Surfers Poker, Poker Forum

Go Back   Surfers Poker - Poker Forum > Poker Forums Area > Poker Strategy and Tips
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2007, 01:50 PM
Administrator

Staker Points: 22847.03
TPS: 5821.025
Fav. Online Player : I_Feel_Fine
Fav. Pro : Tony G, Sam Farha
Venice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Default The Knowledge

1) AA, AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT all launch all-in pre-flop. You are aware of these cards.

Before looking at your cards you decide that you are also going to go all-in regardless of what you have. What is the hand you most want to see when you have a look at your hole cards?

2) Same scenario, but what is the hand that you want to see the least?

3) Is there any game where you would fold the nuts and be correct to do so?

4) If you knew the flop was going to be Qs Js Ts, which hole cards would you prefer? A) AdAs B) QdQh C) AdKc D) QhTh E) KsTh

Once your hand is selected all your other opponent's hands will be random (ie you will not be competing against the other 4 hands)

-----------------------------------------

Surfers Poker - Featured Sites
Old 03-13-2007, 07:30 PM
Silver Horse - Verified
Surfers Event Winner x4
WSOSP Winner x2

Staker Points: 69.79
TPS: 26.38
Plays at : Absolute
Game of choice : Limit Holdem, HORSE
Fav. Pro : Paul Wasicka
Lemon11 Best Poker Forum Member Contender

1. some suited connectors probably. like 78, 89

2. dunno, TT maybe ??

3. speed/turbo tourney

4. AK looks good

Old 03-14-2007, 05:45 PM

Staker Points: 
TPS: 
hdogg Poker Forum Rookie

1 lower connectors, (sooted!) 56 i bet
2 k2 off probably dead, if not then 22...or KQ (sudden thought)
3 probably not, unless some crazy outdraw scenario
4 E

Old 03-21-2007, 09:19 PM

Staker Points: 
TPS: 
deepstack2 Poker Forum Rookie

1) 99 2) 27 3) never fold the nuts! 4) aces as nut flush draw as backup

Old 03-22-2007, 08:32 PM

Staker Points: 
TPS: 
Fav. Online Player : ElkY
Fav. Pro : Juha Helppi
miksto Poker Forum Expertmiksto Poker Forum Expertmiksto Poker Forum Expertmiksto Poker Forum Expertmiksto Poker Forum Expertmiksto Poker Forum Expertmiksto Poker Forum Expert

1) probably a middle suited connector like 5-6 or 6-7
2) AK offsuit
3) No. Not that i can think off
4) QQ of course (hate draws)

Old 04-01-2007, 09:27 AM
Administrator

Venice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

Answers coming out this afternoon on these.
Just be nice and fold. Please. I will never ever bluff you again. Dont make me sit here for your whole time bank. Just dont. No. No. No. I cant stand it no longer. Just fold already. FOLD. FOLD. FOLD......Phewwww.
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in - Mark Twain

Old 04-04-2007, 04:26 PM
Administrator

ANSWERS

1) 56 suited (funnily enough this will actually be the favourite to win the hand as well (20.8%))

2) Everyone is wrong. Answer is KK (0.002 EV)

3) In hi-lo games there are times you should fold the nuts, especially in pot limit when a player re-raises to pot. These are pretty specific scenarios, but are generally in the area of redraw and squeeze play.

4) Ad Kc
Just be nice and fold. Please. I will never ever bluff you again. Dont make me sit here for your whole time bank. Just dont. No. No. No. I cant stand it no longer. Just fold already. FOLD. FOLD. FOLD......Phewwww.
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in - Mark Twain

Old 04-06-2007, 01:55 AM

Staker Points: 4.4
TPS: 3.35
Plays at : pokerstars
Game of choice : omaha hi/lo/HORSE
shootfirst Best Poker Forum Member Contendershootfirst Best Poker Forum Member Contendershootfirst Best Poker Forum Member Contendershootfirst Best Poker Forum Member Contender
Send a message via AIM to shootfirst

I saw this after the answers were posted but would have gotten 1,3 and 4 right.
1. suited 56 can make a straight without giving TT a set and a chance at a redraw.
2. now that i think about it, KK is the worst hand. QQ,JJ,TT all have a chance at a straight. KK is the most unlikeliest hand to make one.
3. i've folded the nut straight many times in Omaha H/L.if you flop a 9 high straight on a 7 high board and people are betting and raising all over the place, best case scenario is a chop for high which actually quarters(or worse) you, and the chance of a set or 2 is probable.if you don't have much more than a blind invested, dump the hand.
4.AdKc obv. you flopped the nuts and everyone else needs to hit to catch up.
just my 2 cents.

Old 04-06-2007, 02:00 AM
Staking Manager
Platinum Staker - Verified
Surfers Event Winner x9
WSOSP Winner x2

Staker Points: 365.02
TPS: 0
Fav. Pro : Annie Duke
Jenpoker Poker Forum Living LegendJenpoker Poker Forum Living LegendJenpoker Poker Forum Living LegendJenpoker Poker Forum Living LegendJenpoker Poker Forum Living LegendJenpoker Poker Forum Living LegendJenpoker Poker Forum Living LegendJenpoker Poker Forum Living LegendJenpoker Poker Forum Living LegendJenpoker Poker Forum Living LegendJenpoker Poker Forum Living Legend

There is a 2nd one of these knocking around as well if you can find it.

Member of The M&Ms

Poker Forum | Poker Staking

Poker Site Reviews
Titan Poker Pokerstars William Hill Bodog Carbon Poker Ladbrokes Party PokerCake Poker