Go Back   Surfers Poker - Poker Forum > Poker Forums Area > Poker Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2007, 05:20 PM
Administrator

Staker Points: 22847.03
TPS: 5821.025
Fav. Online Player : I_Feel_Fine
Fav. Pro : Tony G, Sam Farha
Venice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Default Article Contest

Surfers Poker - Poker Article Contest

From now until 13:00 ET on 10th Jan 2008 you may submit your article to me (via PM). It must be your own work (absolutely no plagiarism...I will be checking! Note: Members will be banned for plagerised articles submitted in this contest)

All the articles will be uploaded to Surfers, and then on the 12th Jan until 15th Jan there be a vote. Any member with 100+ posts may vote for which article they think is the best. The voting will determine the prizes

Prizes

1st : $20
2nd : $10
3rd : $5

What should I write about?

Anything poker related (read guidelines). It might be strategy related, or a biography of a player, or a review of something poker related. Make it interesting and informative to the reader.

Guidelines

1) The article must be specific. Not a generilasation on your thoughts or approach to poker.
2) It must be poker related.
3) It must be unique. You can obviously research facts on the internet, but never copy any paragraphs of text from anywhere.
4) PM me your topic sooner rather than later. Getting my approval isnt necessary at all, but I will say to you if someone is already doing that topic.
5) Please use good grammer, and check your spelling.

Rules

1. You may make as many entries as you wish, and you will be eligible to win more than one prize. In theory you could win 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
2. Do not duplicate/copy any article/paragraph or sentence from another source
3. If 4 entries or less are made, then there will only be a 1st prize
4. Only members with 100+ posts will be allowed to vote.
5. If there is a tie on the voting, the first tiebreaker will be receiving most votes from a member with 500+ posts, the second tiebreaker will be a decision by a nominated high level member.

Good Luck to those who enter.
Just be nice and fold. Please. I will never ever bluff you again. Dont make me sit here for your whole time bank. Just dont. No. No. No. I cant stand it no longer. Just fold already. FOLD. FOLD. FOLD......Phewwww.
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in - Mark Twain

Surfers Poker - Featured Sites
Old 12-28-2007, 12:55 AM
Verified Member
Surfers Event Winner x8
Sharkfin Winner
After Dark Winner

Staker Points: 57.96
TPS: 9.71
Plays at : AC or Full Tilt
Game of choice : Razz
Fav. Online Player : Ummm... me?
Fav. Pro : Gus Hansen
bj316 Poker Forum Living Legendbj316 Poker Forum Living Legendbj316 Poker Forum Living Legendbj316 Poker Forum Living Legendbj316 Poker Forum Living Legendbj316 Poker Forum Living Legendbj316 Poker Forum Living Legendbj316 Poker Forum Living Legendbj316 Poker Forum Living Legend
Send a message via AIM to bj316

One thing that would make it interesting is if the by-line was removed from the article submissions before making them visible to Surfers for voting so that no one knew who they were voting for.

Old 12-28-2007, 02:05 AM
Surfers Event Winner
Gold Staker - Verified
Silver Level Horse
WSOSP Winner

Staker Points: 138.87
TPS: 41.16
Plays at : Live play
Game of choice : 5 Card Draw
xxPOGOxx Godlike Genius of PokerxxPOGOxx Godlike Genius of PokerxxPOGOxx Godlike Genius of PokerxxPOGOxx Godlike Genius of PokerxxPOGOxx Godlike Genius of PokerxxPOGOxx Godlike Genius of PokerxxPOGOxx Godlike Genius of PokerxxPOGOxx Godlike Genius of PokerxxPOGOxx Godlike Genius of PokerxxPOGOxx Godlike Genius of PokerxxPOGOxx Godlike Genius of PokerxxPOGOxx Godlike Genius of PokerxxPOGOxx Godlike Genius of PokerxxPOGOxx Godlike Genius of PokerxxPOGOxx Godlike Genius of Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venice View Post
5) Please use good grammer, and check your spelling.
Sorry...too funny... grammar, etc.

But I agree with bj316, the authors of the articles should be kept anonymous during the voting session so that we might be more sure that the voters are actually reading the articles and not just voting for one of their friends.

Granted, great writers do have distinct voices whenever they write, so a keen eye may still know who wrote each article, but at least we'll know he'd at least read the articles before eventually figuring out which was submitted by his favorite poster, etc.

Old 12-28-2007, 02:09 AM
White Water Surfer
Surfers Event Winner x19
Silver Supernova Staker
Elite Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner x4
Sharkfin Winner x8

Staker Points: 12350.029999999999
TPS: 36978.17
Plays at : CampusBar
Fav. Online Player : Ademir Galeno
Fav. Pro : dude904
ouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

does it have to be a serious article
serious stuff is not really my forte haha

dude904 paid me $9001 for this promotional forum sig

awaiting funds

Old 12-28-2007, 10:57 AM
Surfers Event Winner x10
Elite Supernova Staker III
Gold Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner

Staker Points: 45550.62
TPS: 3184.68
Plays at : Pokerstars
Game of choice : NL Hold'Em
Fav. Online Player : DutchMart
Fav. Pro : Lex Veldhuis
BlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via Skype™ to BlueRain

I'll Compete

Stars ID: Jroen Poker(Ermelo)
FTP ID: BlueRain16(E)

Old 12-28-2007, 11:10 AM
Silver Horse - Verified
Surfers Event Winner x3

Staker Points: 5.5
TPS: 36.52
Plays at : Full Tilt/Pokerstars
Game of choice : Omaha Hi/Lo
Fav. Online Player : The Omaholic
Fav. Pro : Phil Ivey
LordJenkins Best Poker Forum Member ContenderLordJenkins Best Poker Forum Member ContenderLordJenkins Best Poker Forum Member ContenderLordJenkins Best Poker Forum Member ContenderLordJenkins Best Poker Forum Member Contender

This sounds really interesting. I haven't been on lately due to being away and stuff but writing an article seems to be a great thing to do as I lie on the beach and soak up some rays Is there a word limit or something to the articles? I think maybe it would be good to have a word limit or something so people can compete with Pogo...i.e. I don't want to have to write 300 billion words for my article And ouch no one wants to read your non-serious poker articles...we would go join the PNF (Poker N00b Forum) if we wanted to listen to your ridiculous ramblings.

'Ouchbadbeat, the epic pwnanator that got me my avatar and pwns many a poker donk'

Old 12-28-2007, 12:56 PM
Administrator

Venice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj316 View Post
One thing that would make it interesting is if the by-line was removed from the article submissions before making them visible to Surfers for voting so that no one knew who they were voting for.
Yes, that is the plan. No-one will know who entered which one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouchbadbeat View Post
does it have to be a serious article
serious stuff is not really my forte haha
Not necessarily. Although PM me the title/theme to check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJenkins View Post
This sounds really interesting. I haven't been on lately due to being away and stuff but writing an article seems to be a great thing to do as I lie on the beach and soak up some rays Is there a word limit or something to the articles? I think maybe it would be good to have a word limit or something so people can compete with Pogo...i.e. I don't want to have to write 300 billion words for my article
No strict word length. As a very rough guideline : Min 500 words, Max 3000. I wont be strictly enforcing this though, as the greater importance is for it to be interesting to read and/or informative.
Just be nice and fold. Please. I will never ever bluff you again. Dont make me sit here for your whole time bank. Just dont. No. No. No. I cant stand it no longer. Just fold already. FOLD. FOLD. FOLD......Phewwww.
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in - Mark Twain

Old 12-31-2007, 03:16 PM
Administrator

1 so far. Easy for the voting

Old 01-01-2008, 11:32 AM
Surfers Event Winner x10
Elite Supernova Staker III
Gold Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner

Staker Points: 45550.62
TPS: 3184.68
Plays at : Pokerstars
Game of choice : NL Hold'Em
Fav. Online Player : DutchMart
Fav. Pro : Lex Veldhuis
BlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via Skype™ to BlueRain

Ill seek some time to finish them, lol

Stars ID: Jroen Poker(Ermelo)
FTP ID: BlueRain16(E)

Old 01-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Silver Supernova Staker
Elite Supernova Horse - Verified
Sharkfin Winner

Staker Points: 4974.33
TPS: 10415.99
Plays at : Stars, FTP, 888, Ipo
Game of choice : Omaha H/L, NLHE
Fav. Pro : Negreanu
no1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Poker

Lol, I'm entering, if nothing else will be nice to see what people think of my articles. After the contest, will the best ones be put somewhere specific so they can be read over and over?

I want to do lots to give myself an edge lol... But it's time consuming!

Old 01-08-2008, 04:34 PM
White Water Surfer
Surfers Event Winner x19
Silver Supernova Staker
Elite Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner x4
Sharkfin Winner x8

Staker Points: 12350.029999999999
TPS: 36978.17
Plays at : CampusBar
Fav. Online Player : Ademir Galeno
Fav. Pro : dude904
ouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

i've had an idea for an article, but whether i'll get round to writing it is another matter i have mental blocks when it comes to writing really long things

dude904 paid me $9001 for this promotional forum sig

awaiting funds

Old 01-08-2008, 04:56 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Silver Supernova Staker
Elite Supernova Horse - Verified
Sharkfin Winner

Staker Points: 4974.33
TPS: 10415.99
Plays at : Stars, FTP, 888, Ipo
Game of choice : Omaha H/L, NLHE
Fav. Pro : Negreanu
no1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Poker

LOL ouch, If I got enough posts by the 12th (which I won't have LOL) I'll know your one is the one that litwerally makes me sit by my pc pissisng myself with laughter. Hats of 2 u for making me laugh every time you post

no1yidmax

Old 01-09-2008, 05:34 AM

Staker Points: 15.75
TPS: 4.92
Plays at : pokerstars
Game of choice : Pot Limit Omaha
Fav. Online Player : Me Ofcourse
Fav. Pro : daniel negreanu
SurferChick Best Poker Forum Member Contender
Send a message via Yahoo to SurferChick
Talking Hmmmm

since it has to be our own work, i guess i would have to lie, because if i said great things about me on the poker table then it would be far fetched because i dont think i have had to many memorable poker experiences that would get me in the running to win. now if it about something where i was to mock myself then maybe i could do well in this....

Pokerstars Id: DB SURFCHICK

Old 01-09-2008, 11:40 AM
Administrator

Just over a day left for entries

Old 01-10-2008, 01:54 PM
Administrator

3 hours left for any entries

Old 01-10-2008, 03:09 PM
Administrator

2 hours left

Old 01-10-2008, 04:30 PM
Banned

Staker Points: 
TPS: 
Fav. Online Player : SpaceGravy
Fav. Pro : Lee Watkinson
quicklysir Best Poker Forum Member Contender

entry sent

Old 01-10-2008, 05:05 PM
Administrator

Contest is now closed for entrants.

I will upload all articles, and voting will start on 12th Jan. Good Luck.

Poker Forum | Poker Staking

Poker Site Reviews
Titan Poker Pokerstars William Hill Bodog Carbon Poker Ladbrokes Party PokerCake Poker