Surfers Poker, Poker Forum

Go Back   Surfers Poker - Poker Forum > Social and Off-topic > The Beach > Sandy Beach
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2007, 12:47 PM
Administrator

Staker Points: 22847.03
TPS: 5821.025
Fav. Online Player : I_Feel_Fine
Fav. Pro : Tony G, Sam Farha
Venice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
smallgreenstar Reputation

I received a question regarding reputation so thought I would do a post for all.

1) In the top right of a post there is a scales symbol (a small picture of a set of weights). If you click on this you can give someone reputation, for a particular good post.

2) The green dots you see (top right) are your own reputation. You can see what the reputation was given for by clicking 'User CP'. The latest 20 reputations you have been given will appear here, along with your score.

You can see the members with the highest reputation here :- Top Reputation

3) I have started everyone with a reputation of 10

4) You must have a minimum of 25 posts and 11 reputation points in order for your "giving of reputation" to take affect on someone. This is so I can stop any brand new members having any influence.

5) You can only give out a max of 8 reputations in 24 hours, and you are prevented from giving back-to-back reputations to the same person. In fact I have set things up so you cant go back to the same person for 3 reputation gives/takes.

6) Your reputation power is the thing which will affect the points score the most when you give reputation. Naturally your reputation power goes up proportional to your own reputation, but you also get 1 extra point of reputation power for every 30 days of membership at Surfers Poker, and 1 extra point of power for every 100 posts.

I hope that helps explain it a little.
Just be nice and fold. Please. I will never ever bluff you again. Dont make me sit here for your whole time bank. Just dont. No. No. No. I cant stand it no longer. Just fold already. FOLD. FOLD. FOLD......Phewwww.
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in - Mark Twain

Surfers Poker - Featured Sites
Old 04-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Administrator

Staker Points: 22847.03
TPS: 5821.025
Fav. Online Player : I_Feel_Fine
Fav. Pro : Tony G, Sam Farha
Venice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

The post above is about a year old, but I will expand on it in terms of the use of Negative Rep

Negative rep is only available for use by L1 members and higher. Un-established members cannot Neg Rep.

Negative rep should be used sparingly and conscientiously (if at all), as no member enjoys receiving it, and it can have other negative consequences.

The use of Neg Rep should be limited to the following:
1. Abusive/racist/vulgar posts etc etc. Posts which have no place in belonging in the forum. This includes trollling the boards (aggresively picking fights with members).
2. Blatant commercial spamming in a member's first post(s)
3. Heavily excessive post-count spamming. (Eg a new member replying to 15 intro posts in a sort period)

If you feel a post does not fit the neg rep guidelines above, but still needs some form of attention/opinion then either reply to the post politely giving your opinion, or report the post (icon top right) for the post to be dealt with anonymously by a moderator.
Just be nice and fold. Please. I will never ever bluff you again. Dont make me sit here for your whole time bank. Just dont. No. No. No. I cant stand it no longer. Just fold already. FOLD. FOLD. FOLD......Phewwww.
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in - Mark Twain

Poker Forum | Poker Staking

Poker Site Reviews
Titan Poker Pokerstars William Hill Bodog Carbon Poker Ladbrokes Party PokerCake Poker