Elite Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner x4
Sharkfin Winner x8

Staker Points: 12350.029999999999
TPS: 36978.17
Plays at : CampusBar
Fav. Online Player : Ademir Galeno
Fav. Pro : dude904
ouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
smallgreenstar Poker Puzzle Contest - Puzzles Thread

Here are the 8 puzzles that make up the Official Poker Puzzle Contest

The puzzle solving stage is open to everyone, regardless of whether or not you've entered a puzzle yourself. There is a $10 prize for the most correct answers.

You have until Friday 15th February 23:59 ET to submit your answers.
You must PM your entries to me, and you can send multiple entries, but only your last entry before the deadline will count.
In the event of a tie, the person who sent their answers in first will win.

Reminder: for any puzzle that you submitted, you must answer "MINE" on the answer sheet. If more than half of the other contestants get it right, you will earn a mark for it. If fewer than half of the other contestants get it right, you will be marked as getting it incorrect.

Please submit all answers to me in a PM titled "Puzzle Answers".
The answer alone is enough, you do not have to give reasoning (unless spefically stated in the puzzle.)

Finally, here is a reminder of what happens next in this contest:
Quote:
Stage 3: Puzzle voting (Monday 18th February - Wednesday 20th February)

On Monday 18th February, I will post all of the answers to the puzzles. (Note - I will not reveal anyone's score just yet)
A 3 day poll will be created, allowing all members with over 100 posts to vote on their favourite puzzle. Depending on how many puzzles there are, it may be a single-vote poll or a multi-vote poll.

You should vote for the puzzle that you like the best, or the one that you feel is the cleverest. You cannot vote for your own puzzle(s).

Stage 4: Winners announced (Thursday 21st February)

There will be 2 prizes awarded:
1) Highest score (most correct answers) - $10
2) Best puzzle (decided by poll) - $10

A leaderboard will be posted showing everyone's puzzle scores, and the top scorer will recieve a $10 prize from Venice.

The author of each puzzle will also be revealed, and whoever created the puzzle that won the poll will recieve a $10 prize from Venice.

Important: There will only be two prizes. In the event of a tie, here what will happen:

a) with the puzzle scores, whoever sent their answers in soonest will be declared the winner.
b) with the best puzzle vote, a new poll will be created with just the tying puzzles to vote on. Again the poll will only be open to members with 100+ posts.

Summary

Monday 11th February until Friday 15th February 23:59 ET: Submit your answers to me via PM.
Monday 18th February: Answers are revealed, and a 3 day poll is put up so members with 100+ posts can vote on the best puzzle.
Thursday 21st February: Scores and puzzle creators revealed, prizes awarded.

PUZZLES AND ANSWER SHEET TEMPLATE COMING UP IN THE NEXT POST

If you have any questions, please post them in this thread. Do NOT discuss the puzzles themselves, and keep all of your ideas/answers a secret.

dude904 paid me $9001 for this promotional forum sig

awaiting funds

Surfers Poker - Featured Sites
Old 02-11-2008, 06:17 PM
White Water Surfer
Surfers Event Winner x19
Silver Supernova Staker
Elite Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner x4
Sharkfin Winner x8

ouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Question Puzzles & Answer sheet template

Question 1

Which letter comes next in this sequence?

Y, G, H, R, M, V, M, F, F, N, U, S, H, H, B, D, D, M, ?

Question 2

Here is a 5x5 grid:

?x, ?x, ?x, ?x, ?x
?x, ?x, ?x, ?x, ?x
?x, ?x, ?x, ?x, ?x
?x, ?x, ?x, ?x, ?x
?x, ?x, ?x, ?x, ?x

You must fill it in with the following 25 cards:

2s, 3s, 4s, 5s, 6s, 7s, 8s, 9s, Ts, Js, Qs, Ks, As, 6c, 8c, 9c, Jc, 6d, 7d, 8d, Jd, 6h, 8h, Th, Jh

In the grid you must make the following poker hands using the 5 horizontal rows and 5 vertical columns (ignore the 2 diagonals.)

1x Royal Flush
1x Straight Flush
1x 4 of a Kind
1x Full House
1x Flush
1x Straight
1x 3 of a Kind
1x Pair
2x High Card

You can only use the cards listed, and no duplicate cards are allowed.

Question 3

After a 13 hour, hard fought tournament on Pokerstars, 2 players, Doomed Player & The Champ, have been heads up for 3 and a half hours.

Finally there is a hand where Doomed Player is all-in preflop. As it happens, he ends up with the nuts, but unfortunately he discovers that he must congratulate The Champ for winning the tournament anyway.

No rules were broken. There were no connection problems. He wasn't sitting out.

What happened?

Question 4

Work out which word replaces the question mark.

Question 5

You are playing a game of heads-ups 5 card draw poker. You each have one draw and the only catch is that all the cards are lying on the table face-up.

The first player chooses any 5 cards from the table, then the second player does the same.
Next, the first player can discard any of their five cards and pick up new ones. The discarded cards are put out of play. Then the second player discards their cards and picks new one.

The players soon realize that there is a way for the player who acts first to always win if they select a specific combination of cards at the beginning.

Which 5 cards should the first person select?

Question 6

Here is a doctored screen shot. Spot the 10 errors.

(Note: I have blacked out the player's name and the hand history ID to stop people looking it up that way)

Question 7

You are playing in a poker tournament. You are in the big blind, and to your astonishment you are dealt:

It's folded round to the small blind, who decides to min-raise you. You fold instantly. Why?

Question 8

Bob and Jim are heads-up in a NLHE tournament.
There are 10,000 total chips in play, and Bob has more chips than Jim.
Both players' chipstacks end in an even number. (0,2,4,6,8)

Both players agree to go all-in every hand from now on.
Jim wins 5 consecutive hands and on the fifth hand he eliminates Bob and wins the tournament.

What is the minimum number of chips Jim could have had before the first all-in?
And what is the maximum number he could have had?

Here's another way of putting it:

Quote:
Bob has X chips and Jim has Y chips

Both players go all-in (#1) and Jim wins the pot
Both players go all-in (#2) and Jim wins the pot
Both players go all-in (#3) and Jim wins the pot
Both players go all-in (#4) and Jim wins the pot
Both players go all-in (#5) and Jim wins the pot, eliminating Bob and winning the tournament

Find the minimum and maximum values for Y.

Answer Sheet Template

1. ?

Grid:
?x, ?x, ?x, ?x, ?x
?x, ?x, ?x, ?x, ?x
?x, ?x, ?x, ?x, ?x
?x, ?x, ?x, ?x, ?x
?x, ?x, ?x, ?x, ?x

3. ?

4. ?

5. ?x, ?x, ?x, ?x, ?x

10 Errors:
1. ?
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?
7. ?
8. ?
9. ?
10. ?

7. ?

8. Min= ? , Max= ?

awaiting funds

Old 02-16-2008, 05:13 AM
White Water Surfer
Surfers Event Winner x19
Silver Supernova Staker
Elite Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner x4
Sharkfin Winner x8

The deadline is up, no more entries will be accepted!

I have now removed the various bumps that were cluttering up the thread, and opened the thread again. Feel free to discuss the puzzles/answers here now

One thing - if you were the author of any puzzle(s) please do not reveal this in the thread.

The puzzle answers will be revealed on Monday, along with a poll to decide the best puzzle (open to members with 100+ posts)

awaiting funds

Old 02-16-2008, 07:00 AM
Banned

Staker Points: 
TPS: 
Plays at : Absolute Poker
Fav. Online Player : Ziigmund
Fav. Pro : mike matasow
PWNUPOSTFLOP Poker Forum Rookie

wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much work for a poker player to figure that out

bb/hr trumps this, haha

Old 02-16-2008, 07:57 AM

Staker Points: 0
TPS: 0
Plays at : fulltilt and pokerst
Game of choice : cashgame PLO8
CM93 Poker Forum Rookie
Send a message via AIM to CM93

LOL i didnt even see this thread... just by takeing a/b 15 minutes i found a/b 4 of the answers... 2bad my eyes did'nt cath them earlier

"Mike Matusow: i like playng bad"

"Mike Matusow: u win whenu pay bad"

Old 02-16-2008, 11:58 AM
Silver Supernova Horse
Elite Supernova Staker III

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Staker Points: 44887.12
TPS: 3125.505
Plays at : Pokerstars
Game of choice : NLHE MTTs.
Fav. Online Player : durrrr
Fav. Pro : Daniel Negreanu
TomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via MSN to TomPerez Send a message via Skype™ to TomPerez

Could anyone find more than 8 mistakes in puzzle 6? Also, the grid in 2, I almost had it, just couldn't make a 2 pair to be a pair.. I didn't even try to answer question 1 lol, too difficult for me lol. Also in 4, I just couldn't see the logic, and 3 was impossible lol. But I should have the rest correct lol

My blog is inactive again, check it out!

[9/23/2010 5:45:13 PM] mark withers: ha ur too smart to get levelled i fail
^^^^^^ Listen to this man. Many have tried, many have failed. Your tries are useless, for I am Erik, The Unlevelable!
Except for Sal, he did it

Old 02-16-2008, 04:52 PM
Surfers Event Winner x48
Elite Supernova Staker VII
Elite Supernova Horse III

WSOSP Winner x11
Sharkfin Winner x3
SNG Champion x2
After Dark Winner x4
Survivor Champion

Staker Points: 80854.48
TPS: 20526.89
Game of choice : NLHE, 5CD
Fav. Online Player : Frogman3
Fav. Pro : Marcel Luske
DrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via Skype™ to DrJustice

First of all i want to thank Venice, ouch and the puzzle contributors for giving me a headache for solving the puzzles.

I muchly appreciate all the effort so far

puzzle 1 was easy, after knowing the answer
puzzle 2 tried to solve it, but took to long to figure it out, good puzzle
puzzle 3 Couldn't figure it out, tried several scenario's no luck
puzzle 4 Wild guess
puzzle 5 Hope i got it, cant wait to read the answer
puzzle 6 Found 10, but the last were dificult, i could be wrong.
puzzle 7 How can you fold da nuts
puzzle 8 Nice puzzle, good to solve

Old 02-16-2008, 05:31 PM
Surfers Event Winner x48

WSOSP Winner x11
Sharkfin Winner x3
SNG Champion x2
After Dark Winner x4
Survivor Champion

DrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

Answers are posted on monday, please leave this honor to Ouch. I moved any posts containing suggestions or answers.

Last edited by DrJustice : 02-16-2008 at 05:33 PM.

Old 02-16-2008, 05:33 PM
White Water Surfer
Surfers Event Winner x19
Silver Supernova Staker
Elite Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner x4
Sharkfin Winner x8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJustice View Post
Answers are posted on monday, please leave this honor to Ouch.
i think it's alright to discuss the answers i can tell you now that there is at least 1 puzzle that no-one got right

awaiting funds

Old 02-16-2008, 05:36 PM
Surfers Event Winner x48

WSOSP Winner x11
Sharkfin Winner x3
SNG Champion x2
After Dark Winner x4
Survivor Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouchbadbeat View Post
i think it's alright to discuss the answers i can tell you now that there is at least 1 puzzle that no-one got right
Don't you want to reveal them yourself?
I personally thought you first want to reveal the answers, and then we get the discussions going

Well it is all up to you

Old 02-16-2008, 05:36 PM
Gold Level Staker
Gold Horse - Verified

Surfers Event Winner x4

Staker Points: 132.3
TPS: 119.62
Plays at : poker stars
rummy Poker Forum Expertrummy Poker Forum Expertrummy Poker Forum Expertrummy Poker Forum Expertrummy Poker Forum Expertrummy Poker Forum Expert

hey don't erase my post ouch said "Feel free to discuss the puzzles/answers here now"

Old 02-16-2008, 05:39 PM
Surfers Event Winner x48

WSOSP Winner x11
Sharkfin Winner x3
SNG Champion x2
After Dark Winner x4
Survivor Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rummy View Post
hey don't erase my post ouch said "Feel free to discuss the puzzles/answers here now"
Sorry didn't read it. I saw some answers and moved them as quick as i could. My bad, Move posts are quoted below partly in white.
Sorry again

Quote:
Originally Posted by rummy View Post
I found 10 don't know if they were right
1. Leave table and view lobby switched
2. there are cards in the empty seat
3. pot size = 480
4. at the top the blinds should be 15-30
5. sierra38 has to many chips
6 in the chat box info should be highlighted
7. in chat box it should say in 8 mins stakes 25-50 instead of 8 mins blinds 25-50
8. there are two 2 of spades
9. dall'italia's chip in front of him is messed up
10. top left the poker stars symble is upside down
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsoxNets5 View Post
ok well i will just let you know i am not the author of any puzzles so i think it should be alright for me to discuss them all. i hope it's okay that i am gonna say all the answers i got. here it is:
#1...i figured it had to be something poker related, but with the last letter being strange i couldn't figure it out. then i just decided to start with the first letter, and i was looking for major tourney winners, and i realized it was main event winners. Y for yang, G for gold, etc. so i looked up the past winners and it went all the way back to 1989, when the golden boy hellmuth won it. so i am pretty sure H was the answer.
i had no idea about number 2, didn't even submit a guess lol.
#3...this was probably wrong, but i just couldn't think of anything else, so for my answer i said that a deal was cut and the "champ" had already cut a deal that had him winning more cash, so the all in hand didn't really matter.
#4...no clue just guessed matusow lol.
#5...I am pretty sure that you need to prevent him from just picking up a royal flush, so you take all 4 aces. now that isn't all. because if you pick up 4 aces and a random card, he takes 4 kings and a random card. now, you can't make a royal flush, and he can make a king high straight flush, so you lose. so you would need to take 4 aces and one king. that way, if he picks up the 9-K SF, you can still pick up your royal flush, and he has no way to tie you since you threw away the other aces.
#6...I think i got about 8/10...I'm wondering how that is gonna be graded
#7...When you see the royal flush you automatically think big hand, but with ouch being the guy who made this contest, you gotta think triple draw
#8...I'm pretty good at math so this one wasn't too tough. i juts hope i read it right. If he doubles up 4 times, and on the 5th hand wins the tourney, and you need to find the smallest number possible to do so, you have to find what number multiplied by 2^4 (2x2x2x2, or 16), will be the closest to 5000 without being lower. so i pretty much just guessed and checked. 200 x 2^4? (i actually kept typing in the calculate #x2^4 instead of #x16 lol) well that is too low. 300 x 2^4? too low. 400 x 2^4? too high. so then id take 350 and do it. it had to end in an even digit so you gotta make sure you stick with that, and so the answer (at least i hope it is) was 314, because 314 x 2^4=5024, while 312 x 2^4=4992, and player A wouldn't be able to win the game with a 5008 to 4992 chip deficit.
i think this has been my longest post to date lol...good luck to everyone who entered.

Last edited by DrJustice : 02-16-2008 at 05:42 PM.

Old 02-16-2008, 05:39 PM
White Water Surfer
Surfers Event Winner x19
Silver Supernova Staker
Elite Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner x4
Sharkfin Winner x8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJustice View Post
Don't you want to reveal them yourself?
I personally thought you first want to reveal the answers, and then we get the discussions going

Well it is all up to you
i think a 2 day period of public discussion and wild speculation could be fun

perhaps if anyone wants to post what they think is an answer they could type
"SPOILER" and then post the answer in white writing: [ color=white] answers here [ /color]

ie
SPOILER:
i think the answer to question 1 was Q because Q sure is a funky letter.

awaiting funds

Old 02-16-2008, 06:07 PM
Elite Supernova Staker II
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

Staker Points: 21892.25
TPS: 9305.13
Plays at : pokerstars
jappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via MSN to jappie007

LONG SPOILER

the answer on the 5 carddraw question is not picking 4 aces .

since if you pick 4 aces, the other can pick 4 kings.

you obviously standpat,
though the best you can get is a striaghtflush 8 to Q since kings are out ..

as you have either 4 aces, or a straightflush to queen, he can just improve to a striaghtflush to king.. and win the pot.
give me some coments on this

the correct answer is 4 tens !! .. i found this answer as i was thinking of picking quads had to be the solution..

wheny you pick 4 10s, the best player 2 can get = a striaghtflush to 9, since for other striahgtflushes contain a T.

when he gets his striahgtflush, you can improve to a royalflush or something that beats his 9 high striaghtflush.

the other hand that has your TTTT beat is JJJJ and up, in which case you will improve your own cards to a striaghtflush till T. he can't beat that, since there are no higherstraightflushes without having a T in it

i was really proud on geting this answer..

on the champ doomed player question i answered the following.

since it says nowhere that this is a specific game, i figured it was a horse game. qhich just switched from razz to stud.

the doomed player didn't hear this, and he made the razz nuts, while champ made a royalflush.

on the 10 mistakes question(the nicest puzzle in my opinion) i found at least 9 mistakes, though 1 i foun can be counted for 2

first is the empty seat getting cards.
the second is the empty seat still having cards after the player on his left called the raise of the player on it's right ..

question 7 was pretty easy. this is obviously a game of 2-7 tripledraw lowball in which there is no worse hand than a royalflush

question 8 was pretty tricky, though i solved it with a trial and error session.

i found that 314 was the minimum. if he doubles his 314 5 times he has 10.048 this is the slightest cover of 10K.
as it had to be an even number, 313 wasn't possible, though that would be closer to 10K.
312 chips double dup 5 times would leave the unlucky player with some chips after those pots.

the max i found was 624 . this leaves unlucky pleayer with the fewest chips (without being eliminated) after 4 pots.

for all other questions i actually saw if i could get lucky lol

Last edited by jappie007 : 02-16-2008 at 06:10 PM.

Old 02-16-2008, 06:08 PM
White Water Surfer
Surfers Event Winner x19
Silver Supernova Staker
Elite Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner x4
Sharkfin Winner x8

jappie please put all answers in white text, in case some people don't want to read them

thanks

awaiting funds

Old 02-16-2008, 06:11 PM
Elite Supernova Staker II
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

Staker Points: 21892.25
TPS: 9305.13
Plays at : pokerstars
jappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via MSN to jappie007

wtf ouch wtf

i posted about 3 seconds ago, and i read your spoiler post. i go make my letters white, and i see your comment on my

mistake xD

posting bot you are

Old 02-16-2008, 06:13 PM
White Water Surfer
Surfers Event Winner x19
Silver Supernova Staker
Elite Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner x4
Sharkfin Winner x8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jappie007 View Post
wtf ouch wtf

i posted about 3 seconds ago, and i read your spoiler post. i go make my letters white, and i see your comment on my

mistake xD

posting bot you are
ah sorry, im just very impatient thanks for adding the color tags

awaiting funds

Old 02-16-2008, 08:33 PM
Surfers Event Winner x4
Gold Horse - Verified
Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x3

Staker Points: 3540.94
TPS: 294.175
Plays at : New Jersey
Game of choice : NLHE
RedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via AIM to RedsoxNets5 Send a message via Skype™ to RedsoxNets5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jappie007 View Post
LONG SPOILER

the answer on the 5 carddraw question is not picking 4 aces .

since if you pick 4 aces, the other can pick 4 kings.

you obviously standpat,
though the best you can get is a striaghtflush 8 to Q since kings are out ..

as you have either 4 aces, or a straightflush to queen, he can just improve to a striaghtflush to king.. and win the pot.
give me some coments on this

the correct answer is 4 tens !! .. i found this answer as i was thinking of picking quads had to be the solution..

wheny you pick 4 10s, the best player 2 can get = a striaghtflush to 9, since for other striahgtflushes contain a T.

when he gets his striahgtflush, you can improve to a royalflush or something that beats his 9 high striaghtflush.

the other hand that has your TTTT beat is JJJJ and up, in which case you will improve your own cards to a striaghtflush till T. he can't beat that, since there are no higherstraightflushes without having a T in it

i was really proud on geting this answer..

on the champ doomed player question i answered the following.

since it says nowhere that this is a specific game, i figured it was a horse game. qhich just switched from razz to stud.

the doomed player didn't hear this, and he made the razz nuts, while champ made a royalflush.

on the 10 mistakes question(the nicest puzzle in my opinion) i found at least 9 mistakes, though 1 i foun can be counted for 2

first is the empty seat getting cards.
the second is the empty seat still having cards after the player on his left called the raise of the player on it's right ..

question 7 was pretty easy. this is obviously a game of 2-7 tripledraw lowball in which there is no worse hand than a royalflush

question 8 was pretty tricky, though i solved it with a trial and error session.

i found that 314 was the minimum. if he doubles his 314 5 times he has 10.048 this is the slightest cover of 10K.
as it had to be an even number, 313 wasn't possible, though that would be closer to 10K.
312 chips double dup 5 times would leave the unlucky player with some chips after those pots.

the max i found was 624 . this leaves unlucky pleayer with the fewest chips (without being eliminated) after 4 pots.

for all other questions i actually saw if i could get lucky lol
jappie i think you might be right but i did not say just 4 aces, as you get 5 cards. 4 aces and 1 king. you definitely win that way too.

Old 02-18-2008, 03:45 AM
White Water Surfer
Surfers Event Winner x19
Silver Supernova Staker
Elite Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner x4
Sharkfin Winner x8

Just to let you know, I'll try and post the answers/poll in the next 2 hours

awaiting funds

Old 02-18-2008, 03:58 AM
Gold Staker - Verified
Silver Level Horse
Surfers Event Winner
WSOSP Winner

Staker Points: 379.49
TPS: 25.27
Fav. Online Player : Flop Sailor
Fav. Pro : Flop Sailor
Meatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of PokerMeatonabun Godlike Genius of Poker

#6 was fun, like Highlights magazine

Old 02-18-2008, 04:55 PM
Surfers Event Winner x4
Gold Horse - Verified
Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x3

Staker Points: 3540.94
TPS: 294.175
Plays at : New Jersey
RedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via AIM to RedsoxNets5 Send a message via Skype™ to RedsoxNets5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatonabun View Post
#6 was fun, like Highlights magazine
hahaha highlights! i love it

Poker Forum | Poker Staking

Poker Site Reviews
Titan Poker Pokerstars William Hill Bodog Carbon Poker Ladbrokes Party PokerCake Poker