Surfers Poker, Poker Forum

Go Back   Surfers Poker - Poker Forum > Tournaments and Staking > Tournaments and Events
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 01:46 PM
Administrator

Staker Points: 22847.03
TPS: 5821.025
Fav. Online Player : I_Feel_Fine
Fav. Pro : Tony G, Sam Farha
Venice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

We had about 6 active competitors in the small field and 6 in the large field.

The best score in the small field was by char, who averaged 21% ROI over 105 small field SNGs - good for 5 pts

The best score in the big field was by no1yidmax, who averaged 27% ROI over 1600 big field SNGs - good for 3 pts

Congrats to char who wins SNG Championship XII
Just be nice and fold. Please. I will never ever bluff you again. Dont make me sit here for your whole time bank. Just dont. No. No. No. I cant stand it no longer. Just fold already. FOLD. FOLD. FOLD......Phewwww.
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in - Mark Twain

Old 04-23-2013, 02:14 PM

Staker Points: 0
TPS: 0
Plays at : pokerstars
Game of choice : MTT knockout turbo
Fav. Online Player : Agent Bear
Fav. Pro : Daniel Negreanu
kresevljak Poker Forum Living Legendkresevljak Poker Forum Living Legendkresevljak Poker Forum Living Legendkresevljak Poker Forum Living Legendkresevljak Poker Forum Living Legendkresevljak Poker Forum Living Legendkresevljak Poker Forum Living Legendkresevljak Poker Forum Living Legendkresevljak Poker Forum Living Legendkresevljak Poker Forum Living Legendkresevljak Poker Forum Living Legendkresevljak Poker Forum Living Legend
Send a message via Skype™ to kresevljak

Congratz guys! Char

Slow down your time will come. If not tonight surely by the dawn ...

Success is like being pregnant, everybody congratulates you, but nobody knows how many times you were fuked before you got there.
PS:denis lovric

Old 04-23-2013, 02:20 PM
Surfers Event Winner x2
Elite Supernova Horse
Supernova Staker
Sharkfin Winner
WSOSP Winner

Staker Points: 3824.51
TPS: 14136.305
Fav. Online Player : frogtrain97
Fav. Pro : tony helmuth
char Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Poker

Tyty

Old 04-23-2013, 02:38 PM
Surfers Event Winner x8
Silver Supernova Staker
Elite Supernova Horse XII

WSOSP Winner
Sharkfin Winner x4
Survivor Champion

Staker Points: 14931.81
TPS: 78160.49
Frogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

Lolololol seems fair on Max

Old 04-23-2013, 02:45 PM
Administrator

Venice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman3 View Post
Lolololol seems fair on Max
Next time we should probably try to cater a little more for very high volume. Always a tough one to balance between social volume and high volume.
Just be nice and fold. Please. I will never ever bluff you again. Dont make me sit here for your whole time bank. Just dont. No. No. No. I cant stand it no longer. Just fold already. FOLD. FOLD. FOLD......Phewwww.
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in - Mark Twain

Old 04-23-2013, 02:46 PM
Surfers Event Winner x8
Silver Supernova Horse
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x2
Sharkfin Winner
SNG Champion

Staker Points: 3266.9799999999996
TPS: 1611.625
Plays at : Online
Game of choice : Omaha Hi-Lo
Fav. Online Player : where's KT?
Fav. Pro : Venice
PB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

Congrats, chario!

Where's KT?

Old 04-23-2013, 03:38 PM
Elite Supernova Staker II
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

Staker Points: 21892.25
TPS: 9305.13
jappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via MSN to jappie007

lol ridiculous. but gg Char

Old 04-24-2013, 04:41 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

Staker Points: 160
TPS: 2701.5
Plays at : Pokerstars and FTP
Game of choice : Texas Holdem
Fav. Pro : Phil Ivey
Bladedge90 Godlike Genius of PokerBladedge90 Godlike Genius of PokerBladedge90 Godlike Genius of PokerBladedge90 Godlike Genius of PokerBladedge90 Godlike Genius of PokerBladedge90 Godlike Genius of PokerBladedge90 Godlike Genius of PokerBladedge90 Godlike Genius of PokerBladedge90 Godlike Genius of PokerBladedge90 Godlike Genius of PokerBladedge90 Godlike Genius of PokerBladedge90 Godlike Genius of PokerBladedge90 Godlike Genius of PokerBladedge90 Godlike Genius of PokerBladedge90 Godlike Genius of Poker

Ummm so Max killed it over 1600 games of mtsng, and char won nicely over just 105 small field, and he won Char u know I dont hate u, but these rules need to be changed

Old 04-24-2013, 06:00 PM
Surfers Event Winner x8
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner
Sharkfin Winner x4
Survivor Champion

Frogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumFrogman3 Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

Charhaters ITT

Old 04-24-2013, 06:46 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Silver Supernova Staker
Elite Supernova Horse - Verified
Sharkfin Winner

Staker Points: 4974.33
TPS: 10415.99
Plays at : Stars, FTP, 888, Ipo
Game of choice : Omaha H/L, NLHE
Fav. Pro : Negreanu
no1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Poker

Wd char grats, tbh I'm happy my ROI has been high as well as my volume .

Maybe for next time good idea to make tiers for higher volume players the highest on the big sng tier was 110+ and obviously some people played a lot more than that.

Or perhaps different tiers for big volume and low volume players?

IDK shoulda smashed for 50% then it wouldn't have been an issue

Old 04-24-2013, 07:03 PM
Surfers Event Winner x2
Elite Supernova Horse
Supernova Staker
Sharkfin Winner
WSOSP Winner

Staker Points: 3824.51
TPS: 14136.305
Fav. Online Player : frogtrain97
Fav. Pro : tony helmuth
char Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Pokerchar Godlike Genius of Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1yidmax View Post
Wd char grats, tbh I'm happy my ROI has been high as well as my volume .

Maybe for next time good idea to make tiers for higher volume players the highest on the big sng tier was 110+ and obviously some people played a lot more than that.

Or perhaps different tiers for big volume and low volume players?

IDK shoulda smashed for 50% then it wouldn't have been an issue
tbh ill take the 15$ and the sng championship but it made me confused as top how i won lol

Old 04-24-2013, 07:25 PM
Surfers Event Winner x8
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner
Sharkfin Winner x4
Survivor Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by char View Post
tbh ill take the 15$ and the sng championship but it made me confused as top how i won lol
So you've won the mtt league AND the sng championship all in the same week !

I'd expect a phone call from cardplayer magazine any day now . No doubt they'll want interviews , fly you out to vegas for a photo shoot etc etc prob offer you some kind of sellout $10m sponsorship deal (don't take it is my advice - grind your way up from the micros instead then at least you'll know you never sold out your principles just for a few measly million)

Old 04-24-2013, 07:29 PM
Administrator

The issue comes mainly from the fact that most entrants tend to play a "social" volume (ie not very many), so the tables need to accomodate them and the varying ROIs that are achievable over low volume. Relating to that, it reflects the fact that higher ROIs are considerably more achieveable in big field SNGs (esp over lowish volume) than they are in small field ones

I shall probably use a formula system for SNG-C XIII, otherwise we'll need 100 tables to try to balance all volumes!

Something like:

(Average ROI / Average Field Size) * (Volume/150 [max 4])

I'll do some tweaking nearer the time

Old 04-24-2013, 08:18 PM
Surfers Event Winner x8
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner
Sharkfin Winner x4
Survivor Champion

ROI increases with field size but not linearly so you'd need to do the sqrt of field size maybe

Or just make everyone play the same no. of the same tourney

Old 04-25-2013, 02:18 AM
Supernova Staker - Verified
Elite Supernova Horse

Staker Points: 5350.27
TPS: 8138.555
Mentality135 Godlike Genius of PokerMentality135 Godlike Genius of PokerMentality135 Godlike Genius of PokerMentality135 Godlike Genius of PokerMentality135 Godlike Genius of PokerMentality135 Godlike Genius of PokerMentality135 Godlike Genius of PokerMentality135 Godlike Genius of PokerMentality135 Godlike Genius of PokerMentality135 Godlike Genius of PokerMentality135 Godlike Genius of PokerMentality135 Godlike Genius of PokerMentality135 Godlike Genius of PokerMentality135 Godlike Genius of PokerMentality135 Godlike Genius of PokerMentality135 Godlike Genius of Poker

Could we have two tiers; high volume and low volume tiers?

Old 04-25-2013, 10:33 AM
Surfers Event Winner x48
Elite Supernova Staker VII
Elite Supernova Horse III

WSOSP Winner x11
Sharkfin Winner x3
SNG Champion x2
After Dark Winner x4
Survivor Champion

Staker Points: 80854.48
TPS: 20526.89
Plays at : Pokerstars
Game of choice : NLHE, 5CD
Fav. Online Player : Frogman3
Fav. Pro : Marcel Luske
DrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via Skype™ to DrJustice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentality135 View Post
There were 12 contestants in 2 different categories. Multiple tiers wouldnt make this a decent championship.

Maybe its an idea to run a Volume grinders sidebet! You can fill in details as you desire!

Old 04-25-2013, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentality135 View Post
Essentially there were tiers in a way....many of them...which catered for most of the players.

In fact there has always been some volume related consideration since way back in SNG Championship No.6.

1600 SNGs in a couple of weeks was kind of a dramatic exception I guess....slightly off the top of the chart!

Old 04-25-2013, 12:15 PM

Staker Points: 0
TPS: 0
Game of choice : MTT knockout turbo
Fav. Online Player : Agent Bear
Fav. Pro : Daniel Negreanu
kresevljak Poker Forum Living Legendkresevljak Poker Forum Living Legendkresevljak Poker Forum Living Legendkresevljak Poker Forum Living Legendkresevljak Poker Forum Living Legendkresevljak Poker Forum Living Legendkresevljak Poker Forum Living Legendkresevljak Poker Forum Living Legendkresevljak Poker Forum Living Legendkresevljak Poker Forum Living Legendkresevljak Poker Forum Living Legendkresevljak Poker Forum Living Legend
Send a message via Skype™ to kresevljak

I believe that 100 games are pretty decent sample as well, but if it is a monthly contest then 10 games a day should be minimum requied as well.. that what my thought about..

Slow down your time will come. If not tonight surely by the dawn ...

Success is like being pregnant, everybody congratulates you, but nobody knows how many times you were fuked before you got there.
PS:denis lovric

Poker Forum | Poker Staking

Poker Site Reviews
Titan Poker Pokerstars William Hill Bodog Carbon Poker Ladbrokes Party PokerCake Poker