Surfers Poker, Poker Forum

Go Back   Surfers Poker - Poker Forum > Tournaments and Staking > Poker Staking > Staking Rules, Guidelines and Questions
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2007, 08:28 PM
Administrator

Staker Points: 22847.03
TPS: 5821.025
Fav. Online Player : I_Feel_Fine
Fav. Pro : Tony G, Sam Farha
Venice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
smallbluestar Stake Examples

Example 1:

Stake Agreement

By replying in this thread you agree to the following terms/conditions :-
1) The stake terms are Stakeback + 50%.
2) The money (Stakeback + 50%) will be returned to me, the staker, within 1 hour of being knocked out (or winning) the tournament.
3) Any other requirement I state below or in the body of this post.
Stake is for the $3.30 MTT at 14:30 ET only

1) pokergod345 applies for the stake in this thread (thereby agreeing to the term/conditions of the stake). He states his Pokerstars ID as 'pokergod345'
2) If chosen, the staker will send 'pokergod345' the tourney entry.
3) If pokergod345 loses, he posts the outcome in the rail thread, and that's it, all done. It is the staker who submits the actual result.
4) If pokergod345 makes it to the money. Lets say he wins $10. He sends the staker the stake back + 50% of the profit (ie $3.30 + $3.35 = $6.65). He transfers $3.35x0.05 to SPStaking on Pokerstars (ie 0.17). He keeps the rest.

If you need help with the maths, this is how to do it:
Share of Profits = Amount won ($10) - Amount Staked ($3.30) divided by 2 = (10-3.30)/2 = $3.35
Amount to send your staker = Stake Back ($3.30) + Share of Profits ($3.35) = $6.65
Amount to send to SPStaking = Share of Profits ($3.35) x 0.05 = $0.17

Round the amounts up or down to the nearest cent if appropriate. If there is half a cent spare (eg Share of Profits = $12.125) then it is common curtosy to send that to the staker (ie their Share of Profits = $12.13, and yours will be $12.12)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Example 2 (a set of tourneys):

Stake Agreement

By replying in this thread you agree to the following terms/conditions :-
1) The stake terms are Stakeback + 50%.
2) The money (Stakeback + 50%) will be returned to me, the staker, within 1 hour of being knocked out (or winning) the tournament.
3) Any other requirement I state below or in the body of this post.
Stake is for 5 tourneys (5x$5.5 MTTs) to be completed by mm/dd/yyyy. You post the tournament ID of every tourney in a rail thread BEFORE the tournament starts.

Hypothetical Results from the set of tourneys:-

Tourney 1 = Did not cash
Tourney 2 = Did not cash
Tourney 3 = $70.40 win
Tourney 4 = Did not cash
Tourney 5 = $6.70 win

Hypothetical amount payable back to the staker:-

$77.1 (total winnings) minus $27.5 (total cost of entrys) = 49.6
50% of 49.6 = $24.8 (ie the profit is split 50/50)
Therefore the amount payable to the staker is $24.8 (50% of the profit) + $27.5 (the entry costs returned) = $52.30
The amount payable to SPStaking is 0.05 x 24.8 = $1.24

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Example 3 (Buy-a-shares):

Stakeback Buy a Share Agreement

100 shares at 66c each are available in myself, covering my entry into the following tournaments :- $66 in shares in total to play 10 x $5.50 SNGs and 10 x $1.10 SNGs

The first thing paid back will be everyone's shares at face value. Then all profits (if any) will be split 50/50, with the shareholders portion being split pro-rata per share purchased. I will pay all shareholders their stakeback and profits either i) within 2 hours of being knocked out of (or winning) the final tournament or ii) (In the case of a HEEB) immediately after a set time/date I specifiy in this first post for when the BAS will conclude.

Please reply below with how many shares you wish to purchase and follow any instructions I state as to when to send the money

Let say that after playing all these the horse has won $85.1

Share of Profits = ($85.1 - $66) / 2 = $9.55
Share value = (66 + 9.55)/100 = 0.76 per share
Example Amount to send to a share holder who bought 10 shares = 10 x 0.76 = $7.60
Amount to send to SPStaking = Share of Profits ($9.55) x 0.05 = $0.48

Surfers Poker - Featured Sites
Old 02-26-2007, 08:54 PM
Administrator

Staker Points: 22847.03
TPS: 5821.025
Fav. Online Player : I_Feel_Fine
Fav. Pro : Tony G, Sam Farha
Venice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

Some example requirements you might want to consider putting in your stake thread:-

Members must have at least x posts
Members must have at least x TPS
Members must have STR of x% or higher
Members must have at least x SFS
Members must have cashed in at least 2 stakes.
You must provide me with a rail thread
You must post your last hand of the tourney
You must post any hands where a third of your stack or more is lost
No turbos/speed tournaments
No rebuy tournaments
Must be used for a tournament starting before 22:00 ET
Must be used for the 17:00 NLHE tourney on Stars
Must specify exactly which tournament you will use the stake for
Only Verified members should apply
Only Level 1 members should apply
Only members who played in the xyz contest should apply

Poker Forum | Poker Staking

Poker Site Reviews
Titan Poker Pokerstars William Hill Bodog Carbon Poker Ladbrokes Party PokerCake Poker