After Dark Winner x4
Survivor Champion

Staker Points: 80854.48
TPS: 20526.89
Plays at : Pokerstars
Game of choice : NLHE, 5CD
Fav. Online Player : Frogman3
Fav. Pro : Marcel Luske
DrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via Skype™ to DrJustice
Default Trending moves?

Since i have been away from poker and managed to get 1 tournament in to at least have played something i am curious what is trending these days and why.

From recollection these were my most recent trending moves.
  • Minraising rather then making it more.
    Flatting on SB unopened rather then raising. When is folding an option tho?
    Finding 3b shoving sweet spots with 15-25BB's.
    4b or even 5b with less then premiums obvious.

So what else is trending?

Surfers Poker - Featured Sites
Old 01-12-2017, 02:54 PM
Elite Supernova Staker II
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

Staker Points: 21892.25
TPS: 9305.13
Plays at : pokerstars
Game of choice : strippoker
Fav. Online Player : Bluerain
Fav. Pro : Sal Marquez
jappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via MSN to jappie007

raise towards the 2.5x rather than minraising
3betting towards 3x rather than smaller
defend BB superwide
4b and 5b tighter again
William Hill ID: JappieBuz

Old 01-12-2017, 09:49 PM
Surfers Event Winner x5
Silver Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner x3

Staker Points: 30339.75
TPS: 2710.72
Plays at : Home
Game of choice : Holdem
Fav. Online Player : Prolly VLC
Fav. Pro : Daniel Negreanu
LeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

Not putting all the chips in when you "shove" (ie you have 7bb and want to shove but you make it 4-5x instead and obv don't fold afterwards)

Donkleading a balanced range instead of one that is weighted towards strength

More emphasis on GTO considerations (and people learning from GTO software)

Old 01-15-2017, 11:57 AM
Surfers Event Winner x48
Elite Supernova Staker VII
Elite Supernova Horse III

WSOSP Winner x11
Sharkfin Winner x3
SNG Champion x2
After Dark Winner x4
Survivor Champion

Staker Points: 80854.48
TPS: 20526.89
Plays at : Pokerstars
Game of choice : NLHE, 5CD
Fav. Online Player : Frogman3
Fav. Pro : Marcel Luske
DrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via Skype™ to DrJustice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jappie007 View Post
raise towards the 2.5x rather than minraising
3betting towards 3x rather than smaller
defend BB superwide
4b and 5b tighter again
Defending BB wide is something i've felt i have been doing most of the time.
Are we raising closer to 2.5x, because of easier way to play for stacks postflop?
This would also reason why would 3b to 7.5x i assume or are there other reasonings behind this behavior?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsFan1122 View Post
Not putting all the chips in when you "shove" (ie you have 7bb and want to shove but you make it 4-5x instead and obv don't fold afterwards)

Donkleading a balanced range instead of one that is weighted towards strength

More emphasis on GTO considerations (and people learning from GTO software)
So what would you suggest when were shoving some what wider 10-13BB, unopened or 1 or two flats.

Had to look up GTO. That requires a lot of studying i pressume?

Old 01-15-2017, 05:33 PM
Surfers Event Winner x5
Silver Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner x3

Staker Points: 30339.75
TPS: 2710.72
Plays at : Home
Game of choice : Holdem
Fav. Online Player : Prolly VLC
Fav. Pro : Daniel Negreanu
LeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJustice View Post
Defending BB wide is something i've felt i have been doing most of the time.
Are we raising closer to 2.5x, because of easier way to play for stacks postflop?
This would also reason why would 3b to 7.5x i assume or are there other reasonings behind this behavior?

So what would you suggest when were shoving some what wider 10-13BB, unopened or 1 or two flats.

Had to look up GTO. That requires a lot of studying i pressume?
Well I don't think the whole "non all in shove" thing is an exact science but basically by doing it you have a chance to increase your fold equity a little bit more. Maybe villain is playing lots of tables and he just sees a big raise. He's not staring at an "All in" sign so he might miss it and make a fold where he would otherwise call if he realized you were all in. Also when you're all in it's often easier for villain to calculate his exact pot odds and they'll often realize they're getting pretty good odds and could more easily find a call. And also from a psychological perspective - when you're all in, it's not that hard for Villain to just click the "call" button. If you raise 4.5xbb of your 7bb stack, Villain will actually have to click "raise" which is harder for them to do with non premium holdings. Your question was what would you suggest in a certain scenario. I think against regs you should keep it fairly consistent but against fish or bad players you can change it up to anything that you feel gives you the most possible fold equity in that situation. And perhaps if you want a call vs a fish it might be better to just actually shove properly.

Yes GTO is a relatively new concept (last few years). Still considered to be very much unsolved (and pretty much impossible to solve in general because it involves very long decision trees with all sorts of different bet sizings, board textures and frequencies).

Last edited by LeafsFan1122 : 01-15-2017 at 05:37 PM.

Poker Forum | Poker Staking

Poker Site Reviews
Titan Poker Pokerstars William Hill Bodog Carbon Poker Ladbrokes Party PokerCake Poker