Surfers Poker, Poker Forum

Go Back   Surfers Poker - Poker Forum > Tournaments and Staking > Tournaments and Events
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2007, 02:46 PM
Administrator

Staker Points: 22847.03
TPS: 5821.025
Fav. Online Player : I_Feel_Fine
Fav. Pro : Tony G, Sam Farha
Venice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Default Team Event No.2

There will be a Team Event on the weekend of 17th/18th Nov. There will be 2 team games on the Saturday and 3 team games on the Sunday.

Estimated team sizes are 4 or 5 members per team. The first 4 events will be 2 players from each team, the final event will be full participation.

22nd Oct until 25th Oct 10:00 ET - Team Captain volunteering and seconding/thirding (see here)
25th Oct 11:00 ET - Captains Announced
25th Oct 12:00 ET - Sign-up list opens for team event members (Sign-up Sheet)
12th Nov 12:00 ET - Sign-up list closes
12th Nov 13:00 ET until 14th Nov 17:00 ET - Captains select there first 2 team members on a rotational basis (choose one, next captain chooses one etc)
14th Nov - All points schemes/details put into Team Event forum
14th Nov 18:00 ET - The rest of the sign-ups are put into teams, and the full team line-ups are announced in the Team Event forum
17th Nov - Team Event starts

During the last team event, I gave a way loads of free money, and this encouraged a few too many cash whores. The previous captains know what I am talking about I am sure. So this time it will be different. Each member will pay $1 to enter, and I will add $2 of my own money for every $1 of members. This will make up the prize pool for the winning team.

Each event will be a $2.20 buy-in, and captains should decide with their team members who plays what, and how much of any winnings from each game is going back into the team kitty, and things like that.

The whole team event will take place that weekend, and the Team Event forum will be made a main forum on the 14th Nov and will contain the points scheme, leaderboards etc etc.
Just be nice and fold. Please. I will never ever bluff you again. Dont make me sit here for your whole time bank. Just dont. No. No. No. I cant stand it no longer. Just fold already. FOLD. FOLD. FOLD......Phewwww.
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in - Mark Twain

Surfers Poker - Featured Sites
Old 10-22-2007, 02:57 PM
White Water Surfer
Surfers Event Winner x19
Silver Supernova Staker
Elite Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner x4
Sharkfin Winner x8

Staker Points: 12350.029999999999
TPS: 36978.17
Plays at : CampusBar
Fav. Online Player : Ademir Galeno
Fav. Pro : dude904
ouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

sweet
i joined this forum just as the first team event was coming to a close i think, always wondered what it was all about

this should be great

dude904 paid me $9001 for this promotional forum sig

awaiting funds

Old 10-22-2007, 08:58 PM
Banned

Staker Points: 549.35
TPS: 93.85
Plays at : pokerstars
Game of choice : nolimitholdem
Fav. Online Player : myself
Fav. Pro : Daniel N.
H1GHR0LLER Best Poker Forum Member ContenderH1GHR0LLER Best Poker Forum Member ContenderH1GHR0LLER Best Poker Forum Member ContenderH1GHR0LLER Best Poker Forum Member Contender
Send a message via AIM to H1GHR0LLER
Wink

ya this sounds awesome great idea ... gl gl all

Old 10-22-2007, 09:06 PM
Surfers Event Winner x48
Elite Supernova Staker VII
Elite Supernova Horse III

WSOSP Winner x11
Sharkfin Winner x3
SNG Champion x2
After Dark Winner x4
Survivor Champion

Staker Points: 80854.48
TPS: 20526.89
Plays at : Pokerstars
Game of choice : NLHE, 5CD
Fav. Online Player : Frogman3
Fav. Pro : Marcel Luske
DrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via Skype™ to DrJustice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouchbadbeat View Post
sweet
i joined this forum just as the first team event was coming to a close i think, always wondered what it was all about

this should be great
I can ensure you, it was a great event last time. strong competition every event.
This sure will be a fun and cool event again.

Old 11-03-2007, 03:50 PM
Verified Member
Surfers Event Winner x3
WSOSP Winner

Staker Points: 0
TPS: 7.35
zaqmlp Best Poker Forum Member Contender

Venice and Jen,

I am going to be on vacation the weekend of the Team Event, and won't be able to participate.

But I want to show my support for Surfers Poker, and for what you two are doing here. How can I do so?

Can I stake one or two Surfers Pokers members by paying their $1.00 entry fee?

I would be looking for good players with good standing at Surfers Poker who are low on BR.

But I don't know how to make the mechanics of a stake work with Team Event.

Thanks.

milindbhat (mounds view) on pokerstars
psoDYftp on full tilt
rbnDYcake on Cake

Proud team member of SPOT Surfers Paradise of Talent

Old 11-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Administrator

Venice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaqmlp View Post
How can I do so?

Can I stake one or two Surfers Pokers members by paying their $1.00 entry fee?

I would be looking for good players with good standing at Surfers Poker who are low on BR.

But I don't know how to make the mechanics of a stake work with Team Event.
Staking an individual wont work, because every individual is competing for a team, contributing to a team, and getting prizes for a team.

Sponsoring (or more to the point, staking) a team rather than a player is also not permitted due to the "buying money" rule in Surfers Poker money added events.

If you want to support the event you can contribute to the prize pool by all means, or run a sweep and add money to that sweep, things like that. But if you are looking primarily for a stake then that isnt posssible/allowed I am afraid.
Just be nice and fold. Please. I will never ever bluff you again. Dont make me sit here for your whole time bank. Just dont. No. No. No. I cant stand it no longer. Just fold already. FOLD. FOLD. FOLD......Phewwww.
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in - Mark Twain

Old 11-11-2007, 12:36 PM

Staker Points: 
TPS: 
1976tiger Poker Forum Rookie

I don't think to be a so good player at the moment, next time i will play

Old 11-11-2007, 01:24 PM

Staker Points: 
TPS: 
thelonious_monk Poker Forum Rookie

i dont know how to join a team, want to participate

as a new player dont understand much about the organization of teams and where find information about it

please help

Old 11-11-2007, 01:43 PM
Administrator

In the first post of this thread, there is a link "Sign-Up Sheet" - that is where you sign up

The first post of this thread also contains the timeline of the event. Your captain will organise specifics such as who plays which games

Old 11-12-2007, 10:20 AM

Staker Points: 
TPS: 
coinman Poker Forum Rookie
Question Team Events

I know the team events have started ,but is it too late to join in.would like to play and the starting times work well for me.

coinman

Old 11-12-2007, 09:29 PM
Surfers Event Winner x3
Silver Supernova Staker
WSOSP Winner

Staker Points: 4518.88
TPS: 0
Plays at : PokerStars
Game of choice : Sit 'n Go
Fav. Online Player : spacegravy
Fav. Pro : Dani Stern
DutchMart Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDutchMart Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDutchMart Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDutchMart Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDutchMart Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDutchMart Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDutchMart Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDutchMart Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDutchMart Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDutchMart Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDutchMart Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDutchMart Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDutchMart Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDutchMart Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDutchMart Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDutchMart Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

Grrrr, not able to subscribe due to my connection breakdown.

If anyone gets injured I'm available as a substitution team captains!
the F word is the effing best word in the dictionary. now stfu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB-SP-SC View Post
DonkMart is playing

W-T-F

Poker Forum | Poker Staking

Poker Site Reviews
Titan Poker Pokerstars William Hill Bodog Carbon Poker Ladbrokes Party PokerCake Poker