Go Back   Surfers Poker - Poker Forum > Poker Forums Area > Poker Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2008, 06:37 PM
Administrator

Staker Points: 22847.03
TPS: 5821.025
Fav. Online Player : I_Feel_Fine
Fav. Pro : Tony G, Sam Farha
Venice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
smallgreenstar Player Biographies

I thought it would be nice to have a section of poker player biographies on Surfers. Therefore I have decided to turn it into a little contest

Guidelines

Do general research of the player, and make some written notes. Further research any lines/angles or details you find particularly interesting. Then write the biography of the player in your own words. DO NOT COPY and PASTE anything from any other site. Not even a single sentence. I will be checking thoroughly.

Who to do the biography on?

Any major poker player. Preferably someone with high winnings, big events wins, and/or a colorful past. It can be an online player, but, if so, they must be a big baller.

How to enter

PM me the name(s) of who you are doing. I will post the names in this thread (dont post yourself) so people know who has been "taken" or "bagged"

Time Line

Biographies to be PM'd before 11:00 ET on 15th April. Voting will take place a few days after the deadline.

Voting

Every member with 20+ posts will be allowed 5 votes (ie 5x1). They can vote for their own article.

Rules

Once again, do not copy and paste anything from anywhere else on the web. Bans/demotions will happen for those that do.

You can enter as many times as you want, and you will be eligible to win mulitple prizes (potentially all of the prizes!)

You may only "bag" 3 names at once. Eg If you send me a PM with 3 names, you will only be able to give more names once the biographies of those 3 have been received. This is to stop people monopolising loads of the top players but then only delivering on a few

Members must use all 5 of their votes (eg they cant just vote for their own 2 articles and leave it at that)

Prizes

1st $15
2nd $10
3rd $8
4th $6
5th $4
6th $3
7th $2
8th $1

(Multiple wins from the same person are allowed)

Good Luck to those who enter
Just be nice and fold. Please. I will never ever bluff you again. Dont make me sit here for your whole time bank. Just dont. No. No. No. I cant stand it no longer. Just fold already. FOLD. FOLD. FOLD......Phewwww.
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in - Mark Twain

Surfers Poker - Featured Sites
Old 02-22-2008, 06:40 PM
Banned

Staker Points: 
TPS: 
Game of choice : NL Holdem
turok64 Best Poker Forum Member Contender

Can i do one on Venice?

Old 02-22-2008, 06:48 PM
Administrator

Venice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok64 View Post
Can i do one on Venice?
With the absence of any of my online poker IDs that may be difficult

If you come to rail me now, I will give you a "chat box interview" to get you started. See you in 5 mins
Just be nice and fold. Please. I will never ever bluff you again. Dont make me sit here for your whole time bank. Just dont. No. No. No. I cant stand it no longer. Just fold already. FOLD. FOLD. FOLD......Phewwww.
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in - Mark Twain

Old 02-22-2008, 06:49 PM
Administrator

1st Bag (ie names taken by a one member)

Scotty Nguyen
Doyle Brunson
Daniel Negreanu

Old 02-22-2008, 06:50 PM
Administrator

2nd Bag

Allen Cunningham
Eli Elezra
Gus Hansen

Old 02-23-2008, 02:06 PM
Administrator

3rd Bag

Stu Unger
Freddie Deeb

Old 02-23-2008, 04:12 PM
Administrator

4th bag

- Marcel Luske
- Rob Hollink
- Johny Chan

Old 02-23-2008, 04:16 PM
Banned

Staker Points: 
TPS: 
watchout18 Poker Forum Rookie

really neat idea.

can't wait to see what some people come up with

Old 02-24-2008, 03:39 PM
Administrator

5th Bag

phil ivey
mike matusow
phil hellmuth

Old 02-24-2008, 03:40 PM
Administrator

6th Bag

Sammy Farha

Old 02-24-2008, 06:31 PM
Banned

Staker Points: 
TPS: 
Game of choice : NL Holdem
turok64 Best Poker Forum Member Contender

7th bag
venice

Old 03-05-2008, 04:50 PM
Administrator

Full List of Players already taken

Scotty Nguyen
Doyle Brunson
Daniel Negreanu
Allen Cunningham
Eli Elezra
Gus Hansen
Stu Unger
Freddie Deeb
Marcel Luske
Rob Hollink
Johnny Chan
phil ivey
mike matusow
phil hellmuth
Sammy Farha

Old 03-05-2008, 04:56 PM
Administrator

8th Bag

Noah Boeken
Phil laak

Old 03-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Silver Horse - Verified

Staker Points: 95.12
TPS: 46.16
Plays at : Pokerstars/FullTilt
Game of choice : NL Texas Holdem
Fav. Online Player : Noah Boeken
Fav. Pro : Noah Boeken
Craxer Poker Forum ExpertCraxer Poker Forum ExpertCraxer Poker Forum ExpertCraxer Poker Forum ExpertCraxer Poker Forum Expert

are pictures and movies a possibility, i know you can insert them ( youtube),
how's that with pictures?

Old 03-06-2008, 03:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxer View Post
are pictures and movies a possibility, i know you can insert them ( youtube),
how's that with pictures?
Probably not movies (this time around). But pictures are ok

Make sure they are no bigger than 10cm wide.
I will PM you an email address to send them to.

Old 03-10-2008, 04:57 PM
Administrator

5 days left for biography submissions. I got the first biography through today, so that has a monopoly on 1st place at present.

Old 03-10-2008, 05:10 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Silver Supernova Staker
Elite Supernova Horse - Verified
Sharkfin Winner

Staker Points: 4974.33
TPS: 10415.99
Plays at : Stars, FTP, 888, Ipo
Game of choice : Omaha H/L, NLHE
Fav. Pro : Negreanu
no1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Poker

5 days left? The thread says anytime before 11th April??? Im confused?

no1yidmax

Old 03-10-2008, 05:11 PM
Administrator

yes, correct 1 month and 5 days. I have it written down as March, but we will stick to what I posted in post #1 (ie 15th April deadline)

9th Bagsy of some players
Jenny Harman, Chris Moneymaker, Greg Raymer,

Which mean the Full List of Players already taken is now...

Scotty Nguyen
Doyle Brunson
Daniel Negreanu
Allen Cunningham
Eli Elezra
Gus Hansen
Stu Unger
Freddie Deeb
Marcel Luske
Rob Hollink
Johnny Chan
phil ivey
mike matusow
phil hellmuth
Sammy Farha
Noah Boeken
Phil laak
Jenny Harman
Chris Moneymaker
Greg Raymer

Old 03-14-2008, 09:15 AM
Surfers Event Winner x5
Elite Supernova Staker II
Silver Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner x3

Staker Points: 30339.75
TPS: 2710.72
Plays at : Home
Game of choice : Holdem
Fav. Online Player : Prolly VLC
Fav. Pro : Daniel Negreanu
LeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

I'm looking forward to reading some of these.

Wish I had time to make one.

Old 04-10-2008, 03:14 PM
Administrator

5 days left.

So far I have 3 submissions. Easy money for those 3 at present, considering 8 places get paid.

Old 04-10-2008, 04:36 PM
Silver Horse - Verified

Staker Points: 95.12
TPS: 46.16
Plays at : Pokerstars/FullTilt
Game of choice : NL Texas Holdem
Fav. Online Player : Noah Boeken
Fav. Pro : Noah Boeken
Craxer Poker Forum ExpertCraxer Poker Forum ExpertCraxer Poker Forum ExpertCraxer Poker Forum ExpertCraxer Poker Forum Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venice View Post
5 days left.

So far I have 3 submissions. Easy money for those 3 at present, considering 8 places get paid.
Venice how long do you exspect to be those Biographies?
And since my main langauge is not english, could anyone perhaps check out spelling mistakes when i'm done

Last edited by Craxer : 04-10-2008 at 04:38 PM.

Old 04-13-2008, 02:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxer View Post
Venice how long do you exspect to be those Biographies?
And since my main langauge is not english, could anyone perhaps check out spelling mistakes when i'm done
In the ballpark of 200-400 words (no problem if longer, but not shorter)

2 days left for this

Old 04-13-2008, 02:43 PM
Verified Member
Surfers Event Winner x8
Sharkfin Winner
After Dark Winner

Staker Points: 57.96
TPS: 9.71
Plays at : AC or Full Tilt
Game of choice : Razz
Fav. Online Player : Ummm... me?
Fav. Pro : Gus Hansen
bj316 Poker Forum Living Legendbj316 Poker Forum Living Legendbj316 Poker Forum Living Legendbj316 Poker Forum Living Legendbj316 Poker Forum Living Legendbj316 Poker Forum Living Legendbj316 Poker Forum Living Legendbj316 Poker Forum Living Legendbj316 Poker Forum Living Legend
Send a message via AIM to bj316

Wow... completely forgot about this... guess I have some work to do. Any format you prefer for the bio?

Old 04-13-2008, 03:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj316 View Post
Wow... completely forgot about this... guess I have some work to do. Any format you prefer for the bio?
Anything really. Keep it as interesting as possible to the reader.

10th Bagsy of some players

1. Tom Dwan
2. Victoria Coren
3. The Hendon Mob

Old 04-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Administrator

1 day left for submissions.

5 received so far.

8 prizes available.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:16 PM
Administrator

About 5 hours left

I have received about 7 so far

Old 04-15-2008, 02:11 PM
Administrator

11th Bagsy

Joseph Hachem
Eric Seidel
Annette_15

Old 04-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Administrator

12th Bagsy

Barry Greenstein

About 3 hours 20 mins left

Old 04-15-2008, 05:32 PM
Administrator

30 mins until submissions close

Poker Forum | Poker Staking

Poker Site Reviews
Titan Poker Pokerstars William Hill Bodog Carbon Poker Ladbrokes Party PokerCake Poker