Surfers Poker, Poker Forum

Go Back   Surfers Poker - Poker Forum > Poker Forums Area > Poker Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Select 3 choices from the list below (you must have 100+ posts to vote)
1. UIGEA 12 44.44%
2. Hand Selection and Strategy - Early On 6 22.22%
3. Rule of 4 and 2 9 33.33%
4. Steal or No Steal 13 48.15%
5. Freeroll Play 8 29.63%
6. Hand Selection and Strategy - Middle Stages 8 29.63%
7. WSOP Talking Points 12 44.44%
8. Poker Advice - The Poker Puzzle 9 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-12-2008, 01:39 PM
Administrator

Staker Points: 22847.03
TPS: 5821.025
Fav. Online Player : I_Feel_Fine
Fav. Pro : Tony G, Sam Farha
Venice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
smallgreenstar Article Contest Voting

Voting

1. You must have 100+ posts to vote
2. Select your 3 favourites and vote for them
3. You cannot vote for your own article
4. Voting closes at 19:00 ET on Tuesday 15th Jan

8 entries were submitted in total. They have been uploaded and are located below. Please take the time to read them. If you read them accross a few sittings, then you may want to jot a few notes on paper so you remember your favourites.

1. UIGEA
2. Hand Selection and Strategy - Early On
3. Rule of 4 and 2
4. Steal or No Steal
5. Freeroll Play
6. Hand Selection and Strategy - Middle Stages
7. WSOP Talking Points
8. Poker Advice - The Poker Puzzle

Prizes
1st : $20
2nd : $10
3rd : $5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summary of Guidelines and Rules from Initial Thread
Guidelines
1) The article must be specific. Not a generilasation on your thoughts or approach to poker.
2) It must be poker related.
3) It must be unique. You can obviously research facts on the internet, but never copy any paragraphs of text from anywhere.
4) PM me your topic sooner rather than later. Getting my approval isnt necessary at all, but I will say to you if someone is already doing that topic.
5) Please use good grammer, and check your spelling.

Rules
1. You may make as many entries as you wish, and you will be eligible to win more than one prize. In theory you could win 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
2. Do not duplicate/copy any article/paragraph or sentence from another source
3. If 4 entries or less are made, then there will only be a 1st prize
4. Only members with 100+ posts will be allowed to vote.
5. If there is a tie on the voting, the first tiebreaker will be receiving most votes from a member with 500+ posts, the second tiebreaker will be a decision by a nominated high level member.
Just be nice and fold. Please. I will never ever bluff you again. Dont make me sit here for your whole time bank. Just dont. No. No. No. I cant stand it no longer. Just fold already. FOLD. FOLD. FOLD......Phewwww.
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in - Mark Twain

Surfers Poker - Featured Sites
Old 01-12-2008, 02:07 PM
Silver Supernova Horse
Elite Supernova Staker III

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Staker Points: 44887.12
TPS: 3125.505
Plays at : Pokerstars
Game of choice : NLHE MTTs.
Fav. Online Player : durrrr
Fav. Pro : Daniel Negreanu
TomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via MSN to TomPerez Send a message via Skype™ to TomPerez

One thing, at the top of the pages, the Surfers logo goes over the text.. Just thought I'd tell you, I'm going to start reading them all now

My blog is inactive again, check it out!

[9/23/2010 5:45:13 PM] mark withers: ha ur too smart to get levelled i fail
^^^^^^ Listen to this man. Many have tried, many have failed. Your tries are useless, for I am Erik, The Unlevelable!
Except for Sal, he did it

Old 01-12-2008, 02:09 PM
Administrator

Venice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumVenice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPerez View Post
One thing, at the top of the pages, the Surfers logo goes over the text.. Just thought I'd tell you, I'm going to start reading them all now
They all look fine from here. Must be browser specific. Or maybe stretch/narrow the window size
Just be nice and fold. Please. I will never ever bluff you again. Dont make me sit here for your whole time bank. Just dont. No. No. No. I cant stand it no longer. Just fold already. FOLD. FOLD. FOLD......Phewwww.
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in - Mark Twain

Old 01-12-2008, 02:14 PM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

TomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker ForumTomPerez Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

Yep, guess it was too wide.. Thanks.

^^^^^^ Listen to this man. Many have tried, many have failed. Your tries are useless, for I am Erik, The Unlevelable!

Old 01-12-2008, 02:23 PM
Moderator & Staking Manager
Surfers Event Winner x14
Silver Supernova Staker - Verified
WSOSP Winner x2
Sharkfin Winner x2

Staker Points: 1771.78
TPS: 7.535
Plays at : Carbon Poker
Game of choice : NL hold em
tramp1579 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumtramp1579 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumtramp1579 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumtramp1579 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumtramp1579 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumtramp1579 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumtramp1579 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumtramp1579 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumtramp1579 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumtramp1579 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumtramp1579 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumtramp1579 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumtramp1579 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumtramp1579 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumtramp1579 Grandmaster of the Poker Forumtramp1579 Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

It goes over the text on mine as well.

Old 01-12-2008, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramp1579 View Post
It goes over the text on mine as well.
Just narrow the window width. Occurs if you have you have extra wide windows.

Old 01-12-2008, 02:50 PM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Question, do you have to vote for three or can you also vote for 1 or 2?

Old 01-12-2008, 04:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPerez View Post
can you also vote for 1 or 2?
No, vote for 3 only

Old 01-12-2008, 05:38 PM
Surfers Event Winner x10
Gold Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner

Staker Points: 45550.62
TPS: 3184.68
Game of choice : NL Hold'Em
Fav. Online Player : DutchMart
Fav. Pro : Lex Veldhuis
BlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via Skype™ to BlueRain

According to my calculations, 22 votes were made, which cant be a multiple of 3.. Some help venice?

Stars ID: Jroen Poker(Ermelo)
FTP ID: BlueRain16(E)

Old 01-12-2008, 05:50 PM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Andres only votes once.

Anyways, I can't seem to choose.. There's one or two I like, but the other either don't give me anything I didn't know, or I just didn't think they were good.. I'll take my time to choose

Old 01-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Surfers Event Winner x28
Elite Supernova Staker
WSOSP Winner x5
SNG Champion
Sharkfin Winner x2

Staker Points: 22183.18
TPS: 81.7
Game of choice : No Limit Holdem
RiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker ForumRiverWheel Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

I had the opposite problem. I wanted to vote for 4. I had a hard time cutting one out.

Old 01-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Surfers Event Winner x48
Elite Supernova Staker VII
Elite Supernova Horse III

WSOSP Winner x11
Sharkfin Winner x3
SNG Champion x2
After Dark Winner x4
Survivor Champion

Staker Points: 80854.48
TPS: 20526.89
Game of choice : NLHE, 5CD
Fav. Online Player : Frogman3
Fav. Pro : Marcel Luske
DrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker ForumDrJustice Grandmaster of the Poker Forum
Send a message via Skype™ to DrJustice

Some very good articles, hard to choose 3, but i made my choice.

Compliments to all the authors

Old 01-14-2008, 01:30 PM
Administrator

Voting closes in a day and a bit

Old 01-15-2008, 02:20 PM
Administrator

Bump. Any remaining voters, should do so today

Cheers

Old 01-15-2008, 04:48 PM

Staker Points: 
TPS: 
Plays at : Stars
Game of choice : NLHE
rockster Poker Forum Living Legendrockster Poker Forum Living Legendrockster Poker Forum Living Legendrockster Poker Forum Living Legendrockster Poker Forum Living Legendrockster Poker Forum Living Legendrockster Poker Forum Living Legendrockster Poker Forum Living Legendrockster Poker Forum Living Legendrockster Poker Forum Living Legendrockster Poker Forum Living Legendrockster Poker Forum Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJustice View Post
Some very good articles, hard to choose 3, but i made my choice.

Compliments to all the authors
ditto

Old 01-15-2008, 05:11 PM
Surfers Event Winner x8
Silver Supernova Horse
Silver Supernova Staker

WSOSP Winner x2
Sharkfin Winner
SNG Champion

Staker Points: 3266.9799999999996
TPS: 1611.625
Plays at : Online
Game of choice : Omaha Hi-Lo
Fav. Online Player : where's KT?
Fav. Pro : Venice
PB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker ForumPB-SP-SC Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

I can't vote, but Iread them all and really liked the one about Freeroll playing (maybe because I play those alot). The first one (about the Internet Gambling Act) deals with a very complicated subject and will lead to plenty discussion. Hope that law is revoked.

Old 01-15-2008, 05:39 PM
Surfers Event Winner x10
Gold Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner

BlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker ForumBlueRain Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

I certainly have to agree with you

Old 01-15-2008, 06:31 PM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Yeah I think the Freeroll Play one doesn't have many votes because only members with 100+ posts can vote, but I think that if you let all the freerollers that come here vote, it would get a lot more

Old 01-15-2008, 09:16 PM
Surfers Event Winner x10
Gold Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner

I hope some 2 guys bump in and vote for my article, while they both dont vote for the other favourites! But that wont happen I gues..

Old 01-16-2008, 09:59 PM
Administrator

The Writers

1. UIGEA.....by Blue Rain
2. Hand Selection and Strategy, MTTs Early On.......by no1yidmax
3. Rule of 4 and 2.....by Lemon11
4. Steal or No Steal....by bj316
5. Freeroll Play....by TomPerez
6. Hand Selection and Stategy, MTT Mid Stages.....by no1yidmax
7. WSOP Talking Points.....by bj316
8. General Poker Advice - The Poker Puzzle....by quicklysir

The Result

1st - bj316 (Steal or No Steal)
2nd - bj316 (WSOP Talking Points)
3rd - Blue Rain (UIGEA)

(SurferChick's vote for UIGEA didnt count due to lack of posts. She PM'd me after realising afterwards)

A few of the articles will be added to the poker strategy page (including the winning article) and a few will be added to the News and Articles page (including the runner-up articles)

Congratulations to the winners, I will ship the money tomorrow.

If the contest was enjoyed I may do another at a later date

Old 01-16-2008, 10:06 PM
Gold Staker - Verified
Surfers Event Winner x2

Staker Points: 706.62
TPS: 190.655
sotheysay Godlike Genius of Pokersotheysay Godlike Genius of Pokersotheysay Godlike Genius of Pokersotheysay Godlike Genius of Pokersotheysay Godlike Genius of Pokersotheysay Godlike Genius of Pokersotheysay Godlike Genius of Pokersotheysay Godlike Genius of Pokersotheysay Godlike Genius of Pokersotheysay Godlike Genius of Pokersotheysay Godlike Genius of Pokersotheysay Godlike Genius of Pokersotheysay Godlike Genius of Poker

Congrats bj and BlueRain!

I enjoyed reading all the articles everyone, thanks for writing them

Old 01-17-2008, 11:12 AM
Silver Supernova Horse

Surfers Event Winner x17
WSOSP Winner x7
Sharkfin Winner x2
After Dark Winner

Congrats BJ, the Steal or no steal one was really good Also congrats to BlueRain

Old 01-17-2008, 11:16 AM
White Water Surfer
Surfers Event Winner x19
Silver Supernova Staker
Elite Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner x4
Sharkfin Winner x8

Staker Points: 12350.029999999999
TPS: 36978.17
Plays at : CampusBar
Fav. Online Player : Ademir Galeno
Fav. Pro : dude904
ouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forumouchbadbeat Grandmaster of the Poker Forum

nice work bj + bluerain, good articles everyone

dude904 paid me $9001 for this promotional forum sig

awaiting funds

Old 01-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Verified Member
Gold Level Staker
Surfers Event Winner
WSOSP Winner

Staker Points: 227.77
TPS: 1.15
Game of choice : Horse
Fav. Online Player : ME
paula1966 Best Poker Forum Member Contenderpaula1966 Best Poker Forum Member Contender
Send a message via MSN to paula1966 Send a message via Yahoo to paula1966
Red face

nice work and congrats u2!!

pokerstars: paula1966
ultimatebet: paula_1966
full tilt: paula1966

" If ya don't have em, dont play em "

Old 01-17-2008, 03:14 PM
Surfers Event Winner
Silver Supernova Staker
Elite Supernova Horse - Verified
Sharkfin Winner

Staker Points: 4974.33
TPS: 10415.99
Plays at : Stars, FTP, 888, Ipo
Game of choice : Omaha H/L, NLHE
Fav. Pro : Negreanu
no1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Pokerno1yidmax Godlike Genius of Poker

WD guys, I tried my best but was beaten by worthy winners

no1yidmax

Old 01-17-2008, 04:10 PM
Surfers Event Winner x10
Gold Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner

Nice articled BJ, especially the Steal or no Steal one, I believe the rest, including me, couldve done better, maybe something for the next one

Old 01-17-2008, 07:55 PM
Surfers Event Winner x10
Gold Supernova Horse

WSOSP Winner

Thanks SurfersChick for giving me hope with your vote, and for voting on my article though

Poker Forum | Poker Staking

Poker Site Reviews
Titan Poker Pokerstars William Hill Bodog Carbon Poker Ladbrokes Party PokerCake Poker