Surfers Poker, Poker Forum

Go Back   Surfers Poker - Poker Forum > Tournaments and Staking > Tournaments and Events
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2009, 02:39 PM
Administrator

Staker Points: 22847.03
TPS: 5821.025
Fav. Online Player : I_Feel_Fine
Fav. Pro : Tony G, Sam Farha
Venice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
smallgreenstar Sit and Go Championship VI

The Sit and Go Championship is an official Surfers Poker event and there will be a title for the winner, plus buy-a-share access, plus a $20 prize

Please sign up in this thread, stating your online ID at either Stars or Full Tilt (one or the other, not both)
Note: Make sure that you are opted in on SharkScope to be eligible to be tracked.

Registration closes at 14:00 ET on Mon 9th Nov

The Championship will run from Tuesday 10th Nov until Sun 22nd Nov inclusive (PST)

All your 9 or 10-seater SNGs will be tracked. You do not need to report them, it will be done automatically. The member with the highest Average ROI will win. (Note: Any member who played less than 25 SNGs will be removed from consideration)

Anyone playing more than 100 SNGs will get 4% added to their final Average ROI
Anyone playing more than 200 SNGs will get 6% added to their final Average ROI
Anyone playing more than 500 SNGs will get 8% added to their final Average ROI

Regular updates of the table will be posted in this thread for all to see

If you would like to enter to repeat, sign-up below, stating your ID at either Stars or Full Tilt

Good Luck
Just be nice and fold. Please. I will never ever bluff you again. Dont make me sit here for your whole time bank. Just dont. No. No. No. I cant stand it no longer. Just fold already. FOLD. FOLD. FOLD......Phewwww.
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in - Mark Twain

Last edited by DrJustice : 11-02-2009 at 07:23 PM.

Surfers Poker - Featured Sites
Old 11-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Banned
After Dark Winner

Staker Points: 1601.49
TPS: 144.305
Plays at : dont....
veidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forumveidtmeister Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via Skype™ to veidtmeister

please delete this after its answered, but this is for one table sng's i guess, right? and don's dont count, or do they?

Old 11-02-2009, 02:56 PM
Administrator

Venice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by veidtmeister View Post
please delete this after its answered, but this is for one table sng's i guess, right? and don's dont count, or do they?
Did you even read the first post? - It's for 9/10 man SNGs

DONs fine, although obviously they are at a disadvantage in pure ROI% terms. Perhaps we need to double check on the average ROI calc though. DrJ do you remember whether any DON players dominated the top spots last time?
Just be nice and fold. Please. I will never ever bluff you again. Dont make me sit here for your whole time bank. Just dont. No. No. No. I cant stand it no longer. Just fold already. FOLD. FOLD. FOLD......Phewwww.
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in - Mark Twain

Old 11-02-2009, 03:01 PM

Staker Points: 0
TPS: 0
Plays at : PokerStars
Game of choice : No Limit Hold'em
Fav. Online Player : ElkY
Fav. Pro : KidPoker
Minipokerzin Best Poker Forum Member ContenderMinipokerzin Best Poker Forum Member ContenderMinipokerzin Best Poker Forum Member Contender

Venice does it need br to apply ?

Pokerstars: FaelN
FTP: Noronhacash

sunday million is waiting for me

Old 11-02-2009, 03:04 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minipokerzin View Post
You will need something to start off yes. I dont know how low the SNGs go in buy-ins. But say if it's $1.10, then you probably need a least about $6.60 BR.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:05 PM

Minipokerzin Best Poker Forum Member ContenderMinipokerzin Best Poker Forum Member ContenderMinipokerzin Best Poker Forum Member Contender
Default :(

hmm ok thanks

Old 11-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Surfers Event Winner x8
Silver Supernova Horse
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x2
Sharkfin Winner
SNG Champion

Staker Points: 3266.9799999999996
TPS: 1611.625
Plays at : Online
Game of choice : Omaha Hi-Lo
Fav. Online Player : where's KT?
Fav. Pro : Venice
PB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minipokerzin View Post
you have to pay the buyins for what you playing, so you need a bankroll

but it doesnt matter that playing $1 is out of question, as what matters is the ROI ('retorno sobre o investimento'), so it doesnt matter if you're playing $1 or $100 buyin single tables

you'll be needing something around at least $25 to have a go for the sgn championship, considering you'll be playing $1.20 single table sit and go's

GLGLGL

Where's KT?

Old 11-02-2009, 03:10 PM
Surfers Event Winner x8
Silver Supernova Horse
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x2
Sharkfin Winner
SNG Champion

PB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

I'm in, btw

PB-SP-SC on stars

Where's KT?

Old 11-02-2009, 03:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB-SP-SC View Post

you'll be needing something around at least $25 to have a go for the sgn championship, considering you'll be playing $1.20 single table sit and go's
You dont rate his chances very highly then?

gl sal

Banned

Staker Points: 427.1
Plays at : Pokerstars
Game of choice : NL Hold em'
Fav. Online Player : Daniel Negreanu
Fav. Pro : Humberto Brenes
NDYL19 Best Poker Forum Member ContenderNDYL19 Best Poker Forum Member ContenderNDYL19 Best Poker Forum Member ContenderNDYL19 Best Poker Forum Member Contender
Send a message via MSN to NDYL19 Send a message via Skype™ to NDYL19

Count me in

Old 11-02-2009, 03:15 PM
Surfers Event Winner x8
Silver Supernova Horse
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x2
Sharkfin Winner
SNG Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venice View Post
You dont rate his chances very highly then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venice
The member with the highest Average ROI will win. (Note: Any member who played less than 25 SNGs will be removed from consideration)
are there $0.25 STTs, or any STT below $1 buy in??

Where's KT?

Old 11-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Gold Horse - Verified
Silver Supernova Staker

Surfers Event Winner x2

Staker Points: 4100.25
TPS: 65
Game of choice : Heads-Up
xzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Poker
Send a message via Skype™ to xzc32

Im in

xzc32

Old 11-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Silver Supernova Horse
Elite Supernova Staker III

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Staker Points: 44887.12
TPS: 3125.505
Game of choice : NLHE MTTs.
Fav. Online Player : durrrr
Fav. Pro : Daniel Negreanu
TomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via MSN to TomPerez Send a message via Skype™ to TomPerez

TomPerez on Full Tilt. Lets go for some serious grinding those days, 500 stts shouldn't be that hard.

My blog is inactive again, check it out!

[9/23/2010 5:45:13 PM] mark withers: ha ur too smart to get levelled i fail
^^^^^^ Listen to this man. Many have tried, many have failed. Your tries are useless, for I am Erik, The Unlevelable!
Except for Sal, he did it

Old 11-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB-SP-SC View Post
are there $0.25 STTs, or any STT below $1 buy in??
There might be.

About 6 buy-ins of whatever he chooses to play would be about the minimum BR needed to compete.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:35 PM
Surfers Event Winner x48
Elite Supernova Staker VII
Elite Supernova Horse III

WSOSP Winner x11
Sharkfin Winner x3
SNG Champion x2
After Dark Winner x4
Survivor Champion

Staker Points: 80854.48
TPS: 20526.89
Game of choice : NLHE, 5CD
Fav. Online Player : Frogman3
Fav. Pro : Marcel Luske
DrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via Skype™ to DrJustice

Ofcourse you can count me in.

I think the winning scores for last Championships are around 70 -100% which arent achieveble in DoN's. So i recommend playing regular STT's where winning is around 400% ROI.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:41 PM
Elite Supernova Staker II
Elite Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x18
Sharkfin Winner x10
WSOSP Winner x2
SNG Champion

Staker Points: 21892.25
TPS: 9305.13
Plays at : pokerstars
jappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumjappie007 Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via MSN to jappie007

In

Jappie007 on stars

Old 11-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Gold Horse - Verified
Silver Supernova Staker

Surfers Event Winner x2

xzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Pokerxzc32 Godlike Genius of Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJustice View Post
Ofcourse you can count me in.

I think the winning scores for last Championships are around 70 -100% which arent achieveble in DoN's. So i recommend playing regular STT's where winning is around 400% ROI.
All SnGs are tracked right? Then you can only play a maximum of 25 games, if you have a top ROI there than what are you gonna do the rest of the time?

Old 11-02-2009, 03:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:

I think the winning scores for last Championships are around 70 -100% which arent achieveble in DoN's.
Probably quite on a par then (hot STT run vs hot DON run). A run good on the DONs of say about 19 wins from 25 probably equates to about 75% av ROI. According to the Sharkscope method?

Obviously if someone hits 100%+ from std STTs the DONs may struggle a bit shall we say.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Surfers Event Winner x48

WSOSP Winner x11
Sharkfin Winner x3
SNG Champion x2
After Dark Winner x4
Survivor Champion

DrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

Quote:
Probably quite on a par then (hot STT run vs hot DON run). A run good on the DONs of say about 19 wins from 25 probably equates to about 75% av ROI. According to the Sharkscope method?

Obviously if someone hits 100%+ from std STTs the DONs may struggle a bit shall we say.
I might be wrong but i think the max ROI of a DoN isnt 100%.
In example your playing a $5.20 DoN and you win $10 thats 92% ROI
If you win 19 of 25 the calculation is 19 x 92% = 1748% - 600% = 1148%
So this means an av ROI of roughly 46%

@xzc You can play over 25 games, Your average ROI will be calculated over all your games

ROI Calculation Thread For SNG Championship] Special thanks to Riverwheel

Old 11-02-2009, 04:02 PM
Administrator

Btw, It was 20 min last time, with no volume bonuses.

Hopefully the higher minimum and the volume bonuses will pull in the gap a bit between volume and not. If no-one runs super lucky over the 25 then the volume guys will likely be able to push forwards on volume and remain competitive.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I might be wrong but i think the max ROI of a DoN isnt 100%.
In example your playing a $5.20 DoN and you win $10 thats 92% ROI
If you win 19 of 25 the calculation is 19 x 92% = 1748% - 600% = 1148%
So this means an av ROI of roughly 46%

@xzc You can play over 25 games, Your average ROI will be calculated over all your games

ROI Calculation Thread For SNG Championship] Special thanks to Riverwheel
So their average ROI isnt just 1748/25 = 70%?

Old 11-02-2009, 04:16 PM
Surfers Event Winner x48

WSOSP Winner x11
Sharkfin Winner x3
SNG Champion x2
After Dark Winner x4
Survivor Champion

Quote:
So their average ROI isnt just 1748/25 = 70%?
If someone doesnt cash they score a -100% and not 0%, you might want to adjust the high volume a little bit

Old 11-02-2009, 04:26 PM
Administrator

yep, makes sense. It wouldnt exactly be the fairest formula otherwise. Although I vaguely remember people moaning about it previously.

So essentially in conclusion DONs are going to be very reliant on a non hot run from the std STTs. Realistically you're going to be peddling up hill if you play them.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Btw, It was 20 min last time, with no volume bonuses.

Hopefully the higher minimum and the volume bonuses will pull in the gap a bit between volume and not. If no-one runs super lucky over the 25 then the volume guys will likely be able to push forwards on volume and remain competitive.
I did consider taking this to 30 btw, but I dont know if that puts off the more occasional or social players...

Old 11-02-2009, 04:45 PM
Surfers Event Winner x48

WSOSP Winner x11
Sharkfin Winner x3
SNG Champion x2
After Dark Winner x4
Survivor Champion

Quote:
I did consider taking this to 30 btw, but I dont know if that puts off the more occasional or social players...
I think 25 is perfect, altough you might adjust the volume to like 5%, 10%, 15%

Old 11-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Gold Horse - Verified
Silver Supernova Staker

Surfers Event Winner x2

Quote:
This plz If its changed it would be a lot of motivation to put in more than 500 games (at least for me). And the more casual single tablers could also manage. But yeah not my bussiness, gl everyone

Old 11-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Silver Supernova Horse
Silver Supernova Staker

Staker Points: 1982.65
TPS: 2057.755
Game of choice : Short Handed NLHE
Fav. Online Player : meeeeee:D
Fav. Pro : Negreanu
smitts_lgp Grandmaster of the Poker Forumsmitts_lgp Grandmaster of the Poker Forumsmitts_lgp Grandmaster of the Poker Forumsmitts_lgp Grandmaster of the Poker Forumsmitts_lgp Grandmaster of the Poker Forumsmitts_lgp Grandmaster of the Poker Forumsmitts_lgp Grandmaster of the Poker Forumsmitts_lgp Grandmaster of the Poker Forumsmitts_lgp Grandmaster of the Poker Forumsmitts_lgp Grandmaster of the Poker Forumsmitts_lgp Grandmaster of the Poker Forumsmitts_lgp Grandmaster of the Poker Forumsmitts_lgp Grandmaster of the Poker Forumsmitts_lgp Grandmaster of the Poker Forumsmitts_lgp Grandmaster of the Poker Forumsmitts_lgp Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

im in

NOTICE:Due to current cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel is temporarily turned off. Sorry for any inconveniences.

----------------------------------------------
PS: Smitts_lgp (guelph)
FTP: Bully_Buster (g)

Whoever said "The pen is mightier than the sword" clearly never fenced with a bic.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:57 PM
Contact a mod before
sending funds to this user
Platinum Level Staker
Silver Supernova Horse

Staker Points: 373.98
TPS: 1297.645
HHF2000 Poker Forum ExpertHHF2000 Poker Forum ExpertHHF2000 Poker Forum ExpertHHF2000 Poker Forum ExpertHHF2000 Poker Forum ExpertHHF2000 Poker Forum ExpertHHF2000 Poker Forum Expert

Full Tilt: Haloheadfire

Old 11-02-2009, 04:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I'm a bit wary of making the bonuses too high as it feels like it's making it into too much of a volume contest. I did mull over making them higher, but it just didnt feel right to make them too high.

If someone hit 80% or whatever none of the bonuses are really going to help an STT volume player, even if they stretched to 40%. So it is more reliant on no-one running super hot over 25, and then maybe a volume guy thinking the percentage might be in range to make a push.

I will give a little thought to having a volume based bonus table that relates specifically to the ROI% at the top of the table at the mid way point in time.

Poker Forum | Poker Staking

Poker Site Reviews
Titan Poker Pokerstars William Hill Bodog Carbon Poker Ladbrokes Party PokerCake Poker