Surfers Poker, Poker Forum

Go Back   Surfers Poker - Poker Forum > Poker Forums Area > Poker Strategy and Tips
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Administrator

Staker Points: 22847.03
TPS: 5821.025
Fav. Online Player : I_Feel_Fine
Fav. Pro : Tony G, Sam Farha
Venice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
smallgreenstar Non-NLHE Weekly Strategy Extravaganza

This idea was born out of the Mixed Game Masters thread, and there was good enthusiasm about it in a survey of members, so welcome to the Weekly Stategy Extravaganza for Non-NLHE games

The Schedule

Week 1: Razz
Week 2: Deuce-Seven Lowball
Week 3: Omaha
Week 4: Stud
Week 5: 5-Card Draw
Week 6: Omaha Hi-Lo
Week 7: Limit Holdem
Week 8: Stud Hi-Lo
Week 9: Badugi, Irish, 2-Card Manilla, Chinese Poker

Leaders

I am looking for a discussion leader for each week. I will assist each week to the best of my abilities. Please post below if you are willing and able.

I have set up a private forum for the discussion leaders in order for them to prep in advance the threads/hands they want to use, so a lot of it you can just gradually prep before hand.

Format

1. Specific threads for the game in question with strategy insight/discussion and tips, etc
2. Lots of example hands and/or HH scenarios
3. Possible a Quiz in selected weeks
4. Some form of MMC or Private game for that game type on Pokerstars
Just be nice and fold. Please. I will never ever bluff you again. Dont make me sit here for your whole time bank. Just dont. No. No. No. I cant stand it no longer. Just fold already. FOLD. FOLD. FOLD......Phewwww.
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in - Mark Twain

Surfers Poker - Featured Sites
Old 06-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Surfers Event Winner x48
Elite Supernova Staker VII
Elite Supernova Horse III

WSOSP Winner x11
Sharkfin Winner x3
SNG Champion x2
After Dark Winner x4
Survivor Champion

Staker Points: 80854.48
TPS: 20526.89
Plays at : Pokerstars
Game of choice : NLHE, 5CD
Fav. Online Player : Frogman3
Fav. Pro : Marcel Luske
DrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via Skype™ to DrJustice

Ill can help with the 5card draw.

Also i could try to setup a non-Holdem competition (via Sharkscope) during these weeks.
Also I volunteer to create a thread which tourneys are offered by Stars & Full Tilt (mtt's & SnG's) for that week.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:47 PM
Surfers Event Winner x10
Elite Supernova Staker III
Gold Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner

Staker Points: 45550.62
TPS: 3184.68
Game of choice : NL Hold'Em
Fav. Online Player : DutchMart
Fav. Pro : Lex Veldhuis
BlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via Skype™ to BlueRain

brilliant idea

I'd love to participate in this a lot. I'm not real good in any game(that's why I want to learn) So helping others I guess is out of the question.
If too little people volunteer, I can help out with Omaha and LHE!

Stars ID: Jroen Poker(Ermelo)
FTP ID: BlueRain16(E)

Old 06-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Banned
Reason: Theft

Staker Points: 1140.19
TPS: 1128.765
Game of choice : 8 Game
Fav. Online Player : badbeatman06
Fav. Pro : Phil Hellmuth
LordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of Poker
Send a message via AIM to LordV27 Send a message via MSN to LordV27 Send a message via Skype™ to LordV27

I can help with razz. But can we like make that the last week instead of 1st, pushing it to end of july?

Old 06-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Gold Level Horse
Gold Level Staker

WSOSP Winner

Staker Points: 241.34
TPS: 77.185
Plays at : America's Cardroom
Game of choice : Hold'em
Fav. Online Player : I don't know anymore
Robofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of PokerRobofriven Godlike Genius of Poker
Send a message via Skype™ to Robofriven

I love the idea and look forward to it, but definitely don't feel my skill is high enough to lead any of the weeks

America's Cardroom ID: Robofriven

Old 06-11-2009, 06:08 PM
Banned

LordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of PokerLordV27 Godlike Genius of Poker
Send a message via AIM to LordV27 Send a message via MSN to LordV27 Send a message via Skype™ to LordV27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robofriven View Post
I love the idea and look forward to it, but definitely don't feel my skill is high enough to lead any of the weeks
Wanna help me with razz thing? we could do it together. saw u put up some good stuff regarding it? lemme know.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:20 PM
Silver Staker - Verified
Surfers Event Winner x2

Staker Points: 284.55
TPS: 176.155
Plays at : Its a crime.
Game of choice : Hold em
Fav. Online Player : Upgrayedd420
Fav. Pro : Phil Laak
hockeyaddict Poker Forum Living Legendhockeyaddict Poker Forum Living Legendhockeyaddict Poker Forum Living Legendhockeyaddict Poker Forum Living Legendhockeyaddict Poker Forum Living Legendhockeyaddict Poker Forum Living Legendhockeyaddict Poker Forum Living Legendhockeyaddict Poker Forum Living Legendhockeyaddict Poker Forum Living Legendhockeyaddict Poker Forum Living Legendhockeyaddict Poker Forum Living Legendhockeyaddict Poker Forum Living Legend
Send a message via AIM to hockeyaddict Send a message via MSN to hockeyaddict Send a message via Skype™ to hockeyaddict

Leafs whats to do the stud high.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Surfers Event Winner x4
Platinum Horse - Verified
Supernova Staker
Sharkfin Winner

Staker Points: 854.92
TPS: 357.255
Game of choice : Chicago-hi
shimozukawa Godlike Genius of Pokershimozukawa Godlike Genius of Pokershimozukawa Godlike Genius of Pokershimozukawa Godlike Genius of Pokershimozukawa Godlike Genius of Pokershimozukawa Godlike Genius of Pokershimozukawa Godlike Genius of Pokershimozukawa Godlike Genius of Pokershimozukawa Godlike Genius of Pokershimozukawa Godlike Genius of Pokershimozukawa Godlike Genius of Pokershimozukawa Godlike Genius of Pokershimozukawa Godlike Genius of Poker

I'll help with the odd games. Also, I was wondering if we should add in pipito.

Also, Leafs, could you do some theory (very introductory) of Chicago as a part of your stud?

Oh, and if I'm selected for the odd games, can I request that our friendly dealer from Oz help me out? I haven't played Manila in over five years...

Last edited by shimozukawa : 06-11-2009 at 10:32 PM.

Old 06-12-2009, 03:05 AM
Banned

Staker Points: 7163.86
TPS: 1247.88
Big Hozer Best Poker Forum Member ContenderBig Hozer Best Poker Forum Member Contender

i can help with 5cd, lhe, stud 8

Old 06-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Sharkfin Winner

Staker Points: 5593.02
TPS: 0
Plays at : PokerStars
Game of choice : Omaha Hi
PhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living LegendPhenixRising Poker Forum Living Legend
Send a message via AIM to PhenixRising Send a message via Yahoo to PhenixRising

I'll be happy to help out w/ Omaha cash HHs or some of my older Omaha MTT HH. I can possibly help out a bit more in terms of discussion. I'm going to assume that Ouch will be in charge of the Omaha week.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:13 PM
Administrator

Venice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

Thanks for all the volunteers to lead so far.

Just a few more needed for a bit more coverage. Remember you dont necessarily need to be an expert in the game as such, just willing to lead the week and put togther a bit on strategy/tips, and a bunch of hands, etc. Teasers/conundrums also fine if you're looking to spice it up a little.
Just be nice and fold. Please. I will never ever bluff you again. Dont make me sit here for your whole time bank. Just dont. No. No. No. I cant stand it no longer. Just fold already. FOLD. FOLD. FOLD......Phewwww.
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in - Mark Twain

Old 06-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Surfers Event Winner x48

WSOSP Winner x11
Sharkfin Winner x3
SNG Champion x2
After Dark Winner x4
Survivor Champion

DrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

I can help for all weeks. some weeks i will reserve more time for this, to get it extra interesting.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Banned

I am also willing to help with 2-7 TD. Will send a PM to DC71 to see if he wishes to cover this with me as that will be awesome.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Here is the provisional schedule

Week 1: Mon 22nd June to Sun 28th June - Stud Hi-Lo - Big Hozer
Week 2: Mon 29th June to Sun 5th July - Deuce-Seven Lowball - LordV27
Week 3: Mon 6th July to Sun 12th July - Omaha - PhenixRising & BlueRain
Week 4: Mon 13th July to Sun 19th July - Razz - LordV27
Week 5: Mon 20th July to Sun 26th July - 5-Card Draw - DrJustice
Week 6: Mon 27th July to Sun 2nd Aug - Omaha Hi-Lo - TBC
Week 7: Mon 3rd Aug to Sun 9th Aug - Limit Holdem - Hozer & Bluerain
Week 8: Mon 10th Aug to Sun 16th Aug - Stud - TBC & DrJustice
Week 9: Mon 17th Aug to Sun 23rd Aug - Badugi, Irish, 2-Card Manilla, Chinese Poker - Shimo

Old 06-13-2009, 03:23 PM
Banned

Er, Venice, Who is TBC?

Old 06-13-2009, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordV27 View Post
Er, Venice, Who is TBC?
TomBerez's Cat - The 2nd best poker playing cat in Holland

Old 06-13-2009, 03:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venice View Post
Lol..

Old 06-13-2009, 04:25 PM
Administrator

I moved Razz so you didnt have any before exams. 27th your self-exclusions comes off isnt it

Old 06-13-2009, 06:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
I moved Razz so you didnt have any before exams. 27th your self-exclusions comes off isnt it
Yes, sir. Thanks a lot! However, will email stars and get the HHs for a couple of razz tournies I won, so can use some HH from there. Oh damn, I will be in Maldives during that week of Razz. Can we change it to one of the prior weeks? Sorry about making this so difficult for you. Thanks so much in advance for moving the dates and stuff.

Last edited by LordV27 : 06-13-2009 at 06:30 PM.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:47 PM
Surfers Event Winner x10
Elite Supernova Staker III
Gold Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner

Staker Points: 45550.62
TPS: 3184.68
Game of choice : NL Hold'Em
Fav. Online Player : DutchMart
Fav. Pro : Lex Veldhuis
BlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via Skype™ to BlueRain

I completely agree and confirm 'my' weeks

Stars ID: Jroen Poker(Ermelo)
FTP ID: BlueRain16(E)

Old 06-13-2009, 07:56 PM
Surfers Event Winner x9
Gold Supernova Staker
Silver Supernova Horse - Verified

SNG Champion x2

Staker Points: 8224.99
TPS: 905.305
Plays at : FullTilt
Game of choice : Holdem NoLimit
Fav. Pro : 'KidPoker' Negreanu
Hesaf Godlike Genius of PokerHesaf Godlike Genius of PokerHesaf Godlike Genius of PokerHesaf Godlike Genius of PokerHesaf Godlike Genius of PokerHesaf Godlike Genius of PokerHesaf Godlike Genius of PokerHesaf Godlike Genius of PokerHesaf Godlike Genius of PokerHesaf Godlike Genius of PokerHesaf Godlike Genius of PokerHesaf Godlike Genius of PokerHesaf Godlike Genius of PokerHesaf Godlike Genius of PokerHesaf Godlike Genius of PokerHesaf Godlike Genius of Poker

Quote:

However, in Google he's not yet recognized....
A new star is born in the Netherlands!!
Surfers Poker is the introduction forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinthorn View Post
I LOVE YOU hesaf
Quote:
along came hesaf like an express train
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJustice View Post
I feel such a noob.
PS: Hesaf
FTP: Whozznext

Old 06-13-2009, 08:02 PM
Surfers Event Winner x48

WSOSP Winner x11
Sharkfin Winner x3
SNG Champion x2
After Dark Winner x4
Survivor Champion

When will the private forum be opened for preparations, so i can prepare stuff in advance.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:11 PM
Banned

Staker Points: 7163.86
TPS: 1247.88
Big Hozer Best Poker Forum Member ContenderBig Hozer Best Poker Forum Member Contender

yea actually i prob wont help with this

too busy too much work/im gonna be gone a lot to be able to help with this, wen i have free time ill be playing

Old 06-13-2009, 08:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJustice View Post
When will the private forum be opened for preparations, so i can prepare stuff in advance.
I will open the prep forum probably tomorrow or monday, when we have a confirmed team

So far the revised team consists of:

DrJustice - Leader of 5-card Draw, Leader of Stud, HH assistance of others if/when available. General tournament assistance
LordV27 - Leader of 2-7 Lowball and Leader of Razz
BlueRain - Leader of Limit Holdem and Co-leader of Omaha
PhenixRising - Co-leader of Omaha
Shimo - Leader of the final week (Badugi, Irish, etc)
Venice - HH assistance as and when required, Quiz production/assistance in certain weeks. Private tournament/MMC arrangement & promotion

Needed:

Need leaders for Stud Hi-lo and Omaha hi-lo to complete the team

Old 06-14-2009, 12:03 AM
Surfers Event Winner x7
Platinum Horse - Verified
Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x2
Sharkfin Winner

Staker Points: 1515.18
TPS: 238.285
Game of choice : Omaha Hi/Lo
Fav. Online Player : The Guy Losing To Me
Fav. Pro : not Dude904
smokinat420 Godlike Genius of Pokersmokinat420 Godlike Genius of Pokersmokinat420 Godlike Genius of Pokersmokinat420 Godlike Genius of Pokersmokinat420 Godlike Genius of Pokersmokinat420 Godlike Genius of Pokersmokinat420 Godlike Genius of Pokersmokinat420 Godlike Genius of Pokersmokinat420 Godlike Genius of Pokersmokinat420 Godlike Genius of Pokersmokinat420 Godlike Genius of Pokersmokinat420 Godlike Genius of Pokersmokinat420 Godlike Genius of Pokersmokinat420 Godlike Genius of Poker
Send a message via AIM to smokinat420 Send a message via Skype™ to smokinat420

I would love to do the Omaha Hi Lo but with my work sched and stuff going on it would be tough for me to get it all together....I would be more than happy to help with some of the discussions.....and Venice i do have some material on this matter that i could PM u if you wanted to use them....they are pretty much beginner and some different theorys of play...nothing super advanced...let me know
u suck.
im just unlucky
"You've got to get to the stage in life where going for it is more important than winning or losing"

PokerstarsID: smokinat420
FullTiltID: smokinat420
Heropoker: smokesmoke
OMAHA H/L MASTER!!!!

Old 06-14-2009, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinat420 View Post
I would love to do the Omaha Hi Lo but with my work sched and stuff going on it would be tough for me to get it all together....I would be more than happy to help with some of the discussions.....and Venice i do have some material on this matter that i could PM u if you wanted to use them....they are pretty much beginner and some different theorys of play...nothing super advanced...let me know
That's fine. I'll post whatever you send as the opening for the strat discussion of the week, and then the guys in the team can pick up with the HH and stuff. Cheers

Old 06-14-2009, 04:12 PM
Administrator

ok I will pick up the remaining one (Stud Hi-Lo) myself

Access to the Strategy Team prep forum will be added in the next 10 mins

Strategy Team

DrJustice
LordV27
BlueRain
PhenixRising
Shimo
Venice

Latest Schedule of dates

Week 1: Mon 22nd June to Sun 28th June - Stud Hi-Lo
Week 2: Mon 29th June to Sun 5th July - Deuce-Seven Lowball
Week 3: Mon 6th July to Sun 12th July - Omaha
Week 4: Mon 13th July to Sun 19th July - 5-Card Draw
Week 5: Mon 20th July to Sun 26th July - Razz
Week 6: Mon 27th July to Sun 2nd Aug - Omaha Hi-Lo
Week 7: Mon 3rd Aug to Sun 9th Aug - Limit Holdem
Week 8: Mon 10th Aug to Sun 16th Aug - Stud
Week 9: Mon 17th Aug to Sun 23rd Aug - Badugi, Irish, 2-Card Manilla, Chinese Poker

Poker Forum | Poker Staking

Poker Site Reviews
Titan Poker Pokerstars William Hill Bodog Carbon Poker Ladbrokes Party PokerCake Poker