busy so didnt play either, sigh @ lack of volume so far haha. But today I was ready to get seshing, felt a bit rough still but nothing i couldnt handle.

Started playing early and it went fairly poorly after about an hour was down a couple of buyins and then I had a lightbulb moment, something was wrong here.. I had music playing, I had just made some redic light calldown for a stack with no justifaction other than "meh, maybe he has a gutshot here" so snap unregged, went over the sesh with a fine tooth comb and once I was sure I was ready to focus and play properly I jumped back in aaaand

it was awful ran so bad lol, people were just raping me. But i had the music off and was more than happy with my play, sesh was down like $840 at its worst but wasnt phased/tilted just kept at it and as the night went on, the tables got better and the runbad faded a bit we actually finished the sesh +$960 (roller coaster sesh foshure). I also entered a couple of mtts for survivor, scrubbed out of a 55turbo 6max and $11 hu hyper but actually won the $5 hu hyper for $527 rofl (suck it bear frog). I will say that although im fairly confident im a winner at 100nl my winrate atm since i started cash again (4.79bb/100) over 80k hands is not a true indication, given that im still learning the game and do make mistakes.. upswings are always nice tho hehe.

Cashed out down to $25k yesterday and also bought another $50 stellar reward so

Bankroll: $26,412.35 Vpp's: 15339

Graph of todays rollercoaster sesh and a summary of our cash game journey so far in 2013. Jesus christ sorry for the tl;dr im not even high idk why im rambling. Cya tomorrow for hopefully a much shorter update lol

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013summarylon.jpg (21.7 KB, 304 views)

Old 01-18-2013, 06:05 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Hi, sorry again about that massive update yesterday.. drank my first can of monster energy in like a year last night think it made me hyper. Today i bought a couple more energy drinks, they're very habit forming, drank one towards the end of this session but gonna tip the rest away. I dont find them to really do too much long term they're ok for eeking a couple more hours out of the end of a cash game sesh but I just cba w/ them. I think the negatives far outweigh the positives and you soon end up feeling kinda tired all the time and then you drink them and they take you back to where you used to be without drinking any lol Been there done that etc.

So todays session was pretty bad just ran awful. I'm sure I didnt play perfect either, havent reviewed the session yet but couldnt do anything right. It's ok though, cant have +$1k days without -$2k days amirite. Lets see if this is a longer term downswing. Finished todays cash games -$842.

Also TCOOPS started (yay) played the $27 6max this morning (well evening but id just woken up) and busted within 5 minutes. Was gonna play the $265 but honestly playing $265 turbo mtts isnt really where i want to be so just going to stick to $100's and below #lifenit. Mincashed the $50 for like $106 so we're up on mtts for the day.

Tomorrow im going out in the evening and recently i've been waking up in the evening so... idk if im gonna get any/many hands in but we'll see. For now tho
Bankroll: $25,647. Vpp's: 16790

Old 01-19-2013, 04:24 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Just got finished with todays session, well i might play some more later but I doubt it. Not the longest sesh, been free all day but ended up watching a couple of movies/lost track of time. Was happy to grind out the hours later but im starting to feel a bit tired so im gonna call it for now. Did get just under 5 hours in which isn't horrible or anything.

Played with a higher mix of 200nl than usual, generally i have 7-8 100nl tables and 1-2 200nl tables but today it was like 5 200nl tables + 4-5 100nl. I planned to do this yesterday but forgot about it, then today it just happened by accident, I was scanning the lobby (manually) looking for fish and they happened to be hanging out at the 200nl tables, even the 100nl fish had moved up. Maybe its payday at the aquarium. No complaints from me though.

The regs at 200nl are definately tougher on avg, some are still bad but on the whole its tougher. Thats not a bad thing, makes for some fun/interesting spots and forces me to challenge myself instead of becoming that robot grinder autopiloting 100nl all day erry day.

Bunch of interesting hands occured this sesh, not gonna talk about them here and make another 20page post but i'll post them up later if i remember. Did fold KK pre too for the first time since the wheel. Hand for reference (notice the 76 play #gamesaredead)

Pokerstars Hand #92594286477: Hold'em No Limit ($0.50/$1.00 USD) - 2013/01/18 23:13:13 ET
Table 'Lepus IV' 6-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: elfriky ($137.86 in chips)
Seat 2: KevinThorn ($147.83 in chips)
Seat 3: Mr. NTD ($121.90 in chips)
Seat 4: kalmyk ($100 in chips)
Seat 6: ShawnShen ($102.50 in chips)
ShawnShen: posts small blind $0.50
elfriky: posts big blind $1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to KevinThorn [Kh Ks]
KevinThorn: raises $2 to $3
Mr. NTD: raises $6 to $9
kalmyk: folds
ShawnShen: calls $8.50
elfriky: raises $11.50 to $20.50
KevinThorn: raises $18.50 to $39
Mr. NTD: raises $82.90 to $121.90 and is all-in
ShawnShen: calls $93.50 and is all-in
elfriky: folds
KevinThorn: folds
Uncalled bet ($19.40) returned to Mr. NTD
*** FLOP *** [6h 3h 8c]
*** TURN *** [6h 3h 8c] [7h]
*** RIVER *** [6h 3h 8c 7h] [9c]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
ShawnShen: shows [7c 6d] (two pair, Sevens and Sixes)
Mr. NTD: shows [Ac Ad] (a pair of Aces)
ShawnShen collected $261.70 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $264.50 | Rake $2.80
Board [6h 3h 8c 7h 9c]
Seat 1: elfriky (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 2: KevinThorn folded before Flop
Seat 3: Mr. NTD showed [Ac Ad] and lost with a pair of Aces
Seat 4: kalmyk (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Ended the sesh + $498 which is cool cucumbers, didnt mange to play any TCOOPs today, slept through the first onces and the late ones sucked. Closing in on that 20kvpp too which is 1/5 to supernova (and a $50 stellar unlock) should hit it next sesh, which will prolly be tomorrow unless something comes up. For now tho

Bankroll: $26,146.26 Vpp's: 18301

Old 01-21-2013, 03:17 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Hi guys and girls, weekends been a bit up and down. Saturday was decent, but didnt get in a ton of hands. My session started by entering the $109 HU TCOOP and so wanting to focus i only had 6 cash games tables running while i was playing the rounds (upped it to 9 between rounds) finished down ~ $220 at the cash tables, but did well in the TCOOP (obv as im a hu beast) took a couple of beats FTW in the top 32 match but thats ok, finished like 43rd for $832. Also cashed the TCOOP $33 speedway for about $100 so finished the day up because turbo mtts are all skill and super easy. I stopped seshing after I busted the TCOOP, I wasnt tilted but I was a little dissapointed and had the match on my mind so better safe than sorry.

Today seshed for about 5 hours, was happy to continue but running about as bad as possible. You know one of those seshes where no matter what you do you lose. Again I dont FEEL tilted but I did tell a reg he was terrible (which he is) and thats just not who I am these days so even tho im fairly certain im playing fine atm and not affected i'm gonna pull myself outta the game to be safe. So we finish today -$1100 but thats ok. I'm definately due a nice long downswing, everything has been going right for me this month, so you wont hear any complaints for me (discalimer: may hear complaints from me )

Did hit that 20kvpp mark and cashed in the $50 reward. 1/5 of the way to supernova but im behind the pace i'd set myself so i need to up the volume. Want to hit supernova asap as right now im on like 24% rakeback which is pretty much the nut low. Anyway for now

Bankroll: $25,469.81 Vpp's: 20431

Old 01-27-2013, 09:09 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Short one for now as its 10am and i havent been to bed yet so since last update just havent played any poker. Spent a few days with hooker girl, idk what her deal is or what my deal with her is. Shes older, not very attractive and kinda boring (trust me to end up dating the only hooker in london whos super anti drugs and barely drinks) but having her pay for everything, do everything and basically treat me far better than anyone else (including myself) does is somewhat addictive. Gotta snap out of it soon though before she gets long term commitment ideas, I mean i feel kinda bad using her (j/k obv) but i told her from the get go what my deal is, pretty sure she thinks treating me like a king is gonna change my mind but jokes gonna be on her when she wakes up one day and i've moved to the Bahamas.

Tried to get back into my routines today, did a workout but fell short on a couple of easy sets due to laziness more than muscle failure and put in a couple of hours @ the tables. Was a laid back, ease myself in sesh, had music going and whilst I was playing ok I definately wasnt in my A-game zone so called it quits after a short while. Finished +$270 or something mainly due to flopping sets and rivering quads for stacks.

We'll see what the next few days hold, wanna play and stuff, wanna get my hours fixed so i wake up in the morning etc etc but who knows what i'll end up doing :/

lol short update eh, sorry as always for the rambles.

Bankroll: $25,715.51 Vpp's: 21126

Old 01-28-2013, 05:38 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Whew just got done with a late night Sunday session, woke up 7pm (sigh @ my life) and managed to put in 7hours. But unlike my other longish session which are like 3 hours, break for an hour 3-4hours. This was a 7hour nonstop sitdown.

Was good fun, definately feel like im playing well, obv tons of room for improvement but I dont feel like a fish, even at 200nl... tho i guess even the fish will feel like that... ignorance is bliss etc etc.

Despite being fun the sesh wasnt great results wise, ran sooooo bad, lost a few very painful stacks but its all good after the mammoth 7hour session we finished UP $15.29, played a few mtts and finished down in them overall despite ft bubbling a $5 hyper mtt so days prob slightly in the red nut who cares, its not a sprint its a marathong. Close to 100k hands at 100nl in my database, should bink it next sesh. Still a very small sample but will be interesting to look over those #s when i hit it.

Bankroll: $25,635.84 Vpp's: 23034

Old 02-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Hi guys, quick update. Havent been playing any poker last week or so. Been on one of my life binges, where I go out with mates and dont really think about playing poker or living healthy. I'm not demotivated or anything, find myself wanting to sesh even but theres always someone wanting to do something and it always sounds slightly more appealing than seshing. Think im done w/ rl for now tho, still in a bit of a state from days gone by but hoping to get back on the poker wagon tomorrow. Hope youre all ok <3

Old 02-06-2013, 06:14 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Ok, a poker update. Played my 1st session of Feb today (on the 6th sighhhhhhh) wanted to put a big one in to try and make up for lost volume. Was decently long for a comeback sesh (7 hours) was hoping to squeeze out a couple more but feeling kinda tired and definately not going to auto pilot that shit. Was a decent sesh, didnt feel too rusty, I wasnt 100% in the zone, was still a lil tired from the week gone by and it was hard to focus towards the end (aka opened up the internet when no hands were going on etc etc) but definately not to the pont where i felt my game was suffering or anything I just have harsh expectations from myself.

Finished +$565 plus played a couple of mtts, think i broke even there or made like $12 or sth so yay again. Definately behind where I want to be vpp wise so going to be playing catchup this month. Hopefully I can get my head straight and stop slacking but idk i have it in me to flipflipflipflip off and not play for another 2 weeks -_-

Also passed 25kvpp and another $50 steller reward cashed in so for now
Bankroll: $26,357.26 Vpp's: 25693

Clocked my first 100khands at 100nl since returning to cash games ~december 2012 so lets take a look at the graph/#s shall we.

It was a profitable first 100khands, after 104k we're up 2,4k before rakeback, tho i doubt its a ton more afterwards given we're on the losers platinumstar program -_-. Running above EV which is always nice, tho not looking forward to that line catching up with me hehe. No idea of my actual winrate, kinda hard to gauge. I'd definately say i can beat the game but for how much /shrug idk. Lets check back after another 100k and see what the #'s are saying.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:20 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Hi guys (and girl) some more updates on K-DIZZLE, yesterday got in a poor amount of volume, maybe 3 hours total. Had some rl stuff to do, legit stuff this time not just an excuse to be flaky/flakey? idk w/e you know what i mean. Still made like $230 so its ok. Today started off with a 90 minute 100nl session, wasnt great.. not horrible or anything just a lack of hands spots tbh, the ones i did get went against me so was down like $186. Took a small break for lunch and made a decision. To move up to 200nl and drop 100nl completely for a bit. Is my game where it needs to be to beat 200nl? idk if i had to guess i'd say no. But im willing to be the worst reg at some tables (there will still be fish there cus table selection is still a big part of my game) because I want to challenge myself.

There are some ok regs at 100nl obv, not saying im the best there either because im not even close still learning erry day. But most of them are mass tablers, or just boring abc bots. I dont think in the 70k or so hands ive played there this year i've seen anyone take a bet/bet/overbet line (except me lulz) . Rarely do I get put in super tough spots and I feel like my progress is slowing down (maybe the brick wall i mentioned in one of my older entries).

So for a week or so at least, i'm going to only play 200nl, should be fun. Already been put in a ton more spots, games play differently, regs are tougher on average and its fun for me. Have enough $ that this isnt going to bankrupt me and im willing to lose a few buyins to learn and improve. Just finished my first exclusive 200nl sesh (well still at one tables cus theres a fish 230bb deep playing 76/43 and i cant bear to leave) and i've finished up around $200 (was $450 but just lsot a huge pot to affore mentioned fish as i was writing this lol) so about even on the day. The nice vpp injection from playing only 200nl should help us get back on the supernova hunt too. Could still win or lose $100's to this guy but for now.

Bankroll: $26,542.28 Vpp's: 27808

Old 02-10-2013, 11:59 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Super quick update as no poker has been played, spent a couple of days w/ gf, was fine until i discovered she cuts my toenails when i sleep. Like seriously, no joke... wtf . Idk what thats about but relationships no where near serious enough to go to couple therapy so i'm going to have to gamble/risk it for the biscuit and continue seeing her despite the fact I may wake up one day with my face removed.

Also another girl who I was pretty serious with a couple of years ago contacted me out of the blue (I might of mentioned her ages ago on here, dont remember, who cares) and said we should hang out sometime, which would be interesting if it wasnt for the fact shes half way around the world atm and expects me to fly over there to see her (umm lolwtfbbq) shes a bit mental too and I was the one who broke up with her so its 60% shes trying to kill me, 30% she wants something from me and 8% shes legit and just crazy/optimistic and alone on valentines. Math is hard. Cya tomorrow for a poker update.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:39 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Whew just got done with my sesh for the day. Wasnt quite as long as i'd like because I was dreaming of a 10-12 hour marathon to make up for lost time. But my brains starting to tire and I really want to get a workout in too so i'm calling it at 7.5 hours. All 200nl and all fun, was a great session, lots of interesting spots, challenges and reg dynamics building. Basically all the things I was hoping for when i decided to move up.

Was a rollercoaster of a session. Started off poorly, after the first two hours I was down like $800, just couldnt catch any breaks, stopped for lunch, went over some hands and hopped back in and things picked up, there were some whales about too, just throwing money at me like I was the hottest stripper in the joint. Finished the session +$1,177, played one mtt too, the $44 6max (nostalgic mtt for me, was always good to me back in the day and it still has a soft spot in my heart.) Got like 16th for $100 so some more money banked. Bought in a nice amount of vpps today too, as I was reminded via PM gotta get back on course for 75k by april 7th for my $150 bonus so that was cool beans.

Off to pump some iron and then workout (giggity) cashed in my 30k steller reward so heres where we're at plus a graph of todays sesh.

Bankroll: $27,754.46 Vpp's: 30354

Old 02-17-2013, 11:07 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Hi, so since my last update I have barely played any poker, just one 25 minute sesh where i lost like $600 and quit because I was sick and not playing well at all. -_- I have excuses for my lack of volume such as i had stuff to do for valentines day and i've been a bit under the weather but they're just that, excuses. Had I really wanted to get hands in I would have, some days im just not motivated to do anything tho so I guess I need to account for these breaks imma take sporadically.

Today I was still feeling a bit ill (cold) but was determined to make up for the lost days with a 15hour sesh, its now just about midnight and i'm calling it at just over 10 hours. Would of been nice to keep going, but when youre only 80% fit 9-11tabling 200nl for 10 hours with some hiit in between is very draining. Extremely happy with the sesh length tho, our longest one of the year by a wide margain (almost 3 hours) hopefully more of that to come.

Was a good session in terms of results too, followed a fish up to 400nl at the start but forced myself to leave after a while, I just wasnt 100% comfortable at the table, decided picking on the 200nl fish will have to do for a while. Finished the sesh +$1756 which is awesome obv, just tons of fish around today didnt even feel fair at times given how easy it was to relieve them of thier hard earned dollars. Lots of interesting hands too, gonna be a fun sesh to review tomorrow. Definately 0 regrets about moving up (fairly certain id be saying that even if i was losing erry sesh but I can't gurantee it)

Dropped like $125 in donkaments but we still finished the day + a lot obv, AND we made almost 4kvpps in a day which is a good feel, over 1/3 of the way to supernova now. Still at one table which has 2.5 whales at it, just cant bear to leave but I will soon as I need some sleep. We finish w/

Bankroll: $28,773.86 Vpp's: 34120
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alltooeasy.jpg (31.3 KB, 236 views)

Old 02-18-2013, 11:00 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Sup guys, got in just over 5 hours today, not the biggest one ever but I generally struggle with volume the day after a long sesh and im still feeling a little sick so i'll take it. Ran pretty bad all day, kinda glad about it to be honest. The ratio of winning/losing seshes i've had just hasnt felt realistic so nice to know im not an unbeatable god of poker.

Also irl news, had a weird call from my gf last night at like 2am, she said she was super scared because some european guy knocked on her door, apparently he said he was her neighbour and he said lived in another appartment within the building.

Her flatmate was out but the guy had gone by the time she called me and I still dont really know what happened or why it had her freaked out (she's never rung me before lol only texts) When I asked some pretty normal questions about it she gave me weird answers tho so idk. Honestly im fairly certain shes some sort of compulsive liar setting me up for a long con. I just havent figured out what angle she's working yet, i'll keep you guys posted tho... hopefully i figure it out soon.

Tomorrow have my food being delivered so apart from a short workout got nothing to do but sesh sesh sesh baby. Should be a good time

Finished today down $526, also finally added the approx rakeback into HEM2 so here's a graph of where we're at after rakeback in 2013 as platinum star obv it sucks cus its the nut low rakeback deal but its still mo money which in turn means mo problems. Today we finish at

edit holy shit that graphs hard to read, to summarise we're +$3.8k pre rb and +$5372 after rakeback -_- also just realised i make $8000 when I hit supernova because I havent spent an fpp since the boar war. Have like 357k chillin in my cashier.

Bankroll: $28,773.86 Vpp's: 34120

Old 02-19-2013, 09:02 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Just got finished with a really sweet session, played a total of 7 hours 24minutes and it was a fun one. Spent 95% of the session running horribly just losing all the reg vs reg coolers, boards running out terrible, people having the top of their ranges in awkward spots etc.

The reason I enjoyed the sesh despite all that is twofold; firstly, there were tons of interesting hands in the session, was asked tons of questions and im sure I misplayed some spots, also made a few sick reads/folds and calls. But yeh I tend to get lazy/auto pilot'y if im not challenged and this stake eliminates this problem because there's plenty of vgood regs there. Secondly despite running bad all sesh, I dont think my play suffered at all (the misplays I made were just due to me still sucking at cash games) and I kept playing with a positive atttitude, something I may have struggled with in the past. So finishing the sesh in a very positive mindset.

Graph of the sesh below, we did manage to come back towards the end but unfortunately didnt manage to stay in the green np tho its all just one long sesh right? And after rakeback we're only down $94 on the day, starting to fall in love with that stat, makes the losses seem less severe and the wins seem even more awesome hehe. Graph of todays rollercoaster and summary - popped a $50 stellar so

(edit, also mis copied my BR/vpp update from yesteray obv it was that minus $526 -_-)

Bankroll: $28,166.65 Vpp's: 38081

Old 02-26-2013, 12:07 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Hi there, so since the last update i've only played 3 sessions. I know, I know I suck etc. Spent a few days w/ gf which was nice and i am trying to balance life and poker to avoid burning out in either but its just so hard to leave that goddamn appartment once i get there lol. So the first of the 3 seshes was on the 20th, lasted about 2 hours and I had to call it, was going to gfs later that day anyway and I was also running about as bad as possible. I'm ok grinding through runbad but sometimes you just need to step away cus nothings going right. Ended that sesh down $725.

Got back from gf's yesterday and played a lil comeback sesh, we'd been partying pretty hard so I wasnt in great shape. Feel I was playing fine but fatigue caught up with me rather quickly and after 4 hours I had to end it due to my brain switching off. Ended that sesh down $330 or so. Today I had to workout, shop, deal with some other crap and time just flew away. Didnt start my session until evening so once again had to call it at around 4 hours due to my brain starting to fall asleep. Was a better sesh results wise, ended up $730 (some sweet hands this sesh too, couple of bigpots im fairly certain I misplayed, gonna review tomorrow) tho i did drop $110 in donkaments hehe.

Hoping to do nothing but sesh when I wake up tomorrow, looking to get in a minimum of 8-9hours. Excited for that, and also excited for the return of the milestone hands, they keep teasing me w/ the promotion news but they havent started yet they're a great grind incentive and also encourage the fish to stick around longer. We cashed in our 40k stellar so we're currently at

Bankroll: $27,767.50 Vpp's: 41526

Heres my cash game #'s for 2013, still learning everyday, plenty of leaks in my game and mistakes being made so hopefully better results to come as the year goes on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yearsofar.jpg (31.9 KB, 213 views)

Old 02-27-2013, 01:52 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Ok so some good news and then some bad news for you. Lets start off with the good stuff, aimed to get a big sesh in today and managed it, as well as completing my fitness goals for the day, showering and eating some good meals. So feels like im in one of my good boy phases. Managed 8.5 hours today, not quite as long as i'd dreamed but it will suffice.

Now the bad news, ran sooooooo bad, like unreal bad. I think as far as aactual runbad goes (board runouts, suckouts, top/bottom ranges etc) it was the worst day since we moved to cash late last year. It's ok we've had plenty of good days, its obv we're gonna have bad ones like today. The whole day was miserable and we still managed to get a massive session in, so couldnt be happier with that. Also min-cashed the $109 6max which coulda maybe saved the day but AQ<A9 for all of it .

The milestone hands have started, tho stars told me early this morning that they we gonna be starting "VERY SOON" and they begun around midnight my time its still nice to get that extra grind incentive in. Made a bunch of vpp today which is sweet but we finish down $1088.98 tho only down $974 after rakeback weeeeee. Lets hope tomorrow will be better. Or at least not any worse.

Bankroll: $26,697.12 Vpp's: 44211

Old 03-01-2013, 11:24 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

And by grind incentive i mean go out Wednesday on some sick binge of a night out, get home Thursday afternoon, go straight to sleep and wake up 12pm Saturday. I'll let you fill in the gaps of that time because I can't.

Anyway, back on form today, hopped into the ring fired up and ready to go, unfortunately we're still running bad and still down swinging so after 8 hours of battling we finished down a buyin or so (post rakeback). Think I played really well through out the day and can recall a number of big pots I lost where I was a significant favourite, had they gone the other way we would've been up a few buy-ins, we were also down $900 at one point in the sesh so coulda been worse, it can always be worse... of course it could also be better but /shrug. Also cant win a milestone hand to save my life, wtf so rigged, everyone just goes to some scrubs plaing 1c/2c fullring limit #1stworldproblems

A lil behid my vpp goals as per usual, should still cruise to 75k by April 3rd for my 300k target thing, I worked out I need to avg like 970 a day or sth and this sesh alone i churned out 2500. Cashed in my 45k $50 stellar reward. Tomorrow will prolly be seshin, or might go fck gf for a night or two it's up to you, the reading public.
To help his gf enjoy her weekend and keep Sam seshing all day Text "StayNgrind u lazy phuck" to 555-KMFT or to see him go out and eat all his gf's food, dissapoint her sexually and maybe even steal her worn socks again Text "Hit that mah brotha" to 555-KMFT who loses? YOU DECIDE. Calls cost 2 minutes of your lives, calls from mobiles will cost significantly more

Bankroll: $26,345.83 Vpp's: 46778

Old 03-06-2013, 04:25 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Well yesterday wasn't so great, got 5 hours in and then had to stop because it was just like pissing into a wind tunnel, ran so unreal bad. Wont go on about it because you all know what runbad is and if you dont just read frogmans blog for demonstrations of tilt and runbad, tho even at the end of the sesh I wasnt tilted or playing off of my A-B game imo -_-.

A little disheartening to lose so much progress and hard work in one session but gotta take the good with the bad, and now its the next day and im ready to get on the grind again. Finished the sesh down $2.1k so lets see if we can turn it around today. Not going to drop down to 100nl yet as im still rolled fine but if we have a few more sessions like yesterday we may have to drop down a bit just for a confidence boost. For now tho,

Bankroll: $24,195.56 Vpp's: 48536

Old 03-07-2013, 05:26 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Sup girls and guy, today went better for us. Finished +$963 (+$1056 after rakeback, weee $15 an hour rakeback grinding ftw) got a nice sesh in today, not the longest ever at 7 hours but good enough. Also trying to adjust my sleep pattern as I woke up at 4pm today. Been super lazy with gym too, havent worked out in like a week but have written up a new routine that im pretty excited about so gotta get that ball rolling soon cus I fatten up like Oprah at Christmas.

Not the most exciting entry I know but some days not much happens, in the habit of heading here and updating after my sesh now tho. Session was fun, took some different lines in spots and feel like I played pretty well (for me anyway) should be a fun review tomorrow, but for now just gonna play some viddya games and chill cus i'm nowhere near sleepig sadly. Prolly staying up through tomorrow so could be a couple of days before the next sesh.

Over halfway to Supernova now, although thats way behind the pace i wanted to be on its still something im pretty happy with given I think the most vpp i've ever earned in a year prior to this was 42k or something -_-. Cashed in my first $100 stellar reward so

Bankroll: $25,253.71 Vpp's: 50700
also pb-sp-sc, pb-sp-sc, pb-sp-sc, pb-sp-sc, pb-sp-sc, pb-sp-sc, pb-sp-sc, pb-sp-sc, pb-sp-sc, pb-sp-sc, pb-sp-sc, pb-sp-sc, pb-sp-sc, pb-sp-sc, shippit sucka

oh and graf of loast two days

Last edited by kevinthorn : 03-07-2013 at 05:30 AM.

Old 03-10-2013, 06:51 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Sup guys, been a tough couple of days poker wise. Just big losing sessions back to back to back, nothing in the way of respite offered hehe. Messed with my head a little bit earlier, downswings always do, but after watching some videos/reading some hh's etc etc im fairly confident that im not terrible and for the most part its just variance/runbad. Of course there are plenty mistakes too, feel like im learning new stuff erry day so im excited for my progression even tho atm im prob one of the worst 200nl regs i enjoy the challenge and I love the fact its forcing me to work hard to compete.

Might play 100nl for the next sesh just as a bit of a confidence booster but idk, i like the vpp/hour earned at 200nl, we'll see how i feel. Down for the year now at 200nl but the sample size still isnt hugely relevant, wanna clock 200k hands and then see how we're doing. Gonna try mixing up sesh review and looking at smaller pots this time, because a lot of the med-big pots are mostly coolers/me getting fcked but its very possible im trickling away money in smaller pots. Sleeps still fcked up woke up at 6;30 pm sigh but thats ok. Loving my new workout sched, feel so much better when im eating well and stayin in some sort of shape.

Also dropped like $200 at mtts, but thats just my weekly charity work cus mtt players are terrible and need the money more than me. Not much life news to report, enjoying being away from gf and also missing being with gf so apparently im some sort of emo bitch, changed my avatar tho so lets hope the next sesh goes better. Shout out to the lurkers who dont post any more but still read this poorly written blog, <3

Bankroll: $22,194.16 Vpp's: 54832

200nl stats for the year
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imbadatlife.jpg (9.2 KB, 157 views)

Old 03-11-2013, 06:58 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Well just got done with a pretty intense 8 and a half hour session, also spent the last hour 1 tabling the bigger 27.50 before taking a raping to bust 27th for nothing, but mtts etc etc. So anyway, the cash game session. Started the day (at 5pm) with a session review, basically going over some hands id set aside yesterday, reading some 2+2 posts etc etc. Gave me some confidence back and I got balls deep into the sesh fired up and ready to party.

Aaaand after about 4 hours of the same stupid shit that has been haunting us over the past few days we were down $1460 lol. But having gone over stuff in the "morning" I wasnt letting it get to me, was still enjoying the sesh and confident I was playing at least fine if not good. After much grinding things turned around a bit and we were able to not only decrease the loss but actually finish the day up $489 ($604 w/ rakeback) which is nice, having had back to back to back losing seshes recently.

Still have a long way to go, could just be in the eye of the storm and theres a -$2k sesh around the corner but i think im ready for it. Got some work to do before i make 75kvpp by April 3rd or w/e but it should be easy enough assuming i dont burnout. Stars client now displays lifetime vpps, turns out ive earned 244k lifetime, 57k+ of which were in the last 2.2 months Prob seshing tomorrow but might not be an 8 hour sit down like today. For now tho totals and graph of the session. Feels good to be up for the year, can't imagine how shitty id feel to be down like 15k or something, luckily im not a noob tho so i'll never have to worry about that.

Bankroll: $22,624.28 Vpp's: 57577

Old 03-12-2013, 11:06 AM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Hi sexy, youre looking great today, did you do something different with your hair? Im fine thanks for asking, just got done with todays 200nl session. Was pretty sweet, good amount of fun, a few very tough spots that I may have misplayed and some rungoot which is always nice. Lasted ~ 5 hours and we finished +$1198 (+$1268 after rb).

Didnt get started until late night and the tables are very good @ that time, tho there arent very many (even had to mix in some 100nl today cus i couldnt get 9 good 200nl games going) but it still may be worth trying to play this schedule. I hate waking up at night tho so prob nothing too interesting going to go down.

All I got for you today sorry yo, nothing too much to report but definately happy to book a nice 4fig sesh. Closing in on that 60k $100 bonus but for now

Bankroll: $23,759.23 Vpp's: 59246

Old 03-19-2013, 05:07 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Hows it going? Havent updated for a few days because I wasn't playing, spent a couple of days with an old mate of mine who i havent seen since he moved abroad... got pretty messy and was great fun. Was too wrecked to play well after so went to stay w/ gf for a few days after to detox. First sesh back today, started off weird, idk exactly what the problem was, maybe I was tired or had got a little rusty but i had this nagging feeling I was playing bad, compounded when I bet/ called a check/shove in a 4b pot w/ KQhi on A28rainbow -_- tho idk i kinda like my logic I just went one level too far.

Took a little lunch break to gather my thoughts and got back on it, 2nd time round I felt I was playing much better but ran the literal worst possible. I mean obv im sure there were misplays too but at least 70% of the loss was just getting coolered/badbeated for stacks vs dumbphuck regs who 3b/calls 34s ep vs ep and flop quads. I wont clog the blog with hh's and badbeat stories cus thats lamer than grinding micro mtts but yeh biggest losing sesh so far was a nice welcome back from stars.

Prob gonna go for a 10+hour 100nl sesh tomorrow as a confidence booster and go from there. Even though I know im running bad theres no reason to let ego get in the way and refuse to move down. Cashed in my first $100 stella reward... or maybe my 2nd i forget. But we finished the sesh down $2100 (1.3k under EV) plus like $90 droppe in lame-tt's so derp.

Bankroll: $21,284.21 Vpp's: 60857

Old 03-27-2013, 01:21 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Sup peeps, been a while I know. Havent played at all so you havent missed anything interesting. To cut a long story short had a ton of irl stuff just implode on me at once and have been faffing around trying to sort shit out. That shit includes, but is not limited to having to relocate with only 1 weeks notice, my friend being put in hospital after a fight in a bar (he fine now), another of my friends gf's having a miscarrige even tho he had no idea she was pregnant, and I even sprained my wrist -_-

Its been a rough one, most of its ok now but im a little worn out by it. Wont make the 75kvpp by april 4th tho, I mean I could make it technically but the stress/effort it would take would prob cost me way more than the $150 its worth. Honestly im a little burnt out with cash going to take a couple of weeks - a month off and perhaps try out the donkaments again, mix in some 180s and see whats up with that. I enjoy cash more, and the freedoms it offers but idk wanna try mtts again for a bit. Also not reading any PMs or posts from frogman for a week cus I know there will be trolls within. Will still update the blog and whatnot, excited to see that vpp count slow to a crawl but maybe the $$ will go up up up

Old 03-27-2013, 10:58 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Im such a fail whale obv read frogmans blog, guess I was just cruisin for a bruisin. In other news I dont think the switching to mtts plan is going to work, tried today and i missed the challenge of cashgames, being put to tough decisions all the time, playing in a smaller player pool and building complex dynamics w/ regs. Idk will prob just play cash again w/ the odd mtt sesh thrown in willy nilly. Mtts are easy and even a dead cat can beat them tho so obv shipped one today but i mean who hasnt shipped an mtt today right? Yawn so underwhelming (imagine me looking nonchalant and taking a sip of coffee here)

Old 05-18-2013, 04:19 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Sup boo, been a while I know. Had a million real life things going on and i burnt out a tad, not massively but when I was seshing it was becoming less enjoyable so i took a lil time off. Back now tho for SCOOP and because i have the itch to grind again. Played snore and gos for like a week and it was about as miserable as u would imagine so back to cash now ($100nl while i get my bearings again) and back on the VPP chase too. Got a nice sesh in yesterday, not the longest because id been busy all day and started late got about 205minutes in finishing +$418 or so. Today planning a marathon sesh to welcome me back to the tables so should be fun now where were we... oh yeh

Bankroll: $22,993.81 Vpp's: 64769.54

Hope youre all doing good, and see you in the trenches <3

Poker Forum | Poker Staking

Poker Site Reviews
Titan Poker Pokerstars William Hill Bodog Carbon Poker Ladbrokes Party PokerCake Poker