Surfers Poker, Poker Forum

Go Back   Surfers Poker - Poker Forum > Poker Forums Area > Poker News and Stories
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2009, 05:29 PM
Surfers Event Winner x28
Elite Supernova Staker
WSOSP Winner x5
SNG Champion
Sharkfin Winner x2

Staker Points: 22183.18
TPS: 81.7
Game of choice : No Limit Holdem
RiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Default Tom “durrrr” Dwan's Million Dollar Challenge

Bluff Magazine recently leaked the following info which will accompany their February cover story on Dwan:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluff Magazine

Tom “durrrr” Dwan:

“I’m making this heads-up challenge to the world. Anyone can accept. Four tables, minimum of $200/$400, and I’ll put up $1.5 million to their $500,000. We play 50,000 hands minimum and if they end up a dollar after rake they keep the side money or whatever. So basically, if you and I played and you won a dollar, you would get my $1.5 million and if I won a dollar I would win your $500,000.

“So I’m giving a million dollars free if anyone thinks they can do it.”
Apparently this info wasn't supposed to be released before February, but there you have it.

There's already been a lot of discussion about this with the current favorites to accept the challenge being Patrick Antonius, Phil Ivey, Urindanger (an account apparently shared by two brothers - Hi Dang and Hac Dang) and trex313 (possibly also Hac Dang). What about Phil "OMGClayAiken" Galfond? you ask... See below.

Dwan posted some clarifications on the 2+2 forums:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom “durrrr” Dwan on 2+2

1) 200-400min (nl/plo obv)
2) can change tables anytime eff stacks are >250bb
3) have to reload when stacks are <75bb
4) $$ won in the challenge is kept obv (if i win 750k in poker, i get that PLUS your 500k- if i lose 750k in poker you get 2.25m total).
5) same stakes the whole time
6) not open to phil galfond"
If they were playing 500 hands per hour 4-tabling, that would be 100 hours.

This should be an interesting story to follow.

Any takers?

Surfers Poker - Featured Sites
Old 01-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Surfers Event Winner x5
Elite Supernova Staker II
Silver Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner x3

Staker Points: 30339.75
TPS: 2710.72
Plays at : Home
Game of choice : Holdem
Fav. Online Player : Prolly VLC
Fav. Pro : Daniel Negreanu
LeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumLeafsFan1122 Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

I'll pass.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Surfers Event Winner x48
Elite Supernova Staker VII
Elite Supernova Horse III

WSOSP Winner x11
Sharkfin Winner x3
SNG Champion x2
After Dark Winner x4
Survivor Champion

Staker Points: 80854.48
TPS: 20526.89
Plays at : Pokerstars
Game of choice : NLHE, 5CD
Fav. Online Player : Frogman3
Fav. Pro : Marcel Luske
DrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via Skype™ to DrJustice

Nice challenge, he is giving everyone really good odds in this bet.
I am very interested to see how this gets finished.
But playing 50k hands, wow that is just crazyness, gonna be long sessions.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Surfers Event Winner x4
Gold Horse - Verified
Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x3

Staker Points: 3540.94
TPS: 294.175
Plays at : New Jersey
Game of choice : NLHE
RedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRedsoxNets5 Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via AIM to RedsoxNets5 Send a message via Skype™ to RedsoxNets5

anybody wanna lend me five hundred thousand dollars?

Old 01-04-2009, 06:29 PM
Surfers Event Winner x8
Silver Supernova Horse
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x2
Sharkfin Winner
SNG Champion

Staker Points: 3266.9799999999996
TPS: 1611.625
Plays at : Online
Game of choice : Omaha Hi-Lo
Fav. Online Player : where's KT?
Fav. Pro : Venice
PB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

how many will apply to this?

it will certainly be a separate major event in poker this year

lotzamoneyz up for grabs

Where's KT?

Old 01-04-2009, 06:30 PM
Surfers Event Winner x4
Platinum Horse - Verified
Supernova Staker
Sharkfin Winner

Staker Points: 854.92
TPS: 357.255
Game of choice : Chicago-hi
shimozukawa Godlike Genius of Pokershimozukawa Godlike Genius of Pokershimozukawa Godlike Genius of Pokershimozukawa Godlike Genius of Pokershimozukawa Godlike Genius of Pokershimozukawa Godlike Genius of Pokershimozukawa Godlike Genius of Pokershimozukawa Godlike Genius of Pokershimozukawa Godlike Genius of Pokershimozukawa Godlike Genius of Pokershimozukawa Godlike Genius of Pokershimozukawa Godlike Genius of Pokershimozukawa Godlike Genius of Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsoxNets5 View Post
anybody wanna lend me five hundred thousand dollars?
How good are you at PLO? And what's the juice?

Old 01-04-2009, 06:48 PM
Gold Staker - Verified
Supernova Elite Horse

Surfers Event Winner x4
WSOSP Winner
Sharkfin Winner x3

Staker Points: 6857.9
TPS: 1201.37
Plays at : PokerStars
Fav. Online Player : AltyAA
Fav. Pro : Michael DeMichelle
Lapch0ng Godlike Genius of PokerLapch0ng Godlike Genius of PokerLapch0ng Godlike Genius of PokerLapch0ng Godlike Genius of PokerLapch0ng Godlike Genius of PokerLapch0ng Godlike Genius of PokerLapch0ng Godlike Genius of PokerLapch0ng Godlike Genius of PokerLapch0ng Godlike Genius of PokerLapch0ng Godlike Genius of PokerLapch0ng Godlike Genius of PokerLapch0ng Godlike Genius of PokerLapch0ng Godlike Genius of PokerLapch0ng Godlike Genius of Poker
Send a message via MSN to Lapch0ng Send a message via Skype™ to Lapch0ng

someone stake me plz... ill crush this noob/donk game

Old 01-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Gold Horse - Verified
WSOSP Winner

Staker Points: 17.38
TPS: 150.835
Plays at : Full tilt
Game of choice : 2-7 single draw/razz
Fav. Pro : David Williams
lazare Poker Forum Living Legendlazare Poker Forum Living Legendlazare Poker Forum Living Legendlazare Poker Forum Living Legendlazare Poker Forum Living Legendlazare Poker Forum Living Legendlazare Poker Forum Living Legendlazare Poker Forum Living Legendlazare Poker Forum Living Legend
Send a message via AIM to lazare Send a message via Yahoo to lazare Send a message via Skype™ to lazare

I'm in.
folding AA isn't really smart to do... when you up to KK or QQ ( witch is most likely) it's almost a 50-50 change of winning... but if there isn't comming a A, K, or Q you are alway's good with AA... so never FOLD AA again unless you don't play for first place !

Old 01-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Administrator

Staker Points: 22847.03
TPS: 5821.025
Fav. Online Player : I_Feel_Fine
Fav. Pro : Tony G, Sam Farha
Venice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

Quote:
6) not open to phil galfond
There's no point making a dramatic challenge if you dont accept all comers. Challenges like this are a lot about ego and the belief that no one has an edge on you in a particular discipline. Fear has no place here.
Just be nice and fold. Please. I will never ever bluff you again. Dont make me sit here for your whole time bank. Just dont. No. No. No. I cant stand it no longer. Just fold already. FOLD. FOLD. FOLD......Phewwww.
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in - Mark Twain

Old 01-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Gold Horse - Verified
Surfers Event Winner

Staker Points: 34.55
TPS: 106.865
Game of choice : NL Holdem/Omaha H/L
pokehermaster12 Poker Forum Expertpokehermaster12 Poker Forum Expertpokehermaster12 Poker Forum Expertpokehermaster12 Poker Forum Expertpokehermaster12 Poker Forum Expertpokehermaster12 Poker Forum Expert

durrrrrrrrrrrr got powned by venice

Pokerstars name: Ruaidhrí12
Full Tilt name: Pokehermaster12

Old 01-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Banned

Staker Points: 7.95
TPS: 15.86
Plays at : Fulltilt
Game of choice : Holden nl
Fav. Online Player : Phil Ivey
Fav. Pro : Chris Ferguson
Destruc0929 Best Poker Forum Member Contender
Send a message via AIM to Destruc0929

Haha thats so sweet

Old 01-04-2009, 08:20 PM
Surfers Event Winner x3
Gold Staker - Verified
WSOSP Winner x2

Staker Points: 740.52
TPS: 255.9
Plays at : live
deathcard71 Godlike Genius of Pokerdeathcard71 Godlike Genius of Pokerdeathcard71 Godlike Genius of Pokerdeathcard71 Godlike Genius of Pokerdeathcard71 Godlike Genius of Pokerdeathcard71 Godlike Genius of Pokerdeathcard71 Godlike Genius of Pokerdeathcard71 Godlike Genius of Pokerdeathcard71 Godlike Genius of Pokerdeathcard71 Godlike Genius of Pokerdeathcard71 Godlike Genius of Pokerdeathcard71 Godlike Genius of Pokerdeathcard71 Godlike Genius of Pokerdeathcard71 Godlike Genius of Pokerdeathcard71 Godlike Genius of Pokerdeathcard71 Godlike Genius of Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokehermaster12 View Post
durrrrrrrrrrrr got powned by venice
my thoughts, exactly!

Old 01-04-2009, 08:22 PM
Banned
After Dark Winner

Staker Points: 1601.49
TPS: 144.305
Plays at : dont....
veidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via Skype™ to veidtmeister

total bull sh.ip....at thirty seconds per hand, that would be 52 days at 8 hours per day....

bull

Old 01-04-2009, 08:25 PM
Surfers Event Winner x34
Silver Supernova Horse - Verified
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x5
Survivor Champion x3
Sharkfin Winner x15
Pro Tour Winner
After Dark Winner

Staker Points: 3732.6
TPS: 1641.68
Plays at : stars
Fav. Online Player : KevinThorn
Fav. Pro : PB-SP-SC
kevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forumkevinthorn Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via MSN to kevinthorn

Talked to my accountant about this apparently that kind of loan isn't generally profitable for them so i'm not sure what i'm gonna do...maybe set up a brothel to raise the funds -_- can crush this donk @ PLO

Old 01-04-2009, 08:25 PM
Surfers Event Winner x3
Gold Staker - Verified
WSOSP Winner x2

deathcard71 Godlike Genius of Pokerdeathcard71 Godlike Genius of Pokerdeathcard71 Godlike Genius of Pokerdeathcard71 Godlike Genius of Pokerdeathcard71 Godlike Genius of Pokerdeathcard71 Godlike Genius of Pokerdeathcard71 Godlike Genius of Pokerdeathcard71 Godlike Genius of Pokerdeathcard71 Godlike Genius of Pokerdeathcard71 Godlike Genius of Pokerdeathcard71 Godlike Genius of Pokerdeathcard71 Godlike Genius of Pokerdeathcard71 Godlike Genius of Pokerdeathcard71 Godlike Genius of Pokerdeathcard71 Godlike Genius of Pokerdeathcard71 Godlike Genius of Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by veidtmeister View Post
total bull sh.ip....at thirty seconds per hand, that would be 52 days at 8 hours per day....

bull
its heads up, they can play faster than 120 hands/hr... probably near 200-250/hr. would be my guess.
and don't forget to figure in 4-tables.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:28 PM
Banned
After Dark Winner

Staker Points: 1601.49
TPS: 144.305
Plays at : dont....
veidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via Skype™ to veidtmeister

so, six and a half days....damn

Old 01-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Surfers Event Winner x3
Gold Staker - Verified
WSOSP Winner x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by veidtmeister View Post
so, six and a half days....damn
I'm sry... did you want your million tonight?

Old 01-04-2009, 09:45 PM
Surfers Event Winner
WSOSP Winner

Staker Points: 13988.5
TPS: 0.9
Plays at : online
Game of choice : NL holdem
Fav. Online Player : i have a few
Fav. Pro : phil ivey
evechad Poker Forum Living Legendevechad Poker Forum Living Legendevechad Poker Forum Living Legendevechad Poker Forum Living Legendevechad Poker Forum Living Legendevechad Poker Forum Living Legendevechad Poker Forum Living Legendevechad Poker Forum Living Legendevechad Poker Forum Living Legend

theres no way phil ivey wont do this imo

Old 01-04-2009, 10:18 PM
Banned
Reason: Theft

Staker Points: 1140.19
TPS: 1128.765
Game of choice : 8 Game
Fav. Online Player : badbeatman06
Fav. Pro : Phil Hellmuth
LordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of Poker
Send a message via AIM to LordV27 Send a message via MSN to LordV27 Send a message via Skype™ to LordV27

Durrrr Vs Venice; Winner = LordV27

Old 01-04-2009, 10:48 PM
Silver Supernova Horse
Elite Supernova Staker III

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Staker Points: 44887.12
TPS: 3125.505
Game of choice : NLHE MTTs.
Fav. Online Player : durrrr
TomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via MSN to TomPerez Send a message via Skype™ to TomPerez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venice View Post
There's no point making a dramatic challenge if you dont accept all comers. Challenges like this are a lot about ego and the belief that no one has an edge on you in a particular discipline. Fear has no place here.
I think it's a joke more than anything, if I was Phil Galfond I'd definitely ask him about this though..

My blog is inactive again, check it out!

[9/23/2010 5:45:13 PM] mark withers: ha ur too smart to get levelled i fail
^^^^^^ Listen to this man. Many have tried, many have failed. Your tries are useless, for I am Erik, The Unlevelable!
Except for Sal, he did it

Old 01-04-2009, 11:03 PM

Staker Points: 
TPS: 
Game of choice : 2-7 TD
gunnerforrest Poker Forum Living Legendgunnerforrest Poker Forum Living Legendgunnerforrest Poker Forum Living Legendgunnerforrest Poker Forum Living Legendgunnerforrest Poker Forum Living Legendgunnerforrest Poker Forum Living Legendgunnerforrest Poker Forum Living Legendgunnerforrest Poker Forum Living Legendgunnerforrest Poker Forum Living Legend

Not sure why Galfond isn't invited. According to table ratings durrr has won over $700k from OMGClayAiken.

xhttp://www.pokertableratings.com/overview/durrrr

If anything he wouldn't allow Benyamine, who is he's lost over $900k to.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:44 AM
Platinum Horse - Verified
Silver Supernova Staker

Staker Points: 3071.46
TPS: 244.82
Plays at : Cake. Yes, Cake.
Game of choice : The one with cards
Fav. Online Player : Not You
Fav. Pro : The '11 WSOPME Champ
UFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of PokerUFCWatcher Godlike Genius of Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venice View Post
Venice= Phil Galfond, IMO.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:53 AM

Staker Points: 
TPS: 
Plays at : stars
Game of choice : NL holdem
Fav. Online Player : brian townsend
Fav. Pro : too many
niceguy1986 Poker Forum Expertniceguy1986 Poker Forum Expertniceguy1986 Poker Forum Expertniceguy1986 Poker Forum Expertniceguy1986 Poker Forum Expertniceguy1986 Poker Forum Expert

durr is an arrogant ass this just solidifies that. i hope someone shuts him up.

Old 01-05-2009, 01:34 AM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

Staker Points: 5593.02
TPS: 0
Game of choice : Omaha Hi
PhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living Legend
Send a message via AIM to PhenixRising Send a message via Yahoo to PhenixRising

Quote:
Originally Posted by niceguy1986 View Post
durr is an arrogant ass this just solidifies that. i hope someone shuts him up.
yea he is. it'll be funny when he loses.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:35 AM
Gold Horse - Verified

Staker Points: 28.8
TPS: 62.32
Game of choice : NL Holdem
Fav. Online Player : mrsmokey1/#1Pen
tearly123 Poker Forum Experttearly123 Poker Forum Experttearly123 Poker Forum Experttearly123 Poker Forum Experttearly123 Poker Forum Experttearly123 Poker Forum Expert
Send a message via Yahoo to tearly123

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCWatcher View Post
Venice= Phil Galfond, IMO.
lolzy, the thought had crossed my mind.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:23 AM
Gold Staker - Verified
Surfers Event Winner x2

Staker Points: 706.62
TPS: 190.655
sotheysay Godlike Genius of Pokersotheysay Godlike Genius of Pokersotheysay Godlike Genius of Pokersotheysay Godlike Genius of Pokersotheysay Godlike Genius of Pokersotheysay Godlike Genius of Pokersotheysay Godlike Genius of Pokersotheysay Godlike Genius of Pokersotheysay Godlike Genius of Pokersotheysay Godlike Genius of Pokersotheysay Godlike Genius of Pokersotheysay Godlike Genius of Pokersotheysay Godlike Genius of Poker

Looks like Ivey, Benyamine, Antonius have accepted.

-http://www.pokerkingblog.com/2009/01/06/david-benyamine-phil-ivey-and-patrik-antonius-all-accept-the-durrrr-challenge/

Old 01-07-2009, 05:37 AM
Silver Staker - Verified
Surfers Event Winner x2

Staker Points: 284.55
TPS: 176.155
Plays at : Its a crime.
Game of choice : Hold em
Fav. Online Player : Upgrayedd420
Fav. Pro : Phil Laak
hockeyaddict Poker Forum Living Legendhockeyaddict Poker Forum Living Legendhockeyaddict Poker Forum Living Legendhockeyaddict Poker Forum Living Legendhockeyaddict Poker Forum Living Legendhockeyaddict Poker Forum Living Legendhockeyaddict Poker Forum Living Legendhockeyaddict Poker Forum Living Legendhockeyaddict Poker Forum Living Legendhockeyaddict Poker Forum Living Legendhockeyaddict Poker Forum Living Legendhockeyaddict Poker Forum Living Legend
Send a message via AIM to hockeyaddict Send a message via MSN to hockeyaddict Send a message via Skype™ to hockeyaddict

Lol a few guys on cr were talking about staking a thier top HU cash player in but he refused because his highest limit is 10knl.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:31 PM
Surfers Event Winner x4
WSOSP Winner
Silver Staker
Silver Supernova Horse

Staker Points: 395.65
TPS: 1693.15
Game of choice : Hold'em-No Limit
Fav. Pro : Gus Hansen
Unaccounted Poker Forum ExpertUnaccounted Poker Forum ExpertUnaccounted Poker Forum ExpertUnaccounted Poker Forum ExpertUnaccounted Poker Forum ExpertUnaccounted Poker Forum ExpertUnaccounted Poker Forum Expert
Send a message via MSN to Unaccounted

Ivey Accepts Durrrr's Poker Challenge

“Somebody’s probably going to go broke,” said Phil Ivey. “That’s a lot of money, and a lot of time.”

When Phil Ivey says something is “a lot of money,” most people take notice.

In what will surely become one of the most anticipated heads-up poker matches of all time, should it actually occur, Phil Ivey has accepted Tom “durrrr” Dwan’s open heads-up challenge to the world.

Dwan told Card Player about his challenge last month, and it is described in full detail in the magazine’s upcoming cover story about him, set to hit casinos this week.

Basically, Dwan has challenged anyone in the world — with the sole exception being his good friend and professional poker player Phil Galfond — to play 50,000 hands with him heads up, in either no-limit Texas hold'em or pot-limit Omaha at $200-$400 stakes at a minimum of four online tables.

"I don't get enough people to play me heads up. Even though there is more money to be made in other games, rather than playing heads up at one or two tables, it's so interesting and you learn a lot," said Dwan. "I think I might have an edge here, but it's more to have fun and gamble a bit. That's why I'm making this challenge."

If, at the end of the 50,000 hands, his opponent is up, Dwan will fork over an additional $1.5 million to pad his opponent's winnings. If Dwan is up, he keeps the profits, as well as another $500,000 from the competitor.

It hasn’t taken very long for his 3:1 odds offer to be seized upon by the other vultures of the poker community.

Ivey told fellow pro Barry Greenstein today at PokerRoad.com that he has called Dwan to accept the challenge. Ivey said in the interview that he thought French pro David Benyamine had first dibs on Dwan, but Benyamine told Card Player today that he has not accepted Dwan's bet, although he is still considering it.
Greenstein pointed out just how long 50,000 hands will take, saying on the podcast, “That’s like playing four games for about a month, four- or five-hour sessions.”

He told Ivey, “I don’t know if you really have the patience to play a guy for a month,” but tipped his hat earlier in the show who he thought was better when he said that that he “would’ve expected [Dwan] to challenge everyone except for maybe Phil Ivey, who’s looking to me like the best heads-up player.”

Ivey conceded that Dwan might have an edge early on in the battle, since he is not as used to multi-tabling as the online pro is.

“The funny thing is, he probably does have an edge,” said Ivey. “There’s something tempting about that million and a half to $500,000.”

Ivey also said that Patrik Antonius, as well as a number of other pros, have indicated that they are interested in taking up the 22-year-old phenom.

“A lot of people are confident in their game, but no one I’m aware of has ever backed it up like this,” Galfond said, of Dwan's challenge. “As far as the challenge being open to anyone but me, I take that as one of the highest compliments I’ve received as a poker player.”

"To be a great champion you must believe you are the best. If you're not, pretend you are"

Old 01-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Banned

Staker Points: 5
Plays at : FT and PS
Game of choice : NL Hold Em
Fav. Pro : Phil Ivey
OMGChuckNorris has a lot of haters

Go Ivey.

I would love to know when this will all take place.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

Staker Points: 5593.02
Game of choice : Omaha Hi
PhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living Legend
Send a message via AIM to PhenixRising Send a message via Yahoo to PhenixRising

I guess I'm downloading FTP now. I just need to find a good rakeback site and wait for this thing to start.

Poker Forum | Poker Staking

Poker Site Reviews
Titan Poker Pokerstars William Hill Bodog Carbon Poker Ladbrokes Party PokerCake Poker