Surfers Poker, Poker Forum

Go Back   Surfers Poker - Poker Forum > Tournaments and Staking > Tournaments and Events
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2008, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Staker Points: 22847.03
TPS: 5821.025
Fav. Online Player : I_Feel_Fine
Fav. Pro : Tony G, Sam Farha
Venice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
smallbluestar Feb/Mar/Apr Events Schedule

Remainder of Feb 2008

1. Mon 18th Feb until Wed 20th Feb - Team Event Captains applying/seconding/thirding (Captain Sign-up)
2. Thursay 21st Feb until Tuesday 11th Mar - Team Event Sign-up
3. Sunday 24th Feb 14:15 ET - Sunday215 No.1 (Sunday215)
4. Sunday 24th Feb 15:30 ET Jen's Freeroll (restricted to invitees)

March 2008

5. Sunday 2nd Mar 14:15 ET - Sunday215 No.2
6. Sunday 2nd Mar 14:45 ET - Surfers Poker Freeroll (Access to L1 members, Silver Level Stakers, Logo holders, and members who played the Sunday215 No.1, or currently playing Sunday215 No.2)
(Look out for the sign-up thread for this event)
7. Beginning March - Froetloep's Freeroll (restricted to invitees)
8. Sat 8th March - King of Bling Contest (Bling Holders only)
9. Sun 9th March 14:15 ET - Sunday215 No.3
10. Wed 12th March until Fri 14th Mar - Team Event Player Draft (Captains Pick)
11. Sat 15th March until Thurs 20th Mar - Get together in your teams
12. Sunday 16th Mar 14:15 ET - Sunday215 No.4
13. Mystery Contest
14. Fri 21st Mar 17:00 ET - Team Event - Game 1 (1 entrant per team)
15. Sat 22nd Mar 14:00 ET - Team Event - Game 2 (2 entrants per team)
16. Sat 22nd Mar 18:00 ET - Team Event - Game 3 (2 entrants per team)
17. Sun 23rd Mar 11:00 ET - Team Event - Game 4 (2 entrants per team)
18. Sun 23rd Mar 14:15 ET - Sunday215 No.5
19. Sun 23rd Mar 15:00 ET - Team Event - Game 5 (The Finale - 5 entrants per team)
20. Sun 30th Mar 14:15 ET - Sunday215 No.6 (last event)

Apr 2008

21. Wed 2nd Apr until Fri 4th Apr - VPs closed, and Proposals for Sunday Million accepted
22. Sat 5th Apr - Poker After Dark III starts - Game 1
23. Sat 5th Apr - Wed 9th Apr - Voting on the Sunday Million proposals
24. Sat 12th Apr - Poker After Dark III - Game 2
25. Sun 13th Apr - Poker After Dark III - Game 3 - Freeroll
25. Sun 13th Apr - Sunday215 - Sunday Million (for railers, and selected horse)
26. Sat 19th Apr - Poker After Dark III - Game 4
27. Sun 20th Apr - Poker After Dark III - Game 5
28. Sat 26th Apr - Poker After Dark III Final (Top players from the Poker After Dark League Table face-off)

There will be other one-off contests as well.
Just be nice and fold. Please. I will never ever bluff you again. Dont make me sit here for your whole time bank. Just dont. No. No. No. I cant stand it no longer. Just fold already. FOLD. FOLD. FOLD......Phewwww.
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in - Mark Twain

Surfers Poker - Featured Sites
Old 02-18-2008, 03:02 PM
Gold Level Staker
Gold Horse - Verified

Surfers Event Winner x4

Staker Points: 132.3
TPS: 119.62
Plays at : poker stars
rummy Poker Forum Expertrummy Poker Forum Expertrummy Poker Forum Expertrummy Poker Forum Expertrummy Poker Forum Expertrummy Poker Forum Expert

what are the buyins for the team event

Old 02-18-2008, 03:29 PM
Administrator

Staker Points: 22847.03
TPS: 5821.025
Fav. Online Player : I_Feel_Fine
Fav. Pro : Tony G, Sam Farha
Venice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by rummy View Post
what are the buyins for the team event
That's a tough question to answer, because it could go one of 3 ways.

All the low buy-ins we've done recently (Xmas Party, Poker After Dark II, Horse Championship, WSOSP III etc) have made Stars reluctant to give us any more "low rakers" for a while (ie $1.10s and $2.20s)

Therefore Poker After Dark III will almost definately be on Full Tilt, similar to Poker After Dark I, where I added $25 to each event ($1.50 buy-ins). Full Tilt are far more cooperative.

The Team Event will either be $5.50s (each player needing about $11 in available backroll) on Stars, or will have to be on Full Tilt (back-up plan). The third way it could go, is that Stars could be nice to us and say ok you can have $2.20s. My first thoughts are that $5.50s could be the route, with me adding around $50. Team Bankroll Management will obviously then be a factor.

Until I have conversed more fully with Stars (only a few emails so far) I do not know for sure. I intend on phoning them for a longer chat on the subject. When I know for sure, then I will post details, but for now I would have it in mind to need at least $11 spare bankroll for it, to be on the safe side.
Just be nice and fold. Please. I will never ever bluff you again. Dont make me sit here for your whole time bank. Just dont. No. No. No. I cant stand it no longer. Just fold already. FOLD. FOLD. FOLD......Phewwww.
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in - Mark Twain

Old 03-15-2008, 04:57 PM
Verified Member
Surfers Event Winner x3
WSOSP Winner

Staker Points: 0
TPS: 7.35
zaqmlp Best Poker Forum Member Contender

When do we find out more about the Mystery Contest, lucky #13 in Venice's post?

Is it scheduled for between Sunday March 16 and Friday March 21?

milindbhat (mounds view) on pokerstars
psoDYftp on full tilt
rbnDYcake on Cake

Proud team member of SPOT Surfers Paradise of Talent

Poker Forum | Poker Staking

Poker Site Reviews
Titan Poker Pokerstars William Hill Bodog Carbon Poker Ladbrokes Party PokerCake Poker