Go Back   Surfers Poker - Poker Forum > Poker Forums Area > Poker Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2007, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Staker Points: 22847.03
TPS: 5821.025
Fav. Online Player : I_Feel_Fine
Fav. Pro : Tony G, Sam Farha
Venice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Default How do I do this

1) How do I add a picture to my Surfers Poker ID?

A :- User CP - Edit Avatar - Use Custom Avatar - Click Browse and find the picture - Save Changes

(Please note you can only amend your profile and add a picture if you have 3+ posts)

2) How do I add a signature to my ID ?

A :- User CP - Edit Signature - Do you signature - Click Save Signature

(Note, no external links in your signature please)

3) How do I do a Screenshot ?

Press Alt and Prt Sc (when the window you want to screenshot is active)
Paste into Paintbrush/Paint. (Cut it down to size from here if you wish <-- often a good idea)
Save the picture, giving it a name and changing the extension to 'jpg'
Come to Surfers Poker.
Make a post/thread here as normal.
Before you submit the post/thread, Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click 'manage attachments'.
Upload the screen shot you have just saved.
Finish post as normal by pressing Submit Reply.

For more detailed help see here

4) How do I keep track of threads I have posted in?

i) you can click 'User CP'. I have set this up so you that the threads you have replied in appear here, until you have read them.

ii) You can browse through the forums. Threads you have posted in have a blue tick by them. (NB all threads with new posts in them that you havent viewed will appear in bold)

5) What is reputation, and how do I give it?

The reputation system is now live. The green bars in the top right of your ID show your reputation level. You can see specific reputation you receive by looking in 'User CP'.

To give reputation just click on the Scales symbol in the top right of the post you want to give the reputation for. You can also leave a comment here as well.

For more details see here :- Reputation

6) How do I get entry into the Green Room?

Only members with 500+ quality posts are considered. The members previous posts are reviewed first. If they are considered a good quality member then they get Green Room permissions added to their ID. As a general guideline the 500 posts have to be outside of the Staking Forum, and outside of The Beach, and be non-one-liners. Therefore often people may not be considered until much higher than 500 on their actual count.

Being nominated by an existing Green Room member is also essential to getting in.

7) How do I get the password for the upcoming freeroll?

Have a look here as a starting point if you are a brand new member :- Looking for Passwords

8) How do I get to see the Passwords earlier than the freeroll whores?

Members with over 50 quality posts will be considered for access to the 'Password Early Release' Forum. This access gets manually enabled on your ID if you are eligble. There is also an even higher level of password release called 'Top Level PERF'. These levels are also commonly refered to as Level 1 and Level 2. For full details read here :- Forum List

9) How do I do multiple quotes?

Press the "+ button (bottom right corner) on each post you want to quote. Then click the 'Quote' button (bottom right) on the last post you want to quote.

10) How do I insert youtube videos?

If the video reference is 'xYzyzaaabbb'

Then type the following :- [abctube]xYzyzaaabbb[/abctube]

Replacing 'abctube' with 'youtube'

11) How does the staking work?

Have a read of the 'sticky' threads at the top of the 'Staking Rules, Guidelines, and Questions' forum. This link gives you the best introduction to staking :- Staking Intro and Guidelines

12) How do I set up a stake for others?

Have a look here :- Stakers

13) How do I contact a moderator?

If you need to report a post to a moderator, or get a post moved, etc then:

Click the 'Report Post' icon in the top right hand corner of the post. A box will appear for you to write your message to a mod.

14) Things are so busy, how do I follow what's happening?

Either click on the main forums and see the latest topics listed in order, or there is a "New Posts" button on the navigation bar. This can be useful to keep track of all the most recently updated/created topics.

Surfers Poker - Featured Sites

Poker Forum | Poker Staking

Poker Site Reviews
Titan Poker Pokerstars William Hill Bodog Carbon Poker Ladbrokes Party PokerCake Poker