Surfers Poker, Poker Forum

Go Back   Surfers Poker - Poker Forum > Poker Forums Area > Poker Strategy and Tips
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2015, 07:29 AM
Surfers Event Winner
Gold Level Horse
Gold Level Staker

WSOSP Winner

Staker Points: 241.34
TPS: 77.185
Plays at : America's Cardroom
Game of choice : Hold'em
Fav. Online Player : I don't know anymore
Robofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of Poker
Send a message via Skype™ to Robofriven
Default Super Aggressive opponents

Alright, so I found another spot that I'm not so comfortable in my game today. I have no idea how to deal with super aggressive opponents. I know I need to wait till I get a big hand and then have them pay me off, but it's difficult for me to tell exactly if my hand is big enough when he will check-raise the flop with air or 3/4 bet almost anything preflop.

So my question is, what's a good way to deal with players like these? I know there has to be a TON of value with this sort of lagtard play, I just don't know how to unlock it. I ended up leaving this game just so I could find the more passive calling station fish that I'm more used to, the variance is lower and I know how to deal with them. Thanks for the help!

Here is a hand from the player in question. I don't care about the result, it's just a good example of his play.

***** Hand History for Game 1111111111 ***** (WPN)
$2.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Thursday, October 22, 02:23:51 ET 2015
Table Elenite PRR (Real Money)
Seat 4: Player4 ( $2.85 USD ) - VPIP: 75, PFR: 33, 3B: 22, AF: 5.4, Hands: 60
Seat 6: Hero ( $2.10 USD ) - VPIP: 19, PFR: 12, 3B: 4, AF: 2.8, Hands: 3613
Player4 posts small blind [$0.01 USD].
Player5 posts big blind [$0.02 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ 7c 7d ]
Hero raises [$0.06 USD]
Player2 folds
Player3 folds
Player4 calls [$0.05 USD]
Player5 folds
** Dealing Flop ** [ 7s, 2c, Qd ]
Player4 checks
Hero bets [$0.07 USD]
Player4 raises [$0.35 USD]
Hero calls [$0.28 USD]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 6s ]
...rest of game doesn't matter

America's Cardroom ID: Robofriven

Surfers Poker - Featured Sites
Old 10-23-2015, 11:05 AM
Surfers Event Winner x48
Elite Supernova Staker VII
Elite Supernova Horse III

WSOSP Winner x11
Sharkfin Winner x3
SNG Champion x2
After Dark Winner x4
Survivor Champion

Staker Points: 79447.36
TPS: 20526.89
Plays at : Pokerstars
Game of choice : NLHE, 5CD
Fav. Online Player : Frogman3
Fav. Pro : Marcel Luske
DrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via Skype™ to DrJustice

The rest of the hand does quiet matter, because so far you opted to flat his c/r, which in my opinion is the right way to approach a situation vs super aggro player. But his sizing is kinda steep. Anyways you let him bet and you call the turn again and then you shove the river probably. I guess we could call river if its like 8s,9s,Ts. To have some damage control if he hit really good.

If there is a very aggro player which is involved in a lot of pots 45 out of 60. Then i would advice you to play a slightly wide range of hands in position if its cheap. Defend the blinds wider if villian in question isn't last to action, unless villian 3bets too big. Call down for showdown value (a little bit more passive) or if you hit your hands play it aggro on turn/river.

Old 10-23-2015, 11:42 AM
Surfers Event Winner
Gold Level Horse
Gold Level Staker

WSOSP Winner

Staker Points: 241.34
TPS: 77.185
Plays at : America's Cardroom
Game of choice : Hold'em
Fav. Online Player : I don't know anymore
Robofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of Poker
Send a message via Skype™ to Robofriven

The only reason I put the hand up was to demonstrate his aggression. but he bet on the turn, I called. River was 4s, he checked the river, I shoved, he called and runner runnered a straight flush holding 35s and had check raised me with air on the flop. I didn't want to put the result up as my question wasn't regarding the results of that hand as much as how to deal with a player like that in general as it felt like nothing I did was right.

If someone would raise pre he'd 3 bet, if I would c-bet he'd raise or check raise. I tried widening my range against him but had to fold on the flop over and over again so much after missing that I felt like I was just leaking money at him and finally got up and found a better table. I could have waited until I finally hit, but he was so aggressive that I was never sure that anything less than 2 pair was good.

America's Cardroom ID: Robofriven

Old 10-23-2015, 05:40 PM
Surfers Event Winner x2
Silver Supernova Staker - Verified

Staker Points: 2163.77
TPS: 144.03
Plays at : No where, thrown out
Game of choice : nl holdem
Fav. Online Player : Testical McGee
Fav. Pro : Big Poppa
Willtakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker ForumWilltakem Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via Yahoo to Willtakem Send a message via Skype™ to Willtakem

if you are against aggressive players be ready to experience stack swings....I forget who it was but he was asked how he was going to outplay tom dwan. he just said , I don't have to outplay him i just have to wait for him...it was Chan..you are not going to like every game you sit at so you did the best thing and found another one suitable to your play..that was the best decision in all of this..move when you ain't comfortable...

Poker Forum | Poker Staking

Poker Site Reviews
Titan Poker Pokerstars William Hill Bodog Carbon Poker Ladbrokes Party PokerCake Poker